Options

FINAL FANTASY FOURTEEN: tip to toe this is an ardbert

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Remember the hard fought wisdom of Asheron's Call.

Never play on patch day.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I missed you 2002 raid boss!

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    Remember the hard fought wisdom of Asheron's Call.

Never play on patch day.

But the new shiny!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I heard people are getting owned left and right because they have to have another tank to 60 to be able to make a GNB.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hmmm....I've only got the early access code applied to my account. When I try to unlock the code for the expansion on the SE store it tells me to get the code from the confirmation email.

There was no code in the confirmation email. The email said to check my account on the SE store for the code.

:rotate:

Can you not get the code from SE yet?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    I heard people are getting owned left and right because they have to have another tank to 60 to be able to make a GNB.

That's the first I heard of this. Are you sure its for real?

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »

That's the first I heard of this. Are you sure its for real?

It's not. I could accept the quest for gunbreaker with only a level 53 tank as my highest. You need a level 60 combat job and the expansion but that's it.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Hmmm....I've only got the early access code applied to my account. When I try to unlock the code for the expansion on the SE store it tells me to get the code from the confirmation email.

There was no code in the confirmation email. The email said to check my account on the SE store for the code.

The only code I have so far is the one for the Earring et all. Registering that got me early access.

I went in and told the SE Store to pre-charge my CC for the expansion a while ago, though...

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    While I don't disagree that Red Mage was in a pretty okay spot so it didn't need a lot of changes, I still think they could have done a bit better with Fleche and Contre than 'press on cooldown'.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Sarg is running along really well, hopefully it holds out until after work! D:

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    sbcd_04d_i0SWqQ.png

(Viera - SCH)

This made me realize that I could totally do a rockin' Breath of Fire III Momo cosplay

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My fancy witch hat doesn't show up on viera. That is...not great.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    shit Momo. that's a name I haven't read in a while.

GNB at 60 feels pretty good! I was only able to squeeze in a few minutes of game time (and set up my obligatory Squall Cosplay) but so far it's been going well. I also love that FATEs are active once more in SB so might as well take part of the FATE train this weekend. Apparently (Healer in Need) might be a thing this time around lol.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

The registration code will become available on release date. The early access code will let you play until then.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Donnicton wrote: »
    While I don't disagree that Red Mage was in a pretty okay spot so it didn't need a lot of changes, I still think they could have done a bit better with Fleche and Contre than 'press on cooldown'.

I'm surprised they didn't gain charges with some sort of reset on proc system. The one thing I'm not wild about on paper is the change to aoe, scatterspam wasn't fun but now the aoe rotation is backwards from the single target one and it feels like we got buttons for the sake of buttons.

Numi on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Played a few hours before work today. Immediately remembered i hate having to learn new cities.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Played a few hours before work today. Immediately remembered i hate having to learn new cities.

I love it. All the new cities.

Next deep dungeon should just be navigating around random cities.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I hope we don't have to wait too long for thr deep dungeon

I fucking love deep dungeons

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Will the Digital CE's Gunblade come on actual release day, I take it?

• Options
    So, uh, this expansion is really really good so far. Just dinged 71.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Nyht wrote: »

this. I need to know! Shire Gunblade is fine but it's no Revolver.

EDIT: Oh man. I need a Hive Revolver. An Ifrit Revolver. A Bismark Revolver....dammit.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    The wine snob portion of the Dalmascan quest line is a complex bouquet of both amusing and infuriating.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Nyht wrote: »

Yes, you won't be able to enter your "full" code until the actual release day so you won't get the CE rewards until then (mount, gunblade, fran).

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Ok. So re: the level 63 Dancer quest

(Spoilers)
    Show up in Ul'dah, decide where to put on your show. Brass Blades guard shows up and tells you it is unsafe and you can't perform there. And the player is given the opportunity to say "Do you know who I am?"

But then they totally waste it. Wasted opportunity to name drop yourself. What is your response? "I'm an adventurer, I can take care of myself."

Yeah. That's the credentials I dropped.

Not "Scion of the Seventh Dawn." Not "Warrior of Light." Not "Friend of the Sultana, don't make me call her up on my linkpearl phone and tell you to let me do what I want." Not "I am friends with Raubahn and Pippin and I have fought beside them in war on the front lines." Not "I'm on speaking terms with literally every world leader on this planet." Not "Look at all these Primal teeth I've collected on my string of primal teeth necklace."

No. They went with "I'm an adventurer."

Sheesh.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    because it is possible, albeit unlikely, to unlock dancer without having beaten or even gotten very far into arr

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    A good start. SCH 71. BTN 71.

And I'm selling flax for 5k each on the market... and debating if I should go higher. And then I'm seeing people trying to get 80k each for the yarn it makes.... (It's not selling... and that's a ludicrous price - the cloth is only listed at 20k)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    do the new recipes need flax or are people just power leveling weaver?

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Should I do post-launch MSQ stuff for each expansion before jumping into Shadowbringers MSQ, or are those relatively self-contained stories?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    you have to do the whole msq

do you mean the side content?

• Options
    if you mean the optional dungeons and raids and stuff, they're all worth going back and doing at some point, but when is up to you!

the only one I strongly recommend doing asap is the level 50 24-man raid series, since shadowbringers ties heavily into what happened there

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'm at Griffon Griffon on the Wall as my Warrior and sort of afraid to go tank the dungeons as a returning player. My Dragoon is up to 58. Is it worth it to finish the Dragoon to 60 and level that for Stormborn or just suck it up and play the Warrior for Stormborn?

Those are my only two jobs at high levels currently since I mostly play to craft and gather (all crafter/gatherers at 60+).

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I'm at Griffon Griffon on the Wall as my Warrior and sort of afraid to go tank the dungeons as a returning player. My Dragoon is up to 58. Is it worth it to finish the Dragoon to 60 and level that for Stormborn or just suck it up and play the Warrior for Stormborn?

Those are my only two jobs at high levels currently since I mostly play to craft and gather (all crafter/gatherers at 60+).

As someone who hasn't tanked a day in his life, I assume it's easier to tank than ever given the way they revamp'ed mitigation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Despite what your experience with Aurum Vale was, Tanking is pretty straightforward from 50 onward. Current dungeon design dropped ARR labyrinthine design and most dungeons are just a corridor like FFX. No mechanic will wipe you right away and you usually can get away with flubbing them. Also, most rotations are dps like these days with no positional requirements.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    The first class i leveled to 50 was paladin and Aurum vale absolutely destroyed my confidence it was miserable.

It is an outlier though very few dungeons feel as brutally unfair as vale.

• Options
    vale isn't even that hard, you just have to take your time

the problem is that other dungeons rarely ask that of you

• Options

I mean msq stuff like things added in 3.1, 3.2, etc. and ditto for 4.1+.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Aurum Vale is only hard when your group refuses to explain the first and last boss to new players. (or if your healer is very very new)

Eat at 2 stacks on the first boss, eat at 3 stacks on the last boss. Boom, you win.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Also AV is like in this weird Limbo. If it was a lv 50 dungeon and you had access to your full tank kit it would be WAY more easier. Well...now with the tank changes I dunno maybe it's easier.

Oh right I forgot, despite what your dps might tell you, unless you're overgeared just pull one pack at a time. Once you have some experience under your belt you can pull two groups at a time and survive with no issues.

• Options
    Sterica wrote: »

I mean msq stuff like things added in 3.1, 3.2, etc. and ditto for 4.1+.

...yes? I'm honestly still not 100% clear on what you mean

msq content is all mandatory, but the question implies you're asking about optional stuff

This discussion has been closed.