As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    And that’s why you always cheat, people. Because sometimes you get away with it.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The NFL told Payton after the game they blew the call.

If I was the Saints owner I'd fly the whole team to Atlanta that week and just suit up, see what happens. Have the players flood every reporter in that shitty Reporter Row or whatever it is and all the pre-game interviews and setup. Pay every reporter who talks to the Rams players "....you know you shouldn't be here right?"

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    And that’s why you always cheat, people. Because sometimes you get away with it.

It actually is a fascinating part of game design. Like, similar to how skyrim maps are built knowing generally which slopes you can skyrim your way up and which you can't, cheating is an important and built-in part of football. Like a certain amount of cheating is expected, and that's why there are penalties of varying degree, commensurate with the cheating part's estimated effect.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Pats d line isn’t going to be able to keep this up. Unless they can get out ahead like they did the first time these teams met, we are going to see some epic Brady pout.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Committing a penalty =/= cheating

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Pats d line isn’t going to be able to keep this up. Unless they can get out ahead like they did the first time these teams met, we are going to see some epic Brady pout.

The Patriots d-line is getting a lot of time to rest and get their wind back between each series. They might be able to keep it up.

30 minutes left, anything can happen. Belichick had the better first half game plan, but Reid is one of the best in the business and the KC offense is stupid good when it gets rolling.

Go Pats.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Reid is one of the best in the business? Are you joking?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Fuck, the pats are going to win this aren't they?

Pats rams would be interesting as pats rams was brads first SB, as huge underdogs against an old qb. Roles would be flipped

• Options
    I just saw the saints rams non call.

I honestly didn't think it'd be that bad, figured you guys were just over reacting like people in these threads usually do.

Wow. How was that not called? That's PI in the 80's even. That, that's horrible. I don't particularly like the saints or brees, but they deserve to be in the SB after seeing that.

Phil simms was pissed in the halftime report where I saw it.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Reid is one of the best in the business? Are you joking?

He definitely is

Until a clock gets involved

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    RickRude wrote: »

Pats rams would be interesting as pats rams was brads first SB, as huge underdogs against an old qb. Roles would be flipped

It won't even be close pats will walk to another super bowl and boston fans will be more insufferable for another year.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

It won't even be close pats will walk to another super bowl and boston fans will be more insufferable for another year.

We thought the rams would do the same thing to the pats back in 2002 (?)

• Options

Different teams, different things coming in. Like the rams the pats beat didn't just complete almost twenty years of being dominant.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Different teams, different things coming in. Like the rams the pats beat didn't just complete almost twenty years of being dominant.

The pats have weaknesses, and it may not have been 20 years of dominance but it was 2 years of destroying the league and changing how it was played offensively. The rams were huge favorites and the pats only got there because of a tuck rule.

I'm not saying history will repeat itself but it's a nice storyline with roles flipped.

Fuck the pats though.

• Options

The pats have weaknesses, and it may not have been 20 years of dominance but it was 2 years of destroying the league and changing how it was played offensively. The rams were huge favorites and the pats only got there because of a tuck rule.

I'm not saying history will repeat itself but it's a nice storyline with roles flipped.

Fuck the pats though.

If they aren't up by 3 touchdowns by half time I'll be shocked. These rams don't deserve to be there, and they'll get stomped.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Sometimes it is.

The reverse of the Rams-Pats super bowl already happened, it was Pats-Giants #1

• Options

Sometimes it is.

Damn you're right. I remember that sb. One of my favorites. Me and my roommatedrinking, made a bunch of food, and kept saying "in Eli we trust" just hoping they might make it somewhat close. Could not believe the ending of that game.

• Options

Sometimes it is.

Damn you're right. I remember that sb. One of my favorites. Me and my roommatedrinking, made a bunch of food, and kept saying "in Eli we trust" just hoping they might make it somewhat close. Could not believe the ending of that game.

I just remember watching the pregame coverage and they did an interview with three pats receivers and it was the exact same interview as the one they did with Torrey Holt and the rest of the greatest show on turf crew.

Then the Giants D line spent the whole game on Brady and David Tyree put stickum on his helmet. Yadda yadda yadda, Brady face.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I mean the Ram’s have to be hoping for the Pats. They have a good run defense, unlike the chiefs.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Alright, we got a ball game now.

C'mon, Chiefs!

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Alright, we got a ball game now.

C'mon, Chiefs!

Yeah we do. It'll be a rough quarter, but this is doable. As of now.

• Options
    Now it's a ball game. Huge stop. He just pulled him backwards.

• Options
    BIG STOP!

Get points on this, Chiefs. You need points.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    I don’t think he touched it?????

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Holy crap did he not touch the ball?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I don’t think he touched it?????

Yeah same thought. Just barely missed him like 3 times.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Hit the wrist strap on his left glove.

• Options
    Also, why can’t you advance a muffed punt?

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    He touched it. Fuck the Patriots.

It can't be overturned right cause there is no incontrovertible evidence?

Holy shit.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Also, why can’t you advance a muffed punt?

Yeah. Stupid rule. A fumble is a fumble.

• Options
    ITS THE LEFT THUMB! The left thumb on the grassy knoll!

• Options
    BULLSHIT

• Options
    Every camera angle seemed to clear one possibility but left another one open.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Bullshit, it touched his fingertips and then his shoulder

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    There is no consecutive evidence that it didn’t, fire that ref

Into the sun

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Like I am on team fuck The Pats but after all those replays it was pretty clear he didn't touch it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, that was all a waste of time

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    I was just typing in "fuck this game."

Nevermind!

• Options
    Holy crap Edleman is cursed hahahaha.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    More bullshit favoritism for the Patriots.