As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    With insurance you would have to be stupid to play in that league. You cant afford good enough insurance to deal with potential football injuries

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    With insurance you would have to be stupid to play in that league. You cant afford good enough insurance to deal with potential football injuries

I still feel the NFLPA can sell the idea of universal health care to a lot more people and to very right wing people better than anyone in politics can.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    The NFLPA struggles just to sell the idea that current players should care about future players.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The NFLPA struggles just to sell the idea that current players should care about future players.

That's under DeMaurice Smith. As the NFLPA really needs former players in leadership roles instead of corp lawyers and other business people

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

That's under DeMaurice Smith. As the NFLPA really needs former players in leadership roles instead of corp lawyers and other business people

Gene Upshaw was Executive Director of the NFLPA for the preceding 25 years and did a worse job if anything

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

Gene Upshaw was Executive Director of the NFLPA for the preceding 25 years and did a worse job if anything

There is a reason that the PA is considered amongst the worst union in all sports. If not in general.

• Options
    Late/Early Map Check

Baltimore and Dallas with the bye. Lots of movement for FOX.

Never paid attention for other regions, but the 'rules' for DFW are basically as follows: Dallas, NFCE, Houston, regionally appropriate team (New Orleans, Kansas City, Denver, Arizona). So of course the late game will be Oakland/Houston instead of Cleveland's guaranteed victory over New England. Thanks, Obama.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Late/Early Map Check

Baltimore and Dallas with the bye. Lots of movement for FOX.

Never paid attention for other regions, but the 'rules' for DFW are basically as follows: Dallas, NFCE, Houston, regionally appropriate team (New Orleans, Kansas City, Denver, Arizona). So of course the late game will be Oakland/Houston instead of Cleveland's guaranteed victory over New England. Thanks, Obama.

It is going to be a really ugly rain game so it might not look great on TV anyway?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    I would rather watch a muddy, rainy, low-scoring slog than Oakland/Houston.

Without Dallas playing, I'll probably skip eveything until Green Bay/KC anyway.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I would rather watch a muddy, rainy, low-scoring slog than Oakland/Houston.

Without Dallas playing, I'll probably skip eveything until Green Bay/KC anyway.

Definitely looks like a Red Zone day. I'll watch a specific game if there's one I'm really interested in, but if it's a bunch of garbage looking games, I put on Red Zone, and just let them curate the good bits for me.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Sorry Lions fan's, I threw Matt Stafford into my fantasy line-up, so...

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Wow. The Bears ran 5 plays from inside the 4 yard line, then spiked the ball on the 1 with 1 second left to settle for a field goal on 4th down.

They ran for 1 yard during that spell and received a 2 yard DPI call that granted them a fresh set of downs to piss away.

The Lions trail this team in their division.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Wow. The Bears ran 5 plays from inside the 4 yard line, then spiked the ball on the 1 with 1 second left to settle for a field goal on 4th down.

They ran for 1 yard during that spell and received a 2 yard DPI call that granted them a fresh set of downs to piss away.

Listening to the booing is the only reason to have that game on.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

We're lucky we're seeing them later in the season. Feels like the Bears defense just won't be playing with the same intensity thanks to their historically bad offense. Reminds me of Jax a couple years back with Bortles.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Man, the Drew Brees guy appears to be a fairly serviceable QB.

Me anytime Brees is on TV: "FUCKING MIAMI OWNERSHIP!"

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Man, the Drew Brees guy appears to be a fairly serviceable QB.

Me anytime Brees is on TV: "FUCKING MIAMI OWNERSHIP!"

His shoulder was obviously busted. #culpeppersknee

• Options
    Philadelphia is out to prove that last week's shellacking was an aberration and are putting the boot in on a dynamic and superior (checks notes) Buffalo?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    nah this is just a classic eagles win to hurt their draft position and make you think they're not terrible.

they still can't do anything about the pass against anyone halfway decent, buffalo just couldn't take advantage.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    And Buffalo just went four-and-out. In their own half. Eating up thirty four seconds. Before the two minute warning.

Do people really wonder how New England looks so much better?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Turnover on downs was because Allen threw the ball away to avoid the sack. He looked confused that the drive was over.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Lol Bears lose on a missed 41 yard field goal which allows the Lions to move ahead of them for third in a division neither of them have a chance at winning

• Options
    This Cleveland.....game(?) sure is something to witness.

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    It's something

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Nick Chubb’s beast-quake ending with a fumble 10 yards from the end zone is the perfect metaphor for the Browns

• Options
    That was a refreshing Cleveland drive.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    jjae2123 wrote: »
    It's something

Pats are lucky that Cleveland kept giving them the ball every single snap, because the Pats O is struggling and Chubb seems able to run all over them.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    There needs to be more of this when the NFL does games outside the country, or they're never gonna make inroads.

I'm wondering if it might be smarter for the NFL to make those games special exhibition matches where the win/loss doesn't count and people don't have to worry about messing up their stats so more of the crazy weird shit that can happen in American football gets showcased without destroying the players.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Seems like this pretty much sums up the Seahawks right now:

idgi but they're 6-2 so I'll take it

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Me right now.
    nxf9cqoyv9pk.jpeg

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That punt on 4th-and-3 was as bad a surrender as I’ve seen this season.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Checks out.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And Buffalo just went four-and-out. In their own half. Eating up thirty four seconds. Before the two minute warning.

Do people really wonder how New England looks so much better?
    Not even a little bit.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Haven't watched the game yet, but how was Moore playing?

If it was Mahomes, it's cowardly as shit. But what's the confidence Moore or an RB could have made that, given the Packers D haven't been playing like garbage most of the season so far?

Honestly, was kinda surprised to see the score so close.

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »

If it was Mahomes, it's cowardly as shit. But what's the confidence Moore or an RB could have made that, given the Packers D haven't been playing like garbage most of the season so far?

I stopped watching in the 3rd and Moore and Rodgers had similar stats. He was doing okay.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

I stopped watching in the 3rd and Moore and Rodgers had similar stats. He was doing okay.

And McCoy was mostly running 5+ yards a carry at that point, too. Chiefs had options, but instead they surrendered.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

And McCoy was mostly running 5+ yards a carry at that point, too. Chiefs had options, but instead they surrendered.

It's amazing how much of a coward Andy Reid turns into in the 4th quarter.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    It's been said before, but Reid needs a closer to finish out important games for him.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

Moore looked pretty good out there overall to be honest. To be fair, with the offensive talent on that team, and Reid being overall a good, Offensive-minded coach, a lot of QBs would look good there under center. But still, Moore was pretty damn good.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Listening to the booing is the only reason to have that game on.

it was about peak bears. That they had a number of drives all sputter out inside the 10 and take field goals to lose by 1 point is just beautiful.