As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    MorganV wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »
    That punt on 4th-and-3 was as bad a surrender as I’ve seen this season.

Haven't watched the game yet, but how was Moore playing?

If it was Mahomes, it's cowardly as shit. But what's the confidence Moore or an RB could have made that, given the Packers D haven't been playing like garbage most of the season so far?

Honestly, was kinda surprised to see the score so close.

Moore looked pretty good out there overall to be honest. To be fair, with the offensive talent on that team, and Reid being overall a good, Offensive-minded coach, a lot of QBs would look good there under center. But still, Moore was pretty damn good.

Moore was fairly solid in Miami, so he should be extremely solid for the Chiefs. I always preferred him over Tannehill.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    You dance with the whores horse that cost the most.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Seems like this pretty much sums up the Seahawks right now:

[...]

idgi but they're 6-2 so I'll take it

Theyre bad but their schedule is worse than they are

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I should probably just turn off the game now and pretend that was the final play of the game.

• Options
    Or not! Looks like Pittsburg might have completely looked past the Fins.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Everyone forgot the Steelers completely overlook a random game every year rule

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Also the Steelers are bad?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Plenty of bad teams remember they should be better than Miami.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Still wish we were starting Rosen to evaluate him but it's nice see8ng the fins play well. Then again there's still a 2nd half and we suck at that.

• Options
    Fuck right as I say that. Still say he was worth more than a first rounder Fitzpatrick.

• Options
    Yup, this is the Miami I'm accustomed to.

• Options
    I had to step away for the second quarter and got back right in time to see Pittsburgh score.

So yeah, that's about right.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    This is much better than we had a right to expect. As the Ringers week 8 preview reminded me.
    The Ringer wrote:
    Monday Night Football
    Miami Dolphins (0-6) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-4)
    Kickoff time: 8:15 p.m. ET
    Channel: ESPN
    Announcers: Joe Tessitore, Booger McFarland, Lisa Salters (sideline reporter)
    Opening line: Pittsburgh -16
    Over/under: 42.5
    Key Steelers injuries and absences: Linebacker T.J. Watt (abdomen), running back Jaylen Samuels (knee), quarterback Mason Rudolph (concussion), tight end Vance McDonald (shoulder), wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (illness), cornerback Joe Haden (groin)
    Key Dolphins injuries and absences: Cornerback Xavien Howard (knee), safety Reshad Jones (chest), wide receiver Albert Wilson (hip)
    What to watch: Déjà vu

We know what you’re thinking: This game sucks. Well, if you think this sucks, let me tell you about Dolphins-Steelers on MNF in 2007. The field was so muddy a punt got wedged into the turf.

Pittsburgh was favored by 16 points, and the over/under for the game was 38.5. The Steelers won 3-0. Thanks to a torrential downpour, for 59 minutes and 40 seconds, the score was 0-0. Miami’s starting quarterback, John Beck, threw for 132 yards, while Miami running backs Jesse Chatman and Ricky Williams combined for 17 carries for 32 yards.

Whatever happens on Monday, just know that this won’t even be the worst Dolphins-Steelers Monday night game in the past 12 years.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    We dont really want to win though, so I guess this fine. I guess.

• Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    We dont really want to win though, so I guess this fine. I guess.

I'm so conflicted! I want them to win, because I do, but I don't because it's best if we dont win for the draft. My gf keeps saying "I hope they win baby " and I'm like, I'm not sure I do. Glad it's close and competitive though

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    That third and 20 at the end of the half was the most obvious tank job I’ve ever seen.

Sure Tomlin’s not mad, but jeez.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I guess Miami is all-in on Fitztragic.

So who will trade a fifth rounder for Rosen this year?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    That third and 20 at the end of the half was the most obvious tank job I’ve ever seen.

Sure Tomlin’s not mad, but jeez.

You're telling me cover 3 isn't 3 CBs playing zone 20 yards down field with no safety help and no LBs underneath? I'm shocked shocked I tell you.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    I think our coach thought he was playing Madden

• Options
    And seriously, who cares if we win a game. Fitzpatrick looked fine, but we know he looks fine. Do we need to evaluate a back up? We had moore who was fine. Find out if Rosen has anything in him. If nothing else find out if he's a serviceable backup. Those have value in this league. Look at Fitzpatrick

• Options
    Man all kinds of crazyness going down in the last day or so.

Chargers fire their OC Weisenhunt - after a win!
    Xavien Howard is going on IR. He got a pick last night, which could have proved season ruining. So time to shut him down with a NonCL knee injury.

And then this 1-2 combo, which everyone should remember the next time people talk about players needing to be "loyal" to the team.

Bangles are benching Dalton for 4th round rookie Ryan Finely - on Daltons birthday.
    Rams Trade Aqib Talib AND a fifth-round pick to Miami for "a Future Pick"

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
  • Options
    Not to ruin the joke (I totally am), but the lowest ratings for players ends up generally between 65-69. Out of position turns it to about 40.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’m not so sure they would actually get along, but a Kluwe/Minshew channel would be pretty awesome

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I’m not so sure they would actually get along, but a Kluwe/Minshew channel would be pretty awesome

The Minshew-Kluew Shuew.

I'd tune in.

• Options
    Man all kinds of crazyness going down in the last day or so.

Chargers fire their OC Weisenhunt - after a win!
    Xavien Howard is going on IR. He got a pick last night, which could have proved season ruining. So time to shut him down with a NonCL knee injury.

And then this 1-2 combo, which everyone should remember the next time people talk about players needing to be "loyal" to the team.

Bangles are benching Dalton for 4th round rookie Ryan Finely - on Daltons birthday.
    Rams Trade Aqib Talib AND a fifth-round pick to Miami for "a Future Pick"

From what I read Miami essentially spent $4million on a fifth round pick.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/30/baker-mayfield-storms-away-from-media-after-dumbest-question-you-could-ask/

Mayfield was speaking with the media today when longtime Cleveland sports reporter Tony Grossi questioned him about a Browns drive that stalled in Sunday’s loss to the Patriots. As Grossi interjected with a question, Mayfield got short with him.

“Stop saying but,” Mayfield told Grossi. “I just told you the clock was running and we had a penalty. You want to give them the ball back? No. You don’t play, you don’t know. That’s just plain and simple.”

Grossi asked, “Were you happy with that drive?”

“Was I happy with the drive? No, we didn’t score points,” Mayfield said. “That’s the dumbest question you could ask. What? Jesus, Tony.”

With that, Mayfield stormed off Leaf'd, ending his media session.

I mean the hype train has been derailed for weeks now, but it looks like whatever was in those tank cars is now leaking into the river and may catch fire soon.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/30/baker-mayfield-storms-away-from-media-after-dumbest-question-you-could-ask/

Mayfield was speaking with the media today when longtime Cleveland sports reporter Tony Grossi questioned him about a Browns drive that stalled in Sunday’s loss to the Patriots. As Grossi interjected with a question, Mayfield got short with him.

“Stop saying but,” Mayfield told Grossi. “I just told you the clock was running and we had a penalty. You want to give them the ball back? No. You don’t play, you don’t know. That’s just plain and simple.”

“Was I happy with the drive? No, we didn’t score points,” Mayfield said. “That’s the dumbest question you could ask. What? Jesus, Tony.”

I mean the hype train has been derailed for weeks now, but it looks like whatever was in those tank cars is now leaking into the river and may catch fire soon.

https://youtu.be/VtW8RkI3-c4

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

The clock was also not running and a false start doesn't stop it. So him acting like the reporter was being an idiot was itself kinda dumb.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Poor Ryan Leaf had to learn he was trending based on this. Sad.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Mayfield showing up in so many commercials. Jinxed the season.

• Options
    RIP WYTS as deadspin died today. Hopefully Drew will find a new home next year.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Deadspin still exists. It's just that the idiot fucks who bought it intend to turn it into a shitty clickbait site. Similar to what is going down at Sports Illustrated.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    So basically Deadspin but even less funny. Also, the Onion is pretty much dead since its owned by the same people.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Deadspin still exists. It's just that the idiot fucks who bought it intend to turn it into a shitty clickbait site. Similar to what is going down at Sports Illustrated.

Well.... it exists in name. I think what @Preacher was alluding to was that after Barry got fired, basically everyone worth anything quit in response. I think I saw four other high profile departures, including Albert and Drew, and a handful of others.

A communal blog site, where almost everyone worth reading has told management to kiss their ass, does it still really exist? It's an infrastructure built around the content provided. And the people providing that content, are gone.

Now, if they're lucky, they can restaff before people notice. But I doubt it.

• Options
    No way, Deadspin’s model was around their readers being invested in the specific bloggers and their gimmicks

The dude’s nice and all, but a blog heavily featuring Haisley isn’t doing much traffic

• Options
    No way, Deadspin’s model was around their readers being invested in the specific bloggers and their gimmicks

The dude’s nice and all, but a blog heavily featuring Haisley isn’t doing much traffic

yeah like people read deadspin for the writers. I know I did, drew quit this morning making it officially dead and dusted.

Magary will be fine, he'll end up somewhere else because he's famousish, but the other writers are definitely going to struggle.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Burneko has admitted struggling mentally and with motivation to write stuff, but if he could muster it, I would buy all the cookbooks from him. I wonder if he can continue using the “foodspin” tag

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

Literally no one works at Deadspin anymore. Don't expect much football content coming from there anytime soon.

Deadspin was a good website.

• Options
    Map Check

Bye weeks for Atlanta, Cincinnati, LA Rams, and New Orleans. Plus, the annual 'No Jacksonville Is Totes Not Moving To London' Bowl Game. This year against Houston. So basically footbaw all day for those with NFLN.

With the byes and London, the actual selection is just meh. Buckman to return next week now the World Series has ended.