As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hades II] These deities are hotter than Hades (Early Access Q2!)

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Chiron bow with weak on attack, chill on special, and plus 4 shots on special turns out is good.

I've thought up a fake way to wean off god mode and it's just increasing the damage taken heat but still... really wish it was adaptive both directions. I actually wrote feedback about that to supergiant on their website

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OK, quick question. Is anyone else having a drift problem in the menus? Whenever I got to look at my Boons or Codex stuff, occasionally the curser will just get stuck scrolling down. I thought I had a drift problem, but the issue doesn't occur when I play the main game. It's only the menu stuff.

Now it could very well be a hardware issue (I've had the joy-cons since launch without issue), but I wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar problem before I go down the repair rabbit hole.

Super weird: Yes, I’ve been having this issue as well, and thought my drift problems had worsened and extended to my right joy-con. I haven’t noticed it in-game either, but I’ve definitely got some issues in the left joy-con, so I’ve been assuming it was just time for a new set. I’m still using my launch original on the right side, but the left was sent in for repair, which helped for a while.

Edit: It’s also possible that the menus are just sensitive and picking up on a lower level of drift than we’re noticing elsewhere.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    OK, quick question. Is anyone else having a drift problem in the menus? Whenever I got to look at my Boons or Codex stuff, occasionally the curser will just get stuck scrolling down. I thought I had a drift problem, but the issue doesn't occur when I play the main game. It's only the menu stuff.

Now it could very well be a hardware issue (I've had the joy-cons since launch without issue), but I wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar problem before I go down the repair rabbit hole.

Super weird: Yes, I’ve been having this issue as well, and thought my drift problems had worsened and extended to my right joy-con. I haven’t noticed it in-game either, but I’ve definitely got some issues in the left joy-con, so I’ve been assuming it was just time for a new set. I’m still using my launch original on the right side, but the left was sent in for repair, which helped for a while.

Edit: It’s also possible that the menus are just sensitive and picking up on a lower level of drift than we’re noticing elsewhere.

Check your controller calibration, I've seen cases where a stick was frequently stuck registering as just barely off-center.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    i had something weird happen yesterday. It's unclear if it was Hades or my SNpro30+ but i was mid-fighting hades and the controller started to do a solid vibration while running me uncontrollably right until i was able to pause the game with my keyboard and remove the battery on my controller.

It was... very strange. I briefly thought Hades was doing me a psycho mantis

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    It was... very strange. I briefly thought Hades was doing me a psycho mantis
    Heh. I thought I had a weird control thing going on in a run earlier, but it turned out my fingers just moved on the keyboard and I didn’t notice. :/ I was thinking “Psycho Mantis??” at that point.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Some of these are spot-on perfect. Please read the entire thread.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    So I'm well into the 'finished main story' part of the game, but I've clearly still got a lot to do. Regularly getting to the end on heat 2, which is nice.

But I had to share this, the most frustrating of final-chamber situations... spoilers for the final level.
    yjg366e8stiu.jpg
    Cleared every passage, broke all the urns... ugh. Charon needs a 'take a penny, leave a penny' bowl.

But man is supporting fire awesome with the rail with homing bullets. So many projectiles!

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    Got my second clear, this time with the spear. Special upgrade turned me into an AoE rapid-Fire Machine gun. Add in freezing stacks and the entire last area and boss were a breeze.

4 more weapons to go, although I’m already wondering how I can make melee stuff work. I get punished so hard with my bad reflexes or the sheer clutter of effects happening that I miss a dodge.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm getting further and further on consecutive runs, even while switching up weapons and builds completely, so that's good news. My first shield run had me fight the Minotaur as a separate encounter on my trip up, then I managed to kill him in the boss chamber too. Unfortunately, I took too much chip damage from spear tosses during that process and got killed right as I turned my intention to his annoying buddy.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Got to Hades on the same run that I first beat the terrible twos, and more of the updates feel like they're in reach now. I think I'll next save up to get that third Death Defiance - it's only about 450 Darkness away.

I was surprised at how far I got with the Hades fight too. I had him at roughly 2/3 of his health when he killed me, and that was without me having much of an understanding of his attacks.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Got the 10th clear.... does it count as a clear, actually?

Anyway.
    i'm glad for that ending. it felt very nice.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    In The Blood is no Setting Sail, Coming Home.

But that was a nice ending. Dunno if i'm going to play more though. Does anything happen or is it just character relationship stuff?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    In The Blood is no Setting Sail, Coming Home.

But that was a nice ending. Dunno if i'm going to play more though. Does anything happen or is it just character relationship stuff?

YEAH I felt the same. Probably the weakest of the Supergiant Games ending song.

STILL a good song.

(Though i think On the Coast is probably my favorite piece. i get the chills every time)

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    There's still a pretty significant ending after the beat the game 10 times ending

though I don't know how it actually triggers and I'd certainly cleared the game at least 50 times before I saw it

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    It's honestly impressive how much main story happens after the credits roll

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That's... a lot more than I think I want to endure. I liked the game but not enough to grind stuff out.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’m definitely not going to grind out all the stuff that takes jewels as currency.

I finally managed to beat the optional boss once but it took all my defiances to do

And i will likely not do a 32 heat run

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

Yup. I’ve had the same issue with my Xbox controller on PC

Interesting. Well, I bought new Joy Cons and placed a repair order for my existing ones. New Joy Cons have been 100% great with no signs of in-game issues.

Also, I won with the Shield. Doom/Weak combo for most of the run, but then near the end, I got the 25% max Call that auto-charges. I didn't realize it charged so fast. Couple that with usually waiting for a max bar before activating and I was leaving untapped power on the ground. Near the end, I picked up the damage buff for 15 seconds after Call which meant I was perma-buffed and invincible every 5 seconds. That was nutty!

Now for the Sword, Gloves, and Gun.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    the real end game is learning to play the lyre

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I had a completely laughable run earlier today that turned into one of my best runs yet. I never took a Chaos Pact in the Early Access version since losing a massive chunk of health to explore a mystery room sounded very dumb to me (without knowing what it was meant to be). So today's run had the first Chaos Pact I've seen in my fresh save and I ended up taking two of them, both on the first floor. So I limped into the first floor boss chamber at half health with a real bad movement speed punishment still in effect. Unsurprisingly, Meg exploited the shit out of me for that, and I lost my 2 death defiances while killing her. The buffs from the two Pacts helped me get through the second floor cleanly, but the third floor was looking grim. Until Patroclus gave me ALL my death defiances back, what an absolute bro. Since Theseus wiped me out last time, I focused on wiping him first and managed it. I had the Minotaur down to about 1/3rd health left, until a truly ridiculous heat seeking splash projectile killed me. Dang it. That would have been my first trip to floor 4.

• Options
    I had a completely laughable run earlier today that turned into one of my best runs yet. I never took a Chaos Pact in the Early Access version since losing a massive chunk of health to explore a mystery room sounded very dumb to me (without knowing what it was meant to be). So today's run had the first Chaos Pact I've seen in my fresh save and I ended up taking two of them, both on the first floor. So I limped into the first floor boss chamber at half health with a real bad movement speed punishment still in effect. Unsurprisingly, Meg exploited the shit out of me for that, and I lost my 2 death defiances while killing her. The buffs from the two Pacts helped me get through the second floor cleanly, but the third floor was looking grim. Until Patroclus gave me ALL my death defiances back, what an absolute bro. Since Theseus wiped me out last time, I focused on wiping him first and managed it. I had the Minotaur down to about 1/3rd health left, until a truly ridiculous heat seeking splash projectile killed me. Dang it. That would have been my first trip to floor 4.

I'd highly recommend killing Asterious (Minotaur) first, then go after Theseus. At half health, Theseus gets his God buff which makes the entire chamber a mess. It's not bad 1v1, but I couldn't even imagine how hard it would be with Asterious chasing me around too.

Cleared the game again with the bow, which I'd already done before, but this run was specifically to get the "reverse" mirror talents down. I flipped them all and prayed. Having a single Dash SUCKS! But I was lucky to get a busted Freeze build going and the homing arrows (w/+4 arrows upgrade) just wrecked everything in my path. Tossed in the freeze beam Casts for good measure (on a 3 second cooldown) and nothing got even close to touching me.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    5th clear with gloves, 4th weapon total! Thought I'd build out a lightning build, but only ever got Lightning on my attack...and that was about it. The Fates (how apropos) decided I should focus more on being Chill. So like the last run, I was dropping freeze lasers between punching stuff. Then I got the Boon that drops lightning bolts near your Casts before picking them up. Holy shit did that make the rest of the run a cake walk.

Just the Sword and Rail left to go. Having the hardest time with the Rail, so hopefully I find some busted stuff along the way to get through the Elysium bosses.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular

I'd highly recommend killing Asterious (Minotaur) first, then go after Theseus. At half health, Theseus gets his God buff which makes the entire chamber a mess. It's not bad 1v1, but I couldn't even imagine how hard it would be with Asterious chasing me around too.

Yeah, just stay outside the columns and try to stand behind one when you see the crosshairs on you. Run Asterious into the columns when he charges and he'll get stunned for a couple seconds. Absolutely kill Asteroius first.

If I have a cast like the frost beam,s or Ares' saw blades of death, or the hangover fog, I'll throw 'em in the middle and get some chip damage on Theseus, but otherwise I ignore him til the mino's down.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Feeling a touch stuck, I think. I first got to Theseus on like run 5, with bow. I'm on like run 12 or 13, have been trying the other stuff (by now I can make all weapons except Sword kinda work. Sword does NOT work for me), still have yet to get past aforementioned Theseus.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Drascin wrote: »
    Feeling a touch stuck, I think. I first got to Theseus on like run 5, with bow. I'm on like run 12 or 13, have been trying the other stuff (by now I can make all weapons except Sword kinda work. Sword does NOT work for me), still have yet to get past aforementioned Theseus.
    Third Level Boss strategies
    1st - Kill the Minotaur.

MINOTAUR

stay on the outside edge of the arena. Keep an eye on your own character, and if there's red crosshairs on you, a Spear will be thrown at you soon,* so position yourself behind a pillar or get ready to dash to dodge it. If you continuously dash at all times, usually this won't be a problem either.

Minotaur mainly does Wide Swing, Wide Swing, Jump Swing. Stay WELL away from it during Wide Swings, then when it jumps for the overhead swing, jump TOWARD its launching/origin point. He will leap over you, and you won't get hit by anything. Dash quickly back toward the minotaur and get a couple hits in, then back off. Or stand still and hit him with ranged/casts.

Sometimes the Jump Swing is followed up by two more Jump Swings. Same pattern to dodge, really. Dash toward his launch point, then Dash again to avoid the third one, then Dash and get a couple hits in.

When he charges, Dash away and run away rapidly and dash through a pillar to ram him into it.

After playing Ring around the Rosy around the outer edge of the arena and beating the Minotaur, then you focus on Theseus.

2nd - Kill Theseus (phase 1)

THESEUS

Theseus has a shield, which blocks most attacks (notable exceptions: Artemis's Cast and Call, Ares Blade Rifts, the return portion of the Spear Throw which counts as a back attack). You need to attack him from the flank or behind him (bounced Shields off a wall can work).

At close range, Theseus will create a big ring (showing the area of effect of his spear swing) around him, which gives you the cue to either dash away twice to get clear or dash through the swing.

At long range, Theseus will always aim, throw a spear*, then WALK AWAY FROM YOU. This is extremely easy to exploit. Just stay at range, dodge the spear, then dash toward him to get free hits, then dash away to reset. Or dodge the spear, then hit him with tons of ranged attacks while his back is toward you.

This is the entirety of his moveset, I think. The second pattern is super easy to exploit.

3rd - Kill Theseus (phase 2)

THESEUS

At half health, he will become invulnerable temporarily and summon the help of a god. Unless it's Dionysus, initially this will be a long "snake" of attacks. Just run and dash continuously until it ends, because you can always outrun it.

Now, the fight is the same, but the field will be filled with God summon attacks at regular intervals. Depending on the God, this can be easy or difficult, but there's almost always a pattern (except Dionysus, which is just a random minefield to dodge out of). Artemis, for example, will carpet the center of the arena with green line attacks in a sweep (which is easily avoided by sticking outside). Aphrodite creates a hexagonal "Flower Shape" with a safe spot in the center. Each God summon has a different, but predictable, pattern.

I'd stay away from Theseus until you get used to dodging the pattern and dodging his spear at the same time. If you feel up to it, just continue the fight as normal, but just make sure you don't "step in the rings" or dash out of the rings when you can.

It is at this point that I usually unload my Companion Summon and Greater Call, as usually you can eliminate him entirely with a Companion + Call. At this point, you likely won't have a Companion yet, but a Greater Call will take him down most of the way there.

* The Spear throwing is not only marked by a target on your body, but also has a very distinctive sound. You can usually tell when to dodge by the rising sound alone.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I decided to try to get a clear with the fourth form of the sword. It didn't go very well.

I accidentally started off with the Lucky Tooth equipped, and took it off after the first boss, not realizing that I couldn't put it back on later. I chose Middle Management as a condition, and the Medusa and Cyclopes kicked the shit out of me, taking two of my Death Defiances away, along with losing the third somewhere else. I pushed through Elysium hoping that Patroclus would show up, but he didn't. I somehow managed to push through the third boss, though I didn't expect to make it past Hades with no defiances and a set of boons that didn't feel overly powerful.
    And then he didn't fight me. Roll credits. Okay then, I guess I'll take it.

edit: And the run after that, I had a shield run where I somehow managed to end up with Cold Fusion, Stubborn Roots, Lightning Rod, and Divine Protection at the same time. And I had exactly one encounter left for Cyclops Jerky Select. Hades did like 40 damage to me, total.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Third Level Boss strategies
    1st - Kill the Minotaur.

MINOTAUR

stay on the outside edge of the arena. Keep an eye on your own character, and if there's red crosshairs on you, a Spear will be thrown at you soon,* so position yourself behind a pillar or get ready to dash to dodge it. If you continuously dash at all times, usually this won't be a problem either.

Minotaur mainly does Wide Swing, Wide Swing, Jump Swing. Stay WELL away from it during Wide Swings, then when it jumps for the overhead swing, jump TOWARD its launching/origin point. He will leap over you, and you won't get hit by anything. Dash quickly back toward the minotaur and get a couple hits in, then back off. Or stand still and hit him with ranged/casts.

Sometimes the Jump Swing is followed up by two more Jump Swings. Same pattern to dodge, really. Dash toward his launch point, then Dash again to avoid the third one, then Dash and get a couple hits in.

When he charges, Dash away and run away rapidly and dash through a pillar to ram him into it.

After playing Ring around the Rosy around the outer edge of the arena and beating the Minotaur, then you focus on Theseus.

2nd - Kill Theseus (phase 1)

THESEUS

Theseus has a shield, which blocks most attacks (notable exceptions: Artemis's Cast and Call, Ares Blade Rifts, the return portion of the Spear Throw which counts as a back attack). You need to attack him from the flank or behind him (bounced Shields off a wall can work).

At close range, Theseus will create a big ring (showing the area of effect of his spear swing) around him, which gives you the cue to either dash away twice to get clear or dash through the swing.

At long range, Theseus will always aim, throw a spear*, then WALK AWAY FROM YOU. This is extremely easy to exploit. Just stay at range, dodge the spear, then dash toward him to get free hits, then dash away to reset. Or dodge the spear, then hit him with tons of ranged attacks while his back is toward you.

This is the entirety of his moveset, I think. The second pattern is super easy to exploit.

3rd - Kill Theseus (phase 2)

THESEUS

At half health, he will become invulnerable temporarily and summon the help of a god. Unless it's Dionysus, initially this will be a long "snake" of attacks. Just run and dash continuously until it ends, because you can always outrun it.

Now, the fight is the same, but the field will be filled with God summon attacks at regular intervals. Depending on the God, this can be easy or difficult, but there's almost always a pattern (except Dionysus, which is just a random minefield to dodge out of). Artemis, for example, will carpet the center of the arena with green line attacks in a sweep (which is easily avoided by sticking outside). Aphrodite creates a hexagonal "Flower Shape" with a safe spot in the center. Each God summon has a different, but predictable, pattern.

I'd stay away from Theseus until you get used to dodging the pattern and dodging his spear at the same time. If you feel up to it, just continue the fight as normal, but just make sure you don't "step in the rings" or dash out of the rings when you can.

It is at this point that I usually unload my Companion Summon and Greater Call, as usually you can eliminate him entirely with a Companion + Call. At this point, you likely won't have a Companion yet, but a Greater Call will take him down most of the way there.

* The Spear throwing is not only marked by a target on your body, but also has a very distinctive sound. You can usually tell when to dodge by the rising sound alone.

I mean, in fairness, a large part of it is just exhaustion, more than the simple difficulty of Theseus and Asterius themselves. They come after an area full of annoying enemies that can easily have taken my Defy, and they have enough of an HP pool that you have plenty of time to make mistakes, because killing them takes a while. Plus the noise from Theseus's lance keeps messing me up - I always dodge too early.

Plus, well, half the time I don't even get there, I stupid myself into death in various silly ways, or just end up dead because trying to complete fate lists ends up with me having an eclectic collection of nonsense.

In any case, got around to unlocking and trying the gun. Not sure I'm a fan. This seems to also allow me to spend that Titan blood on my weapons? There does not seem to be a lot of it to go around (6, in fact, given it seems tied to beating a Fury on a weapon for the first time), though, and I'm not sure if any of these aspects are actually good, so spending it is hard.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Ah, there we go. I think that was like run 15?
    4h2wy83swrxe.png

Shield + the Ares/Aphrodite bonus is OP.

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    w6pf3d49dx4c.png

It is done! Such a fantastic game. Having a few of the VAs on staff instead of contracted must have helped a bunch, they have so much VA that even after 100 runs I'm still hearing new stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    My streak was broken by me trying to use the secret aspect of the spear. It's uh. Very different. The secret is probably like just jump up special damage/speed but the weapon moveset combined with the downside was rough

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    My streak was broken by me trying to use the secret aspect of the spear. It's uh. Very different. The secret is probably like just jump up special damage/speed but the weapon moveset combined with the downside was rough

the hidden aspect actually mostly centers around the spin charge attack. your hammers should both be aimed at buffing spin if possible and since the spin is considered part of the normal attack you want to pick boons with that in mind.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    hidden spear aspect seems incredible for clearing rooms but also seems like a massive struggle vs. later bosses. elysium and surface bosses move so much that they barely stand in the charged attack at all before moving out, and they also heavily punish standing still to charge an attack at all.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Torgairon wrote: »
    hidden spear aspect seems incredible for clearing rooms but also seems like a massive struggle vs. later bosses. elysium and surface bosses move so much that they barely stand in the charged attack at all before moving out, and they also heavily punish standing still to charge an attack at all.

it depends on what you get but yes, it's a struggle. I think Supergiant was very afraid of its sustain potential and erred on the side of caution.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »
    w6pf3d49dx4c.png

It is done! Such a fantastic game. Having a few of the VAs on staff instead of contracted must have helped a bunch, they have so much VA that even after 100 runs I'm still hearing new stuff.

Nice! I just finished mine off, too. Your post got me to look at mine and I was 48/49, just needed to do a run to get Thanatos's keepsake to 30%

47ygsvbjf6kc.png

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

it's two different weapons in one, and you have to make use of both (as I think you were understanding) - you will lose if all you use is the spin attack - definitely use that for room clearing and recovering chip dmg you take, but the secret to not hating your life with that weapon is realizing that the special thumps hard and you should treat it like a ranged weapon on bosses or particularly nasty mobs/rooms.

hush on
    This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I haven't cleared with the spear's hidden aspect, but the special is incredible against regular enemies AND bosses (especially once you get the 200% damage upgrade). My lack of skill just makes the low health tough to deal with.

• Options
    Just watched a video of a guy try to defeat the final boss without touching the controller. He only equipped the Revenge Boons and let them do all the work (plus a lot of help from a Dodge Boon).

Spoiler for final boss. Jump to 36:50 to see the final showdown.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    And that's all weapons down. The Sword took a lot of tries before I got a decent build. World breaker w/weak+doom and then the rest Crit buffs. I saw a few 1,000+ hit backstabs during the run. The damage was through the roof.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I got my first clear just now!
    Took 27 tries, I both feel like I unlocked a bunch, but theres just a huge amount of things left. How much left is there? I keep seeing 10 clears to get 'credits'? This challenge system seems good, but daunting. Also rennovations are far from over.

I definitely have boons I always prefer over others, and I cant seem to get through a run without a form of deflect or neutralizing for missiles. It kind of pushes me away from certain doors because I know they dont mix well with my play style, but that ends up effecting future boons and other things, so its getting weird. I also can't really get through this game with melee and seem to rely on ranged pretty exclusively. I've lost runs because I am punching something and it just shoots me in the face anyways, I probably just havent figured out how to duck and weave yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I got my first clear just now!
    Took 27 tries, I both feel like I unlocked a bunch, but theres just a huge amount of things left. How much left is there? I keep seeing 10 clears to get 'credits'? This challenge system seems good, but daunting. Also rennovations are far from over.

I definitely have boons I always prefer over others, and I cant seem to get through a run without a form of deflect or neutralizing for missiles. It kind of pushes me away from certain doors because I know they dont mix well with my play style, but that ends up effecting future boons and other things, so its getting weird. I also can't really get through this game with melee and seem to rely on ranged pretty exclusively. I've lost runs because I am punching something and it just shoots me in the face anyways, I probably just havent figured out how to duck and weave yet.
    10 clears for credits. The first one is definitely the hardest. The challenge system is a lot easier to play with than it looks at first -- you can ramp it up gently and end up getting rewarded for a runs that aren't noticeably harder than your original clear.

I have a fair # of clears now and I would guess one-in-ten I didn't have Athena's deflect-dash.