Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Oh sweet, it's a Triple Valor weekend. That will definitely help, since I've opted for the route of self-flagellation in pursuing Redrix.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I finally made it to the Dreaming City, and I did some bounties and quests and hung around at the Well a bunch last night. I've got an Ascendant Challenge which completing will get me two powerful engrams. I'm sitting at 583 LL, is that something I can solo? Or will I need to group?

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Russad wrote: »
    I finally made it to the Dreaming City, and I did some bounties and quests and hung around at the Well a bunch last night. I've got an Ascendant Challenge which completing will get me two powerful engrams. I'm sitting at 583 LL, is that something I can solo? Or will I need to group?
    t
    Dreaming City caps out at 560 I think? Either that or 540. Either way you can solo everything there at your level. Except T3/Heroic Blind Well probably.

• Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    Heroic Blind Well is 580, but that's as high as the Dreaming City gets. Everything else is 560 IIRC.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Man, I have discovered that I'm pretty terrible at the Way of the Wraith Hunter. I always forget to crouch to try and maximize impact of headshots, and I'm way too aggro with the super (sneaky ninja super obviously means just charge in headstrong like a Titan).

I'm also just generally rusty, but the Wraith smoke grenade feels less effective than the other Nightstalker versions.

It doesn't help that I'm playing Iron Banner, and I have decided that power level is dumb in PVP (me being at 640 doesn't mean you should survive a hit from my void knives).

Anyways, my point is, how does anyone not play Titan in PVP seems to be beyond me.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Power level activated iron banana is substandard compared to power level deactivated iron banana

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Hey Guardians. I'm looking for some advice.

Up to now, I've been a strictly PvE player. But now that I'm on the Powerful Gear grind, the PvP modes keep whispering to me, taunting me with more gear.

So: how do I get into the PvP modes and make the experience not immediately send me screaming away from them?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Nips wrote: »

Up to now, I've been a strictly PvE player. But now that I'm on the Powerful Gear grind, the PvP modes keep whispering to me, taunting me with more gear.

So: how do I get into the PvP modes and make the experience not immediately send me screaming away from them?

You just need to play a few crucible matches each week. Just do the quick play ones under crucible in the director and blast through them. You could also try grinding through Iron Banner this week as there's a bunch of powerful rewards from his bounties. I'd say ignore the one to make orbs.

Nosf on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Play with other PA Guardians

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Play with other PA Guardians

Especially on discord. Makes the suffering much more fun!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Man, I have discovered that I'm pretty terrible at the Way of the Wraith Hunter. I always forget to crouch to try and maximize impact of headshots, and I'm way too aggro with the super (sneaky ninja super obviously means just charge in headstrong like a Titan).

I'm also just generally rusty, but the Wraith smoke grenade feels less effective than the other Nightstalker versions.

It doesn't help that I'm playing Iron Banner, and I have decided that power level is dumb in PVP (me being at 640 doesn't mean you should survive a hit from my void knives).

Anyways, my point is, how does anyone not play Titan in PVP seems to be beyond me.

After moving back this week I don't understand how anyone plays anything other than Warlock. I'm a cripple without blink, Titans are so slow, abloo abloo.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If only Hunters could blink, what a world that would be

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

Two words: Three words: Shards of Galanor

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

I got another Tractor Cannon yesterday. Still no Shards or Vest for my hunter.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    shryke wrote: »
    awsimo wrote: »

I got another Tractor Cannon yesterday. Still no Shards or Vest for my hunter.

I only just got SoG a couple days ago. It has been messing sh*t up in Iron Banner, though. With 6v6 there are so many targets, I'm easily using my Super four or five times every match.

(Still not a single Y2 Warlock or Titan exotic, though.)

awsimo on
  • Options
    Remind me...you can't see Xur until you've finished the vanilla campaign, right?

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »

You just need to play a few crucible matches each week. Just do the quick play ones under crucible in the director and blast through them. You could also try grinding through Iron Banner this week as there's a bunch of powerful rewards from his bounties. I'd say ignore the one to make orbs.

The fastest way to suffer through PvP is rumble -- those matches are usually much shorter than QP. It also is good training for awareness and general game sense, since you have to be on edge all the time.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Rumble matches may be shorter, but the misery isn’t worth it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Shards of Galanor is literally the only armor exotic I dont have.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular

Quick play is your friend. Straightforward modes, lots of action, opportunities to contribute.
    However, Quick Play doesn't have any form of skill-based matchmaking, so you may sometimes have horrible blow-out games as you learn.

Iron banner is a bit of a trap, since it'll be painful if you aren't high power level, and it's more sweaty than other modes.

Also hit up any PA clanmates to help show the ropes.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Xur is selling a special ammo finder Orpheus rig today

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Man, Izanagi's Burden is the worst of the "Kill 500 enemies with X weapon in Y forge" Triumphs. Snipers just aren't meant for killing a large number of enemies quickly. And it means you will be completely ignoring it's special perk the entire time you're going for it.

"Be a huge Burden on your team for like 10-15 whole Forge Ignitions" is how it should be described. Maybe that's why the sniper has that name...

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Man, Izanagi's Burden is the worst of the "Kill 500 enemies with X weapon in Y forge" Triumphs. Snipers just aren't meant for killing a large number of enemies quickly. And it means you will be completely ignoring it's special perk the entire time you're going for it.

"Be a huge Burden on your team for like 10-15 whole Forge Ignitions" is how it should be described. Maybe that's why the sniper has that name...

Saw a Suggestion (I think on /DTG?) to get a group together who all want to get these kill counts done. You just run wave one of that forge killing blues but not tossing in the batteries. So you get the weaker wave one enemies and keep your timer up from blue kills while farming your kills for the weapon instead of trying to be silly and rush kills during a normal ignition. Also, bring special ammo finder.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Gambit's not a bad way to dip your toe into the PvP-pool. For the most part it's PvE but you're given the option occasionally to run into the opponent's field for 20 seconds to slow their progress down if you'd like. Likewise they can do the same to you, meaning you have to keep an eye out for a red figure running around trying to hunt your teammates down (likely with a sniper rifle or bow). This tension ramps up during the boss phase when these invasions mean that your deaths give the boss back some health, undoing your team's work quick if you're not careful.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Just remember you're getting rewarded for being there. So take your losses with a sense of zen. I also like playing some music or a podcast and reading a book or something during the loads in between matches. Also, consider a good PvP loadout. Choose a weapon and armor exotic that will have a good PvP effect. I like pulse/shotgun/machine gun as weapons.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It can help to find a time to kill spreadsheet and make sure you're not picking the archetype with the longest time to kill.

• Options
    Well, so I did a Gambit match. It did not go well and my team got stomped, but I got a numbers++ armor that's ugly as sin for the daily, and 18% on the Ace of Spades quest.

That last bit might be why the first bit came out like it did, but *shrug*.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Anyone gonna be around tomorrow PS4 side to run a couple of nightfalls?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    That box breathing no feelings is a fun little gun. Get you a map with good lanes, Midtown for instance, and you can do some real work. I like that the big shot is the first one, I got a few crispy kills where people peeked hurt and got caught by it.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I fired this up again today after not playing for ages and launched right into the Warmind campaign! It's fun! The game still plays as smooth as ever so it's just raw enjoyment to play.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the changes and new stuff though. I was in the SE clan but I think it's pretty dead so I might see about getting into the Pax Arcadia one?

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular

Titan, one eyed mask, profit.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I fired this up again today after not playing for ages and launched right into the Warmind campaign! It's fun! The game still plays as smooth as ever so it's just raw enjoyment to play.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the changes and new stuff though. I was in the SE clan but I think it's pretty dead so I might see about getting into the Pax Arcadia one?

Welcome! Which platform are you on?

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »

Welcome! Which platform are you on?

I'm on PC! Shryke hooked me up with an invite to the PC clan already!

• Options
    PVP update: I ran one match of the free-for-all mode of Crucible.

1. I am bad. Playing with a controller on PC probably isn't helping, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm a filthy casual.
    2. I got another numbers++ chest armor that was one point better than the one I got from Crucible last night, so thanks game.
    3. I did not realize that the Team and Free-For-All Crucible modes shared the daily. Sooo....guess I wait for the next daily to pop to try Team mode.

Fun.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

1. I am bad. Playing with a controller on PC probably isn't helping, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm a filthy casual.
    2. I got another numbers++ chest armor that was one point better than the one I got from Crucible last night, so thanks game.
    3. I did not realize that the Team and Free-For-All Crucible modes shared the daily. Sooo....guess I wait for the next daily to pop to try Team mode.

Fun.

Rumble (the free-for-all mode) is a toxic pit of scum and villainy.
    Admittedly I'm also a filthy casual for the most part and not a big PvP fan but Quickplay is much better.
    Though I think this week is also Iron Babar, which will be a bad time for you given you're below max PL, so watch out for that.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    You can always wait for Mayhem, too. Mayhem is the best PvP mode in the game.

It won't make you a better PvP'er at all, but it's fun.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options

Fun.

Playing with a controller doesn't completely eliminate you from competing, as the guns all handle like their console counterparts when you're playing with a controller. That means really sticky aim and generous bullet magnetism. Some people prefer it for that reason. Some people are absolutely disgusting with a controller.

KBAM is still superior but you're not going to get blown out like other games.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Fun.

If you play 4 more matches before Tuesday, you will get another upgrade. So maybe do 3 more and then wait for the other daily.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Haven't played for a while, but the news that they managed to escape Activisions clutches made me grab Forsaken and start playing again. Finishing up the Red War storyline so I can dive into the expansions.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Haven't played for a while, but the news that they managed to escape Activisions clutches made me grab Forsaken and start playing again. Finishing up the Red War storyline so I can dive into the expansions.

If you're on PC, feel free to hit us up on the discord if you need help with anything. Not sure if there's room in the clan (assuming you're not already in there) but there's also a good deal inactive at the moment.