As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    They've really been upping their visual effects game, that memory effect where the map slowly disappears looks great

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    4z3fniumawp2.jpg

That sound you heard was the price of shit unique rings hitting 10c each.

100% Cold and 100% Lightning damage on a scepter is not exactly game breaking these days

At 85%+ levels that'll be a real good item. But it's a lot harder to achieve now

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    They've really been upping their visual effects game, that memory effect where the map slowly disappears looks great

One problem I could see is that most or even all of the new enemies are firing blue effects at you. That together with all the blue walls is going to make seeing what is going on unnecessarily hard.

• Options
    Absalon wrote: »

One problem I could see is that most or even all of the new enemies are firing blue effects at you. That together with all the blue walls is going to make seeing what is going on unnecessarily hard.

Working as intended!

*sobs in Betrayal league*

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So are delve and temple and beasts still gonna be in? That seems like too many side things

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Divine Ire looks like the dopest shit ever

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So are delve and temple and beasts still gonna be in? That seems like too many side things

yup, all 3.5 mechanics are in, and jun is added as a random master

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Unless you're looking to grind out several hundred hours, you're probably better focusing on things at a time.

Like, Temple for a needed double corrupt, then focus on other things like a Beast you need, etc.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Divine Ire looks like the dopest shit ever

That's the one I'm looking at myself.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    How long do I have to wait for hot takes on 3.6 league starting builds and people wailing over patch notes?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Honestly I'm glad they seemed to focus more on propping up build variety than a super-crazy league mechanic.

There's more than enough content here that a reshuffle and rebalance would almost be enough.

• Options
    If they want to boost self-cast, support gems that add defenses when you stand still and cast a supported skill yourself is arguably going to help more than a damage buff.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Yeah my problem with casters is always defenses, even on characters with MoM and two defensive curses I'd still get deleted frequently enough for me to want to stop playing.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    How long do I have to wait for hot takes on 3.6 league starting builds and people wailing over patch notes?

Patch notes are usually out 2-3 days before the league starts. Sometimes they give us the tree (if it changes) a bit earlier than that.

Skill gem details they like to dole out in teasers between announcement and launch usually, but with all the spells being reworked maybe they'll modify that strategy a bit.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »

march 4-7 for league patch notes

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I love self-cast builds, so this is great news for me. Self casters are generally the only builds I play. I was playing Arc back when it super sucked.

I wonder if it's still fun to cover the screen in Magma Orbs....hmmmm

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Whoops, wrong thread

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Either the dev team is both extremely fast and responsive or I am a prophet to be worshiped. In any case I'm out at least 60 bucks.

themightypuck is a twitter troll. RTs and follows are definitely not endorsements. Mutes and blocks are not censure.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    If they want to boost self-cast, support gems that add defenses when you stand still and cast a supported skill yourself is arguably going to help more than a damage buff.

Well they are reworking Storm Barrier, hopefully it will help with defenses for a Divine Ire build. That's the direction I'm leaning toward right now for the new League.

More options than Storm Barrier would be nice though. Something for single cast spells that gives defense bonuses after casting while standing still and for x seconds after moving.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    Yeah my problem with casters is always defenses, even on characters with MoM and two defensive curses I'd still get deleted frequently enough for me to want to stop playing.

Easy to die in HC on any build. On poeninja there are 29 level 100 SSFHC builds and they are all casters.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    if divine ire is 50% conversion to lightning imma do some bad stuff

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    if divine ire is 50% conversion to lightning imma do some bad stuff

I'm hoping it follows Scourge Arrow and does a flat 60.

• Options
    If Storm Brand gets nerfed I might try Occultist HoA with Rain of Arrows to apply poison. Kind of irritated by the fact that you don't get the gems you need as a witch though (why is that even a thing?) - I want to go fast and far early on in a league.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Ill say one thing. They continue to up their production game. Looks more fun than Betrayal. This leagues fun was bolstered by the inclusion of incursion and delve into vanilla.

• Options
    div card reworked!

hopefully GGG likes the idea

662xf6uya7ja.jpg

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Aegis wrote: »
    4z3fniumawp2.jpg

That sound you heard was the price of shit unique rings hitting 10c each.

100% Cold and 100% Lightning damage on a scepter is not exactly game breaking these days

At 85%+ levels that'll be a real good item. But it's a lot harder to achieve now

this allows for double/triple/quadruple dipping with cold to fire/frostferno + CoTB, and AoF

idunno how well it will actually work do to terrible attack speed on wep, and dmg is the least of a builds worry these days

still pretty cool

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    jopipys6jsh21.jpg
    fuck?
    fuck?

• Options
    jopipys6jsh21.jpg
    fuck?
    fuck?

FUCK!

• Options
    They really want people to focus on Synthesis recipes.

• Options
    CI build confirmed on that one.

That's pretty huge.

• Options
    CI build confirmed on that one.

That's pretty huge.

Also a massive massive incentive to go handcasting.

• Options
    Remember when someone pulled 3 mirrors out of betrayal

GGG knows we like crazy stupid

so GGG does crazy stupid

another crafting league boys (delve fossils blocking got insane)

say hello to cheap 1.5m shaper dps gear

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Spell leech is currently a joke so that jewel is a nice example of them adding much needed mod diversity on items

There's gonna be some crazy items. I feel like farming up and selling bases will be profitable

Also chaos orbs may not be dirt cheap this league. Chaos spamming for 3 good affixes instead of 5 is a lot more feasible.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    b-b-b-but pOwErCrEeEp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the entire point of ARPGs is to get dumb overpowered, this is great

• Options
    edited February 2019
    For all we know they could nerf Cold DoT, Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Arc and a lot of popular spells as well as currently popular ascendancies to compensate for the handcasting buffs/supports and to aim people towards the reworked spells. I suspect the patch notes are going to make a major impact this time around.

Since this seems more of a speed-clear+decent defenses rather than a defense-focused "big encounters" type of league, there's going to be lots of gravitation towards minions, brands, mirage archer, winter orb, righteous fire, Blade Vortex+herald splosions, profane bloom and other stuff that lets you wipe more enemies without having to stay still for very long. I think one of the most difficult things to balance for GGG is the fact that enough damage kills most things so quickly that you don't have to worry about defending yourself against the "damage peaks", which is why they have the explode-on-death Wetas in Delve and all the AoE bullshit many endgame bosses throw at you.

Absalon on
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    For all we know they could nerf Cold DoT, Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Arc and a lot of popular spells as well as currently popular ascendancies to compensate for the handcasting buffs/supports and to aim people towards the reworked spells. I suspect the patch notes are going to make a major impact this time around.

Yeah I'm curious about that too. The last patch had several self cast builds that were already awesome -- I feel like they can't just straight buff the better stuff like Winter Orb indirectly, though I would allow it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    b-b-b-but pOwErCrEeEp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the entire point of ARPGs is to get dumb overpowered, this is great

People bitch about the game being "steamroll everything, suddenly get one shot" and honestly that's exactly why power creep is ok. If you already have millions of DPS, you don't really benefit from more

What it does do is increase the number of ways to play the game, and make attaining a playable level of damage more scribble so you can do weird shit

It keeps HC fresh, for one. Scary new things + fun new ways to play + forced rerolls? Yeah there's a reason I still haven't quite burned out on Betrayal

Although I've gone full endgame challenge mode. Vendored my quality gem tabs for GCPs, uniques for alchs, and I'm blitzing through red maps. I might kill Shaper in HC. That'd be cool.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    "Power creep" is felt or experienced by 15-20% of players.

• Options
    "Power creep" is felt or experienced by 15-20% of players.

That might be a huge overexaggeration.

I think something like 1% of the playerbase even fights the Shaper still.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    1.5% of players on steam have killed shaper

1.05% of players on xbox have killed shaper

not sure if we have GGG client stats

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png