As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    FWIW, this is what I stumbled to blindly based on other Oro Flicker builds before I realized I had no clue what I was doing

https://pastebin.com/Y67bGpDJ

Does negative net health mean losing health idle, or just 'you have a long way to positive regen'?

you are losing health while idle due to blood rage, which degens 4% of max life per second

the degen is -65 per second, entirely unnoticeable since you have 6300 hp

plus you have 1200 life leech per second, so in fights youll be fine

you may want to grab Vaal Pact as well, either thru focus or thru the node itself. you can grab it for about 4 points

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    that shield is op because double 88 rolls = chinese players pay 6000x more

thats science

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yo, you see this juicy RF (or just jugg) belt?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Das a nice belt.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Always

Be

Witch

2 handed sword witch is the best

Does she twirl with 2h sword leap slam?

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Always

Be

Witch

2 handed sword witch is the best

Does she twirl with 2h sword leap slam?

She drags it behind her like an anime

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    We need an animation change to at least one class so they carry around 2H weapons resting on their shoulder like a gallóglaigh.

• Options
    4.0 in dec 2020 will have rerigged character models, potentially opening up for female maurders, male scions, female templars etc

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    4.0 in dec 2020 will have rerigged character models, potentially opening up for female maurders, male scions, female templars etc

why is it not then now yet argh

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

why is it not then now yet argh

The 4.0 mega expansion will be playable at exilecon this year!!!!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    g8s8i4bkdli21.jpg
    Well this is an odd little number - the marble bust on the ring is identical to the aura bot helmet they recently unveiled.
    Also seems almost certain that there will be five corresponding varieties of this ring for each Herald now that there is one Herald skill of the three elements, and one for Chaos and Physical damage.

Absalon on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Absalon wrote: »
    g8s8i4bkdli21.jpg
    Well this is an odd little number - the marble bust on the ring is identical to the aura bot helmet they recently unveiled.
    Also seems almost certain that there will be five corresponding varieties of this ring for each Herald now that there is one Herald skill of the three elements, and one for Chaos and Physical damage.

Did...did they just buff my Herald of Agony Max Block Gladiator? O_O

Edit: I wonder, does "increased buff effect" mean what you receive or what the Agony Crawler receives? Does it also apply to the listed poison chance % on the buff, those removing the need for certain supports to hit 100% poison?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Look at that implicit - Amethyst rings normally have chaos resistance. I think you have to synthesize these rings using some recipe.

Also it only increases the buff on you and does nothing for the Crawler. Still, more stacks and that reduced reservation is going to be plenty useful. This with the lab enchant that reduces HoAg reservation could free up enough mana for an extra Arctic Armour or something maybe.

Absalon on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The wording is not "increased buff effect on you" like Ichimonji, but just "increased buff effect", hence why I'm wondering why it wouldn't affect the Herald minion.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    The Crawler only cares about Virulence stacks, and Herald skills only buff your hits, no?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Yo, you see this juicy RF (or just jugg) belt?

If this and the ‘gain endurance charge every second when hit recently’ actually make it to live, my rt MS chieftain is gonna be so buff

Everyone always thinks jugg is the regen ascend but chieftain gets free 2.5% per sec plus additional per end charge

Im trying it out on ssf atm to prep for 3.6 and between conc path, ms, and heralds im cruising thru with the whetstone recipe blues

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I don't have office hours most weeks and I'm trying to clear out work ahead of time so I can binge this league from the get. Then I have to change my sleep cycle to wake up a few hours before launch since it's in the evening here in Europe, and stock up on decently health snacks and drink. I'm just certain my usually reliable ISP is going to have some cock-up.

• Options
    @rius and i league started for betrayal and it was by far the best league start ive had. We made something like 17ex between the two of us week 1

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    @rius and i league started for betrayal and it was by far the best league start ive had. We made something like 17ex between the two of us week 1

That's insane.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2331235

Detailed info for Bane (higher DoT and duration of it for each curse applied with it) and Soulrend (Soulrend gives you ES as it damages enemies!), changes to Essence Drain (now applies to everything in a small area on impact) and Blight (which now adds Wither if you have Spreading Rot's threshold).

Absalon on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    CI occultist is looking very very tempting...

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

They're also buffing chaos damage spells now that they've removed the Spreading Rot damage buff, and no longer need to balance around that.

I'm also compelled to go chaos, buuut I think the chance of the Occultist getting slightly nerfed is now definitely above 50%.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    pvje3e79wdg3.png

busted

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

They're also buffing chaos damage spells now that they've removed the Spreading Rot damage buff, and no longer need to balance around that.

I'm also compelled to go chaos, buuut I think the chance of the Occultist getting slightly nerfed is now definitely above 50%.

Also this shit is awesome:

To further our effort to improve Chaos Skills, we've also changed the Blight threshold jewel. Previously, the Spreading Rot jewel caused enemies affected by Blight's Hinder to take 50% increased Chaos Damage. This damage bonus was significant enough that we had to balance chaos skills around using Blight and Spreading Rot. We've changed this threshold jewel to instead cause each pulse of Blight to also apply Wither for 2 seconds per jewel. This lets Blight easily apply a damage bonus that can be accessed by chaos characters via other sources if they don't happen to want to use Blight. As a result, we've been able to push the damage of chaos skills higher than before.

• Options
    Bane is designated as a Curse gem.

Can Bane then be spread with Asphyxia's Wrath is what I want to know...

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm having such a hard time taking a break until 3.6 drops, I don't know if I can keep it up. I'm super excited to try Armageddon Brand, and maybe try the Profane Bloom build in this new chaos world.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    aqai60b8dmi21.jpg
    Fun fun fun.

Of course, Flicker Strike simply can't consume these last two but such a build will have a higher maximum anyway.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    No force on earth is gonna stop me from playing occultist chaos DoT as my starter, I don't care how much they nerf it

It's my favorite build and re-trying it last league made me very sad; I hope they nail the improvements. It has a long long way to go to be anywhere near as good as what Cold Snap/Vortex got over the last couple patches.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I was trying a blade vortex decay with profane bloom for the right click and then just run through everything, but it was super fragile. Is there another way to do a similar set and forget damage skill that I just run around and things die?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    LL RF is a real thing, works with guradian and occultist

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Are there any linear or conal abilities that are competitive? Lancing Steel looks promising, but I read it's kinda underwhelming.

I'm not a fan of 360 degree AoE aesthetically or gameplay-wise, even though I know it's usually going to be superior.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Spectral Throw with projectiles is a cone.

Reave was a great cone.

Wild Strike kind of is a cone if you attack fast enough.

Incinerate is either a line or a cone, though Rius would have to tell you how good the rework is. Scorching Ray is another line and competitive.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Both my builds this season were dual wielders and I found myself in jealous of my wife’s multiple six-link skills. Are staves (staffs?) just not viable for casters or something?

• Options
    Both my builds this season were dual wielders and I found myself in jealous of my wife’s multiple six-link skills. Are staves (staffs?) just not viable for casters or something?

I think they're a lot more valuable for Templars but I'm not too familiar with staff casters. I figured the nerfing of stat sticks would've brought them more into favor but I don't think they're very widespread.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to play some sort of self cast build. Maybe I'll do a freezing pulse crit build, shattering fools all over.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Staff casters are viable, Mathil did a frozen orb/frostbolt build with a staff that looked fun and very powerful.

A staff might be a good setup for the new chaos skills too, since you may want two abilities with many links.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Staves are extremely viable for casters because there are some super yummy Shaped mods on staves

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    Staff casters are viable, Mathil did a frozen orb/frostbolt build with a staff that looked fun and very powerful.

A staff might be a good setup for the new chaos skills too, since you may want two abilities with many links.

I don't think there's a lot of good unique staffs atm, but a good rare staff would do well now methinks.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or does Synthesis just feel like Delve 2.0?

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I'm kind of okay with Delve 2.0. Delve was a lot of people's favorite league that ended up being a little flawed in the implementation. Being unable to find the bosses without getting lucky felt kinda crap. Hopefully synthesis gives us a more directed experience and lets us work our way towards the boss without having to get super lucky.

Steam: Spawnbroker