Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 5E IC thread - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

123578

Posts

  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    History check
    Roll 16 + 1= 17

    ranmasolo
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj seems to shake off some sort of stupor as if he'd been resting for WEEKS.... like some odd hibernation, but he dismisses the feeling because that is just silly.

    "I think that Rawk and I should check out this cult of Radkos bar tonight. Might be a rough crowd and I think as agents of Gruul we will blend in much better."

    Vaamuj pulls a small journal out of the folds of his robe. Flipping through the pages, looking to make heads or tails of the mention of these named staffs.

    History roll 13 + 5 = 18

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to put away his tea set, raise his flask and stand up]
    Rawk: Yes! I agree with Vaamuj!! Us Gruul must stick together and are clearly the most qualified to negotiate, have discussions, and investigate such cults!!

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Vaamuj suddenly becomes aware of a number of minute changes that have occurred in Ravnica. In an instant, he appears to have lived at least 10 days. He alone is aware of this sudden shift in time. Snapping himself out of this daze, he thinks on the names of the staves given to the group by the crowd. He remembers hearing something about the Glorific Staff, something that was cherished long ago by his people. Wasn't it said that this staff could provide light and safety in dark places? Didn't the elders say that this staff was a way for the tribe to hold onto a piece of freedom? Whatever happened to it?

    Uldin, fighting off despair that his Gruul comrades would volunteer to go towards the option least likely to lead to anything valuable and most likely to cause them trouble immediately. Uldin would know that the Combine would have a sort of most wanted list of magic items/people in the world that they would want to get their hands on, and this is one of them. He knows that the staff was created in part by the Simic - they are one of the three - and that it was meant to represent a sort of union between the Combine and two of the other guilds, but as it goes in Ravnica, things quickly fell apart and the staff was lost. He would know it isn't the staff Jace mentioned in the message.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj, finding a long scribbled note in his journal remembers. The Glorific Staff. Yes. He turns and searches for the person who had the information on that staff. Hoping to question them more.

    Perception 19 + 4 = 23

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Vaamuj searches through the crowd following him back to the HQ and is able to single out the elf who mentioned something about the Glorific Staff. He seems surprised and grateful to have gotten Vaamuj's attention.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin reaches into cloak and pulls out the orb. He looks around, grabs his researchers notes and places them before the orb. Uldin points to it and then back to the papers and then back to the orb. He nods and then quietly places the papers away and the orb as well.]

    Uldin: The Staff of the Three is something that will be of great interest to Jace. Who has information on this??

    *rolled a deception check just in case anyone questions me* lol

  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj takes the elf by the shoulder with his trunk and begins to lead him to the nearest table and or chairs.

    As they walk the massive Loxodon chats, "My elven friend, thank you for coming forward. You do us and your community a great service. Jace the Living Guild Pact, whom we report directly to, has given quite a task to us and we will need you and others just like you to meet that task. We must all work together. Share information. Watch one another's back. Report fellow community members that kick dogs or kill rats..."

    The elf suddenly gets a look of confusion on his face as Vaamuj ushers him into a seat. Moving on without noticing Vaamuj takes a seat... then stands as the chair definitely doesn't encompass his massive figure. The chair, stuck for a moment, clatters to the floor as Vaamuj pushes it off of himself.

    Standing over the elf, Vaamuj leans forward on the table, "I believe that you have very useful information to me- us. Tell me everything you know about this staff. Where is it? Who has it? Do they abuse animals?"

    Persuasion roll 9 + 2 = 11

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to walk over to Delveed]
    Rawk: I believe this is what we in the Gruul call proper communication right? [Let's out a chuckle]
    [Rawk is going to notice Uldin taking out his orb and putting it back in and walk over to Uldin]
    Rawk: You know fish-[Rawk is going to pause and take a breath, as if to state he is becoming more serious] I mean Uldin, if you need someone to talk with you need not talk to the orb only. I may seem like I'm not all there, but believe me my ears hear a lot. [Pats Uldin on the back] [Rawk stands up and looks around] Now, what say you about all this friend Jorah?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah, having watched all of this from off to the side, thinks about it before shrugging a bit.]

    JN: ...uh, my position on the matter is that I don't have an official position on the matter. Not yet.

    [He shrugs again.]

    JN: I'm serious. I have job rules to follow.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [OK so we have two votes for the bar (which I love because it was the one option that wasn't that promising, so of course that's where they go) and we have other information. Where do you all want to go?]

    The elf tells Vaamuj that he heard that the staff was somewhere in the undercity, that someone in the Golgari Swarm had found it but it wasn't working out the way they had hoped it would? He thinks it's causing trouble for them, or that maybe they don't know what it is. He's not even sure that it's the Glorific Staff, but he heard some workers talking about it when they were making food deliveries.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Didn’t Uldin find out if anyone had info on the other staff?

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [I wasn't sure what you were trying to do with your post and you didn't post what your roll was so I couldn't address it when I updated earlier. Sorry. Need more info.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    Yea I can see that now that the second part didn't post. Oops *ahem*

    Deception roll was 19 + 0

    [Uldin raises his voice to try and get everyone's attention.]

    Uldin: Jace has requested that we acquire all information and the Staff of the Three itself. It may be wise to see if anyone knows of its whereabouts as most certainly... this has to do with what we have been tasked with.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The human woman who mentioned the staff of the three looks at Uldin cautiously and asks what kind of reward she is going to get from Jace for this information.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin looks at the young woman and nods. He walks over to her and places his hand on her shoulder]

    Uldin: Ask now what the Cooperative can do for you young lady. [smiling] Ask what you can do for the Cooperative.

    *Persuasion!

    Roll....... ..... 1 + 0 =bombed lol

    ranmasolo
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    She dips her shoulder down and takes a half-step away from Uldin, folding her arms across her chest and then taking a step back. "Um," she says, "I think I need to go. Yeah. I think I'm gonna go. Good luck with your whole... whatever this is." Before anyone can interject, she exits the HQ. The elf who had been talking to Vaamuj about the Glorific Staff watches her leave, gives Uldin a weird look as if to say 'what's his problem', and then says out loud, "Well, more reward for me, I guess. What kind of payment do you have for me? Those creeps down there are gonna do some real damage to someone with that thing and you guys don't want to be caught flat footed when you could have done something to help, right? I can take you right down to them. I bet it'll be better for your boss than whatever these people are telling you about!" Hearing this, the other citizens who had followed Vaamuj back to the HQ all object and start demanding payment for their information as well, coupled with offers to take the party directly to their problem immediately.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    ranmasolo
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj is going to make a big trumpet blast noise with his trunk in hopes of calming everyone down.

    Intimidation? 15 + 2 = 17

    (If it works and he gets their attention)

    "Anyone who would like to question payment on information that has yet to produce results... which was the OFFER we made... can sit down to 'tea' with our Diplomancer Rawk and the lovely Daisy."

    (Can I get an intimidation assist @MamaWolf ?)

  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [As Vaamuj mentions "tea" and Daisy Rawk is going to give an inviting (which looks more intimidating) smile and holds up his tea pot in one hand and Daisy in his other]
    Rawk: Daisy and I just love to talk especially over tea. Don't we Daisy?

    *Intimidation 17 + 2= 19*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    ranmasolo
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    A tea party has broken out in the HQ as the remaining citizens reluctantly sit down with Vaamuj and Rawk to discuss the information they have for the cooperative. They are not happy, but they also saw the party kill one of the muggers only minutes ago, so they're too scared to leave now.

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk starts to give people bowls looks over at Delveed]
    Rawk: Delveed my friend! Come help make this tea for our companions!! In the meantime, I have some "Gruul Tea" [opens his flask and starts to pour a little in each bowl] So, my fellow Gruul pal has some questions. Let us have discussion, drink, and be merry![raises his bowl and drinks]

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj raises his bowl...

    "In my clan it is customary to drink before talk of money! To wealth for us all!"

    He drains his bowl... and motions for everyone to do the same as Rawk refills his drink.

    "In my clan it is customary to drink when sitting with new friends! To long and lasting bonds of friendship!"

    Vaamuj intends to continue this until everyone is too drunk to care or worry about payment, veiled threats of bodily injury, etc

    Performance? Roll 14 + 2 = 16

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    They are afraid of offending either of the Gruul now, so they drink.

    [Remember - this gives them disadvantage and Rawk (only Rawk) advantage. I think it should probably give Vaamuj disadvantage on all relevant checks for the duration too. Have fun!]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to turn to Vaamuj and put an arm around him]

    Rawk: [Whispers *stealth roll 9+2=11*] Want me to take the lead in talking? Considering Jace did give this set to me to help with "discussions".

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Once they start drinking, Vaamuj will gladly step aside and let Rawk diplomomance the hell out of this!

    (Also, totally willing to take the disadvantage!)

  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Delveed looks on incredulously as this fever dream of a scenario unfolds before him. He can't even begin to fathom how many affidavits and reports he'll have to write and file--in triplicate--for what amounts to holding an entire crowd hostage.

    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
    ranmasolo
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk raises his bowl]
    Rawk: Who has some real information for us, the ones hired by Jace the Guildpact, to go on? *persuasion or intimidation?*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [Whichever you want, it's up to you how you want to try to convince them.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to smile as he continues to ask for information]
    Rawk: We are friends are we not? This means we share information with one another right? We drink together, we talk, and then we drink again!! *Persuasion roll 13 + 0=13*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    [You get advantage on this roll, so roll again and use the higher of the two rolls.]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    *I Rolled again and got a natural 20*

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    ranmasolo
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    Everyone drinks and everyone is more than willing to give up the information they know if it pleases the cooperative. Rather than any monetary reward, they've learned today that friendship is the real treasure.

    The Staff of the Three was rumored to have been acquired by a rogue member of the Izzet, an especially brilliant Ogre named with the unusual name Thunx Thinkzzit. Uldin would know that the Izzet had a hand in the creation of the staff and it, so that a rogue member of their guild has the staff is a bad sign. He last worked in the metallurgy laboratory in the 10th district but, being a rogue scientist and all, hasn't been around for awhile. The staff is quite large - 6' in length with a sort of trident shape at the top, each end shaped like a sort of gnarled hand grasping something from each of the guilds that contributed to its creation.

    The Glorific Staff is somewhere in the Golgari Swarm. The staff is capable of emitting a blinding light, and whoever has it has been pretty disruptive with it - the Swarm spending a lot of their time in the dark, you see. Vaamuj would know the staff is capable of much more than that, and if this Golgari keeps flashing it around, they're likely to draw a lot of unwanted attention to themselves down there. They don't know who has it, just that someone in the swarm has this staff that throws off an *awful* lot of light in the darkness. There's a lot of nastiness lurking down underneath the city who might not appreciate this...

    There is a bar nearby that is kind of undesirable, but the Cult of Radkos is involved? I mean, probably not? It's just a tough place. They might know something about those mugger guys who attacked that girl.

    There's also an old man who lives in part of the district that has fallen to disrepair that some of the kids do call Uncle Nasty because he never leaves his home and he looks sickly. Some of them think it's just kids being mean to an old man, others - especially the woman who pointed him out to you - think he's a real menace and the cooperative should make him move, or act nicer to the kids, especially her precious angels.



    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    When it's all over, Rawk's flask is empty. The tea set itself didn't come with anything to brew. There is Jorah's self-filling potion vial [I'm just saying...].

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
    Green
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to look at his empty flask and turn it upside down. After nothing comes out, he is going to lst out a heavy sigh]
    Rawk: Why is the mead always gone? [Rawk is going to put away his tea set and pull Daisy out softly speak] Now how are we suppose to keep those nasty memories away huh? [Rawk gives a soft chuckle as he looks at his flask again] You're rightbas always Daisy, Perhaps I should have brought a back up. [Places Daisy back in her hilt, and looks over at Jorah] Friend Jorah, can you fill my flask with that potion bottle of yours? Perhaps you can make some mead with it?

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    edited January 8
    [Uldin makes his way over to a quiet corner, tending to his wound and also paying attention to everything that he can hear. As he writes down the information given to them in his research notes, he stops every few seconds.. shakes his head and continues to write.]

    Uldin: (under his breath) I thought I was very convincing to the young lady. Must work on that. But we did manage to get information on the Staff of The Three. (writing in his notes now) "These Gruul may be the death of me... but I must admit, it was a bit exhilarating."

    [Uldin pauses to grab the orb and places it on the table.]

    Uldin: (talking to the orb) *ahem* We've got info on the Staff of the Three but this Glorific Staff is intriguing. We... well I use the term we loosely, killed... well, I certainly didnt kill anyone myself... but yes, the Cooperative may have had a hand in disposing of a mugger. The victims name is Cassandra and she should be fine. And uhm, something about some old man named Uncle Nasty. Just keeping you updated big guy. Let me know if you need anything.

    [Uldin salutes the orb.]

    DaEvlOne on
  • GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah looks at his vial for a moment, looks at the tea set... and then slowly puts the vial away.]

    Green
  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    There is no reaction from the orb in Uldin's hands. There is now a group of slightly buzzed to very drunk people in the HQ. How do you want to proceed?

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    [Rawk is going to open the doors to HQ and start pushing people out the door]
    Rawk: Alright people time to get out, no more mead. You all drink the rest of my mead. So, time to leave and go back to your homes.

    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin again clearly frustrated by the lack of anything from the orb... puts it away, stands up and helps to usher out the drunkards.]

    Uldin: Please, you dont have to go home but.. you must leave us to our devices. We've got decisions to make and lives to enhance! Chop, chop.

  • DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    The crowd grumbles and, with some effort, get to their feet to stumble out of the HQ, promising each other to stay in touch, leaning on each other for support - Rawk's mead being something like 2000% alcohol.

    [Make perception or investigation checks everyone]

    twitch.tv/draconiclast
Sign In or Register to comment.