Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Snowballs

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Snowballs

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on
Andy JoeFiendishrabbitKoopahTroopahTofystedethswaylowRiusZilla360AldofightinfilipinojoshofalltradesVerminionNightslyrLeon2309SorceH3KnucklesPLA

Posts

  • JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    I got a strong laugh from the final panel.

    NightslyrLeon2309H3Knuckles
  • sawellssawells Registered User regular
    Why is the snowman so happy...?

    (scrolls down)

    Oh.

    Twitter: @EssayWells
    H3Knuckles
  • goehlegoehle Registered User regular
    The last panel is just magic. Even the top to bottom layout helps sell the joke.

    RiusNightslyrRhesus PositiveH3Knuckles
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Oh man. That last panel totally caught me off guard. Glorious.

  • PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm with the other commenters: Last panel is brilliant. Internal laugh, chuckle, *loud* laugh.

  • MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Crimson Gourd was my experimental jazz-grunge band in the 90s.


    AldoNightslyrH3Knuckles
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    Masterful

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    That's a disturbingly well crafted dick on that snowman.

  • JackJack Registered User regular
    I hadn't heard of this game so I looked it up on Wikipedia and was deeply upset when it contained the line:

    "The game has been described as containing gameplay elements of classic role-playing games such as King's Quest."

  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    That's a disturbingly well crafted dick on that snowman.

    You might say it's nuts how well crafted it is.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    H3Knuckles
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Guys I’m at a crossroads in life. I’ve always been good at being a silent but pleasant type of customer service person, a problem solver who is ready to defer to someone else’s idea unless it’s obviously flawed but also ready to toss a joke or two back if I know it’s expected. A real ‘I vibe off of your vibe’ type. What I’m trying to say is as I’m half a year from 39 years old...should I become a golf caddie? I hear the tips are great if you are good and Las Vegas is a destination for a lot of rich people with a golf hobby.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Jack wrote: »
    I hadn't heard of this game so I looked it up on Wikipedia and was deeply upset when it contained the line:

    "The game has been described as containing gameplay elements of classic role-playing games such as King's Quest."

    Australian Game Awards crowned Detroid: Become Human RPG of the Year

  • ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    Jack wrote: »
    I hadn't heard of this game so I looked it up on Wikipedia and was deeply upset when it contained the line:

    "The game has been described as containing gameplay elements of classic role-playing games such as King's Quest."

    Maybe they got it confused with Quest for Glory?

  • PohtHehdPohtHehd Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Guys I’m at a crossroads in life. I’ve always been good at being a silent but pleasant type of customer service person, a problem solver who is ready to defer to someone else’s idea unless it’s obviously flawed but also ready to toss a joke or two back if I know it’s expected. A real ‘I vibe off of your vibe’ type. What I’m trying to say is as I’m half a year from 39 years old...should I become a golf caddie? I hear the tips are great if you are good and Las Vegas is a destination for a lot of rich people with a golf hobby.

    The thing is that you have to know a lot about golf to caddy for people, especially if you want to do it for the rich people. They will expect it and your tips will be largely based off how well THEY do in their game. So, even if you're giving great advice to someone they might still suck and so you will not make so much with them. Being a caddy for an upscale establishment is probably not something you can just walk right into. But the few times you get with a group that is out for fun you will probably find yourself well endowed with extra money.

    That being said, I wouldn't do it. Long hours in the Nevada heat busting your hump carrying someone else's stuff around...it is not conducive to a long term plan. And at 39 years of age you really need to start thinking about a long term plan. Being a caddy will be very physically and spiritually draining. No matter who you have to deal with you will have to be all smiles. It sounds like you might be that type of person but if you were then you would do better as a waiter at an upscale restaurant than a caddy.

    With 1/2 of your general life expectancy now past you this is not the time to be considering anything that won't help you leave your mark on the planet. You should instead start to question what things you can accomplish in your meager remaining years. At around 60 years old your body will start to seriously show signs of degeneration and at 70 you will be in almost constant pain unless you take a variety of medications. At 80 years old whoever you are now will cease to exist and even memories will elude you. I've never met a 90 year old who wasn't completely out of it 24/7. You will not live to be 100.

    Now is the time. You got about 20 good years left. There are still many noble paths to take in your life but being a caddy is far from any of them.

    Kagera
  • FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but this isn't the first time Gabe's done something like this.
    215198821_BV2hb-2100x20000.jpg
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/12/20

    FireballDragon on
    H3Knuckles
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    PohtHehd wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Guys I’m at a crossroads in life. I’ve always been good at being a silent but pleasant type of customer service person, a problem solver who is ready to defer to someone else’s idea unless it’s obviously flawed but also ready to toss a joke or two back if I know it’s expected. A real ‘I vibe off of your vibe’ type. What I’m trying to say is as I’m half a year from 39 years old...should I become a golf caddie? I hear the tips are great if you are good and Las Vegas is a destination for a lot of rich people with a golf hobby.

    The thing is that you have to know a lot about golf to caddy for people, especially if you want to do it for the rich people. They will expect it and your tips will be largely based off how well THEY do in their game. So, even if you're giving great advice to someone they might still suck and so you will not make so much with them. Being a caddy for an upscale establishment is probably not something you can just walk right into. But the few times you get with a group that is out for fun you will probably find yourself well endowed with extra money.

    That being said, I wouldn't do it. Long hours in the Nevada heat busting your hump carrying someone else's stuff around...it is not conducive to a long term plan. And at 39 years of age you really need to start thinking about a long term plan. Being a caddy will be very physically and spiritually draining. No matter who you have to deal with you will have to be all smiles. It sounds like you might be that type of person but if you were then you would do better as a waiter at an upscale restaurant than a caddy.

    With 1/2 of your general life expectancy now past you this is not the time to be considering anything that won't help you leave your mark on the planet. You should instead start to question what things you can accomplish in your meager remaining years. At around 60 years old your body will start to seriously show signs of degeneration and at 70 you will be in almost constant pain unless you take a variety of medications. At 80 years old whoever you are now will cease to exist and even memories will elude you. I've never met a 90 year old who wasn't completely out of it 24/7. You will not live to be 100.

    Now is the time. You got about 20 good years left. There are still many noble paths to take in your life but being a caddy is far from any of them.

    You’re so right. I just need to really figure it all out NOW before I waste any more time. Maybe some kind of social work or customer service thing. But I have to I can’t half ass this any more. Thanks.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ZomZenZomZen Registered User new member
    Is it just me or does Gabe's hair look like a character from that cereal commercial?

  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    PohtHehd wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Guys I’m at a crossroads in life. I’ve always been good at being a silent but pleasant type of customer service person, a problem solver who is ready to defer to someone else’s idea unless it’s obviously flawed but also ready to toss a joke or two back if I know it’s expected. A real ‘I vibe off of your vibe’ type. What I’m trying to say is as I’m half a year from 39 years old...should I become a golf caddie? I hear the tips are great if you are good and Las Vegas is a destination for a lot of rich people with a golf hobby.

    The thing is that you have to know a lot about golf to caddy for people, especially if you want to do it for the rich people. They will expect it and your tips will be largely based off how well THEY do in their game. So, even if you're giving great advice to someone they might still suck and so you will not make so much with them. Being a caddy for an upscale establishment is probably not something you can just walk right into. But the few times you get with a group that is out for fun you will probably find yourself well endowed with extra money.

    That being said, I wouldn't do it. Long hours in the Nevada heat busting your hump carrying someone else's stuff around...it is not conducive to a long term plan. And at 39 years of age you really need to start thinking about a long term plan. Being a caddy will be very physically and spiritually draining. No matter who you have to deal with you will have to be all smiles. It sounds like you might be that type of person but if you were then you would do better as a waiter at an upscale restaurant than a caddy.

    With 1/2 of your general life expectancy now past you this is not the time to be considering anything that won't help you leave your mark on the planet. You should instead start to question what things you can accomplish in your meager remaining years. At around 60 years old your body will start to seriously show signs of degeneration and at 70 you will be in almost constant pain unless you take a variety of medications. At 80 years old whoever you are now will cease to exist and even memories will elude you. I've never met a 90 year old who wasn't completely out of it 24/7. You will not live to be 100.

    Now is the time. You got about 20 good years left. There are still many noble paths to take in your life but being a caddy is far from any of them.

    This is good advice in general but my grandma lived to 92 and was 100% lucid, even writing a book about the family history, all the way to the end. If you stay active and don't get fucked by Alzheimer's or dementia, old age doesn't have to be miserable.

    y59kydgzuja4.png
Sign In or Register to comment.