Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dishwasher problems

BrodyBrody The WatchThe First ShoreRegistered User regular
Hey y'all, my dishwasher seems to be leaking around the door, near or at the top. I already checked the seal, and it feels fairly soft and isn't noticably cracked. Anyone have ideas on what else I could look at?

"The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Caaba Beankomy XobthroRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Hey y'all, my dishwasher seems to be leaking around the door, near or at the top. I already checked the seal, and it feels fairly soft and isn't noticably cracked. Anyone have ideas on what else I could look at?

When mine did this it ended up being the plastic body inside was cracked.

Then I got it replaced and the new one leaked too, but this was because the top rack slides were installed incorrectly and not allowing the seal to close.

Is this an old dishwasher? Or a newer one?

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    An old dishwasher. I just can't really afford to replace the whole thing.

"The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Caaba Beankomy XobthroRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    An old dishwasher. I just can't really afford to replace the whole thing.

I bet the plastic is cracked. Open it up and look around. Look closely. You might be able to get away with covering the crack with putty as a short term solution but I don't think it will hold up long term.

Look for deals on dishwashers and in the meantime get used to handwashing.

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    There's not really a whole lot to pulling a dishwasher away from the cabinet and getting a good look most of the time. The ones I've seen have a basic insular layer covered by a pad that looks like a blanket. A quick YouTube video will show you how to scoot it out.

I'd say pull it out and give it a thorough inspection. You don't really want to have wet warm porous material sitting under the counter anyway. So checking is good once in a while.

Be sure to kill the power at the box before you go digging around though. Very important.

dispatch.o on