As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dishwasher problems

BrodyBrody The WatchThe First ShoreRegistered User regular
Hey y'all, my dishwasher seems to be leaking around the door, near or at the top. I already checked the seal, and it feels fairly soft and isn't noticably cracked. Anyone have ideas on what else I could look at?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Hey y'all, my dishwasher seems to be leaking around the door, near or at the top. I already checked the seal, and it feels fairly soft and isn't noticably cracked. Anyone have ideas on what else I could look at?

When mine did this it ended up being the plastic body inside was cracked.

Then I got it replaced and the new one leaked too, but this was because the top rack slides were installed incorrectly and not allowing the seal to close.

Is this an old dishwasher? Or a newer one?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    An old dishwasher. I just can't really afford to replace the whole thing.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    An old dishwasher. I just can't really afford to replace the whole thing.

I bet the plastic is cracked. Open it up and look around. Look closely. You might be able to get away with covering the crack with putty as a short term solution but I don't think it will hold up long term.

Look for deals on dishwashers and in the meantime get used to handwashing.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    There's not really a whole lot to pulling a dishwasher away from the cabinet and getting a good look most of the time. The ones I've seen have a basic insular layer covered by a pad that looks like a blanket. A quick YouTube video will show you how to scoot it out.

I'd say pull it out and give it a thorough inspection. You don't really want to have wet warm porous material sitting under the counter anyway. So checking is good once in a while.

Be sure to kill the power at the box before you go digging around though. Very important.

dispatch.o on
This discussion has been closed.