As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 5: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    @MrBlarney for Phyphor?

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Yep, last order I have in reserve. L1z1x selects the (3) Politics Strategy Card.

Selection is on @A Half Eaten Oreo.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Any incentives for the Ghosts to take (or not) Imperial?

• Options
    If I get Imperial, I'll be leaving MR after this round without any further build-up there. Possibly even before the end of the round depending on the timing of other things.

If I have to take Diplomacy or Construction instead, I'll end up strengthening there to attempt to hold for the next round.

Other than that, not really. I'd like to get it now, get a point and move on, but Construction and Diplomacy are both ok with me.

• Options
    Currently my main path off 0 points is if I can hold Abyz/Fria. If I can hold them after you exhaust them without leading to a Galactic incident, I'm also cool just passing off Imperial.

• Options
    Sorry, hosting trivia at a bar right now, just saw that. Will think on it a bit and respond soon.

• Options
    Well. Had a super shitty evening and having a hard time thinking this over properly. Paranoid about the possibility of you maintaining control of Abyz and Fria longer through use of the Barony's ceasefire. I don't think I can agree to that right now.

I'd be willing to give you my Support I suppose in the interests of continued peace between neighbors. Otherwise just grab Imperial if that's what's best for you.

• Options
    With the ceasefire I could hold it for one more turn, not sure it'd be the best use of the cease fire tho. In the interests of peace in our shitty corner of the Galaxy I take construction.

• Options
  • Options
    Take Imperial. Give Creuss our Support

Even my dinner I'm eating right now was way overcooked and sucks. What a weird, terrible night it's been.

I think @Lykouragh is up.

• Options
    Round 3: Start of Action Phase

The Embers of Muaat: Select the (7) Technology Strategy Card.
    The Yssaril Tribes: Select the (1) Leadership Strategy Card.
    Sardakk N'orr: Select the (5) Trade Strategy Card.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Select the (3) Politics Strategy Card.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Select the (4) Construction Strategy Card, claiming 2 Trade Goods. (TG 3 --> 5)
    The Barony of Letnev: Select the (8) Imperial Strategy Card, claiming 2 Trade Goods. (TG 5 --> 7)
    Trade Goods are placed on the unselected (2) Diplomacy and (6) Warfare Strategy Cards.

Order of Play
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh) - (1) Leadership
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor) - (3) Politics
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (4) Construction
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe) - (5) Trade
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid) - (7) Technology
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar) - (8) Imperial

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @Ketar Hope today goes better for you.
    @Lykouragh Any chance we can trade 2 commodities for 2 TG on your turn?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2019
    @MrBlarney I also got a support in there. Just mentioning so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    MrBlarney I also got a support in there. Just mentioning so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Mm hmm. Based on my understanding of the rules, transactions can only occur during the Action Phase or Agenda Phase. For transactions in the Action Phase, they'll be resolved when one of the two players involved in the transaction is the active player. So technically, the transaction hasn't occurred yet, and is in fact a non-binding part of the deal.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    MrBlarney I also got a support in there. Just mentioning so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Mm hmm. Based on my understanding of the rules, transactions can only occur during the Action Phase or Agenda Phase. For transactions in the Action Phase, they'll be resolved when one of the two players involved in the transaction is the active player. So technically, the transaction hasn't occurred yet, and is in fact a non-binding part of the deal.

Oh fair enough, I figured I was "active" while selecting agenda, but makes sense that things like that can't happen until the action phase.

• Options

Oh fair enough, I figured I was "active" while selecting agenda, but makes sense that things like that can't happen until the action phase.
    If you want to track the logic for yourself, you can cross-reference sections 4 (Active Player), 27 (Deals), and 83 (Transactions) in the (Living) Rules Reference.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options

If you want to track the logic for yourself, you can cross-reference sections 4 (Active Player), 27 (Deals), and 83 (Transactions) in the (Living) Rules Reference.

Makes sense. Also this is now officially not my first game! Got a game in over the weekend, lost to Ghosts of all things.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Awesome. How long was the game? I have a game scheduled for March 2nd.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Awesome. How long was the game? I have a game scheduled for March 2nd.

4 players, all familiar with the rules from either 3ed, playing 4e before, and me (from this game). Took about 4-5 hours including setup. We used the default 4 player Galaxy, random species. Everyone was commenting how smooth and quick it felt.

Really fun experience. Game ended with my fleet blockading Creuss, but unable to land the invasion force before the Ghosts scored the 10th point.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    @38thDoe Sure, if I can get a free refresh from your Trade?

Activate Naught, moving in everything from Wellon and Tar'mann. Propose above trade with N'orr.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    would you also be willing to go 3:3 after the refresh then?

If so then deal.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    sure thing, deal confirmed

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Oh good I was worried that I was holding the game up... Hotel wifi seemed to be more theoretical with the continual power problems in the last few days

• Options
    Welcome back! You're returned right on time, in fact, since it looks to be your turn. Once you've caught up, you can take your action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Thanks. Going to have to wait for sleep first I think

• Options
    You voted muaat, resource rich speaker upgraded war suns this round muaat to get free tech?

• Options
    Anyway playing politics seems pretty safe right now. Claim speaker token

• Options
    @Phyphor Can I offer you a free commodity refresh, and then exchange your commodities to TG for you in exchange for speaker token? I'll defer to you in card selection and any ties that need to be broken so you'll still have all the power of speaker.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    You voted muaat, resource rich speaker upgraded war suns this round muaat to get free tech?

Yes, I did.

• Options
    Pass on Politics secondary.

• Options
    @Lykouragh @El Skid @A Half Eaten Oreo for Politics secondary.

• Options
    Pass on secondary.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Phyphor Can I offer you a free commodity refresh, and then exchange your commodities to TG for you in exchange for speaker token? I'll defer to you in card selection and any ties that need to be broken so you'll still have all the power of speaker.

Sure. Make norr speaker instead

• Options
    Pass on Secondary

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Pass on Politics secondary

• Options
    @Lykouragh to play or pass, and then on to the Ghosts.

• Options
    Play politics secondary, S->1

• Options
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Use construction. Place a PDS on Creuss, and a PDS on Thibah.

Secondary: Place 1 token from your strategy pool in any system. You may place either 1 space dock or 1 PDS on a planet you control in that system.

@Lykouragh @Phyphor @38thDoe @El Skid @Ketar for secondary.

Then it's on @38thDoe