As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Well the next month is going to be a lot. Next week is a make or break collab raid. Either they'll start Xenogears or we'll get the FFBE one with Nagi and Yego. After that should be the FF Tactics MK event with Ultima. Then Akstar as the story event.

I see that Karlette chains with Kurasame and eventually Akstar.... Hmm.

But then I have to see what happens next week.... But I do have a surgery on Thursday so maybe the gacha gods will bless me on Friday..... But I'm only at 40k... Bah!

Hope everything goes great for you this week!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Well the next month is going to be a lot. Next week is a make or break collab raid. Either they'll start Xenogears or we'll get the FFBE one with Nagi and Yego. After that should be the FF Tactics MK event with Ultima. Then Akstar as the story event.

I see that Karlette chains with Kurasame and eventually Akstar.... Hmm.

But then I have to see what happens next week.... But I do have a surgery on Thursday so maybe the gacha gods will bless me on Friday..... But I'm only at 40k... Bah!

Hope everything goes great for you this week!

Thanks! I forgot I posted that. Me too. :P

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Huh, I saw the icon for Karlotte's skills and thought she would chain with Loren and Kunshira, but nope. She'll chain with Citan, though.

Why do you tempt me?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Huh, I saw the icon for Karlotte's skills and thought she would chain with Loren and Kunshira, but nope. She'll chain with Citan, though.

Why do you tempt me?

She chains with AR and QH right?

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Man, I don't know, I said I was going to pull for the Yuraishi/Karlette banner next week, but sources report Yuraishi isn't a big upgrade from CG Nichol. Nichol is also getting a cooldown with DM and stop removal/resistance eventually. His enhancements shouldn't be too long off.

I want that Karlette TMR, though. Fuck. This is so difficult.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm a sucker for Red Mages (they are so goddamn stylish!) so I'm tempted to pull for Karlette, but she'll be in the pool forever and I'm still holding out for Randi.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Why do you tempt me?

Her dual cast moves are AT and QH. She has an AR move but it’s not dual castable for some reason.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Man, I don't know, I said I was going to pull for the Yuraishi/Karlette banner next week, but sources report Yuraishi isn't a big upgrade from CG Nichol. Nichol is also getting a cooldown with DM and stop removal/resistance eventually. His enhancements shouldn't be too long off.

I want that Karlette TMR, though. Fuck. This is so difficult.

Yeah, JP had a good streak going at one point where their enhancements would drop at the same time a unit was being released in GL. Made it real nice to see how future proof your potential pulls would be.

But no Yuraisha enhancements yet so you can't do apple to apple comparisons with Nichol :(

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for Red Mages (they are so goddamn stylish!) so I'm tempted to pull for Karlette, but she'll be in the pool forever and I'm still holding out for Randi.

I'm a sucker for hybrid units for some reason so I'm right there with you

• Options

Why do you tempt me?

Her dual cast moves are AT and QH. She has an AR move but it’s not dual castable for some reason.

Yeah that's weird. Lunera can dual cast it now, and I think everyone else on those frames can now as well. Maybe they'll fix it?

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Yeah, the bonus stage is much easier than the previous ones. Just straight bodied it.

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Dissidia's free summon dropped as rainbow!

Trance Terra #1. One half away from quad chaoswave. Haha. Guess it is better late than never.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options

Why do you tempt me?

Yeah that's weird. Lunera can dual cast it now, and I think everyone else on those frames can now as well. Maybe they'll fix it?

Damage reduced, but it is now dual castable!

• Options
    Basch enhancements look great. Might also be dusting off Kunshira later today.

• Options
    10+1 ticket dropped a Rainbow for Loren#3. Neat!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I got a second Vincent from my 10+1. I haven't moogle'd the first one yet, but it's a nice TMR to have a copy of

• Options
    Free daily gave me Mediena #2. 10+1 gave me T. Terra #3.

Goes to show that ex pulls are worthless. My last 5 rainbows were garbage too.

• Options
    So apparently Balthier's enhancements make him (potentially) the best finisher we have. The potentially is because his big finishing cooldown is RNG based, but it has potential to do ridiculous damage. However, fitting it all into a chain to get the most out of it will be...difficult.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Free summon dropped a Malphasie! 10+1 had nothing good but I can deal with that.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    10+1 got me Duke #2, and Prompto #1. Not sure I have any use for any of them.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    10+1 got me Duke #2, and Prompto #1. Not sure I have any use for any of them.

Prompto's TMR is at least worthwhile.

• Options
    Saving my 10+1 for tomorrow. I know it won't change the outcome but I can dream.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Whale request: anyone able to put up a Seabreeze Fina, preferably with her own STMR equipped? I need element sealing, flood chaining, and a big water imperil.

• Options
    10+1 was nothing, free was nothing. Don't think I've ever gotten the 200 lapis from the other free summon.

That said, I'm pretty much done with Item World. First run with Lust Dagger, first level got the rare HighTide. Ended up with HT, 10% HP, and 5% MP, woo! Not sure what else to run through, maybe gaia bell and try for a rare on the 2-handed axe.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Put Refined Engine Axe into item world. Got the rare on floor 2. Managed to get +5% ATK and +5% HP beyond that. 10th floor was all auto-boosts. lolz
    a2hjqboxxok2.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm gonna focus on Eiko's TMR for a little bit fishing for the rare. Then...I dunno, Sledgehammer and Gaia Bell. After that I'll just run through some weapons I've gotten since last IW that could use some stats (Glauca's GS, Save the Queen, etc).

If I can down Gilgamesh I'll run the katana through for funsies, but I dunno if that'll happen. Gotta look at my unit options and figure out how to get in all of my sealing needs or if I can manage a "burst from 80%" using the offensive item stun strat. Maybe I'll enhance Balthier and see if he can get that done.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    2 of my last 3 runs through the event were 7 round fights, the second 7 rounder had 6 bonus mobs for 6680 base fangs.....

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I guess I'll try to run Roy's STMR for Beryl, and the Lust Dagger so I can have more daggers where I fail to get high tide.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I stopped giving a shit about Item World a long time ago. You only get garbage.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Whale request: anyone able to put up a Seabreeze Fina, preferably with her own STMR equipped? I need element sealing, flood chaining, and a big water imperil.

Not a whale but I can. She's not potted though. So I'll crank up get Mag as high as I can.

• Options
    IW is free rank XP a tiny amount of gil and you get indivual rewards

on top of sometimes getting good additional stats on certain weapons.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    10+1 was nothing, free was nothing. Don't think I've ever gotten the 200 lapis from the other free summon.

That said, I'm pretty much done with Item World. First run with Lust Dagger, first level got the rare HighTide. Ended up with HT, 10% HP, and 5% MP, woo! Not sure what else to run through, maybe gaia bell and try for a rare on the 2-handed axe.

I was gonna do Lust Dagger this morning but ended up running Sledgehammer because of indecision. Best to go for High Tide/HP/MP to make it generalist, or specialize it to, say, Rem, and go for High Tide/MAG/SPR? (or some other combination)

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options

Not a whale but I can. She's not potted though. So I'll crank up get Mag as high as I can.

@Lorek she's up and ready

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

Working on it. Any resists / killers / immunities needed?

maraji on
  • Options

I was gonna do Lust Dagger this morning but ended up running Sledgehammer because of indecision. Best to go for High Tide/HP/MP to make it generalist, or specialize it to, say, Rem, and go for High Tide/MAG/SPR? (or some other combination)

I like HP/MP as it's good for all. SPR would be a backup since supports tend to use it as well. This is generally going to be passed around for folks like MS Nichol or Loren. Though if you get HT and 15% MAG, might as well keep it haha.

• Options
    the first thing I do every item world is to get some decent enhancements on any new atk or mag weapons I got since the last one. then I look at specialty stuff.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular

I can. She's not maxed, but I can if you want.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Ok, I put a 2000 magic Seabreeze Dark Fina up with her STMR. She's wearing LM Fina's TMR for status protection.

Magus` on
  • Options
    So it seems Light or Ice are the best elements for Greg 2.0? A lot of his stuff is hybrid, so probably a death resist WKN for tank?

• Options
    So it seems Light or Ice are the best elements for Greg 2.0? A lot of his stuff is hybrid, so probably a death resist WKN for tank?

Light is your best bet since his Light counters are pretty easy to deal with, not so much a lot of his other things. You can deal with not sealing Ice at all if you have Break resists. Death resist WKN won't work since you need physical cover to cover Hybrid damage. Hybrid damage can be evaded, so most people use an evade physical cover tank/provoker.

This discussion has been closed.