As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    urahonky wrote: »
    Well I got Alexander down to 70% HP which is the closest I've ever gotten. But his turn 4 wipes every one. Should I bring AOE re-raise instead of Ayaka? I have Seaside Nichol using his DM on everyone but it doesn't seem to be enough. Though both Lilas survived the onslaught.
    I think part of the problem with turn 4 is that Alexander will dispel you so your buffs and AOE tank are lost. The amount of damage he "judges" is based on how many times you hit him with dark damage and LBs the previous turns. Also, you need to make sure that everyone has 90+ light resist before a 70% light resist buff. Alexander hits you with a 60% imperil. That might also be how you some of the lower spirit units are getting wrecked. AOE re-raise is definitely a viable option if you do not have Manufacted Nethecite to prevent the dispel.

You might want to consider waiting to do anymore attempts until the 1/2 NRG campaign starts this week.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Not sure that'd work since his DM is insane (isn't it like 80%?)

Ah hmm... yeah.. I forgot he does that. Dang it. Yeah all the new big finishers need at least 3-4 turns before they can do their thing, doesn't really help here.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I've been running my Godhand through the item dungeon almost nonstop since it's my only STMR weapon and fists are on the focus list this time. I finally hit the rare (+20% ATK/ +20% HP) and the other two abilities were even on theme (+5% ATK and +7% ATK). I can technically do better, but I'll take it.

Now to see if I can make lightning strike twice and get the rare on some Wrapping Bandages.

Cururu on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Well I got Alexander down to 70% HP which is the closest I've ever gotten. But his turn 4 wipes every one. Should I bring AOE re-raise instead of Ayaka? I have Seaside Nichol using his DM on everyone but it doesn't seem to be enough. Though both Lilas survived the onslaught.
    I think part of the problem with turn 4 is that Alexander will dispel you so your buffs and AOE tank are lost. The amount of damage he "judges" is based on how many times you hit him with dark damage and LBs the previous turns. Also, you need to make sure that everyone has 90+ light resist before a 70% light resist buff. Alexander hits you with a 60% imperil. That might also be how you some of the lower spirit units are getting wrecked. AOE re-raise is definitely a viable option if you do not have Manufacted Nethecite to prevent the dispel.

You might want to consider waiting to do anymore attempts until the 1/2 NRG campaign starts this week.

Ohh, so if I use the Nethecite on turn 3 then he can't dispel me?

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Kryla looks like the perfect unit to take along for Asura, since she can cover most of the elements (lacks dark/light, but those are easy enough to cover with another unit). Also helpful is her ability to do elemental damage and re-break if needed with her Witchcraft+. Her sealing mechanics look to be easier to do than Greg2.0s.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Can anyone setup a 7* enhanced Balthier with man-eater this afternoon?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    @Lorek Aha, looks like Nethecite is the key. Once I see your unit show up again I think I'll be able to do it!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    @Lorek Aha, looks like Nethecite is the key. Once I see your unit show up again I think I'll be able to do it!

I'm glad I was able to grab Kiyomori this time around but here's another item I missed way back and may never see again.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I'm glad I was able to grab Kiyomori this time around but here's another item I missed way back and may never see again.

Hopefully they do a CG Celes and make her useful.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Can anyone setup a 7* enhanced Balthier with man-eater this afternoon?

Once @urahonky is done with Lila, I can throw one up. Do you want anything other than just maximum attack with maximum man killer?

Edit: Like if it's for Gilgamesh, is there an element you'll be imperiling you want him equipped with, or are you going to imbue so he should be without element weapons?

Lorek on
  • Options
    It's for Greg 2.0. He can be neutral weapons since I can use Trick shot to determine which element to imbue, before Rapid Shot.

My group is going to be Wilhelm (evade), Zarg, Folka, Loren, and 2x Balthier's. I guess technically Loren can imperil Light/Thunder for 79% on her break. But eBalthier can do 120% with trick shot. It lasts for 4 turns, so I should be able to do it, then imbue Balthier, then chain and kill.

• Options
    Got Alexander 3*, thanks @Lorek. Once you get him down to 50% it's a cakewalk.

• Options

Nice. Ok, @Trajan45 , Balthier is up. 2161 ATK, 300% Human killer.

• Options
    @Tiphares if you want my strategy or if you need any help let me know. It's not too bad once you get into the swing of things.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »

Of course I jump right in and forget to put dispel on Folka. How long does it take to have a friend unit refresh?

• Options

Of course I jump right in and forget to put dispel on Folka. How long does it take to have a friend unit refresh?

4 hours I think

• Options

Yeah, it's 3 or 4 hours. No biggie; I can leave him up however long you need.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    hkqn74l538a9.jpg

Say hello to your new weapon, Yuraisha.

• Options
    Thoughts on this load out:

n1cyidqzhz0w.jpg

u17eu2yfxrwk.jpg

Suggestions welcome.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I thought Yuraisha wanted less SPR and more straight HP because her healing is flat amounts and her buffs all cost her health.

Edit: I have a couple Yuraisha on my friends list with over 10k health, I figured that was why.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    She's also six star until I can UoC her.

• Options
    Do you have the Genbu Ring? I've go with that over Ice Headband. She seems like she has enough MP and MP refresh. Also if you have Crowe, Thirst for Survival over Emp Majesty.

She's at 710 MP @ 6*, once at 7*'s she'll have even more. With Innate plus what you have on, she'll have 23% refresh. If we guess she'll have 800MP, that's 184 refresh per turn. More than enough to cast her abilities without running out.

• Options
    UGH! WILHELM!!!! You stupid mustached fool! Why do you only have 50% status ailment resists. Of course on turn 3 he gets hit with confuse, so he can't put up AoE cover, causing everyone to wipe. I'm so used to M. Ramza and his 100% coverage, that I forgot about Wilhem's 50% only. With 100% light and 100% evade I don't have room for seed of hope, so I just need Zarg to step up next time. Wish I had remembered that.

Think I'm going to throw Shiva on Zarg for ice and I have Ramah on Folka for dispel and thunder (since loren's elements get overwritten with her thunder attack). That way I can put 5% more evade on the weapon and either put moogle plushie to get him to 80% innate provoke or Metal Slime Shield for resistance to ailments. Or I could look at the Marlboro trial first for that heavy shield.

• Options
    Loren's elements shouldn't get overridden by her attack. If they are that's a bug and should be reported.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Start conditions not met

• Options
    Do you have the Genbu Ring? I've go with that over Ice Headband. She seems like she has enough MP and MP refresh. Also if you have Crowe, Thirst for Survival over Emp Majesty.

She's at 710 MP @ 6*, once at 7*'s she'll have even more. With Innate plus what you have on, she'll have 23% refresh. If we guess she'll have 800MP, that's 184 refresh per turn. More than enough to cast her abilities without running out.

I do have Thirst, but not Genbu Ring. What about Jake's Pirate Ring?

• Options
    Jake's Pirate Ring is really good. It's also worth consideration.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    haha, it happened, it finally happened!

I got 200 lapis on the spring reward wheel (along with a 30, 15, 10 and 5), time to buy all the lottery tickets and/or go to atlantic city.

• Options
    No no no, you've already used up all your luck. Time to go live in a fallout shelter

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I had all crap reward wheel spins, but the 2x 5K Guaranteed pulls got me 4 rainbows! Lulu #3, Nyx #3, Fryevia #3, and Eiko #2. Even more units closer to STMRs. I'm happy about Eiko 7* so I can start doing summoner/healer shenanigans.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I fell for the Spring Celebration trap again because I have no impulse control and can't learn my lesson. Worked out alright this time though.

Pull #1 - Yuna #4. That's a nice robe. Now I want a 4th CG Nichol all the more to go with all these cool EVO % gear pieces.
    Pull #2 - Zaargabath #2 and Fryevia #5. Not sure what to do with Zarg, he's great, but I already have CG Nichol and Yuraisha and I don't know if I want to max another LB.

Also I don't really have the gil to be enhancing willy-nilly; I'm down to 5 million now. On the plus side, 99 7* units awoken. So 1 more and I automatically qualify for all the Expert missions whenever Gumi cares enough to give them to us.

Lorek on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I also decided to do the Spring Celebration banner once more (but only once, since I don't want to go below 30k lapis). Got Aurora Fryevia #1. Not bad, and I still have trust moogles for her, so its a free TMR, at least. It will go well on Malphasie, for now.

Cururu on
  • Options
    JP stream mentioned 5% rainbow rates, but maybe just for CG OK? No UoC for him.

Also JP getting blue mages starting with S3 Fina.

• Options
    I hate Greg 2.0 lol. Not sure if he's buggy but combined with that I have a hard time remembering what rotation to do. I may need to type it out lol. When I started, Loren used her CD break which should also seal his elements, but Wilhelm still got hit with the elemental imperil. Also Balthier is squishy lol, I need to have buffs and high DM on at all times. However it's tough to time Zarg's higher DM's as his LB is only 2 turns (bleh!).

Of course trick shot knocked him from 83% to 80% which I can't recover from with my setup as Loren will set off all of his attacks when she breaks. I'll try it one more time tonight when I can right out a rotation and see if it's enough to keep the Balthier's alive.

• Options
    Looks like all future CG units will be limited units. Alim is pretty much dismantling the UoC system. I don't even wanna look at the amount of dislikes on the stream now haha.

• Options
    I hate Greg 2.0 lol. Not sure if he's buggy but combined with that I have a hard time remembering what rotation to do. I may need to type it out lol. When I started, Loren used her CD break which should also seal his elements.

There's your problem right there - Loren's CD break doesn't actually hit the opponent for damage, it just applies the debuffs/buffs. Her LB, since it actually hits the opponent with damage, will seal elements.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Cruor wrote: »
    Looks like all future CG units will be limited units. Alim is pretty much dismantling the UoC system. I don't even wanna look at the amount of dislikes on the stream now haha.

Yeah this is very bad news for the state of the game going forward. Unless Gumi decides to take the game in a radically different direction from JP, we're looking at under a year left of the usefulness of the UoC system and nothing (shown thus far) to replace it.

Edit: Stream like/dislike ratio as of right now: 309/1,600. Oof.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    I got Greg2.0 to 62% last night with jank-chaining Loren/Beatrix. Failure point was my friend SBDFina with a summer whip was just way too squishy to survive the fixed damage (only had like 6k HP I think, knew it was gonna be dicey when I started). Also I made a bonehead move and forgot Zarg's dispel attack hits twice and has a slightly long animation, so I broke Greg before the second hit landed, which dispelled the break I just put on...and then wipe.

• Options
    I got Greg2.0 to 62% last night with jank-chaining Loren/Beatrix. Failure point was my friend SBDFina with a summer whip was just way too squishy to survive the fixed damage (only had like 6k HP I think, knew it was gonna be dicey when I started). Also I made a bonehead move and forgot Zarg's dispel attack hits twice and has a slightly long animation, so I broke Greg before the second hit landed, which dispelled the break I just put on...and then wipe.

I've done that lol.

I hate Greg 2.0 lol. Not sure if he's buggy but combined with that I have a hard time remembering what rotation to do. I may need to type it out lol. When I started, Loren used her CD break which should also seal his elements.

There's your problem right there - Loren's CD break doesn't actually hit the opponent for damage, it just applies the debuffs/buffs. Her LB, since it actually hits the opponent with damage, will seal elements.

Funny, I looked at all our breakers and none of their CD attacks hit with an attack. I guess it's something I'll have to deal with, just like Greg wiping units out due to Wilhelm having to AoE cover and not provoke.

• Options
    A lot of the successful slow strats I've seen use a secondary healer as the elemental sealer, be it Rem or CGFina or whoever. I'm 1 SBDFina away from a Rainbow Whip for my CGFina to use to cover that. A lot of strats also just kinda ignore ice/water sealing, but I'll need those since I lack reliable 100% break resist uptime.

This discussion has been closed.