As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Holy shit it happened....
    9syu1k1nybo8.png

The dream!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck honky, 2B is going to be a chainsaw with that.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I really need that katana garb now...

• Options
    All this talk about "it's gonna be Xenogears/SoM" makes me think the next event will be Tomb Raider.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

You should see if you do on the builder. I know my 2B caps attack really quickly. Also she's in the pool now, I figure the next time I pull a lot, I might get her.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

You should see if you do on the builder. I know my 2B caps attack really quickly. Also she's in the pool now, I figure the next time I pull a lot, I might get her.

You're talking me down off the ledge lol... I'm staring at this step up banner thinking she'd be in there.... But honestly I don't NEED 2B to have an insane amount of atk... Not until there's a robot in need of destroying.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    All this talk about "it's gonna be Xenogears/SoM" makes me think the next event will be Tomb Raider.

Ariana Grande event 3 with Katy Perry collaboration.

• Options

But if you can cap it quicker you can add some TDW or killers!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    9syu1k1nybo8.png

The dream!

bah. its not +15% and +12% and seal so you have to keep trying :)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

But if you can cap it quicker you can add some TDW or killers!

haha true, but again, not really worth doing a ton of pulling for a unit I will end up with at some point. There is not a single 3* or 4* unit that I don't have, whether it's from 5+1's, 10+1's or just from massive pulling on a banner I want (Xenogears).

Also since I use 2B with Lightning Saber, I need to have Light Armor on her for the Chosen One to kick in. Right now I have VC with 29% attack and LS with 24% attack, then Raegen's TMR, Chosen One, and Katana Mastery. That puts me just short of maxing her out. I generally use Frigo and Etcetera to max her out and add more machine killer. If I could just pull 1 more Sephiroth...

• Options
    This just happened on my other VC...
    5bxo6zhhyfoy.png

I won't complain about the IW again. I know I'm basically screwed on this upcoming banner but that's alright.

• Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Selner wrote: »
    I picked up both the robot and Wayhem. Both are 4*.

I got one of them in the daily discount pull.

And I got the login reward 5+1 today too. I'm a couple days behind I guess.

Ah, boo that means you might be a day behind the 5* ticket.

I think I will be OK, based on the login calendar I will miss the last two days, which are both lapis days. More lapis would be nice, but oh well. There's always next month :) .

The Blacksmith story quests are crazy for Rank xp. I imagine you could just run them over and over and jump up in Ranks pretty quick.

• Options
    This IW has been really generous to me so far. I've gotten:

Masamune - Rare lvl4, 12% SPR, 5% Atk
    Dragon's Destiny - 17% HP, 10% SPR
    Divine Art of War - Rare lvl4, 12% Mag
    Mateus's Malice - Rare lvl4, 10% Mag, 7% HP
    Ultima Weapon (FF7) - 27% Atk

Right now I'm going back to Kiyomori to see if I can get anything better than 15% HP. Then probably just VC to see if I can get lucky with a rare and attack.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    9syu1k1nybo8.png
    ‘Bout damn time! Grats!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I think I haven't gotten a rare since I got High Tide on the Necro Dagger during Beryl's banner, myself. Honestly, I barely even try anymore. I run a few things, don't get much, and shrug.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Yeah I just burn through my IW orb potions because why should I hoard them.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Hoarding my orbs until greatswords/swords come back. By then maybe I'll have pulled my 4th Cloud for his STMR. Would also be neat to get an upgraded rare on Manablade for Randi when he definitely comes back around.

:(

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, I'm hoarding my refill pots till GS and Swords come back. I've got a ton that could use improvement. Also I'm curious what "boosted" daggers get? Super High Tide?

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I must have been spacing out on my pulls lately. I was looking through my list of units trying to find someone new to TMR farm after finishing up a couple Balthiers (now I can get his STMR. Woot!) and I stumbled across a Seaside Nichol that I completely forgot that I had gotten. It must have been in the last few weeks, I'm guessing. I also noticed a second Yuna that I remembered getting once I noticed her, but had slipped my mind until now. Hooray for amnesia related surprises, I guess. On the plus side, since the item dungeons are doing rod and staff bonuses this week, I went ahead and just moogled a Tropical Delight and a Nirvana before I forget they exist again :rotate:

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Bonus stage done. All missions.

It's not that difficult if you have the right team. I went with physical cover this time. I also skipped fight 1 with the following actions.

- Ace fills esper gauge
    - Sieghard uses Phoenix, which completes the esper mission and revives Ace
    - Loren equipped with an Earth and Wind weapon uses her Lightning attack. Because she's dual wielding, she completes the element mission
    - CG Fina uses her AoE reraise ability
    - My DPS uses a phoenix down on the boss

All missions done.

Fight 2 was just hunkering down behind Sieghard with as many defensive buffs as possible. Ace uses his mitigation/def/spr buff, Sieghard uses his LB when he can, guards when he's not using cover. He doesn't need provoke because he has 100% passive provoke. Just keep healing him and he won't die. Loren uses her breaks. Everyone else auto attack to get LB for the LB mission or guard. Ace was dual wielding a fire weapon, so he auto attacks twice to get the fire mission and stops using offensive abilities to avoid Sieghard getting snorted. Then you just whittle the boss down and unleash all your LBs when you kill him.

Fight 3. Turn 1, buff your team up, prepare your multi cast abilities for next turn. Don't hit the boss. Don't do it. Turn 2. Dispel boss. Kill him with a chain. Don't forget to use your esper to finish him.

You don't need to heal from the pre-emptive attack, but if you do, don't use a spell. Use abilities. To avoid failing the no recovery magic mission. Don't use items either. You should just use the tool on the wiki to get enough HP and SPR that his pre-emptive attack won't kill your units.

[edit] Fight 2 was touch and go at the end. I hit 2 thresholds at once and nearly got my DPS killed. That wouldn't have lost me the fight, but I would have failed the no deaths mission. Luckily Fryevia has that ability that allows her to survive with 1 HP if she has 20% or higher HP when she's hit with the attack that kills her.

[edit] Note that the fight 2 boss only uses magic attacks when crossing a threshold. And he has like 5 thresholds. Just make sure not to do too much damage and he's a piece of cake.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I was thinking of doing the bonus stage with Sieg, Auron, Rem, Ace, Fry and A. Fry since nothing is immune to ice or holy. I think one boss has a little bit of resistance, but imperils will cut through that. Auron would be DW earth/lightning and do his wind attack. I need to test if DW makes it hit twice. The other option is to use A. Rain as a tank holding wind/lightning and doing his Earth Explosion ability, which does hit twice with DW.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Success!

After 21 Masamune runs, I've finally beaten my old record of 20% Atk. I now have 22% Atk.

Another 30 or so runs and I'll maybe get 30% Atk. That's the dream.

• Options
    Got the rare on my Wizard Rod+, ended up with 27% MAG, 20% MP, 10% HP. That's pretty good.

Also, went back and did the bonus stage. Now that I know the AI for the second battle it's much easier. Also I used Charm shenanigans to deal with Intangir, which was funny.

• Options
    Fan festa event. New unit looks like another bard? Way to neutralize any desire for Aurora Fryevia.

GUMI sure going out of there way to make people want to quit this game. Lets do a raid players have already seen twice in the last 6 months! No Xenogears, no SoM, hell no any new collab. I was thinking yesterday how awesome an Anthem collab might be, with the 4 Javelin’s as units.

I guess the plus side is more time to hoard. Randi better have massive buffs if we ever get the SoM collab.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Haha! Finally got the rare on Masamune! And it also has 10% and 7% ATK on it. 37% ATK and 20% HP is fine by me

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Fan festa event. New unit looks like another bard? Way to neutralize any desire for Aurora Fryevia.

GUMI sure going out of there way to make people want to quit this game. Lets do a raid players have already seen twice in the last 6 months! No Xenogears, no SoM, hell no any new collab. I was thinking yesterday how awesome an Anthem collab might be, with the 4 Javelin’s as units.

I guess the plus side is more time to hoard. Randi better have massive buffs if we ever get the SoM collab.

I'm hoping since we just had Qin that they're focusing more on the "dancing" part and she's going to be a dance-buffer like Soleil; increasingly powerful unlocks that don't lock your turns down.
    Also, I swear Gumi mentioned something about Aurora Fryevia being available outside of summoning, so hopefully those FFBE Coin-things will also be able to buy one.

• Options
    I saw 11 new notifications for news and had hopes that it was SoM or something fun. But it's the fan art ones... Ugh.

We get a 10+1 out of it at least.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    We are getting a bunch of login/event rewards over the next couple of weeks. Looks like a there is a pay bundle that gives you a 5* Batch Summon ticket. I'm guessing the "batch" is only the Fan Fest units. I thought this part was interesting:

[Fan Festa Tokens]
    Players can collect and exchange Fan Festa tokens with the Mog Minister for a variety of past FFBE Fan Festa units and items such as 4★+ Guaranteed Tickets and more to commemorate the success of previous FFBE Fan Festas.

They must mean Cheerleader Fina, Cowboy Jake, etc. They wouldn't put the 5* base in there if they are on a current stepup banner.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Tiphares wrote: »
    We are getting a bunch of login/event rewards over the next couple of weeks. Looks like a there is a pay bundle that gives you a 5* Batch Summon ticket. I'm guessing the "batch" is only the Fan Fest units. I thought this part was interesting:

[Fan Festa Tokens]
    Players can collect and exchange Fan Festa tokens with the Mog Minister for a variety of past FFBE Fan Festa units and items such as 4★+ Guaranteed Tickets and more to commemorate the success of previous FFBE Fan Festas.

If you read the fine print, the ticket is for the units on the picture(?). So you get one of Kunshira, Noctis, Rem, Fryevia, Kurusame, or Awakened Rain.
    Also, lots of free pulls in the next two days. Tomorrow we get the 10+1 from the calendar, then Friday we get a 5+1 from the new login bonuses and a free 10+1 for the Myra/Aurora Fryevia banner.

Lorek on
  • Options
    I don't think Myra is a bard (in the FF meaning), the previewed skills don't say anything about skipping turns or buffing "while performing." Looks like Soleil, where her skills unlock new skills. She honestly looks like a cool healer/buffer hybrid, but I'll wait to pass judgement until the datamine.

• Options
    I wonder if GUMI got a ton of backlash for having the UoC in a bundle? Or they are just greedy. I'm done with random 5*'s in bundles. If you want me to buy something it's fountain of lapis or UoC's only.

On the plus side, I can pull for Rem one last time and have a month to build lapis back up before getting disappointed for the next collab. I'd assume we're looking at CG Cid as the next story, along with a spring event. Who knows what the next MK event will be, FFT seems a bit early but they don't have much else unless they want to do a GL exclusive one. I guess we're never getting Yuraisha. This would have been a great time for her, with a re-run of fan units and A. Fryevia.

• Options
    I wonder if GUMI got a ton of backlash for having the UoC in a bundle? Or they are just greedy. I'm done with random 5*'s in bundles. If you want me to buy something it's fountain of lapis or UoC's only.

On the plus side, I can pull for Rem one last time and have a month to build lapis back up before getting disappointed for the next collab. I'd assume we're looking at CG Cid as the next story, along with a spring event. Who knows what the next MK event will be, FFT seems a bit early but they don't have much else unless they want to do a GL exclusive one. I guess we're never getting Yuraisha. This would have been a great time for her, with a re-run of fan units and A. Fryevia.

Yeah, it's definitely interesting that the login bonus runs for a whole 20 days. That leads me to believe nothing "interesting" will happen until the middle of March. It ends on the 13th of March, so I'm guessing the 1st and the 8th are going to be the standard Mog King (probably the skipped FF III?) and story event (CG Cid).

• Options
    That would make sense, they already updated Onion Armor to include Refia back in November.

• Options
    14K lapis down. Not nearly as lucky as lap 1 but in the end I got what I was shooting for. Lap 2 was Prishe and Lap 3 was Rem #4. While I was hoping for that 4th Aileen or FV, Rem was the goal, so I'll take it.

Back to the hoard for Xenogears.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    A month of no collabs would be great for my lapis stock. I blew everything on the Star Ocean banner in hopes of a second Sophia, so I need time to build back up for the next event.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    A. Fryevia being officially released is pretty cool. Anyone who didn't go to the Fan Festa can now try to pull or UoC her, and anyone who got her from Fan Festa can try to pull UoC her for her STMR.

I do want to see the datamine for Myra, she could be a really good support. I'm always down for more supports, tanks or healers to be released. I know that big damage numbers are popular, but there's always a new damage dealer being released. But I like the support role units, they always tend to have the more interesting skill sets.

Zomro on
  • Options
    I think Myra's going to primarily be a healer with support aspects, kinda like Rena. We'll see with the data-mine. Thankfully she's in the pool forever, so even if she's amazing I won't feel a rush to get her now (I lack a 7* healer, and if her 7* is as good/better than CG Fina, then...). That said, if she is good and if one of the free pulls nabs her for me I may use a UoC to grab a dupe.

• Options
    I will be running the Bonus Stage on my lunch break. Could someone setup a beefy Ang or DragonLord so I can use them as a finisher? Only requirements are 400-ish SPR and status immunity. Thanks!

• Options
    I will be running the Bonus Stage on my lunch break. Could someone setup a beefy Ang or DragonLord so I can use them as a finisher? Only requirements are 400-ish SPR and status immunity. Thanks!

Mine is s immune to everything but disease with around 2400 ATK, 7300 HP and 519 SPR. Will that work? Do you want a specific esper on for killer effects or elemental resist? He's on Odin right now.

• Options
    edited February 2019

Pretty sure you're on my friend list, but if not, I have space anyway: 768,677,851
    7* enhanced Dragonlord, 1770 MAG, 425 SPR, 9200 HP, 100% status immunity.

Edit: Bonus Brag, he also has 800 MP and enough MP/turn to be completely return the 150 MP cost of Kafrizzle+2.

Lorek on
This discussion has been closed.