Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Session One] Glamjin’s Tower of Glory

2456710

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    Pulsing shapes dot your vision momentarily Gisard.

    Everything here is magical. No amount of training could have prepared you for this place. In your own world detecting magic is a matter of finding where processed immateria has been woven to the mundane (enchantment, to the uneducated) to produce an effect. Here, however, you’ll have to hone your senses to detect active magic as opposed to the general ambient magic that pervades the very air.

    It’s a setback, but you’re none the worse for it.
    I don’t think it’s necessary to make a hard move against you for that particular roll... so I’ve got 1 hold against you, instead. While it’s mostly my job to react to you, at some point I’ll make a move before you act. This is nothing to be very, very frightened about.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Pomme stares blankly at the pillar. Unlike certain supply carts, theres no shimmer or surprise. But it does give them time to think. In the mirror there was a shadow, but no li... oh. That couldn't be it could it? Pomme scurries to the previous room and takes a torch from the wall. And after a brief hesitation takes a second. Running back into the room with the mirror, Pomme presses a torch into the hairless monkey Bran's hands. And then proceeds with all due caution with their own torch to the dubious pillar.

    She glances near, but not quite at Holly - "Anything happening?"

    OOC: Should I ask the questions after the roll? Or should I prioritize questions? Sorry about that! Still picking up on how the system works!

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Argh, it's like looking at a bonfire after observing the night sssky, but for all the senses at once. The pervasive magic of this place will take some getting usssed to before I can disssscern anything useful. I definitely didn't mess up the sssssibilantssssss or anything." Gisard clears his throat and mutters a speech exercise with a lot of 's' noises as he watches Pomme scurry about.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    Holly doesn’t hear you, because as you pass just so behind the pillar you are no longer in the rough red room. Oh no! Oh, you thought you saw a monster. It was just your shadow against a close wall. Looks like a towering bear, you think, as you swing your torch this way and that.

    You’re in a circular... somewhere, Pomme, that’s for sure. A small somewhere. Brickwork, common brick and mortar, like a house. There are two stone doors, one to the north, the other south.

    There is a lever the same height as you in the middle of this new room, and Fleur is climbing on it quizzically.


    The Little Lever Lounge
    2h2r2zki3a83.jpeg

    OOC: Don’t be sorry, that’s okay! Prioritising is a good idea. We’ll do that. Number your options and I’ll answer what your roll grants you. That’ll speed it up!

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran Volgut | Neutral Human Thief | 21/21 HP | Damage d8

    Bran, seeing Pomme disappear, waves his companions over to the light of his torch as he leads behind the pillar.

    "Best not separate further, in case the magics of this place are intentionally attempting to break us up."

    [Assuming this moves us into the same room]
    Seeing the small lounge Bran hands his torch to Gisard, and begins to give the room a once-over.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for TRAP EXPERT (DEX)
    In order, spending however much hold as I get:
    1 Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
    2 What does the trap do when activate?
    3 What else is hidden here?

    TRAP EXPERT (DEX):
    2d6+2 13 [2d6=5, 6]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 24
    Bran and Gisard pop in behind you Pomme. Holly remains behind—you weren’t quite near enough. Seems you need to be holding a torch behind that pillar to slip between space.

    Holly, you hear sudden noises behind you, like clattering stones and the scrapping of a mason’s tools. Ah... The passage has been walled up. You won’t be getting that last torch. You’re alone, and it is very, very dark indeed.

    There are no traps in the circular room, Bran. The northern door is of the same design as the one in the previous room.

    The southern door is similar, but has a perfectly round concave section in the middle of it, a foot wide and a few inches deep. Dead in the centre is a metal circle.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 24
    Gisard puts a hand on Bran's torch as they go behind the pillar to see if it will take more than one person at once.

    e: ah ok

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Most astute, Gisard. You, Bran and Pomme are now within the circular room.

    The only things of note are the large lever and, perhaps, the doors.

    Though not strictly your field, you’d say a mechanism such as this is of a modern design, which calls into question the age of this so called Tower of Glory.

  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Holly pulls out a torch from her pack and lights it, following after the others. Noting the sudden difference in architecture, she casts around looking for clues onwards

    [1 use of adventurer's pack]

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Discern Realities

    Discern Realities:
    2d6 5 [2d6=2, 3]

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "The room is clean of obvious traps. Also, I think we're in the room adjacent to the last one, based on the look of that door over there. Maybe we just pull the lever?

    Wait, where's Holly?"

    [From now on, everyone can assume I communicate the status of any traps to the party once I find them.]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 25
    Nice preps Holly. You pop in after a quick look around, arriving snugly between Gisard and Bran.

    That new wall is solid, and dry. There’s not much you can do about it. Besides that you don’t catch anything that anyone else hasn’t seen.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard thinks aloud, "Hrmm, awfully modern lever design. I would not be sssurprised if this whole structure was conjured recently by that flashy magic man who greeted us. In any case, yes I wonder where the ssskeleton is."

    Gisard examines the southern door with the pit in it.
    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Discern Realities (WIS)

    Discern Realities (WIS):
    2d6+1 8 [2d6=2, 5]

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular


    OOC:
    Discern Realities
    Discern Realities
    When you closely study a situation or person, roll+Wis.
    ✴On a 10+, ask the GM 3 questions from the list below.
    ✴On a 7–9, ask 1.

    Either way, take +1 forward when acting on the answers.

    What happened here recently?
    What is about to happen?
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    What here is useful or valuable to me?
    Who’s really in control here?
    What here is not what it appears to be?

    Since your roll is 8, ask me one question from the list.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 25
    Seeing Holly pop in as he speaks, Gisard says "Ah, there you are."

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

    OOC:
    Discern Realities
    Discern Realities
    When you closely study a situation or person, roll+Wis.
    ✴On a 10+, ask the GM 3 questions from the list below.
    ✴On a 7–9, ask 1.

    Either way, take +1 forward when acting on the answers.

    What happened here recently?
    What is about to happen?
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    What here is useful or valuable to me?
    Who’s really in control here?
    What here is not what it appears to be?

    Since your roll is 8, ask me one question from the list.

    What should I be on the lookout for? I guess

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Wracking your (very large and efficient) reptilian brain, you deduce the key—such as it is—to the southern door will be a hefty round object that fits the pit.

    You’ll not find it in here though.

    BahamutZEROWassermeloneGrog
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Pomme is only starting to catch a breath and take in the new room as in sequence everyone pops in and starts looking around.

    Noting Fleur's interest in the lever in the center of the room, Pomme warily walks up to inspect it closely.

    "Does it smell dangerous Fleur?" (I realized I can add Fleur's stats to some of my rolls! Woo)

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Discern Realities (WIS)

    Discern Realities (WIS):
    2d6+3 7 [2d6=2, 2]

  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    OOC: Wow not a great roll despite the help lol - Sorry if I've been holding things up. I've been exceptionally busy this week and will be so until Thursday next week. Lots of family stuff

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 25
    You discern that it is a lever, so it is not itself a dangerous thing.

    Fleur is perched at the very top and leans back, her wings wafting in a slow rhythm, as if trying to pull on it.

    OOC: It’s cool, this is about the pace I expect. Especially when you’re DM is texting this from a bar.

    Also I have decided the moth is the leader of the party.

    Endless_Serpents on
    WassermeloneNips
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    With a deep sigh, Gisard trudges over to the lever of inevitability. Stares at it for a moment.

    "Well this lever is very suspicious but I don't see any alternate routes or clues this time, so let'sss just pull it."

    He pulls the lever.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 26
    As you pull the lever the floor quakes, causing you to lose your footing and cling to it for stability. Fleur springs to Pomme’s shoulder, flapping alittle to help their companion stand. The other two manage well enough to keep standing, balance is good among thieves and duellists.

    The room is being pulled upwards in horrible inch by inch jerks. The northern door was actually part of this elevator system, and is slowly being lost beneath the room, leaving an opening in its place. The southern door with the pit in it remains attached to the room.

    When the room finally comes to rest you see a cavern ahead. Wind whips through it, warm and dusty.

    The cave is covered in primitive art. I mean covered; whoever painted all these gazelles and bulls, lions and wolves knew a thing or two about climbing. Besides that a few simple, small clay figures are scattered about.

    Some ways ahead is an attempt at a pyramid. It’s about ten foot high with a flat top. On it is an ornate statue of a... dog? You’ll need to get up to it to look it over. Doesn’t look like it was made by the primitive people.

    The Fragment of Zagurah
    2whv28fsn0k7.jpeg
    x35vit4akbac.jpeg

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    OOC: Spoiler! North of this large cave section is the room with the funky mirror puzzle. When the lever was pulled both rooms got lifted up and opened. There’s not much reason to head back there, unless you think shattering a magic mirror to keep a piece is a good idea.

    Areas will cease to have one exit after this encounter. The gloves are off! Thanks for your time so far!

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited January 26
    Bran Volgut | Human Thief | 21/21 HP | Damage d8

    Bran sighs. Being pulled through an extradimensional portal is one thing; being matched with a group of strangers another. But moving rooms? Nothing messes with a thief's good sense of location more than when the environment itself doesn't cooperate.

    At least it brought them somewhere interesting. One of the reasons Bran became a rogue was to discover and explore; though in actuality he meant to "explore" other people's domiciles and "discover" their valuables.

    Ornate looking statues are almost always promising, though! But never without their own complications.

    "Funny looking statues never guard themselves. Well, mostly never; there was that one time I ran across an animated guardian statue. Let me see if there's anything else here."

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for TRAP EXPERT (DEX)
    [Is there a trap here, and if so what activates it?]

    TRAP EXPERT (DEX):
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=5, 2]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 26
    smc4wxrz7ctd.jpeg

    The simple clay figures give you a bad vibe. They’re not trapped exactly, but you don’t think taking one is a smart idea. Your keen eyes see marks in the dust, as if they’ve been moved recently along the ground.

    As the little pyramid comes into view you get a better look at the statue.

    nwggf0ucrf5l.jpeg

    Gisard, the statue has a metal orb under its paw. No matter how you tackle this situation, you have +1 to your next roll.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    OOC: A very late addition to this post. Until you say you do, none have you have stepped beyond the rocky passage and near anything of note. The pyramid is about 30 feet from you, and Bran’s out front.

    What do you do?

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Keep your guard up, ssstrange ssstatues in caves have a habit of coming to life. Archaeology is an exciting field."

    It's inconvenient being the only one without a light source, Gisard can barely see these fascinating paintings and statues in the flickering torchlight of his companions, let alone examine them properly. So he taps the butt of his staff on the floor and a steady blue-white light begins shining from its head. He then examines the clay figures, dog statue and cave paintings, seeing if he recognizes anything about them. He doesn't touch anything or attempt to climb the pyramid.

    OOC: Can geth do more than one roll per post? I'm assuming not, do you want a roll for casting the light cantrip?

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Spout Lore about the paintings and statues

    Spout Lore about the paintings and statues:
    2d6+3 11 [2d6=2, 6]

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ooc: eh yeah I guess I should roll for the light

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Cast a Spell

    Cast a Spell:
    2d6+2 6 [2d6=2, 2]

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gisard, you outdo yourself. Not that you’re one to brag. Not that you have a greater grasp of the arcane than all your old fashioned professors combined.

    The artwork indicates a simple hunter-gatherer lifestyle. However, there aren’t any images of people (lizard or otherwise), though there are small pictograms of the clay figures with lines of movement and jutting rocks near them. The positioning of the cave paintings shows the artists are capable of scaling walls.

    Therefore the clay figures laying in the cave are the primitive people. The potential for grafting intellect onto conjured elementals has been much debated, and it appears on some distant world this occurred naturally. Earth elementals, to be precise.

    You can’t get a good a read on the large dog statue on the pyramid... but as you cast Light, you go overboard. Your staff burns brilliantly, and several dancing wisps of blue and pink light wind around the cave. One lands on the dog statue’s ear. The ear twitches.

    It clumsily places the metal orb in its mouth and takes a step forward down the pyramid.

    “Treshpassers! Wa do you hwant?”, it growls through a full mouth.

    OOC: The consequence of your low roll was merely to maximise your spell. In DW not every bad roll is a fail.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran Volgut | Human Thief | 21/21 HP | Damage d8

    Bran clears his throat. "Esteemed guardian, we goodly travelers have been thrust into this tower against our will, and are simply looking for a means of escape. Can you aid us? It would seem, at face value, that the orb you hold may allow us egress."

    Bran gives the statue a slight bow as he finishes his plea.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “I yam Hao-Gou and,” the beast shifts the orb to the other side of their mouth, “and I am bound to protect this orb. I serve the Old Law—my oath is unbreakable.”

    Hao-Gou prowls down the pyramid. One of his mighty paws nearly crushes a clay figure, but with surprising gentleness he cups it with a single claw, then moves it aside. Once he reaches the ground he sits back and gazes forward. There’s an emptiness to his eyes, as if looking through you.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    [OOC: How big is Hao-Gou?]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 27
    8jf8rsq1btq4.jpeg
    OOC: Like this, but the head is larger, like the proportions of a buffalo.

    Edit: I have no idea if that is photoshopped but look at that doggo!

    Endless_Serpents on
    Nips
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 27
    ooc: looks like a tibetan mastiff, but they don't get THAT big, the man is probably photoshooped in yeah. In fact he definitely is, he isn't casting a shadow.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 27
    OOC: I figured so.

    I’d like to point out the clay figures aren’t moving. When Hao-Gou moved one it didn’t show any signs of life either.

    So, what do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited January 27
    Shwing "What do the old laws say to a duel?" Holly swishes her rapier dramatically. "Surely your oath would be meaningless if you cannot defeat a trespasser such as I?"

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Throw Down the Gauntlet

    edit: lmao

    Thrown:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=1, 4]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Nips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 28
    “Oh ho ho ho ho!”, the beast roars with laughter, “A little wuxia hero!”

    Hao-Gou doesn’t so much pounce as become, moving so fast none of you can react. He misses though, landing just inches from you.

    The shockwave sends you all flying! Pomme, you lose your torch as you fall back against a stalagmite.

    Each one of you takes 4 piercing damage! That ignores your armour!

    Hao-Gou snuffs your torch Pomme, then drops his huge head low, squinting at the rocky ground.

    “A duel is a most lawful act, but I cannot accept.”, the beast lets out a whine, “This is not right... but if it must be this way, do not face me alone.”

    Geth roll 1d4 for Shockwave

    Shockwave:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "GAH!" Gisard yells as he is blown back into the wall. "Wait! WAIT! Guardian Hao-Gou, we don't wish to fight if you are willing to speak with usss, despite what the pale thin one said. Perhaps with more information we can find a way to leave without your ball!"

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The beast’s turns away from you Gisard.

    “I cannot give it to you... But why do you need it?”

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "There is a door in the room behind us with an orb-shaped socket in it, we had assumed such an object might be placed in it to open the door and let usss proceed. Were you aware that your cavern isss now part of a powerful wizard's labyrinth? Was it always thus, or did he perhapsss rip it from another place, as he did each of us?"

    BahamutZERO.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.