As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I hate everything about that.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Hey, that reminds me of @Pixelated Pixie's favorite image!
    217514671_xcyao-1050x10000.jpg

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular

Choke Pixie? Double crouch? is that just prone?

steam_sig.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    No, it's double crouch.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I hate everything about that.

I just occasionally need to encourage someone's eyes to bleed and yours happen to be the easiest.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Shitty Horrible Obscene Distasteful Awful Nasty Config

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Ahh, yes. SHODANC

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    lg8w9hS.jpg

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    How is Shodan back after System Shock 2?

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Backup?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    She had a fork of herself or somesuch hidden inside one of the escapees from the Von Braun, remember?

Finally managed to beat Slay The Spire with the Silent. My first few attempts with the Silent were horrible after beating the game with the Ironclad. I'm still having a lot of fun with it. Next up, whatever the 3rd class is!

steam_sig.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    She had a fork of herself or somesuch hidden inside one of the escapees from the Von Braun, remember?

I do not. She was in the space station in System Shock 1 and that floated away into deep space. It was rediscovered in System Shock 2 and the crew stupidly plugged her into Xerxes.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Finally managed to beat Slay The Spire with the Silent. My first few attempts with the Silent were horrible after beating the game with the Ironclad. I'm still having a lot of fun with it. Next up, whatever the 3rd class is!

Hey man, join us in the Slay the Spire thread! We've got all the secret strats for each character, cards, and relics.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page

I do not. She was in the space station in System Shock 1 and that floated away into deep space. It was rediscovered in System Shock 2 and the crew stupidly plugged her into Xerxes.

and by "floated away" you mean "was somehow fired directly at the Tau Ceti system at a quarter of the speed of light", considering the time and distance involved.

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular

and by "floated away" you mean "was somehow fired directly at the Tau Ceti system at a quarter of the speed of light", considering the time and distance involved.

Also, it wasn't all of Citadel Station, it was just the grove modules where SHODAN was growing her mutants. You jettison them from the station prematurely from Saturn orbit to prevent them from being sent to Earth, and somehow they end up landing on a planet in the next star system.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »

Also, it wasn't all of Citadel Station, it was just the grove modules where SHODAN was growing her mutants. You jettison them from the station prematurely from Saturn orbit to prevent them from being sent to Earth, and somehow they end up landing on a planet in the next star system.

Wormholes.
    Also how the things got in the crew in System Shock 2.
    Hey-oh!
    Yeah, that was awful.
    @Karoz
    You thought I was going to @ CorriganX, didn't you?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    edited March 2019
    That said, the Fridge Logic page on TV Tropes does offer one possible explanation which is... audacious, definitely, but IMO makes a certain amount of sense:
    Right at the end, SHODAN starts to go full reality-warper, using the Von Braun's FTL drive (which actually operates on that principle) as only she can. Perhaps she plucked Beta Grove from somewhere in Sol's borderlands and set it down relatively gently on Tau Ceti V, establishing a temporal loop - she's found there because she already was, and has to be. The impossible becomes true, in order to establish/maintain her existence and ascension.
    And that's about all she manages to do before Goggles says "Nah" and BLAM. :)

Commander Zoom on
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Talus9952 wrote: »

Hey man, join us in the Slay the Spire thread! We've got all the secret strats for each character, cards, and relics.

I did subscribe to the thread, but I haven't stopped by yet! I will at some point!

steam_sig.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    6:00 a.m.

That same nondescript room, somewhere in the sticks of Michigan

...finally. You see, that's what happens when you decide to go dose up on catnip and start rolling around on the master control table- I take a sabbatical and you all get kitten-watching duty. Now, then, are we clear as to what exactly we're going to do for a scoreboard?

Huh? A lead? Where?

Los Angeles?

...I don't care, I don't want to know. Just get those results up and posted and sent off before I have a raging, twitching furball down here, yeah?

And keep looking. We're not done yet.

Elsewhere:

Los Angeles, CA: the highway near Dodger Stadium...

g6a3urn2ec0p.jpg

Passersby slowed to a stop as they could only look up and gawk- they'd apparently been unable to tell when the next Dodgers home game was at a glance, but at least they knew now that the Schooners were kicking all sorts of behind in the Backlog Competition...

...to be continued?

All results good as of 6:30 a.m. 3/19/19.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    More thoughts on DMC HD:

The game is still really good, but man does it have some warts. The platforming in this game is unforgivably awful. If you run up to a ledge and jump, it seems random if your character will jump in the direction you're holding the stick, or jump straight up, or perform a scripted leap forward, or just drop down off the platform. Double jumps seem even more random in their directionality. I hope they improved in 2 and 3.

There are surprisingly few bosses in this game. There's only 3 bosses and then the final boss, with those first three bosses each recycled 3 times.

Also, it feels like they may have cut some weapon content from the game too, what with the Sparda sword not having a devil trigger mode outside of the final fight.

Overall the game was pretty short, but I think the length was correct; it felt complete and it didn't overstay its welcome.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Iolo wrote: »
    lg8w9hS.jpg

Here's one for the Batman Arkham games:
    BatmanController.jpg

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    For the love of god, please stop @'ing me with controller schemes. /sob/

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    For the love of god, please stop @'ing me with controller schemes. /sob/

Shhhh no tears

Only dreams now.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Key for Reus
    Loading...?

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Key for Renowned Explorers
    Loading...?

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YLMk1E41kE"

here's the ending for system shock 2, spoilers obs

It's funny to me how Looking Glass made some of the best game endings ever, and had one of the absolute greatest and most amazingly acted characters in a game (love me some Garrett)...and then there's System Shock 2 =p.
    The "nah" gets me every time.

vamen on
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    vamen wrote: »
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YLMk1E41kE"

here's the ending for system shock 2, spoilers obs

It's funny to me how Looking Glass made some of the best game endings ever, and had one of the absolute greatest and most amazingly acted characters in a game (love me some Garrett)...and then there's System Shock 2 =p.
    The "nah" gets me every time.
    Oh. that's because Ken Levine had some grandiose ending about the player putting complete trust in shodan and being betrayed and murdered at the end, and the rest of the devs fucking hated it, so they snuck that ending in last minute to tell Levine to go piss off.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Haha, I never knew that.

System Shock 3 makes me have hope we'll get a proper new Thief. Ah, to dream.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    New Curve Digital Humble Bundle:

$1:
    • Serial Cleaner
    • Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
    • The Little Acre

BTA:
    • Human: Fall Flat
    • Smoke and Sacrifice
    • Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure

$15:
    • For The King
    • Bomber Crew

Definitely go for BTA, Human Fall Flat and Smoke and Sacrifice are excellent.

I wish For the King was cheaper, Ed keeps bringing up coop fun times.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    ITAD says For The King by itself is $8 at both GamersGate and AllYouPlay(?) right now.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Man..I really need to clean my floor vent.

Its like a dark souls dungeon in there.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Chrono.gg is keeping their streak going. Yakuza 0 for $12.49 (it's the second time theyve offered it at steep discount)

x3j7hhez9cww.jpg

Glass Masquerade
    is a chill puzzle pieces games that sticks to its beautiful theme to provide some very intricate puzzles.

The setup is simple: you're visiting the various exhibits from various countries and need to put them back together, without knowing what it looks like. Each is a glass stained clock, with the mechanisms still functioning (and shows how long you've been working on a puzzle) with various pieces on dials around the board. The game will start off with a few hints: red pieces that have their spots already highlighted to get you going. Of course the border is easy enough to follow as well, but after that all bets are off. The idle pieces will only show their profiles and will spin to their proper alignment so what you thought was a border piece does not work at all. The puzzles are ranked from 1 to 5 stars in difficulty and this is reflected in the number of pieces and oddness of their shapes. Given time you'll work your way to completion and bask in the beauty of each piece. Overall the puzzles took me from 3 to 15 minutes to complete.

It isn't a perfect game though, you can get lucky for letting go of a piece can be in the right spot while a piece that clearly fits is flung back to its place on the border instead of put in. The clock apparatus, while interesting in its own right, can sometimes block outlines making it needlessly difficult to determine the outline you are looking for (though it does fade out when you have a piece selected). However, the real problem is the piece wheel on the sides as spinning one will spin the same one on the other side like a huge dial--which would be fine if they actually shared pieces. It took me awhile to realize that each bar has its own pool of pieces making the correspondence just a misleading coincidence, or merely trying to add difficulty.

Still this isn't enough to sabotage how nice Glass Masquerade is and I recommend you check it out. Unfortunately the bundle deal on Fanatical has expired otherwise I'd pass out a few copies myself.

Thanks again for the gift @Isorn

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Yeah had lots of fun with this game. Even happier that it supported touch as well. Although it is much better/precise with a mouse. I honestly didn't realize that the clock was keeping time on how long it took you to solve a puzzle. I figured it was the actual time being displayed.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

GitHub

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Yeah had lots of fun with this game. Even happier that it supported touch as well. Although it is much better/precise with a mouse. I honestly didn't realize that the clock was keeping time on how long it took you to solve a puzzle. I figured it was the actual time being displayed.

Oh ha I just assumed it was going by the time it took. I guess I better actually look at the time next time. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.