Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    The first pet I grew was a helminth named Zergling. If I could deage him and let him run around the ship instead I would in a heartbeat.

You could always ... you know ... get infected again using a frame that hasn't been infected with space herpes and then get another Kubrow egg, and another set of resources to make another one (including the incubator core), and a stasis slot, oh and then ... then you wait for the little bugger to pop out. Yeah ... after saying all of that I can understand your pain.

I have the segment installed that lets me not spend a ton of cash on my Helminth ... named KuuJoh ... and that sucker rarely comes out because until I level and then forma him (which requires another round of leveling) he's not much use to me right now. He doesn't suck up nearby mods and resources (except cash amirite). I have thought about making a new puppy version to run around the ship but when am I gonna have the time for that.

Off Topic:
    Speaking of which ... I really ... REALLY ... dislike that in order to make a weapon more powerful I have to forma and relevel that weapon multiple times. Even after I put a catalyst in that weapon. At least if I could add several forma at a time it would be worth my time investment. Yeah, I do realize that it is ultimately worth the investment because I can kill higher level enemies but man ... making me relevel that weapon is kinda ... meh. If it were up to me I would make it so that every forma only resets 10 levels on the weapon and you can add up to three at a time. So if you apply one forma your weapon goes back to level 20, add two and it goes back to 10 and add three and it goes back to level 0. But I guess that goes against the grain of the game having you spend hours doing the same thing over and over again. People actually call that 'content' ... yeah.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Yup that second fortuna bounty takes care of a few things - its basically sub-3 minutes, so its your best chance to get various (cough - atmo systems) rewards, as well as picking up probably multiple sets of the strain mods, since you have 4 chances at them per mission

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    As your account level goes up, having your stuff delevel becomes increasingly meaningless. At 16 every weapon I put a potato into can already fit Serration and Split Chamber off the bat.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

I'd say there's only about 2 1/2 good Kubrow breeds, plus the Hemlith Charger. Huras is the best stealth companion by far, and Raksa is basically a Taxion with Nekros' Terrify and better survivability. The half are the two breeds with a finisher for one of their precipts; the other ability is mediocre or extremely situational but the finisher is amazing if they use it on one of the nastier baddies (which I think their AI tries to do. Emphasis on "tries.") Chesa is the truly bad breed; disarm exactly one enemy or desecrate exactly one corpse with a cooldown for both that rates "why even bother?"

I REALLY want a damn Huras to run with Limbo, for that sweet sweet "I'm not as good at Ivara at this but I guess I can run faster!?" occasional poofing. But Huras is the ONE type I've never gotten out of RNG :\

(... I think I've got a level 0 Raksa in stasis...? I'll have to check. I have absolutely no use for the other types; I've tried all but the Huras and they're all super lame.)

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Yeah, Mastery Rank is a hell of a drug, with a potato installed, there is 6 mod capacity of difference between an unleveled weapon and a maxed weapon for me.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm pretty spoiled, since I'm MR24. I feel like I should be able to rank up to 25 pretty soon since there's been a couple new frames and quite a few weapons since my last rank up.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i've been MR 16 for... i don't know how long. 5 months? i just don't have any desire to rank up since i had a problem with the test the couple of times i tried it. although, i could see the new zoomy melee slam thing being a help.
    i also have a helminth pupper in my orbiter (her name is wiggles and she is adorable) that i'm not gonna make grow p once i learned pets have maintenance.
    i am the master of not leveling.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    But once you get the Link Armor Shields Health mods and Forma your cat/dog enough that they can use them, they become unstoppable killing machines that never die and DO contribute. Like, I use Link Health and Armor on my Kavat when I'm Inaros (And a regular shield mod) and my cat has *more HP than Inaros*.

Where do you find the slots for that? Once I've put on the massive multiplicative damage mods, the precepts, and fetch, I'm pretty much out of slots.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    remember the old days when mastery rank didn't affect mod capacity on a forma'd weapon and you had to restart from square 1 every time

yeah i don't miss that at all

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    jothki wrote: »
    But once you get the Link Armor Shields Health mods and Forma your cat/dog enough that they can use them, they become unstoppable killing machines that never die and DO contribute. Like, I use Link Health and Armor on my Kavat when I'm Inaros (And a regular shield mod) and my cat has *more HP than Inaros*.

Where do you find the slots for that? Once I've put on the massive multiplicative damage mods, the precepts, and fetch, I'm pretty much out of slots.

There are tradeoffs involved. I don't run all the offensive mods on my space cats, leaving out Sharpened Claws and Pounce usually, to fit on the utility and durability mods.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    As your account level goes up, having your stuff delevel becomes increasingly meaningless. At 16 every weapon I put a potato into can already fit Serration and Split Chamber off the bat.

I will say at MR10 it becomes annoying because I have to level everything to 10 before I start seeing increases that let me fit more things in. Can't imagine having to wait 20 levels to start seeing an increase.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

I will say at MR10 it becomes annoying because I have to level everything to 10 before I start seeing increases that let me fit more things in. Can't imagine having to wait 20 levels to start seeing an increase.

Yeah, but once you get to mastery rank 20+ you start off with enough capacity esp if potato'd that you can generally fit enough mods to get a gun at least usable. If you're formaing a weapon multiple times it gets to the point where you do another forma and don't even lose any mods

Cause back then having to wait for like 7-14 ranks due to formas being a full reset just to fit in serration/hornet strike etc was pretty awful and a big reason why people went all in on affinity farm spots like Draco where you could press 4 a bunch and level weapons fast

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    you're definitely in the gawky pre-teen phase, where they give you just enough to realize that you can't do much with the 10 slots of space given to you for free (ALMOST one entire maxed mod! Thanks!) once you're 20+ and you've got potatoes for days, you can basically do a complete build out that will wreck shit, but you know at 30, will probably just be that much better.

edit: I know I've posted this before long ago, but I really want to see what they've got up their sleeve for MR 31

hush on
    This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular

But at level 20 whatever you are using is that much deadlier out of the gate. Most weapons have at least one polarity slot so you can almost always squeeze in the primary damage mod plus a little extra.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The one Kubrow that will dig up like 75 energy periodically is real handy too.

• Options
    I have a very important question.

How do I know whether I've already bought and used a Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment?

Because I may have already done it. Not sure. It's 15,000 to replicate from the clan and them 100,000 to craft and I don't want to go that far and then be told "you've already used this lol."

I suppose I could go to pull a dog out of stasis and see if it says it will take a few hours?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Yeah, Sahasa Kubrows are legit - definitely hear Brozime and some other warframe streamers talk about how good they are and people ignore them for buff kitties.

• Options
    I pulled one out of stasis and it happened instantly, but on the stasis menu it now says "time remaining to recover from stasis" with a half hour wait. Does that mean I do not have that upgrade segment installed yet?

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how the melee changes work with the Synth set? Can you do crazy things like repeatedly swapping between melee and Synth Charge-boosted shots?

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Hey I fully intended to go double cat with Khora almost from the start. And the buffs play really well with my melee builds.

Plus you don't have to show space cats any affection at all and they still love you/kill stuff.

Random thought occurred to me; I've been thinking of putting 2 60% elementals on Venari for ~66% status, but I guess I could put one or two more on for even more status. Gonna have to strip out even more survivability mods, but at least Venari is re-summonable.

• Options
    I pulled one out of stasis and it happened instantly, but on the stasis menu it now says "time remaining to recover from stasis" with a half hour wait. Does that mean I do not have that upgrade segment installed yet?

you do not have the segment installed, then

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Recently got back into this after wanting to see all the new changes, still a really fun game! Would anyone mind please re-inviting me to the PC clan? Name is firewaterword there too. Thanks!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    On Khora I run Venari and a doggo because I like the Mecha set.

QUeZivY.jpg

yUUoGA0.jpg

I assure you these two are getting stuff done no matter what stage of the game it is, and they both lifesteal for me and I lifesteal for them. It's a nice symbiotic circle.

If they remake Vauban to have a unique moa pet with an artillery gun or something I will run a moa pet with him.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    hush wrote: »
    Yup that second fortuna bounty takes care of a few things - its basically sub-3 minutes, so its your best chance to get various (cough - atmo systems) rewards, as well as picking up probably multiple sets of the strain mods, since you have 4 chances at them per mission

Once you get moderately geared up, the profit taker isn't that much slower, and IMO is less tedious than mission 2. Also, drops a lot more credits/resources

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

At MR25 I can fit all sorts of shit on a weapon right out of the gate/right after forma'ing. It's great, I never have to worry about a new weapon/frame feeling weak (especially when it's tater'd)

Sev and I were doing the entire run from accepting the bounty, going out of fortuna, finishing it, returning to Fortuna, and accepting the bounty again, in 2 and a half minutes. It probably took as long to type this part of the post as it does to do the bounty.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Profit taker just isnt fun. It's very obviously tuned against Chroma and other hyper minmax shit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Profit taker just isnt fun. It's very obviously tuned against Chroma and other hyper minmax shit.

It's an interesting fight that is a departure from a lot of other fights in the game. I appreciate it in small portions but it's not something I'm going to want to run several times a day for weeks on end. When it did come out it was the best source of Fortuna Quills rep so I hit it pretty hard, but now that Exploiter is out and her toroids are worth 2x the Chrisma ones your time is better spent there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Once you get moderately geared up, the profit taker isn't that much slower, and IMO is less tedious than mission 2. Also, drops a lot more credits/resources

ya for sure, but if you're looking for the strain stuff specifically, then 2 is prob still the way to go

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

I'm not sure what you mean by tedious. But while phase 2 not easy on the scale of easiness, it's alot easier and forgiving than phase 4. As in I can solo phase 2 reliably in ~5 minutes. I doubt I'd even be able to do phase 4 in the time alotted.

And we have a different definition of "moderately geared"

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Every time I run Profit-Taker I regret it. It's not only terribly unrewarding, but it's inevitably a laggy mess.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    Every time I run Profit-Taker I regret it. It's not only terribly unrewarding, but it's inevitably a laggy mess.

y e a h that's tbh the other big thing keeping me from even trying. When I finally build my new PC (ughhh it's gonna take me forever to do this research) I'll be able to, but right now the ol Aluminum Falcon just rattles and makes the WOMP WOMP HYPERDRIVE FAILURE noise.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    profit taker, done at fastest speed is still many times slower than the 2nd bounty, which can be done in 1 minute 50 seconds including load times.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    I went ahead and bought Plogg because it has a nice normalish bass and the most normal-sounding lead, which is useful for regular melodic stuff.

I made a song, can't post video from Switch but it's heavily based on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2l-sIVZtos&index=4&list=PLA468E2813CF52C60

Did my best to copy the bassline, and then made up something to go with it as the lead.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Bah! My game crashed, but somebody mentioned Glaive stance mods, blah blah; I just got baby's first Glaive and I'd love some Stance mods to put on it.

(going to bed now tho)

*edit* My current Mandachord plan is to pester @EidolonOrpheus to do something for me. Maybe. >>;

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Bah! My game crashed, but somebody mentioned Glaive stance mods, blah blah; I just got baby's first Glaive and I'd love some Stance mods to put on it.

(going to bed now tho)

*edit* My current Mandachord plan is to pester @EidolonOrpheus to do something for me. Maybe. >>;

I'll be on for another 5 minutes or so if you want those stances, otherwise I'll catchya tomorrow probably..

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    If you hold the capture button on Switch it will save a video instead of a screenshot, default is 30 seconds I think?

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Last I checked Warframe blocks all video capture on Switch.

Possibly for performance reasons.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Up to 85 Gyromag Systems!

Still only have 4 Atmo Systems >_<

• Options
    How does this look for an Octavia build? I know duration and range is really important, but I also have a hard time leaving behind things like armor and health...

https://goo.gl/JMdirx

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    How does this look for an Octavia build? I know duration and range is really important, but I also have a hard time leaving behind things like armor and health...

https://goo.gl/JMdirx

Armor is wasted on most non-tank frames since their base armor isn't enough to make good use of steel fibre and the like. Octavia can be invisible 100% of the time, so if you're not getting hit then you don't need armor. Power strength is important on her as well since it determines how much damage is returned to enemies from your 1. Octavia also gets a speed boost from her 3 if you do any amount of jumping, so Rush in the exilus slot can be replaced by something with more utility.

I don't have the knowledge or patience to come up with my own builds so I just copy people who do.

https://youtu.be/rPBNq2lOoVY

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.