Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Oh I didn’t understand how that all worked. Good to know that it’s still available.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I... really like the Phantasma... might even use a forma on it. so pretty.

Also may even get 100 fissure points. Not sure if I'll bother fighting the boss though, but I've come a long way from "I'm not going to bother with this event." so... yeah.

The Phantasma is real, real good with a couple Forma in. REAL good. Just make sure you got Carrier along with, because holy shit if you thought the Amprex ate ammo...

Yea, I've been using carrier with it. Almost makes me regret not getting the primed shotgun ammo mutation though. Amprex has like 4 formas in it, so with its output I have to be pretty deep in before I run into ammo issues.

Right now I'm running multishot and just more radiation damage (needed kills for that yesterday), and just standing in one place lobbing secondary fire was pretty amusing and purdy during the defend the container steps.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    hush wrote: »
    watch it get nerfed into the grounnnnnd tomorrow.

Over the image size limit, try embedding it as a gifv like this.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Come get your disposition updates. Most kitguns were nerfed unsurprisingly.
    https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1078776-april-2019-riven-disposition-updates/

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    My poor Tiberon Prime...

My Detron riven escaped unharmed though. Doom for all!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Man, the syandana in the prime pack is amazing, but boy is everything prime access a terrible deal compared to all the coupons I get (and in fact I got a 75% today).

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    I envy your luck. I haven't gotten a 75% coupon in years. That 40% yesterday was the best in a long time, and Prime Access is still more efficient.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Apparently, based on comments and tweets, PC is going to be getting a mainline update later this week for PoE 2.0.

Not sure if it will make the grind better, but it's suppose to make the plains prettier and easier to run.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I wonder if we're getting the PoE floofs with this update.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Apparently, based on comments and tweets, PC is going to be getting a mainline update later this week for PoE 2.0.

Not sure if it will make the grind better, but it's suppose to make the plains prettier and easier to run.

Honestly, before the 2nd orb made every fortuna mat ever trivial, PoE was always much easier to stockpile mats to level up. A single night's worth of fishing was a few days worth of standing. Ditto a single tridolon

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Honestly, before the 2nd orb made every fortuna mat ever trivial, PoE was always much easier to stockpile mats to level up. A single night's worth of fishing was a few days worth of standing. Ditto a single tridolon

I have far, far, FAR more Eidolon Cores than I can ever hope to spend on Standing. Like, I get them faster than I can spend up to the daily cap.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Come get your disposition updates. Most kitguns were nerfed unsurprisingly.
    https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1078776-april-2019-riven-disposition-updates/

Holy crap. My two most overpowered rivens were Hikou and Cernos. Now they're downright upsetting.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    My poor poor Arca Plasmor riven

It just keeps getting worse and worse

But at least my Dread now has a 202% Crit chance.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Dakkareth wrote: »
    I envy your luck. I haven't gotten a 75% coupon in years. That 40% yesterday was the best in a long time, and Prime Access is still more efficient.

It's really weird. These are apparently supposed to be rare but between 50 and 75% coupons, I think I have landed almost 10 in less than 300 days. I've left most of them go by without getting any plat. Not sure what to do with this one, maybe the money would be better spent on some Tennogen.
    Spoit wrote: »

That's kind of never been my experience. I maxed Fortuna rep super quick, because you went mining for fifteen minutes and came back with a day's worth of minerals, plus conservation is significantly quicker than fishing. My attempts to get Cetus rep were super boring and super time consuming. Hell, I've gone through the entire max rank of Fortuna like 5 or 6 times without actually making an effort, yet I'm still at rank 4 in Cetus.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    THIS is why IDGAF about April fools ... people trolling in recruiting thinking oh that's funny I just wasted your time. If I could find you in real life I would make you disappear.

While I understand it can be aggravating and I think April Fool's is as dumb as the next person, I think this response is a wee bit extreme. Perhaps avoiding recruiting for today, or even going entirely solo, might be a good idea.

It is okay to FEEL anger in a moment. It is also okay to admit that in that moment your anger got the better of you. But in that moment I wished all April Fools would disappear and I stand by my statement made in that moment. However, I do agree that 'disappear' was a rather strong, if not misused word in the context. What is NOT okay is allowing that anger to turn into action in a moment and/or fester. Get it out of your system in a non-destructive way and move on with your day. After the pranksters had their laugh I turned the game off, vented for a few minutes and went back later. Luckily, I teamed up with a guy who was looking to seal just as many fractures as I did (and he wanted to get them ALL done) and after several hours we now both have Opticor Vandals (and we're both still at MR6 WHOOT).

It actually took several hours since we couldn't complete two coolant canisters in a row. If we managed to make it all the way to four fractures on a can and returned to Solaris United the very next run somebody in the group would hard lock, the game would crash, randos would start a fresh coolant can after 2-3 fractures with the same can, host migrations would happen, the coolant can would bug out, enemies would bug out and gain invincibility, or other network related issues making actually doing four fractures with one coolant impossible. We both needed about 8 full runs but by the end of the night we had done more than 20 'runs'. So Buried Debts is buried for now ... until I decide to risk my sanity with Exploiter Orb shenanigans ... I don't think my patience is ready.

@jothki ... If you still need to run fractures I'm down to help. This may not be the case for most people but I find that having somebody that understands the process and can help you reach the goal is much eaiser that having randos who don't know what they are doing (even when you tell them what to do most don't listen) making progress much harder than it should be. Message me if you need any help.

Switch Clan: Are we making a run at the vaults in the derelict this weekend? I'm down for that since I could use some more good mods and other stuff. Let me know if Saturday afternoon/evening is a good time.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    I'm down for some derelict runs. I think Saturday early evening sounds good.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I just finished with the fractures last night, all I need is enough exploiter orb kills to get the frame parts to drop.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Well look at that. Soloing a Nightmare Mobile Defense, and ol' Wolfbutt himself and his buddies shows up. Spawns at level 35.

Too bad I was on Octavia and a tricked-out Atomos. They focused on my mallet, and between that and my Atomos I burned him down in under two minutes. Completely unharmed, and painlessly.

Thanks for the Sledge handle, ya chump! Hope to see you again soon!

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I... really like the Phantasma... might even use a forma on it. so pretty.

Also may even get 100 fissure points. Not sure if I'll bother fighting the boss though, but I've come a long way from "I'm not going to bother with this event." so... yeah.

The Phantasma is real, real good with a couple Forma in. REAL good. Just make sure you got Carrier along with, because holy shit if you thought the Amprex ate ammo...

Yea, I've been using carrier with it. Almost makes me regret not getting the primed shotgun ammo mutation though. Amprex has like 4 formas in it, so with its output I have to be pretty deep in before I run into ammo issues.

Right now I'm running multishot and just more radiation damage (needed kills for that yesterday), and just standing in one place lobbing secondary fire was pretty amusing and purdy during the defend the container steps.

Usual couple mandatory mods (PB, both MS), 3x dual stat, Ruinous Extension, punch through. So much status everywhere.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Well look at that. Soloing a Nightmare Mobile Defense, and ol' Wolfbutt himself and his buddies shows up. Spawns at level 35.

Too bad I was on Octavia and a tricked-out Atomos. They focused on my mallet, and between that and my Atomos I burned him down in under two minutes. Completely unharmed, and painlessly.

I love Atomos but I am amazed that you could do that much with it, because it EATS ammo! Have you done anything in the build to fix that somehow?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I was going to run around in the plains for a bit gathering intact sentient cores, when it placed me in a group doing a teralyst. Awesome my first time. So I decided to fly over and help. We get it just about dead and my whole squad is kicked back to cetus with none of the cores I picked up from the little bastards. Thanks for wasting 15 minutes of my time garbage open world.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I love Atomos but I am amazed that you could do that much with it, because it EATS ammo! Have you done anything in the build to fix that somehow?

Octavia has some really powerful abilities. Not sure if Wolf takes damage from abilities like Mallet but Amp and Metronome provide some really strong damage boosts to weapons.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I feel pretty lucky. Last night I bought a relic pack with syndicate standing and all 3 relics were new ones for Equinox. Between those and farming up some more with Fortuna bounties I managed to get everything except the blueprint, so that'll be tonight's project. The weapons will come whenever, but if things turn out I should be able to get Equinox made before the end of the weekend.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    Additional questions from a 200-hour newbie.

Spoiler mode thing:
    How do you increase your focus powers? I see there's a thing where I can convert one of the tiers of eidolon cores into focus points. Any other methods?

Is the default spoiler mode weapon you get from the Quills really bad? I can kill the basic eidolon flying things easily with it, but it's clearly not meant to be used against the big nasties.

The assassinate nodes for Pluto and the derelict appear to require some kind of currency in order to run them. Am I right in assuming other missions on those same planets reward the necessary currencies?

• Options

Spoiler mode thing:
    How do you increase your focus powers? I see there's a thing where I can convert one of the tiers of eidolon cores into focus points. Any other methods?

Is the default spoiler mode weapon you get from the Quills really bad? I can kill the basic eidolon flying things easily with it, but it's clearly not meant to be used against the big nasties.

The assassinate nodes for Pluto and the derelict appear to require some kind of currency in order to run them. Am I right in assuming other missions on those same planets reward the necessary currencies?
    If you've got a lens installed you'll earn focus points for that school. In your Operator menu on the Orbiter you look at the Focus menu and assign points you've earned. Enter your primary school and mousing over each ability you'll see a button prompt to add focus points (or unlock). Each ability has multiple tiers and get stronger as they're powered up, but also cost slots, which you buy with focus (when your not mousing over an ability.

The Mote is pretty terrible, even building the 1-1-1 (first accessible modular pieces for an amp) is a big upgrade. Just name sure to gild it for another stat boost when it hits 30 (requires rank 3 with Quills)

Pluto requires Ambulas nav beacons, which drop from a special type of Burser (I think its mission level dependent, not planet). Honestly your best bet is to check the wiki for Ambulas and see how to farm the keys.

Derelict requires the assassination key crafted, which requires special Nav coordinates (which drop in the derelict missions), I think you need 5 per to make the key.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Octavia has some really powerful abilities. Not sure if Wolf takes damage from abilities like Mallet but Amp and Metronome provide some really strong damage boosts to weapons.

He does take damage from Mallet. :D

Amusingly, this was my Atomos build at the time; I've got it set up for ruining a Corpus man's day. And all his adjacent buddies. And that guy, over there, too.
    BDBBE32B182E18539292EAC08F521CF071753117

My Wolf fight was literally:
    Octavia 3 for invisibility
    Octavia 1 (Mallet) for aggro-draw and reflected damage
    Octavia 4 for some bonus damage (+80% damage, at most, not really a lot by comparison)
    Point Atomos at Wolf until dead. And then his buddies.

My Mallet was only doing a couple hundred damage per tick (I run a low-Strength Octavia for general usage). But between that and the Atomos, he melted in short order.

As for ammo management, I typically run Carrier. Why bother with pickups and bullet cans when your little buddy can handle it for you?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I got jumped last night solo while running spy for nightwave.

I ended up going invisible and firing Artemis Bow point blank into face for ten seconds until he fell over dead. It was very satisfying to do that much damage.

I finally got a drop off the jerk too.

On the other hand, I still don't have Scorch. It's the only dual status mod I don't have, drops from spy, and I have never gotten one. Not while farming Ivara and not since.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I got jumped last night solo while running spy for nightwave.

I ended up going invisible and firing Artemis Bow point blank into face for ten seconds until he fell over dead. It was very satisfying to do that much damage.

I finally got a drop off the jerk too.

On the other hand, I still don't have Scorch. It's the only dual status mod I don't have, drops from spy, and I have never gotten one. Not while farming Ivara and not since.

Did you yell "ARTEMIS BOW!" every time? This is important.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »

Spoiler mode thing:

If you've got a lens installed you'll earn focus points for that school. In your Operator menu on the Orbiter you look at the Focus menu and assign points you've earned. Enter your primary school and mousing over each ability you'll see a button prompt to add focus points (or unlock). Each ability has multiple tiers and get stronger as they're powered up, but also cost slots, which you buy with focus (when your not mousing over an ability.

The Mote is pretty terrible, even building the 1-1-1 (first accessible modular pieces for an amp) is a big upgrade. Just name sure to gild it for another stat boost when it hits 30 (requires rank 3 with Quills)

Pluto requires Ambulas nav beacons, which drop from a special type of Burser (I think its mission level dependent, not planet). Honestly your best bet is to check the wiki for Ambulas and see how to farm the keys.

Derelict requires the assassination key crafted, which requires special Nav coordinates (which drop in the derelict missions), I think you need 5 per to make the key.

The nav beacons only drop from Corpus missions on Pluto with the outdoor tileset.
    Every couple of minutes a dropship will come and it might or might not contain an ambulas.

Personally I've had the most luck with the Defense mission.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    So I just unlocked Spoiler mode, which seems neat but like...when would you actually use it?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Spoiler mode is used for:
    1)Zippy zippy warp zoom
    2)Zenurik energy regen fields
    3)Sentient killing
    4)Fashion
    5)More ways to pew pew pew

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    So I just unlocked Transference, which seems neat but like...when would you actually use it?

Pre-War Within Spoiler Mode is a "Oh sh!t" button.

Post WW Spoiler Mode is typically meant for fighting Sentients and Eidolons. It *can* also be used for various buffs and effects (Popular one being the Zenurik energy restore bubble) but can take a LOT of grinding.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Spoiler mode is used for:
    1)Zippy zippy warp zoom
    2)Zenurik energy regen fields
    3)Sentient killing
    4)Fashion
    5)More ways to pew pew pew

6)Healing teammates and giving them temporary invincibility

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    So I just unlocked Spoiler mode, which seems neat but like...when would you actually use it?

Do you still have the HOVER IN THE AIR WITH A LONG COOLDOWN mode, or have you gotten to "Woo! I have LEGS!" yet?

(The latter is way more useful)
    In addition to what @Polaritie said, when you're in the first version of spoiler mode, you are invulnerable to damage. Your Warframe also regenerates shields when you do this.

In the second version, you're not invulnerable by default, but if you use Crouch, you enter something called Void Mode, in which you ARE invulnerable and invisible. This depletes your Focus Gauge while you're in it, but, like, again: invulnerable and invincible. You can later unlock things which let you improve this mode in the Focus Tree.

The point for both of them is that if you're in a pinch and about to die, you can pop out of your Warframe and be like "haha suckers, I am temporarily immortal!" You can also ressurect players/pets in both versions, so if you want to be completely safe while rezzing folks, it's a GREAT way to do that.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Full spoiler mode or just chest beam spoiler mode?

Chest beam is a nice little damage nuke during which you are invulnrable. Useful when you're getting overwhelmed.

Full spoiler mode is super useful once you get some goodies.
    When in operator mode your Warframe is invulnrable, and when crouched (void mode) so are you. Useful for avoiding damage mechanics, rezzing folks, capturing targets, hacking etc.
    Once you get a better amp you can do some serious damage as well, useful for fighting harder mobs since you can pop out of void mode, zap, and duck back in.
    And you get operator arcanes that heal your Warframe when switching to and from operator.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

Do you still have the HOVER IN THE AIR WITH A LONG COOLDOWN mode, or have you gotten to "Woo! I have LEGS!" yet?

(The latter is way more useful)
    In addition to what @Polaritie said, when you're in the first version of spoiler mode, you are invulnerable to damage. Your Warframe also regenerates shields when you do this.

In the second version, you're not invulnerable by default, but if you use Crouch, you enter something called Void Mode, in which you ARE invulnerable and invisible. This depletes your Focus Gauge while you're in it, but, like, again: invulnerable and invincible. You can later unlock things which let you improve this mode in the Focus Tree.

The point for both of them is that if you're in a pinch and about to die, you can pop out of your Warframe and be like "haha suckers, I am temporarily immortal!" You can also ressurect players/pets in both versions, so if you want to be completely safe while rezzing folks, it's a GREAT way to do that.

This is really helpful, thanks.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    One of these days I'm gonna start using Naramon more. Got some really interesting stuff in there for melee focused builds.

• Options
    Depending on your school there are some cool passives too.

I switched to Naramon to max out the one that makes my melee combo counter only degrade by 5. Mix that with drifting contact (makes the degrade only happen after 13 seconds of not hitting stuff) and I can build a combo and keep it for a whole mission.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the advice folks; I ended up buying Nidus, since its abilities looked the most interesting out of the frames mentioned.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    novaspike wrote: »
    Depending on your school there are some cool passives too.

I switched to Naramon to max out the one that makes my melee combo counter only degrade by 5. Mix that with drifting contact (makes the degrade only happen after 13 seconds of not hitting stuff) and I can build a combo and keep it for a whole mission.
    There's also the one where going into void mode increases your critical chance (which persists after leaving void mode), and void dash opens enemies up to finishers.

This discussion has been closed.