Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    The rank 29 reward is something that's both too good to use and too specialized to make a meaningful difference if you do use it.
    I dunno, like, for anything even sorta armor tanky those mods go on every build, and they cost a lot of energy. The energy saved with an umbral forma will probably save you a releveling and it'll leave you more room to customize your build.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    The rank 29 reward is something that's both too good to use and too specialized to make a meaningful difference if you do use it.
    I dunno, like, for anything even sorta armor tanky those mods go on every build, and they cost a lot of energy. The energy saved with an umbral forma will probably save you a releveling and it'll leave you more room to customize your build.

It goes on every build, but it also goes on exactly one build. I'm probably never going to use mine unless we get a more reliable source for them.

• Options

It goes on every build, but it also goes on exactly one build. I'm probably never going to use mine unless we get a more reliable source for them.
    I was replying to the "too specialized to make a meaningful difference" part. I'm fairly certain I'll use mine, but deciding what frame it's most important for is definitely going to be tricky.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Uh isn't the smoking body ephemera supposed to be one of the really rare and cool drops?

The Stalker just attacked me in a random one off mission I did just now to get a nightmare exterminate out of the way and he dropped it. :o

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Uh isn't the smoking body ephemera supposed to be one of the really rare and cool drops?

The Stalker just attacked me in a random one off mission I did just now to get a nightmare exterminate out of the way and he dropped it. :o

Hell yeah, congrats!

Also, anyone know why my moa companion doesn't seem to be using it's stasis field precept? It's in the upper left slot, so it should come first. Perhaps it's being overridden by one of the various other precepts I have equipped that's being used?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Hi! I just started this and still really have no clue what I’m doing.

I’m currently crafting 3 frames (rhino frost and valkyr) and I unlocked Uranus (heh).

I kind of suck and my weapons suck and I’m not really sure what to do.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Wow that's pretty awesome for just starting. That's like...pretty dang far. Good frames cooking too.

This guy has pretty good recommendations for good weapons to work toward. Shotguns like the Hek are popular solid choices for primary. I like Atomos as a secondary, it runs out of ammo fast but has great DPS and chains to nearby enemies.

As far as what to do and how to suck less, you will want Orokin Reactors/Catalysts to increase your max mod capacity on weapons and frames from 30 to 60. And then you will want to get a lot of relics of any quality, they're common rewards from things like endless excavation and defense missions, do the relics and get forma blueprints that way. Forma adds polarities to things to make the mods cost half as much in those slots. Combine all this and you'll be able to pack a lot more damage and power into everything.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Haha, I'm just cooking Rhino this week.

Building him and a new shotgun for an Index build.

• Options

I’m currently crafting 3 frames (rhino frost and valkyr) and I unlocked Uranus (heh).

Like @UncleSporky said that's actually a good start. There are tons of new player resources (on the internet), but in general the Warframe Wiki is amazing and has way more data then you'll even see in-game. If you see a name or phrase you're unsure of, search for it there.

The biggest thing that makes frames and weapons more effective are mods. Everything else really revolves around increasing mod space ("potatoes" [orokin reactors and orokin catalyst] and forma).

As soon as you can you'll want to add basic survivability mods (armor, health, shield). It's important to note that those mods are all based on %, so if you have low base stats (i.e. armor 50 or less) means it's not really worth the mod space to try and boost those stats. For the rest of your frame space it'll be whatever you have/things that compliment your frame abilities. If you really like a frame, pop a potatoe in and get it to level 30.

Same goes for weapons. All types (shotgun, rifle, pistol, melee) have a +damage mod, so that should be your first choice. Then it can get complicated (do you want +crit, +status, multishot, etc) but in general, you can't go wrong throwing elemental mods in. They add to your total damage and certain enemies are weak to different elements. You'll notice having two different elemenral mods will combine them into a different third type.

It's up to you, but I'd focus on getting the frames and weapons you have to level 30 and fully upgrading the 'basic' mods (and the ones that you find you like!). Then as you work through the star chart you can get more mods to test out and swap in.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I want to get back into this, haven't played in almost a year, but I'm having the same problem I always have when I try to jump back into Warframe: I have no idea what I should be doing. I'm mastery rank 9 and have a good portion of the star chart unlocked, but not all of it. I finished the Second Dream a while ago but still have no idea how focus works. I haven't really done much with any faction. I barely touched POE, and I have missed Fortuna entirely. I realize you kind of set your own goals in this but some general guidance on where I should focus would be helpful.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular

Well ... now I just feel embarrassed. I haven't gotten to Uranus yet ... wait. On a more serious note, I'm JUST finishing up the last few nodes on Ceres ... yeah ... talk about a slow ninja. So yeah, just follow the advice from those two guys and you should be fine. I still need to do a TON of stuff to get stronger/better at the game so there's that. Also, remember to grab new weapon blueprints from the market for credits as you gain mastery ranks. The higher mastery locked weapons perform much MUCH better than the low-level weapons you get in the first couple of ranks.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    So I want to get back into this, haven't played in almost a year, but I'm having the same problem I always have when I try to jump back into Warframe: I have no idea what I should be doing. I'm mastery rank 9 and have a good portion of the star chart unlocked, but not all of it. I finished the Second Dream a while ago but still have no idea how focus works. I haven't really done much with any faction. I barely touched POE, and I have missed Fortuna entirely. I realize you kind of set your own goals in this but some general guidance on where I should focus would be helpful.

A good goal for you would be to unlock The War Within quest and do it. And also Saya's Vigil if you haven't already done it. Both are key to getting more out of focus and POE. After that, it's a good idea to build your first Amp before you do the later main story quests which means you'll spend some time in PoE.

Focus is basically getting more Focus lenses from POE/Fortuna bounties and slapping them onto max level frames and gear to earn points as you gain experience on those items. Then you buy more abilities with them. You can swap which school is your primary and for the most part only can use upgrades from your primary school. What school is primary is totally independent of what schools you gain points for which is solely dependent on active lenses.

Fortuna is more of a side activity though highly rewarding. There's no specific time where it's good to start it though the higher rank bounties are more difficult than a lot of the star chart content. But starting to gain rep plus more lenses, mods, and relics is a good thing to do. MOA companions are fun and Kitguns can be incredibly strong.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Oh that’s what formas are for? I’ve been doing relics and getting blueprints from those.

I also made a catalyst recently but didn’t want to waste it on a low level weapon. I just made a Hek and it’s cool. I was using Braton for a long time.

Is there space in the clan? God I could take a week off work and just go nuts on this haha.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I have had Rhino in my foundry waiting for me to pull it out for ages. It was finished and waiting long before I built Frost or Nova but he is still in my foundry while Frost and Nova are two of my favorite frames to play. And then I watched iFlynn top 10 beginner Frames video where he shows Rhino and the thing where mobs are floating the air unable to shoot at him has me thinking I should have taken Rhino out of my foundry ages ago.

• Options

It may be worth focusing on the main story missions (at the very least get to and finish The War Within; focus and transference become more relevant/useful after that).

That will require you to work through the star chart too since (I believe) at one point you have to have Mot (the Void) completed, which is one of the very last nodes (but that may be just a prereq for the last story missions).

For both PoE and Fortuna they can be tackled kind of whenever. That being said, both instances have cool stuff and the ability to get 'focus lenses', which you can added to level 30 frames and weapons to add focus to a school and unlock that school's abilities.

• Options
    Oh that’s what formas are for? I’ve been doing relics and getting blueprints from those.

I also made a catalyst recently but didn’t want to waste it on a low level weapon. I just made a Hek and it’s cool. I was using Braton for a long time.

Is there space in the clan? God I could take a week off work and just go nuts on this haha.

It should be noted that using a forma resets a weapon/frame/pet back to rank 0 and they'll need to be completely releveled.

So if you don't feel confident re-doing something or you aren't running out of mod space you can hold off on it.

The Hek is a great gun and useful until you replace it with the syndicate version at MR 12. If you want to potatoe it it's worthwhile.

Are you on PC? Which platform your on will change who lets you in.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

Keep progressing up the starchart: Once you've done War Within you will fully unlock spoiler mode and gain access to Sorties, then go find the Quills in Cetus (in a cave directly behind Konzu, need full spoiler mode to enter) to start on making spoiler mode bearable. Getting to the "end" (I.E. Mot in the void) will unlock Chains of Harrow, which will eventually lead to The Sacrifice.

Also, always try to be leveling something new so you can get Mastery XP and go up in rank so you can use newer, better-er weapons. Just make sure you don't have *everything* new, in case Stalker or the Wolf shows up. Focus is kinda secondary beyond the passive nodes unless you *really* want to make Spoiler Mode good.

They've also redone alerts, not it's Nightwave; daily and weekly challenges for rewards. You probably won't be able to get to the last rewards if you started now, but you could still get some cred for Nitan, potatoes and any auras you still need.

Beyond that, it's really about what looks it would be fun (be it weapon, warframe or game mode) and going for it. Defense or Survival tends to be the best route for resources. Relics from Void missions are always for the latest Prime Access, Fortuna and PoR bounties for the current Prime Vault (if any) Sanctuary Onslaught, if you have it unlocked, is the best for pure xp/focus farming, while Index is for credits.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Weapons aren't really divided into levels. Yes, they're tied to mastery rank, but a higher mastery rank really means very little as to the quality of the weapon. They are all over the map in terms of effectiveness, and just about anything can be made awesome with enough resources poured into it. There are choices that are better than others just due to the way the math works out, but use what you enjoy.

Braton is a good solid gun. Lex is a good solid sidearm. Oh yeah also Atterax is a good melee whip.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ignis and Atomos at MR5 are the gold standard for wiping out hordes of mooks, while stuff like Hek will put down tougher targets easily. Most weapons are available by MR 7-8 outside of primes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Garuda continues to be a lot of fun and I wish I had forma available to upgrade her once she hits 30. She's not the greatest at any particular thing. Mesa and Saryn have better AoE abilities that also work faster. Dedicated healing frames heal better. Nezha, Rhino, and Mesa have better damage shields. Oberon has a better heal and AoE ability that has more utility. But she her kit is a nice mix of different things as getting a damage shield, healing, and AoE abilities is still uncommon plus her abilities make her very mobile and nicely dovetail with the melee changes.

Related to that, Redeemer Prime is ridiculous which built for 100% status and Condition Overload. The charged attack turns it into a status shotgun that can use Condition Overload and Healing Return that you never have to reload. Aiming it is obviously wonky since you can't right click to aim and there's windup to the shot but being able to two/three shot sortie level Noxes with body shots or immediately execute whatever I leapt to with Garuda's 1 is a joy. It trades cleaving through a wide area for single target damage but it's a fun tradeoff and worth doing on frames that already have strong AoE ability.

In fashion frame news, I picked up the Icarius syandana last night. It's not my favorite wing design as I like the Winged Hussar look of the Arcturus more and the little kite tail thing on the Icarius clips through things but the tipping factor was that the Icarius's wings fold in when you fight and aim to avoid obstructing your view. It's a lot more practical than the other wing designs as a result.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the clan invite, got Zephyr cooking right now!

Thinking about buying a frame to level while that one builds, but it has been ages since I played last, and there so many damn new ones to choose from. I stopped around when Zephyr came out, and have the following (all at 30): Ash, Banshee, Ember, Excalibur, Loki, Mag, Nyx, Oberon, Rhino, Saryn, Valkyr, Vauban, and Volt. As far as play style goes, I tend to mostly use Ash, Nyx, and Saryn.

Any recommendations for newer frames to buy, like ones that have, lets say, huge grinds to build or whatever. As far as progression goes, I just got to Uranus and am unlocking nodes there now.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Garuda continues to be a lot of fun and I wish I had forma available to upgrade her once she hits 30. She's not the greatest at any particular thing. Mesa and Saryn have better AoE abilities that also work faster. Dedicated healing frames heal better. Nezha, Rhino, and Mesa have better damage shields. Oberon has a better heal and AoE ability that has more utility. But she her kit is a nice mix of different things as getting a damage shield, healing, and AoE abilities is still uncommon plus her abilities make her very mobile and nicely dovetail with the melee changes.

Related to that, Redeemer Prime is ridiculous which built for 100% status and Condition Overload. The charged attack turns it into a status shotgun that can use Condition Overload and Healing Return that you never have to reload. Aiming it is obviously wonky since you can't right click to aim and there's windup to the shot but being able to two/three shot sortie level Noxes with body shots or immediately execute whatever I leapt to with Garuda's 1 is a joy. It trades cleaving through a wide area for single target damage but it's a fun tradeoff and worth doing on frames that already have strong AoE ability.

In fashion frame news, I picked up the Icarius syandana last night. It's not my favorite wing design as I like the Winged Hussar look of the Arcturus more and the little kite tail thing on the Icarius clips through things but the tipping factor was that the Icarius's wings fold in when you fight and aim to avoid obstructing your view. It's a lot more practical than the other wing designs as a result.

Sounds like you need Bullet Dance for your Redeemer, where the first "swing" of the combo is you shooting (albeit for less damage than a charge attack shot)

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

Thinking about buying a frame to level while that one builds, but it has been ages since I played last, and there so many damn new ones to choose from. I stopped around when Zephyr came out, and have the following (all at 30): Ash, Banshee, Ember, Excalibur, Loki, Mag, Nyx, Oberon, Rhino, Saryn, Valkyr, Vauban, and Volt. As far as play style goes, I tend to mostly use Ash, Nyx, and Saryn.

Any recommendations for newer frames to buy, like ones that have, lets say, huge grinds to build or whatever. As far as progression goes, I just got to Uranus and am unlocking nodes there now.

Absolute pain in the ass frames to farm in my opinion are Ivara, Khora and Harrow, all of which I've bought. Trinity is also a pain, so that is a good candidate for purchase if you missed out on getting Trinity Prime for free or just need the MR xp. Ivara is my 2nd most used frame since it gets used in all spy missions as well as Orb Vallis conservation floof gathering, which is terrific for building up Solaris United standings.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Harrow and Nidus are popular "buy with platinum" frames. One requires farming C rotations on a specific node on Eris which nobody plays voluntarily and which involves mostly staying still waiting for the timer, and the other involves farming Defection.

Another is Ivara, which drops from Spy missions, which are super fun, but sometimes the RNG kinda hates you. Took me over a hundred T3 Spy runs.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Drascin wrote: »

Harrow and Nidus are popular "buy with platinum" frames. One requires farming C rotations on a specific node on Eris which nobody plays voluntarily and which involves mostly staying still waiting for the timer, and the other involves farming Defection.

Another is Ivara, which drops from Spy missions, which are super fun, but sometimes the RNG kinda hates you. Took me over a hundred T3 Spy runs.

Ivara at least has good loot if you fail to get her.

Khora is a pain to farm as well - a full SO is 20 minutes to get at those C rotations and the loot is poor (and easily farmed elsewhere much faster lol relics)

Trinity is a pain for a different reason, but it kight be cheaper to buy her prime BPs than the normal frame. She's a normal boss drop but you need to farm tokens for the run. Unfortunately Ambulas doesnt spawn on Heiracon or it would be easier.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

Weapons aren't really divided into levels. Yes, they're tied to mastery rank, but a higher mastery rank really means very little as to the quality of the weapon. They are all over the map in terms of effectiveness, and just about anything can be made awesome with enough resources poured into it. There are choices that are better than others just due to the way the math works out, but use what you enjoy.

I will say that higher MR weapons can be a little more complicated sometimes, in that they might have odder alt-fire modes, or require more Stuff on them to make them really shine. But not always.

If the Gifts of the Lotus alerts are still up, DO THOSE. You'll get a bunch of really good weapons, plus some nice cosmetics to get your Fashion Frame game started.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

The one and ONLY thing about Harrow is that you can simultaneously farm Ash with that, since Ash's parts only drop from Grineer Manics (and NOT the Manics on Tyl Regor's node, which is on the one hand frustrating but on the other I get why, because we already farm Tyl Regor enough for Equinox alone, AND he's the go-to farm for SCANNING Manics if you're doing Sands of Inaros)

But it looks like you already have Ash, so unless you want his Systems for the Smoking Ephemera... [/shrug?]

Ivara isn't so bad if you have Loki, Limbo, Ash, or Octavia to cheese the spy missions with. I believe the limitations are:

* Laser Barriers (green in Corpus, yellow in Grineer & Orokin) can "see" you through Invisibility
    * Cameras (corpus) and Sensor Regulators (grineer) can see you in Limbo's Rift.

Which 'frames you use for this depends on your play style; I used Limbo, though Sensor Regulators are a huge pain (they're VERY tough at high levels and move around) and you REALLY need to have camera locations & enemy patrols memorized, and know when you're in the Rift or not (so you can kill things if they see you)

The Uranus, Lua, and Kuva Fortress (I think) tilesets have unique and weird Vaults, but they're the SAME vaults every time (albeit in a different order); you can find video tutorials that explain EXACTLY how to get through them. Kuva Fortress additionally has unique security measures which can make it easier to use a max Duration Loki or Ash than it does to use Limbo.

So... yeah, you have to do a LOT of Spy missions, but I find those almost relaxing. Ironically, once you HAVE Ivara, if you put Infiltrate on her, most Spy missions become laughably trivial (except Uranus and Lua as both use unique and very annoying mechanics that she can't cheese)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    I am on PC and my in game name is ThatDaveFella

Is there a server split or anything? EU/NA etc

• Options
    What is the worst weapon in the game?

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    After midnight I was wondering why a Warframe Wiki was in a font that seemed like comic sans to me. And this morning I realized it was probably their idea of an April 1st prank.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

The Phage, if you're on the Switch and have rumble turned on.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    After midnight I was wondering why a Warframe Wiki was in a font that seemed like comic sans to me. And this morning I realized it was probably their idea of an April 1st prank.

The pictures will flip upside down too

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Also applies to the subreddit.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Also applies to the subreddit.

They're also doing Anthem background because on the wiki because it's an original joke that nobody has thought of.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

Miter/Panthera.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Probably some credits-purchasable sidearm.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Miter actually sees some use because of the mod that will break nullifier bubbles.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options

Worst Sidearm is the Seer pistol which Vor drops.

Worst Melee is arguably the Prova using the original machete stance.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Any of the Mk. 1 weapons spring to mind!

Unrelated: Oy, the Warframe Wiki's "April Fools" treatment can go DIAF. Ugh.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    IDK, the flippy images is neat... and anybody getting upset over comic sans deserves it, especially if the font is actually older than them. :pop:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
This discussion has been closed.