As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apex Legends] Battle Royale from the makers of Titanfall. High OCTANE gameplay!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I would say 1/4 trains it's in an awkward spot so we're the only ones able to get to it. But yeah there should always be 3 shields on that bitch.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Mirage Voyage success rate is wholly dependent on whether I quickly find the Peacekeeper while everyone is shieldless.

And hopefully no one has found an L-Star.

It's very Rocks/Paper/Scissors, but I don't know what the Scissors would be, probably Skilled Wraith w/R-99.

• Options
    The other day I landed and grabbed a G7 before a whole team had shields and just layed them out like yesterday's laundry

• Options
    When there's a team in the train car next to you, don't just stand there! Go say hello!
    https://youtu.be/wVaGx10J9rw

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Since I didn't see anyone else post it.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Thunderdome all day e'ry day.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I just played a game in ranked (diamond) where I helped my team win a fight but went down, they let me bleed out and deliberately ignored my tag. Then looted the Rez shield off my body, and then ran into a team next door and died.

I hate this game sometimes

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I just played a game in ranked (diamond) where I helped my team win a fight but went down, they let me bleed out and deliberately ignored my tag. Then looted the Rez shield off my body, and then ran into a team next door and died.

I do wonder how the hell folks that do that end up getting into diamond. Imagine how they'd be ranked if they played a team game like an actual team!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    How's Revenant

Did they blame you for the loss?

• Options
    Probably.

Cypto ping + Pathfinder spider monkey grapple + mastiff = deathu
    https://youtu.be/1TlUNgyoUcg
    Of course we still lost that one but felt amazing

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Got a real scum win earlier today. No kills except for the final squad, who out-positioned and outshot us, but it wasn't enough to stop a Bloodhound in-ult rushing them with a mastiff. We were around the side of a cliff without cover. Two of theirs pinned us while another moved for a piece of cover that would leave us in flank, so I just rushed the flanker while the enemy two downed my two at the cost of one of theirs. Two-shot the flanker, then turned and two-shot the last one.
    But hey, we take those.

cB557 on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My first win today was 16mins of looting and 60s of third party.

And we ran a pretty central path! (Late Train, Skyhook, Train Yard, Drill Site, Party Boat, finale on the train tracks)

Gibby ult the two fighting squads, land a Charge Rifle, one team dies, others turn to me, throw a dome to heal, my teammates finished it before the battery was done.

I fired one shot.

My other win we killed 10 people without a single fair fight. Constantly arriving just after fights were over, or picking people off who were late into the ring.
    We nearly botched the 3v2 at the end, too aggressive and 2 peacekeeper shots later it was 1v1.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    We nearly botched the 3v2 at the end, too aggressive and 2 peacekeeper shots later it was 1v1.
    Were your team low health or something? Peacekeeper shouldn't be able to oneshot through purple. Might've been a mastiff.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Were your team low health or something? Peacekeeper shouldn't be able to oneshot through purple. Might've been a mastiff.

We got Bangalore ulted and took some hits midrange, my teammates chased and killed the Bangalore, I tried to 1 v1 the wraith, got hit with the Peacekeeper, then the next shot downed a teammate. She hit the third shot too, but the last guy had enough hp to finish it.

• Options
    We did some Kings Canyon tonight and boyyy howdy did we get fucked up. That was pretty brutal. Still had some good kills but only one game did we make it top 3.

My new favorite tactic as Octane is using the Stim to rapidly backup/strafe, people don't seem to anticipate it
    https://youtu.be/ScXnFHuryZA

• Options
    The return the old town so far:

EAT SLEEP SKULLTOWN REPEAT

About 50% of all people in rando's drop there, it's already getting tedious.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hrngh. We stalled out in platinum last season and I don't see that changing. Need to find a third on PS4 to grind to diamond at least once. I want that sweet trail.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I think they said that dive trails are going to start expiring, so you have to earn them every season to get it for the next. With the season 2/3 trails being exceptions and being grandfathered into being permanent

Which feels lame

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Dang, yeah. Wish I'd tried harder in the early seasons I guess.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Dang, yeah. Wish I'd tried harder in the early seasons I guess.

same (though who knows if I'd have been successful). I'd be much happier if they all expired or none of them expired.

Steam ID
  • Options
    I don’t find the trails to be an interesting cosmetic pursuit; on console they don’t seem to even be rendered from other’s perspectives at much range.

• Options
    It's cool when I see the same wraith with a red predator trail but then they land and die instantly from a hot drop

• Options
    edited February 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usqZKtvX3Gg

Just get everyone to hide their trails by using this one weird trick! Predators hate him!

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

Don’t forget all of the wraiths that instantly disconnect the instant they go down!

ronzo on
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »

Don’t forget all of the wraiths that instantly disconnect the instant they go down!

Seemingly tons of players returning from Season 1 to live some months-old nostalgia and then choosing to disconnect after the game neglects to recognize them as a returning champion. Very 2020.

Also, the folks that relinquish jumpmaster and immediately start spastically pinging Skulltown or Market is a delight. Because guess where I'm not gonna land now that you bequeathed unto me such magnificent power?

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Gah had a near clutch moment and dropped a whole enemy team after popping Bloodhound ult and wrecking dudes. But during my panic heal, I had Shield Cell equipped not Shield Battery so dude 3 killed me while I misjudged and got dropped. Still, for fending off an ambush that dropped my team and a game with 3 kills, 2 knocks, 2 assists, it reminded me that sometimes I can actually play this game.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    Had some quality games earlier. One where we actually had a third team made who (mostly) used my crypto drone correctly by taking advantage of the marks and pushing at the correct times.

https://youtu.be/jNtEFJX69SY

Also - Punching people into lava never gets old.

https://youtu.be/88ciIS_o3Gs

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Alternate Perspective on hunting down that poor Bloodhound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxOlq3UXvg

I know they weren't a Predator, but I'd like to think Zylbrad would have been proud of us.

• Options
    Won a game where the third disconnected before the match started. Tried to drop hot and die fast, but ended up uncontested. We took out another two man maybe halfway through the match. Got lucky with the final rings, they were centered on a hill that was slightly closer to us and the enemies were a bit too cautious pushing it regardless. Caught one out in the open and downed him. Pinned two behind a rock and grenaded them, killing one. Final one tried to move cover to cover and close on us but got pinned again and eventually gunned down when they tried to make a break for it. Then there was just one more squad, and it was just one guy, went out basically the same way as the last guy from the previous squad.
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/czb557/video/88306281

• Options
    Felt like every match I played last night involved at least one immediate disconnection. Not sure if it was just server woes or sensitive players.

• Options
    I had forgotten how bullshit Pathfinder can be on Kings Canyon. We lost two games last night in the final ring because the other team had a pathfinder and that was the deciding factor. Guy had been creating zips between mountain tops for the last couple rings with his team and just sniping at people that came in the general vicinity. So there was already no way to actually get to them without your own pathfinder.

That's the one thing I definitely appreciate about Worlds Edge - there are still places where pathfinder can give you the high ground but most of them you have a reasonable chance of getting to / it exposes them some as well. King's Canyon is filled with random mountain tops in the desert that don't have a "return to map" warning and all kinds of nooks and crannies along canyon walls.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My gut instinct is that I like King's Canyon better, but when I actually think about it I think I've generally found World's Edge much more enjoyable and been less frustrated by loot or being unable to get to a Pathfinder or other things like that.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    metaghost - That is one of the things that drives me crazy. I feel like the chance of someone passing jump master is already 50% or higher. And when they pass it, a lot of times they start pinging stuff, half the time after I already launched us. Those type of people always either:
    Start to complain we didn't jump where they wanted.
    Go off on their own and then get mad at us for not following.

EDIT - oh, and of course, disconnect instantly when they go down because they are half a map away from us =p.

vamen on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    My gut instinct is that I like King's Canyon better, but when I actually think about it I think I've generally found World's Edge much more enjoyable and been less frustrated by loot or being unable to get to a Pathfinder or other things like that.

Yeah. As an addendum to Squall's post, I'll say that even though I was mad about Pathfinder's existence, part of the actual issue with King's Canyon is a matter of loot. On KC, you can come out victorious from a big 5-team scrum and come away with no tangible rewards for your success; you'll search through the boxes scavenging what meds and ammo you can, but so often we'd be marching towards the "final" circle with insufficient tools to maintain a protracted fight. Presumably this is by design in a way, ensuring a faster paced match, but certainly the teams that can put themselves in exceptional poking position (likely via Pathfinder) are better able to exhaust those resources.

World's Edge has a bit of an opposing problem, where seemingly everyone has infinite batteries, infinite ammo, and All Gold gear, so you encounter a lot of these dumb 9-team standoffs where everyone takes a defensive position and waits for the first team to flinch.

I enjoy the diversity of locales and the typical match progression on King's Canyon more, but both maps have issues. And with respects to Pathfinder's kit, I'd like to see them use map design as the means to restrict its efficacy, rather than necessarily altering how he plays.

metaghost on
  • Options
    They can easily change maps so you can't place ziplines to those places/put kill barriers on top of those rocks. I like KC but it's obviously rough in some spots, especially the first iteration. Pathfinder is my favorite character because of how much verticality he introduced to the game. I remember the first time I realized just the kinda shit you could pull off with him. I don't mind them changing the map to make things a little more fair. That's why I like WE so much, it has a lot of cities and high up areas, it's a very vertical map. That's what makes Apex so interesting to me, and I hope they introduce more Mobility characters in the future. Pathfinder and Octane are my favorites because they allow you to be fast and go places others can't, and very quickly at that. The game excels in situations where you can leverage your kit to make whatever you have work best for you.

• Options
    I'm already imagining a character with like a jetpack or wingsuit. Her Ult could be placing her own Mini-Redeploy ballon tower.

• Options
    I'm already imagining a character with like a jetpack or wingsuit. Her Ult could be placing her own Mini-Redeploy ballon tower.

I'm waiting for them to add a "disgraced" Pilot from TF into the game. Where they have worn out jump kit that just lets them double jump but not wall run.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    I definitely would like the general flow of KC back, but with some modification of lessons learned. I think one of the differences was that KC had this method of fights spilling over into other zones. WE I feel like fights are more often in the heart of a defined zone, the zones are much more defined and vertical and... I dunno. Something about the flow feels much different.

• Options
    xXrU6Jy.jpg

Sometimes you gel well with strangers on the internet
    In this case, I kept landing Charge Rifle shots, and they kept finishing them off.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

Octane will be madly in love with her.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else