As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I'm calling the police on you people because you've clearly lost it and are not fit to live in society.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Even if it is a homemade Tortilla hat sans Carolina Reaper peppers, the hassle and logistics to make one himself or acquire from a chef would be enough to make good on it. Just think about the time and effort Dan has put into BMB. He could have taken care of this long ago.

Edit:
    Calling the police on us a threatening act?

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Seriously though, I'm kind of hung up on the "and die" thing.

What exactly do you think would happen if someone actually ate a hat?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I actually googled and there's a lot of youtube videos of people eating a hat

The first one I watched the guy threw up at the end but still

• Options
    I suspect if someone ate a hat they would die and/or require some form of surgical intervention.

You're not supposed to eat hats you guys.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I suspect if someone ate a hat they would die and/or require some form of surgical intervention.

You're not supposed to eat silica packets either but it won't kill you

wait oh no

• Options

Why?

Are you assuming they're just eating the hat whole?

Of course not; that's why it was a bet and not part of his normal diet. :razz:

• Options

Why?

I am not explaining to you why eating a hat would be bad for your health. This is why you should be in prison.

• Options
    edited November 2019

Why?

I am not explaining to you why eating a hat would be bad for your health. This is why you should be in prison.

Sorry, you're going to have to explain it.

The only ways I see a hat actively harming a person is if

1. It contains chemicals that have a harmful effect on a person (No guarantee such chemicals are in the average hat, and even if they are, the problem can be solved by using a simpler hat)
    2. Get stuck in your intestines - Solved by ensuring the pieces are small enough, if not properly chewed.
    3. Choking on it - Again, solved by making sure the pieces are small enough; also keep some water/soda/beer/whatever handy to wash it down. Also slather that thing in ketchup or whatever to mask the flavor and help it go down easier.

Like seriously, his is at best a minor discomfort. I'm not really sure where you're getting this "it'll kill you" idea from.

EDIT: Great way to page 100 this thread, by the by.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I just don’t think people are designed to eat fabric or cloth.

I just don’t.

• Options
    Nope. Go to jail.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Dan is very cowardly and makes cowardly bets all the time.

It's not absurd to want to hold him to a bet he made and agreed to for once.

Also Alex Boniello looks like John Mayer from a few years back when he grew his hair out.

edit: Especially since you know if Dan won the hat bet, he'd make the other party ingest a physical, non-edible hat. Dan absolutely talks the talk and never walks the walk. It's in his nature.

He's not a bad human (most of the time), he just revels in a lot of shitty stuff he has done/does (cutting in line, sneaking into game demos, stink bombing a bar so he can order his drinks faster, etc.)

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

I just don’t.

Sure, but that doesn't meant doing so will negatively effect you. (Or at least any more than Dan's insistence at eating flaming hot chips.)
    Nope. Go to jail.

You're being really weird about this.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i don't care about dan's stupid hat bet but he 1000000% would have made anyone else he bet against eat a hat had that been the terms of the deal.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Eating spicy food is significantly different from eating completely indigestible fibers. The former is ill-advised but carries minimal risk barring other medical conditions. The other is literally just hoping that a fibrous material will make it through your digestive system without catching on one of the body’s many nooks and crannies, potentially requiring surgical intervention.

You can’t. You can’t chew a hat. It’s not going to break down. It’s not about flavor, it’s about the basic function of the human gut.

• Options
    Well then don't make that bet.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2019

Well, yeah. But if I accept and win a bet where somebody said they’d be my personal servant 24/7 for the rest of their lives, I’d be kind of insane if I expected them to deliver, regardless of whether it’s technically possible. Stupid bets go many ways!

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    cny2namxzfio.jpg

What we need is one of these.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Or at least have the decency to say you're not going to fulfill the bet, instead of going "no, no, I'll do it, just find me an edible one" every time someone brings it up. Meanwhile getting salty whenever someone doesn't follow the rules you put out for them 100%
    Eating spicy food is significantly different from eating completely indigestible fibers. The former is ill-advised but carries minimal risk barring other medical conditions. The other is literally just hoping that a fibrous material will make it through your digestive system without catching on one of the body’s many nooks and crannies, potentially requiring surgical intervention.

You can’t. You can’t chew a hat. It’s not going to break down. It’s not about flavor, it’s about the basic function of the human gut.

I really don't think pliable fabric is going to get stuck in your gut if you keep the pieces small enough. What exactly is going to catch?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    45 new posts? I guess the Extra Life stream happened so there's a lot of funny stuff to talk abou--oh, oh.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    holy shit this thread what the fuck

DAN IS NOT GOING TO EAT A FUCKING HAT NOR SHOULD HE, HE'S A HUMAN MAN

the only guy who is maybe right in this thread is the guy who said Dan should find an edible hat on his own instead of asking people to find one for him.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I knew there was a guy in the Guinness book of world records who ate all sorts of weird shit, but even I was taken aback by the full list when I went and looked him up.

Dude ate in his lifetime
    -18 bicycles
    -15 shopping carts
    -7 tv sets
    -6 chandaliers
    -2 beds
    -a pair of skis
    -a computer
    -And over the course of 10 years, a Cessna aircraft.
    Thankfully, no shoes nor hats.
    Man, I'd love to watch those attempts...

Glal on
  • Options

I just don’t.

Sure, but that doesn't meant doing so will negatively effect you. (Or at least any more than Dan's insistence at eating flaming hot chips.)
    Nope. Go to jail.

You're the one suggesting somebody needs to eat a hat.

• Options
    Lock this thread and ban the word "hat" from the next one, imo.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    geth ban hat

it didn't work you guys

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Also, the hat bet happened literally years ago. Let it go.

• Options

I just don’t.

Nope. Go to jail.

This is why I'm saying you're being weird about this. You should reread my posts.

I said I found it annoying (explicitly mentioned that I feel that way more than I should) that Dan made a bet to do something ridiculous with the obvious intent to never follow-up on it, having a rules-lawyered out prepared, and additionally he's not even bothering to pursue that out, instead leaving it an ambiguous "if someone BRINGS me an edible one....". Man should do his own homework. :Razz:

I then mentioned (repeatedly) that the ideal thing would be for Dan to admit he's not going to do it, rather than string it along like he will. I also mentioned how my distaste (which, again, I have fully admitted is excessive compared to how much I should really care) is tied into how Dan is constantly throwing ridiculous bets and dares out at people, and it's kind of annoying to watch when we know he'll promise big crazy things and then not even make the effort to half deliver. Especially with how loud and agitated he gets when he feels like someone else isn't sticking to the rules.

At that point I took umbrage with the idea that eating such a garment would kill you, or even significantly harm you. (With a pitstop talking about the Guinness guy who ate an airplane) and we had a conversation about that.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    It speaks volumes about the state of these threads that I saw 50+ new posts and immediately knew folks were ragging on Dan for some bullshit again.

• Options

I just don’t.

Nope. Go to jail.

This is why I'm saying you're being weird about this. You should reread my posts.

I said I found it annoying (explicitly mentioned that I feel that way more than I should) that Dan made a bet to do something ridiculous with the obvious intent to never follow-up on it, having a rules-lawyered out prepared, and additionally he's not even bothering to pursue that out, instead leaving it an ambiguous "if someone BRINGS me an edible one....". Man should do his own homework. :Razz:

I then mentioned (repeatedly) that the ideal thing would be for Dan to admit he's not going to do it, rather than string it along like he will. I also mentioned how my distaste (which, again, I have fully admitted is excessive compared to how much I should really care) is tied into how Dan is constantly throwing ridiculous bets and dares out at people, and it's kind of annoying to watch when we know he'll promise big crazy things and then not even make the effort to half deliver. Especially with how loud and agitated he gets when he feels like someone else isn't sticking to the rules.

At that point I took umbrage with the idea that eating such a garment would kill you, or even significantly harm you. (With a pitstop talking about the Guinness guy who ate an airplane) and we had a conversation about that.

Ok, a couple things here. First, you're taking this too seriously across the board. Both in terms of the bet and the conversation in this thread.

Secondly, on a more serious note, and this is the only serious point I will make on this pants-on-head-crazy topic, my cousin's dog ( a Bernese mountain dog) once ate a newborn baby's sock. Said dog almost died and would have if not for the intervention of a $4000 surgery. The reason being that, as mammals, textiles and fabrics appear nowhere on our food pyramid. Because we are not supposed to eat them.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

You're not supposed to eat silica packets either but it won't kill you

wait oh no

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    They should get Dan an edible hat and fill it with foods he is scared to eat, like meatloaf or ketchup.

steam_sig.png

• Options

I just don’t.

Nope. Go to jail.

Ok, a couple things here. First, you're taking this too seriously across the board. Both in terms of the bet

I literally admitted this multiple times.
    and the conversation in this thread.

I mean, you just straight-up said I did something I actually didn't do. I think that's pretty weird.
    Secondly, on a more serious note, and this is the only serious point I will make on this pants-on-head-crazy topic, my cousin's dog ( a Bernese mountain dog) once ate a newborn baby's sock. Said dog almost died and would have if not for the intervention of a $4000 surgery. The reason being that, as mammals, textiles and fabrics appear nowhere on our food pyramid. Because we are not supposed to eat them.

Eh, I would suggest the reason is probably because the dog (who is half the size of someone like Dan) likely ate it one go. Which, yeah if someone just wadded up a sock and wolfed it down, it'll probably cause some problem, especially if they were a smaller fellow. If you took that sock, cut it up into tiny pieces and mixed it in with his wet dogfood (don't do this, obviously) I doubt it would have required the trip to the vet.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    They should get Dan an edible hat and fill it with foods he is scared to eat, like meatloaf or ketchup.

Can you make a hat out of cottage cheese?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    cny2namxzfio.jpg

What we need is one of these.

Made out of Ghost Pepper chips.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    SatanIsMyMotor was warned for this.

I just don’t.

Nope. Go to jail.

Ok, a couple things here. First, you're taking this too seriously across the board. Both in terms of the bet

I mean, you just straight-up said I did something I actually didn't do. I think that's pretty weird.

Eh, I would suggest the reason is probably because the dog (who is half the size of someone like Dan) likely ate it one go. Which, yeah if someone just wadded up a sock and wolfed it down, it'll probably cause some problem, especially if they were a smaller fellow. If you took that sock, cut it up into tiny pieces and mixed it in with his wet dogfood (don't do this, obviously) I doubt it would have required the trip to the vet.

Ok. Well now that we've established your veterinary credentials I think you should both go to jail and be barred from owning an animal.

Tube on
  • Options

holy shit this is genius

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options

This is the only good thing to come out of this nightmare conversation.

• Options

I just don’t.

Nope. Go to jail.

Ok. Well now that we've established your veterinary credentials I think you should both go to jail and be barred from owning an animal.

Very weird.

• Options
    Maybe a future project for Jan Can Cook/Ben Apetite! Afterwards they can ship the hat across the country for consumption.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    You guys missed the "if x happens I'll eat my own dick" PA forums fad of the aughts.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.