As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    :(

That's two podcasters/tech celebs to lose pets. Brady Haran of YouTube and Hello Internet fame recently lost his greyhound, LuLu:
    https://youtu.be/ujbXk26yeHg

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    dang that Chloe news sucks, so much tested podcast memories.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Damn. Pets are family and losing one sucks about as much losing anyone else.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Somehow I missed Alex's announcement on twitter from two weeks ago that he's now in a NYHC band. Last night they played their first show:

He reports it was "good".

edit: also, the narrator from Bastion witnessed it

SteevL on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ugh, my Corgi is 10, and I'm starting to see him slow down a bit, have to work a little harder to get up stairs, not quite as spry at the dog park. Doing everything I can to just enjoy the time I have left with him and not think about it, but I know it's coming in the next few years. Will's dog passing hits me right in the feels. Corgi's really are a way of life once you have one.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Of course they would pick Alex to read the opening PSA about smoking and driving.

Y'know, because of all the driving he does.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I almost went to Alex's show last night, but I ended up not going.

I wanna run into Oscar Isaac and Logan Cunningham (who I've actually run into a few times on public transit)

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Of course they would pick Alex to read the opening PSA about smoking and driving.

Y'know, because of all the 'driving' he does.

I've actually liked those DUI ads, they're pretty direct without trying to be too hip.

• Options
    i keep forgetting ads exist on the podcast

unless small business man is hanging out i can't imagine not using the premium feeds

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Okay for some reason Giant bomb have been pretty accessible to me these past few days, kept getting the "This site can’t be reached The connection was reset." page. I've even cleared the cookies too so I am not sure what's going on

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I’d really like to see Alex do a show, weeknights are a bit tough for me to get out to the city but I could work it out.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

This is going to be a shot show of epic proportions.

• Options
    It's just Steal My Sunshine but with a different game people don't like.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    It's just Steal My Sunshine but with a different game people don't like.

Yeah, sounds great!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I have a feeling I'm not gonna be a fan of this particular series, sad to say. I'm good on Competitive Asshole Dan for a while.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i'm hoping that is dampened because dk64 is absolute trash

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I definitely have that weird nostalgic affection for DK64, even though I was pretty sure it was kind of bad even back in the day.
    This series should be fun.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I'm of the opinion that what's being played is far less important than who's playing it.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Are they going to gamble with actually bananas or like banana runts?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    They said Banana Runts on the Beastcast.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    The best of Crime Crew video is pretty fucking good. There were lots of laughs from that series.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    DK64 was cromulent.

Getting all 200 bananas was tedious and there were a lot of stupid mini games but just getting the 70 you needed was fun. And the boss fight with K. Rool using all 5 characters was cool.

I skipped over Banjo-Kazooie so I dont regret buying it. And Majora's Mask needed the expansion pack which was amazing.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »

I mean would you imagine the size of the bowl (and the perishability of the bowl) if their currency was actual bananas

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Catching up on the RE4 playdate

fucking Ryckert, I swear to god. I wish there was another Abby on the stream to balance his bs. Get Danika or something -.-

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

fucking Ryckert, I swear to god. I wish there was another Abby on the stream to balance his bs. Get Danika or something -.-

Just finished it, what aride. I want the opposite though, get Paul on there too. More Ryckerts!

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

Just finished it, what aride. I want the opposite though, get Paul on there too. More Ryckerts!

MORE ABBIES

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I think I would have been happier with a Banjo-Kazooie feature (Jack my Jiggies?) instead of DK64, but then again I never thought I’d be so entertained by by sunshine, so what do I know

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The Dan Ryckert problem is that he is too ridicilous to ignore.
    Any show where Dan Ryckert is present is a ticking time bomb until he says something so insane that it derails the whole thing.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    That's not a problem, that's a feature!

It's only a problem when Old Dan rears his face. Which is why I avoid features with Paul in it, he's the original Old Dan and woof, run awaaaay.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »

It's only a problem when Old Dan rears his face. Which is why I avoid features with Paul in it, he's the original Old Dan and woof, run awaaaay.

In the last weeks I have come to suspect that New Dan was a lie

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

Nah New Dan it's totally a thing

Like, just the other week he figured out that movies could have themes and allusions

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options

Nah New Dan it's totally a thing

Like, just the other week he figured out that movies could have themes and allusions

Oh yeah, the whole "Metal Gear isn't political" arch

whoops, the nosebleed is back

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Hey remember when Dan said he was starting to read more, and all the books he was choosing were things your grade school/middle school/high school probably made you read that Dan definitely didn't?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Why is that a problem? Like, a lot of those books are good, and much more enjoyed in an environment where you aren’t being browbeaten into reading them.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Hey remember when Dan said he was starting to read more, and all the books he was choosing were things your grade school/middle school/high school probably made you read that Dan definitely didn't?

idgi, that's good? They're foundational book for a reason.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I made Butter in 'No Man's Sky' last night using churned Milk from a scaly ten-eyed beast.

• Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I made Butter in 'No Man's Sky' last night using churned Milk from a scaly ten-eyed beast.

appropriate avatar

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    That was my point, that Dan is just starting to read young adult fiction that might have introduced these concepts to him as a kid if he had read them. So maybe he'll understand the concept of themes and allusions and metaphor via the page.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited August 2019
    That was my point, that Dan is just starting to read young adult fiction that might have introduced these concepts to him as a kid if he had read them. So maybe he'll understand the concept of themes and allusions and metaphor via the page.

I (mis)read your earlier post as being sarcastic/snide? as it looks like a few others did too. Welcome to the Internet ..

But yeah, he's chosen some of the founding books of modern Western/American culture. Let's hope he doesn't find Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Hell swear off books again for another 30 years.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Well, it happened: I had to explain my Gerstfield shirt to people at the dog park. Thankfully the dude was slightly familiar with Giant Bomb at least.

This discussion has been closed.