Options

[chat] thread

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I had a similar experience interviewing at twitter, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't deliberate

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    When I interviewed for a data science internship with LinkedIn, my technical interview was basically a couple of generic programming questions, with no questions about using R or SQL or Pig or any of the things I'd actually be using.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    why is a raven like a writing desk though

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    why is a raven like a writing desk though

What's the difference between a Catholic and a river that runs uphill

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Russian Doll was good

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    My existential angst is sated for another short time

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Baby Heath! Baby JGL! Good fucking writing and a terrific cast! A sprinkle of homophobia! Rampant consumerism!

V good movie

It is much improved over the original, imo.

I just read a book that was a different interpretation and it suuuucked

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Square selling replica painting from Xenogears for $400, This seems like some next level weeb stuff. And I fucking love the game to death.

FREE_ITEM114.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Russian Doll was good

It took me the third episode to get into it. It just felt so damned derivative until then.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    emnmnme wrote: »

why do people do this

this seems interesting but good god that performance just ruins it

because it's more about the ego than about the topic

lots of folks who just want to make all their videos about them

an obnoxious schtick that keeps distracting from clear communication about the subject isn't a failing, it's the whole point.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2019
    DzEKNtjVsAAZZRx.png

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Oh my god that genie looks horrible

• Options
    Jacob how are you this evening

Have you had any pet related mishaps

sig.gif
  • Options
    "Hey! Bartendress! More drunk please."

I'ma have to use this line sometime

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacob how are you this evening

Have you had any pet related mishaps

none that my lawyers will allow me to discuss

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The worst part of the Aladdin trailer isn't the genie, it's Jafar looking and sounding like a CW knockoff

• Options
    I've been recoiling from genie Will Smith for five minutes

I can't stop

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I can't stop

He looks a little better in motion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NqKrhmnVNY

• Options

I can't stop

Sot It Goes, you're going to run out of house at some point

maybe you should consider stopping

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    The worst part of the Aladdin trailer isn't the genie, it's Jafar looking and sounding like a CW knockoff

That’s everytbing on CW

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

That’s everytbing on CW

I watched a bunch of Legends of Tomorrow today and every bit of it looked and sounded better than that trailer. The CW DC shows have some really good stuff! And some very mediocre to bad stuff.

But all of it is better than Jafar going "bring me the lamp, I guess, whenever is fine"

• Options

I can't stop

He looks a little better in motion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NqKrhmnVNY

Ehhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhhh

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    And it's going to make one billion dollars just like all the other bad disney remakes

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

That’s everytbing on CW

I watched a bunch of Legends of Tomorrow today and every bit of it looked and sounded better than that trailer. The CW DC shows have some really good stuff! And some very mediocre to bad stuff.

But all of it is better than Jafar going "bring me the lamp, I guess, whenever is fine"

Yeah, wait, Jafar didn't command Aladdin to get the lamp in the animated version; he disguised himself as a wild-eyed prisoner and tricked Aladdin into getting the lamp.

• Options
    And it's going to make one billion dollars just like all the other bad disney remakes

Wrinkle in Time flopped. Nutcracker flopped.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I'm happy that the Kaguya-sama anime turned out to be good. The manga is excellent and funny as hell.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Aladdin was way bigger than those originally and the other live action remakes of animated films recently made bank

• Options
    I’ll forgive everything if they make a good Prince Ali

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular

Those don't have classic/beloved disney animated movies though. Was thinking more along Junglebook/Beauty and the beast.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I mostly liked A Wrinkle In Time.

Yeah, Mindy Kaling was super irritating, and the stuff that was added in to pad out the run time was rubbish, but 90% of my reason to watch was getting to see the creepy neighborhood with the kids bouncing balls in unison and they nailed that part.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Aladdin was way bigger than those originally and the other live action remakes of animated films recently made bank
    And those two movies didn’t really flop, they were just only kind of profitable after everything was considered.

And beauty and the beast made texa$ so they’ll keep working on their formula...they’ll probably make ala$ka on lion king.

zepherin on
  • Options

Those don't have classic/beloved disney animated movies though. Was thinking more along Junglebook/Beauty and the beast.

My crystal ball says The Lion King will make a billion - people are impressed with realistic-looking critters - but Aladdin will merely break even.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    I mostly liked A Wrinkle In Time.

Yeah, Mindy Kaling was super irritating, and the stuff that was added in to pad out the run time was rubbish, but 90% of my reason to watch was getting to see the creepy neighborhood with the kids bouncing balls in unison and they nailed that part.

I watched it on a plane and it was okay enough to waste two hours of flight time but man

the "updated" lines they gave Mindy's character were, at best, grating

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah that’s the kind of thing that kind of works in print but not at all on screen

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Dex-Starr's origin 21stCentury no its just Dex Starr who is a Red Lantern
    dexstarr1.jpg
    dexstarr2.jpg
    zb5OifO.jpg?1

If you like this, check out We3.

It's a Homeward Bound / Milo & Otis / A Dog's Way Home story, only about three animals (a dog, a cat, and a rabbit) who have been cyberneticly enhanced in a secret military project.

It's a one-shot and it's excellent.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hmmm should I get thin metal framed glasses or thicker plastic framed glasses

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've caught the arranging bug in the past month. There are a couple of songs that I'd really like to sing in my a cappella quartet/quintet. I can't readily find a good arrangement of them online, but I've taught myself how to use MuseScore to write up barbershop-style scores (two voices on a Tenor clef and two voices on a Bass clef). I've arranged "A Million Dreams" (from "The Greatest Showman") and "Would You Go With Me" by Josh Turner (I want a solo, goddamnit, and I get to hang out on a low E flat on a sustained note). We'll see how they turn out eventually. We've been rehearsing "A Million Dreams" for the past few weeks.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.