As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Podcats

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    What's Selenes deal
    She talks like a quirky corporate Twitter account

OH SHITS. THAT WATER IS RISING PRETTY HECKIN FAST, MY DUDE. YOU BETTER GET GOING PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY FAST, PAL!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Ohhhhh fuck my face that's worse than any sane mind could have expected

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I was also annoyed by her knowing exactly what was going on for you in that tunnel 80 feet below her underground to give advice about it.

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I finished listening to the second part of TWA's Clockstoppers coverage, after leaving it with 4 minutes left for like two weeks because I didn't want to commit to watching another episode of Power Rangers or something, I don't know.
    "Could you imagine going into hypertime just to take a nap?" please let me do this
    "This is Clocks With Stoppers"
    "I am joined by a whole new slew of people, because the guests on the last episode couldn't be assed to finish this movie."
    "We got multiple Zacks, yeah, fuck 'em."
    "Luke, I really appreciate this catching me up thing that you're doing, as I did not watch the first half of this movie."
    "A spear through my heart, forged out of silence!"
    "I refuse to learn Jonathan Frakes's real name." "You just used it!" "Yeah, I know, I said Riker."
    "Most things compare favorably to being dumped into a garbage truck." "I don't know if murder does!"
    "Um, hey, guys, why is Francesca naked in this scene?" "That's a great question!"
    "Because Riker's horny, that's why." if there's one thing I learned from Star Trek, it's that
    "Trying to get wireless technology into hypertime? Oh my God. That can't handle the temporal effects of normal time!"
    "This movie is actually a sequel to Dragon Ball Evolution."
    "Lexi, stop trying to spoil Clockstoppers 2."
    "The problem is, we have so many questions that can't be answered."
    "Sorry, Ryan."
    "It's already 2019 by the time this comes out." time travel
    "The release of this episode is the final holiday."

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I awesomed this post but it's actually not awesome that you had to suffer through that movie and then listen to other people suffer through it

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I awesomed this post but it's actually not awesome that you had to suffer through that movie and then listen to other people suffer through it

Listening to people talking about it is fine, watching it though? not great

• Options

Listening to people talking about it is fine, watching it though? not great

all the
    bad things
    movie
    watching

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i like that what they thought a quirky fun thing to introduce owen doing in anthem to show he's quirky troublemaker is that he lied about a chair so that someone would have to inspect it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The #1 thing I’ve wanted since this show was announced is finally here: today, Timothy Olyphant is on Conan’s podcast

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    And yet he refuses to appear on my podcast, We Need To Talk About the Olyphant in the Room, unbelievable!

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Wow, this is already funnier than I expected.

Is Conan even on this show?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The #1 thing I’ve wanted since this show was announced is finally here: today, Timothy Olyphant is on Conan’s podcast

That's great and all but I really do prefer him in a visual medium.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    On one hand one unique thing I really enjoy about Blank Check is that it’s the least cynical and smug podcast of all time and they truly, ahem, love films.

On the other hand sometimes it drives me crazy that they seemingly have never met a movie they didn’t like (the works of Trevorrow not included).

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    exist wrote: »
    On one hand one unique thing I really enjoy about Blank Check is that it’s the least cynical and smug podcast of all time and they truly, ahem, love films.

On the other hand sometimes it drives me crazy that they seemingly have never met a movie they didn’t like (the works of Trevorrow not included).

One of my favorite things about them is how off the beaten path they go for their choice auteurs, like how they did a fanvote with Tarantino, PTA, and David Fincher on the bracket and Nancy Meyers won

and I suspect they're reluctant to even do those ones because I bet people would not be very happy with what they'd have to say about someone like a Tarantino's work

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I want Blank Check to do a John Carpenter series

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I want Blank Check to do a John Carpenter series

they were actually just talking on I think their subreddit on how Carpenter and Cronenberg are both in the same boat: they'd love to do them, but they made a lot of movies and they're all essential, so you either have to make a massive commitment or cut some good stuff

Tim Burton is the longest one they've done so far with 16 movies

Carpenter and Cronenberg have both made 21

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The new Lore Reasons is out
    "Yo Keyblades are dope" -Austin Walker, 2019

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    shit, I guess I didn't realize it was that many

• Options
    if they just did Carpenter in the 80s you would get

- The Fog
    - Escape from New York
    - The Thing
    - Christine
    - Starman
    - Big Trouble in Little China
    - Prince of Darkness
    - They Live

but even then you lose Halloween, Assault on Precinct 13, In the Mouth of Madness, and Escape from LA

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    John Carpenter, only the Kurt Russel movies.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    All Systems Goku: Dan wants to watch the live action Dragon Ball movie.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited February 2019

This clip is part of the introduction to this week's MBMBaM. It appears at like the 9 minute mark of the podcast. It is a journey to get there.

This episode does also discuss Goku

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

How does a game THAT far up its own ass in regards to laboriously trying to build a realisitic, slow paced cowboy simulator, wind up with a physics system out of 2004?

• Options
    no that's just how physics were back in the day. It was way before Einstein developed modern ones.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    no that's just how physics were back in the day. It was way before Einstein developed modern ones.

Oh, okay.

Learn something new every day.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    real time physics simulation is super hard, all games just cheat like crazy to get something halfway believable that works most of the time.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Look, if you knew how to ride a horse like they did back in the Old West...

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I love the "Sigh... Shit...." as he gets back up.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    How does a game THAT far up its own ass in regards to laboriously trying to build a realisitic, slow paced cowboy simulator, wind up with a physics system out of 2004?

Because physics systems are incredibly hard to do and RDR2 has one of the most realistic ones out there. The physics system that can't be occasionally broken by millions of people playing for hundreds of millions of hours does not exist.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

Because physics systems are incredibly hard to do and RDR2 has one of the most realistic ones out there. The physics system that can't be occasionally broken by millions of people playing for hundreds of millions of hours does not exist.

Yeah even ours occasionally bugs out

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Still find it extremely odd that where their cynicism kicks in is thinking Up is awful cause it’s written to make you sad

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Which, you wouldn't believe how much commute time I save by hopping on top of my balcony railing, jumping into and clipping into the awning, then damage boosting to work in about 4 seconds.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The times when the game works aren’t the times people decide to record the game to make a meme out of

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The new Lore Reasons is out
    "Yo Keyblades are dope" -Austin Walker, 2019
    "I just wanted to see Mickey without a shirt again."

"Natalie, fuck off."

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Still find it extremely odd that where their cynicism kicks in is thinking Up is awful cause it’s written to make you sad

Art created to expose emotion? Preposterous!

• Options
    The times when the game works aren’t the times people decide to record the game to make a meme out of

Yeah those parts are too uninteresting to be worth recording blammo

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Which, you wouldn't believe how much commute time I save by hopping on top of my balcony railing, jumping into and clipping into the awning, then damage boosting to work in about 4 seconds.

If only bunny hopping worked in real life.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »

If only bunny hopping worked in real life.

Sounds exhausting.

• Options
    Wait it doesn't? Then how do you explain bunnies!?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wait it doesn't? Then how do you explain bunnies!?

optical illusion

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.