Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Nosf wrote: »
    As a Canadian, I'm sort of confused. It seems from the headlines, Joe Biden just won South Carolina and is now space emperor for life, despite being worse than dogshit the rest of the race. Damn, he musta rolled a shitload of 20s on that win, because I figured even with SC, he was still pretty much fucked.
    It's not confusing when you remember that the establishment absolutely doesn't want Bernie. This is the first time he didn't sweep a state-level primary, so they're milking it for all it's worth going into super Tuesday to try and boost Biden's numbers.

:Edit: bringing quote from previous page

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Even ignoring establishment effects, the media mostly cares about selling clicks over sober responsible journalism, so everyb little thing is going to be sold as the biggest bombshell ever.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    South Carolina has more population than iowa/new Hampshire combined (or Nevada/new Hampshire)

And Biden won by a lot in South Carolina. He is clearly in second place now and add in recency bias and this is the result

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    This is the Washington State politics thread, not the Primary thread.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    ^^^

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

The Washington Secretary of State is asking for people not to lick their ballot envelopes to close them, in order to reduce the Covid 19 risk to election workers.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Little late on this request guys! Besides licking envelopes is one of my one true joys in this world!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Youre telling me a pathogen can survive exposure to envelope glue? Please.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Youre telling me a pathogen can survive exposure to envelope glue? Please.

Its probably just a placebo for poll workers. Like they are worried about the tongue seal, more than the overworked postal employee who sneezed on the envelope before handing it to you.

Plus I can't imagine poll workers aren't using gloves and letter openers, so its not like their hands ever touch your dried long gone saliva.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Little late on this request guys! Besides licking envelopes is one of my one true joys in this world!

Licking the envelopes is the worst part of voting here

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Licking the envelope is the only part of elections I look forward to.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I love our mail-in voting system overall, but one of the few downsides in a primary election is when your preferred candidate drops out of the race prior to the election date but after you already sent in your ballot.

+1 for a lost cause, I guess. Same as it ever was.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    We should have preferential voting, but resolve it using the total delegate numbers on the day before the convention :p

Aim on
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »
    I love our mail-in voting system overall, but one of the few downsides in a primary election is when your preferred candidate drops out of the race prior to the election date but after you already sent in your ballot.

Another Michael Bennet voter!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

I believe their delegates are expected to follow whoever the candidate chooses to endorse.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

Swalwell, obviously.

(do I know Swalwell's first name without googling it? maybe....)

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Swalwell, obviously.

Eric?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Swalwell, obviously.

I had to look up to see if I was remembering the right generic white guy when I said Bennet.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Swalwell, obviously.

Eric?

Honestly? My first instinct was Tim.
    3823.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=b2eb19e10b53ca82663de531ee8695c9

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    If we had ranked voting, my first would have been Warren and my second would have been her dog, Bailey.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Bailey 2020: Whose a good boy?

It seems he stole someone's burrito...

Yeh I don't really mind it this time around, because at least I got one in. Usually I forget to get around to sending in primaries and I usually realize at work on primary election day what day it is, by which point it is too late.

I just wish the states would vote at the same time. Or at least round robin the schedule or something. We have enough "only these states count" with the electoral college.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    COVID is really set to fuck things for us folks in the live entertainment industry. If Inslee bans gatherings of 250+ people, I'm not gonna have a show to run for the next month. 😬

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    COVID is really set to fuck things for us folks in the live entertainment industry. If Inslee bans gatherings of 250+ people, I'm not gonna have a show to run for the next month. 😬

It's also going to pretty well fuck over basically all of the service industry except maybe deliveries. It's going to cascade through the local and global economies. Other regions need to start doing the same, if not more, though the greater Seattle Metro area is a pretty major hot spot. But honestly, I expect DC, NYC, and LA to be only a few weeks behind.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I am annoyed at the reality that while small businesses might get some bail out it's unlikely that workers and contractors get much out of it.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    How is that going to affect someplace like QFC or Target? Are they basically going to have to manage population numbers at the door?

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Presumably the rule covers things like music events, conventions, etc and not “business as usual” — even though 250+ people might be inside a given business it’s not as though they’re forming one crowd.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Presumably the rule covers things like music events, conventions, etc and not “business as usual” — even though 250+ people might be inside a given business it’s not as though they’re forming one crowd.

No, but something like Costco feels like it would be prime breeding ground.

• Options
    edited March 2020

I know that this pales in comparison with actual livelihood issues, but we have tickets for a show at the Rep next weekend - I guess I don't have to think more of we should go or not with this ban.

Aim on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    How is that going to affect someplace like QFC or Target? Are they basically going to have to manage population numbers at the door?

They're saying "gatherings" which would presumably not include stores.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Aim wrote: »

I know that this pales in comparison with actual livelihood issues, but we have tickets for a show at the Rep next weekend - I guess I don't have to think more of we should go or not with this ban.

Jitney is extremely excellent, as is The Children. No matter which one you see, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The Children is especially timely, given current events, and it's a shame more people might not get the chance to see it due to this fucking outbreak.

I'm helping run Sister Act over at The 5th Avenue, and we're bracing for emergency mandated cancelations starting this week and extending through ???

And even worse, I'm on deck for the show, so of course I gotta worry about one of the performers getting me infected with god knows what. 😡

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Not sure if it's nationwide policy but the Costco's near me have all stopped grocery samples.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Aim wrote: »

Jitney is extremely excellent, as is The Children. No matter which one you see, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The Children is especially timely, given current events, and it's a shame more people might not get the chance to see it due to this fucking outbreak.

I'm helping run Sister Act over at The 5th Avenue, and we're bracing for emergency mandated cancelations starting this week and extending through ???

And even worse, I'm on deck for the show, so of course I gotta worry about one of the performers getting me infected with god knows what. 😡

Yeah, we subscribe to the season, we watched the children a couple of weeks back :)

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Not sure if it's nationwide policy but the Costco's near me have all stopped grocery samples.

I think both that and the capping of certain items sold to each customer is nationwide.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Inslee did the predicted ban, and went a step further and said that uncontrolled workplaces should be shuttered until further notice.

GUESS WHO'S OUT OF FUCKING WORK.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Inslee did the predicted ban, and went a step further and said that uncontrolled workplaces should be shuttered until further notice.

What exactly does this mean? All retail is shuttered? Surely that can't be what it means...right?

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Seattle public schools, closed for two weeks minimum, just announced. Retweeted by the Seattle times, a newspaper

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

What exactly does this mean? All retail is shuttered? Surely that can't be what it means...right?

I think everything will be case by case, up to the employers. My employer decided better safe than sorry and sent everyone home at lunch. We aren't going to come back until ???

• Options
    People are afraid. Numbers coming out of italy are scaring people, and washington state doesn't have the capacity to cover a large spread outbreak. This is only going to get worse going forward.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Orca wrote: »

Basically if you can't put in place protective measures, you shut down. You have to have the ability to keep distance between people and monitor your staff for symptoms, plus handwashing facilities.

It applies to "events" not retail per se. Hacksaw works at a theatre IIRC.

The public health Twitter also linked to their "best start" pages with advice for keeping kids from going stir crazy, including this cheerful bit of advice:
    The current recommendation is to avoid large groups. That mostly means groups over 50 people but conservatively means anything more than 10 people. However, if you don’t fall into the high risk group, you can still certainly visit each other. How to do this well? Here’s a quick checklist:

Think small—only a few friends at most. Or think of this as an opportunity for 1:1 hangouts.
    Avoid physical contact and maintain a distance of at least 3 feet apart from others.
    Practice excellent personal hygiene habits, including handwashing, coughing into tissue or elbow, avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
    Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
    Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
    Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
    If you feel sick in any way—please stay home!
    https://beststartsblog.com/

Phoenix-D on
  • Options

Sorry Hack

This discussion has been closed.