As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    It's okay, they have the Seattle PD looking into it.

The same Seattle PD where multiple cops are under investigation for potential involvement in the Capitol insurrection.

Yeah, I have so much faith the cops will take this investigation seriously.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    It's okay, they have the Seattle PD looking into it.

The same Seattle PD where multiple cops are under investigation for potential involvement in the Capitol insurrection.

Yeah, I have so much faith the cops will take this investigation seriously.

In fairness, those chips are under investigation because they were recognized and identified by other SPD cops

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    I guess stealing chairs was a gateway crime, but Eyman got busted for the bigger one:

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    I guess stealing chairs was a gateway crime, but Eyman got busted for the bigger one:

Couldn't have happened to a shittier person in this state, obviously there are shittier you know what Fuck Tim Eyman that's what I'm saying.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    Do we get to vote to affirm that new revenue generation stream for WA as part of the next election? Happy to vote yes on that one.

And listen, if you manage a local office supply store, and you have discount...large cloth sacks of cash with dollar signs on them...stored in your entryway, you might want to move those inside for the time being.

PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    The most hilarious thing about Eyman is that he couldn't even beat a complete nobody loser like Culp in the primary.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I dunno if I would call Culp a nobody. He garnered big popularity for his willingness to not uphold the law. And I know first hand how big a pull that is when it comes to gun control in the rural right population.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    He was the sheriff of republic that's about as nobody as you can get while still being alive.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    He was the sheriff of republic that's about as nobody as you can get while still being alive.

Yes by itself that is true.

• Options
    I mean his sheriffdom was so unnecessary they fired him without him knowing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As far as I'm concerned he absolutely is a nobody because the only thing I know him from is his run for office, and his voter pamplet entry was missing anything at all on education or experience.

I mean, "Top Cop of The Middle of Nowhere, WA" is technically better than nothing at all. He could have put that down. He chose not to.

Being a nobody isn't a bad thing though. Being a sore loser is.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    I mean sure. But he harped on his refusal to uphold the gun control that was passed and that garnered him huge popularity among the rural right. He is a nobody from his origin. But he is also a big example of just how much drive of what our recent political extremism can allow you to succeed.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    And despite all that, Tim Eyman still lost to him.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    As far as I'm concerned he absolutely is a nobody because the only thing I know him from is his run for office, and his voter pamplet entry was missing anything at all on education or experience.

I mean, "Top Cop of The Middle of Nowhere, WA" is technically better than nothing at all. He could have put that down. He chose not to.

You don't also know him as a horses ass?

I've only lived here for 3.5 years and I feel like I knew about the horses ass proposition from long before I moved here

Edit: misread. Eyman is the horses ass....culp is probably also a horses ass

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Burtletoy wrote: »

I've only lived here for 3.5 years and I feel like I knew about the horses ass proposition from long before I moved here

Nope. Eyman is certainly a local institution of facepalmery, but I hadn't heard of Culp before 2020.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Nope. Eyman is certainly a local institution of facepalmery, but I hadn't heard of Culp before 2020.

I think this is west coast bias. Over here we maybe saw one story, east side he was a folk hero for taking down big liberal gun laws.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Man I live in the northeast and I’d never heard of him before the election. Once I looked him up though it made perfect sense that he’d win a GOP primary in this state. Yes, there are GOP strongholds in the I-5 corridor. But the state party overall is mostly rural and heavily into the talk radio-FNC-NewsMax conspiracy bubble.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Man I live in the northeast and I’d never heard of him before the election. Once I looked him up though it made perfect sense that he’d win a GOP primary in this state. Yes, there are GOP strongholds in the I-5 corridor. But the state party overall is mostly rural and heavily into the talk radio-FNC-NewsMax conspiracy bubble.

Really? He was all over my social media for the refusal to uphold the law and then afterwards when he said he would run.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Thank you for this thread title, I don't keep up on news (for my sanity) and I probably would have missed this. I'm so happy to see this happen to Tim Eyman.

• Options
    SNOW HAS FALLEN FROM THE SKY. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES FLEE IN TERROR!!! SAVE YOURSELVES!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I saw a few flakes leaving work. But tomorrow morning, I make for the Quillayute River, that should be a snowy drive!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ah, the annual snowpocalypse, among the most venerable of Seattle traditions.

....but seriously, is it sticking? I've got work in a couple hours and I gotta know if it's safe to come into town.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Not in Seattle, it was just some super sparse flakes.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

Yeah its literally you have to be outside to even notice its snowing snow. Hence my complete and total decent to Denethor. I've assembled my pyre I will go out like the kings of old.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDC-7Z7ZmpE

This will come in handy my fellow western washingtons. Clutch your axe close!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Got the call to work from home tomorrow. I'll light a signal beacon if I run out of blubber to burn for warmth.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

Not likely to be much here, but Vancouver is supposed to be a mess for a few days.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I leave Maryland and it snows there

I leave Washington and it snows there

This sucks!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    It's not even snowing in Spokane it's just cold as hell. It's a huge rip-off!

• Options
    It's 28 and there is a light dusting outside. I leave for the Olympics in a few hours though.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Yeah here in Edmonds we just got powder sugar'd at best. But it was beautiful to do my daily walk in it!

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Not likely to be much here, but Vancouver is supposed to me a mess for a few days.

Yeah my driveway is covered. I'm not going anywhere

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Kenmore is decorated st this point. Roads paths are mostly clear of snow but icy as all get out in the shade.

Ragnarok begins tonight.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Update: STILL FUCKIN COLD

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Stolen from Reddit

70oqi9hpystt.jpg

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    I ran to the mountains, am I doing this right?

• Options
    No there are bears and avalanches in the mountains

• Options
    My commute takes me past a couple of lakes

Both had people out on the ice, which is a rarity

This discussion has been closed.