As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I love me some asymmetrical clothes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Y'all I got a new flannel and it is so soft.

GlM6oPK.jpg

I feel like a dad who just finished single-handedly building a porch all the time when I'm wearing it. It's great.

I call bullshit. That shirt has sleeves.

It finally got cold outside, so I slapped some sleeves onto a shirt and stitched a collar on to keep a bit warmer. Gotta keep Jack Frost at bay with more than just a court order!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Banana Republic introduced a gender-neutral collection recently that I just found out about. It's pretty plain and some of its a bit boring, but there are some really cool pieces here. I especially like the cardigans, sweaters, and scarf.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=1145166&mlink=5001,17773683,HP_Widget_2_M_Default_UniversalCollection

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

It's not really very "punk" of any kind if you have to be rich as fuck (and thus a member of the oppressive class) to afford it, no?

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The acronym pricing seem a tiny bit insane.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

It's not really very "punk" of any kind if you have to be rich as fuck (and thus a member of the oppressive class) to afford it, no?

this is clothes for people who grew up on the aesthetics of cyberpunk but completely missed the message

the people who look at Elon Musk's fucking truck and think it genuinely look cool

the people who think they'll be gritty survivors fighting against tyrannical overlords in a corporate dystopia but either are or deeply aspire to be the corporate overlods themselves

the people who are libertarians

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I thought you guys were probably just sorta joshin about the prices of that stuff, having a good light hearted laugh, but YE GODS

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Acronym designed the new coat Adam Jensen wears in Deus Ex Mankind Divided and they call it out in an email in game and make sure you know it was custom made for the high-end spec ops cyborg

They lean into being a prestige brand for sure

• Options
    edited January 2020
    What was the name of that brand that made the tie in fashion for games and Star Wars that looked more in universe than merch? They had some nice Deus Ex stuff that was way more affordable.

Edit:
    Musterbrand

And it looks like they don't have the Deus ex license anymore. Their rad Star Wars clothes are also gone as far as I can tell.

honovere on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    my friend got me a shirt that says amigos in the friends font from spain

but i feel bad when i get given a shirt that i probably won't wear (and also it is too small for me is the main reason)

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I guess this is fashion related

I did a photoshoot a couple weeks ago with a friend who does a lot of cosplay/modeling - she mostly just needed a handsome friend with a nice suit and I guess I fit the bill

The concept was like... a married couple who have gotten complacent and bored with the relationship but imagine/wish for the times when it was spicier

I don't know if I can post any of the shots here once I get them back because she's in... various states of undress, but it felt very cool to get done up in a suit and be professionally shot in dramatic fashion, instead of just mirror selfies

He did take a couple like, portrait headshots of me which I will share though

It feels good to look good! is the lesson here I guess

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

this is clothes for people who grew up on the aesthetics of cyberpunk but completely missed the message

the people who look at Elon Musk's fucking truck and think it genuinely look cool

the people who think they'll be gritty survivors fighting against tyrannical overlords in a corporate dystopia but either are or deeply aspire to be the corporate overlods themselves

the people who are libertarians

It's cyberpunk because After The Fall, only well-made, expensive stuff will have survived, and we'll all be scavenging it from high-earning toughguys who died in The First Wave.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I like the look of some of it, but I would never pay retail for most Acronym stuff. Especially when Errolson Hugh's collections for Nike ACG are just as rad and about a quarter the price.

minor incident on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I guess this is fashion related

I did a photoshoot a couple weeks ago with a friend who does a lot of cosplay/modeling - she mostly just needed a handsome friend with a nice suit and I guess I fit the bill

The concept was like... a married couple who have gotten complacent and bored with the relationship but imagine/wish for the times when it was spicier

I don't know if I can post any of the shots here once I get them back because she's in... various states of undress, but it felt very cool to get done up in a suit and be professionally shot in dramatic fashion, instead of just mirror selfies

He did take a couple like, portrait headshots of me which I will share though

It feels good to look good! is the lesson here I guess

damn right you fit the bill man

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    my favorite flannel is from the flat head (japanese brand)
    it was a bit pricey, but it's brushed on the inside and super warm and stuff

i found a pic here
    fh-f-sno-301l-bgrrd6.jpg

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    I have some cheaper flannels and I love them

I'm leaning into the nerdy outdoorsperson/hipster? thing of flannels and plaids and Carhartt a bit lately

Which mostly just makes me like every other dude who isn't wearing joggers at least in Northeast Pennsylvania

So it's pretty much a non thing, completely unnoticed

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I bought a pair of joggers the other day and holy shit I love them.

They're like sweatpants but more durable and stylish so you can be comfortable as hell and still go out and look pretty fly.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    What was the name of that brand that made the tie in fashion for games and Star Wars that looked more in universe than merch? They had some nice Deus Ex stuff that was way more affordable.

Edit:
    Musterbrand

And it looks like they don't have the Deus ex license anymore. Their rad Star Wars clothes are also gone as far as I can tell.

I got their Witcher inspired coat+hauberk and its wonderful. I believe they're going out of business though, they recently marked down everything they have in stock to $33 or less, but it's mostly odd sized stuff that's left. This is after months of no restocks on anything they were selling.

• Options
    Joggers are comfy, but I mostly just wear them to the gym or when lounging around the house

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2020
    This is the debate coverage I care about

(click through for suit critiques of the dem candidates)

tynic on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I have some cheaper flannels and I love them

I'm leaning into the nerdy outdoorsperson/hipster? thing of flannels and plaids and Carhartt a bit lately

Which mostly just makes me like every other dude who isn't wearing joggers at least in Northeast Pennsylvania

So it's pretty much a non thing, completely unnoticed

Nice thing about the nerdy outdoor style is that it is damned comfortable. I don't care what the trendy folks do, but a good pair of jeans, a flannel and some boots will get you through just about anything, and it's a style that can look good on everybody and can be used for like 75% of everyday situations.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    tynic wrote: »
    This is the debate coverage I care about

(click through for suit critiques of the dem candidates)

It amazes me how presidential candidates with teams of consultants and stylists and pr people can be SO BAD at wearing suits. Suits! The one thing that can make literally any adult man look at least pretty good with under $100 worth of tailoring.

minor incident on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    my friend got me a shirt that says amigos in the friends font from spain

but i feel bad when i get given a shirt that i probably won't wear (and also it is too small for me is the main reason)
    Just get small, bro.

Do you even not lift?

sig.gif
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I want to get my gf some leggings, Google "armor weave leggings" but I can't figure out how to get real ones. They're mostly found on eBay but several look very shoddy. How would one find the original creator that all the photos are actually of?

• Options
    I bought giant baggy corduroy overalls

Fite me

poo
  • Options
    I bought giant baggy corduroy overalls

Fite me

I don't want to. You're far too powerful with corduroy overalls.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    For that person in your life that wants to dress like a Tool album cover.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I love that Twitter account. Super weird and/or interesting content.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yup, that's a soulsboss

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh cool yes please bring more creatures from my nightmares into the physical world that's the kind of excitement I crave

• Options
    Are pinqponq backpacks like the latest fad? I see them almost every day for a couple of weeks/months now.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    yup, that's a soulsboss

nah, Blasphemous dlc

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Fuckin' ren-faire cyberpunk

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    All I see is Bayonetta bosses.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Just smh if your personal style doesn't result in people debating what video game you'd be a boss from

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code