Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    this is going to sound kind of gross, but I've been reading more about how soap is actually not good for us and all it does is get rid of the oil and bacteria that is supposed to be there and soap companies have been destroying our self esteem for like a century by telling us we're dirty when we're not in order to sell more soap(capitalism!). So, I stopped using soap and got an esker dry brush instead and I go over my whole body with it once a week. It's hard to tell skin quality since changes would be subtle, but after not even a month I noticed all my blackheads have cleared up? like I don't have any at all. that's new

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah that really depends on the environment you’re in and your own genetics.

It’s absolutely possible to wash with soap too much and damage your skin if you live in a dry environment and aren’t a naturally oily person.

I live in a tropical swamp and I’m a human oil fondue machine so I have to soap up at least twice a day minimum or else things start getting funky.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    What Veldrin said, it really depends on your physiology/environment

I will anecdotally say that I have never ever met someone who told me "I don't use soap because I don't need it" that didn't have A Smell (not always a bad smell, but definitely A Smell).

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I live in western new york so right now it's basically a snowy desert of dryness. It's also not like I'm not cleaning myself, I'm just doing it with an exfoliate instead of soap.

I smell... like cornhusker's lotion

Jars on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Yeah that really depends on the environment you’re in and your own genetics.

It’s absolutely possible to wash with soap too much and damage your skin if you live in a dry environment and aren’t a naturally oily person.

I live in a tropical swamp and I’m a human oil fondue machine so I have to soap up at least twice a day minimum or else things start getting funky.

It is possible for overwashing of any sort to trigger excess oil production in response to the dryness caused, for at least some folks, too.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    There's also a lot of marketing with a holistic slant for "real soaps, not synthetic detergent" from a lot of people and companies

I'm going to buy some "real soap" from Dr Squatch or somewhere

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I use old spice swagger body wash

haven't really had an issue with it as far as I know

sometimes I'll get some method brand stuff that smells like trees in a way I like but it dries my back skin out and I get a couple zits back there after a day or so which isn't so fun.
    oddly besides my face my back is the oiliest part of me, it helps me if I brush it good but not to hard or it breaks out. so often I try to not scrub it so hard. which is easy since even with a good brush is hard to reach.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    What Veldrin said, it really depends on your physiology/environment

I will anecdotally say that I have never ever met someone who told me "I don't use soap because I don't need it" that didn't have A Smell (not always a bad smell, but definitely A Smell).

a cocky stride and musky odors in fact

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I for sure try to go every other day on showering in the relatively dry winter to protect my skin, which can get irritated quite easily (and hitting it with water stimulates oil production!) but: a) dust mites also irritate my skin, and b) in the summer time I smell of dead horses pretty much immediately when sweat starts coming out of my skin, so for sure 3 showers daily in the summer.

sarukun on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I live in western new york so right now it's basically a snowy desert of dryness. It's also not like I'm not cleaning myself, I'm just doing it with an exfoliate instead of soap.

I smell... like cornhusker's lotion

Like, you want to hit your crotch, butt, and your pits with soap because they all trap funk and start to smell within a day.

But in the winter I seriously cut down on how much I wash my face and like arms because my skin dries out like whoa and lotion only does so much to keep you from turning into a fine powder. I just use a wet washcloth to do a light scrub to get any possible dirt off. I wish it were socially acceptable to skip deoderant because I haven't found one yet that doesn't cause a slight rash for me.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    for real though, fuck NY winters

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Bring back Roman olive oil scraper baths, I say.

I wanna smell like a French fry when I go out in the summer.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Bring back Roman olive oil scraper baths, I say.

I wanna smell like a French fry when I go out in the summer.

I would honestly be really interested in trying one of these

I doubt it would actually be good or anything, but y'know, it's one of those things

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I could see one of two things happening

1. It gives you incredibly soft, glowing skin.

2. It creates a layer of oil on your skin that traps sweat n stuff and you get horrible breakouts all over your body.

• Options
    from what I understand oil locks in moisture but doesn't create it on its own, so if you do it to well moisturized skin it should work well

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I mean shit, I'd try just about anything to sort out my acne :?

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I have recently fallen in love with rompers.
    az243b1xbfyk.jpg

I am slowly getting rid of pretty much anything that isn't vintage or vintage inspired at this point.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Romper

Related

Content

LjwytZdh.jpg

aN5w0ghh.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Aww man I want a beefcake romper!!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    I’m a beefcake! I like to romp!!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    On the 1-10 scale of comfort (1 being a hairshirt and 10 being the comfiest loungewear), how comfy are we talking?

Also +50 style points for "Beef cake"

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hmm it's fitted and not very stretchy. More retro material. I'd say it's a 6 or a 7. Comfortable but not lounge wear.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    That is extrordinarily good.

• Options
    Also thanks! It was between Beefcake, Stingray, Tank, Fack or Mike for what I asked the maker to embroider and I went with Beefcake because I thought it was the most funny.

Mike was close though.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Beefcake is definitely the best, but if you had a sidekick or a detective partner, Stingray would be a great pairing

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That romper is just

Chef kiss mwah

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Hmm it's fitted and not very stretchy. More retro material. I'd say it's a 6 or a 7. Comfortable but not lounge wear.

I'm a monster who wears jeans whilst chilling in the house. This still sounds very comfy to me.

Karl on
  • Options
    What is wrong about wearing jeans in the house?

All I wear is jeans, basically

• Options
    Unless jeans are those super stretchy ones, I find them too restrictive for me to relax in at the level I'd like to around the house

• Options
    Imagine wearing pants in your own home like some kind of weirdo!!!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    It's like doing work for free!

• Options
    Hahah I like that, I’m gonna use it

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    I have been informed by friends and my own wife that jeans are not comfortable enough for relaxing in your own house, and I am in fact a monster from hellraiser who enjoys pain.

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Unless jeans are those super stretchy ones, I find them too restrictive for me to relax in at the level I'd like to around the house

When I started working from home my entire outfit became different colours of the lycra-infused Levi 514s. They're basically soft, stretchy lounge pants that you can walk the dog in without looking like you've given up

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I often lounge about the domicile while wearing jeans

My partner thinks it's weird

I have recently purchased some "joggers" and they are comfy, but I treat them like pajamas and try to get a few days wear out of them, so if I leave the house, I change into jeans

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Back in ye olden pre-covid days, if I'd already put on jeans to go to work or go shopping or whatever, I'd usually just leave them on when I got home till it was time for bed, but if it was a stay-in-all-day Sunday or whatever, you better believe that's a jogging pants or gym shorts day

now I just mix it up with whatever i'm in the mood for in order to have some semblance of change/variety in my life

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I have one pair of jeans

just one

they are a $200 pair of Diesels I bought on a whim a year ago

I sometime sleep in them, they're so comfortable

But maybe that's a remnant of my army days where I learned to dose off in just about any situation

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Most of my jeans these days you can climb in so they are well stretchy and very comfortable

Tbh though I've always found all jeans very comfortable. What else would you even wear

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I still have a fair amount of 90s style jeans and they're definitely lounge levels of comfort.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Uniqlo EZY jeans are also basically jogging pants that look like slim fit jeans. Very comfortable. For something that can take a bit rougher handling I've got a pair of 511s.