Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I'm 6'3 and my girlfriend is 5'9. We tower over most people we meet. It's pretty enjoyable.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I am

Smol

poo
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I'm 4'11, and with the size of my hips, it's hard to find jeans that fit.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    My wife is 6'1" and fashion pisses her off because so few things fit. Most of the time the sleeves aren't long enough.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i need to get back to pinposting

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    My wife is 6'1" and fashion pisses her off because so few things fit. Most of the time the sleeves aren't long enough.

Sleeves I can work with. Having to hike the already kinda short "knee length" skirts up so that I'm not constantly showing belly, less so.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    UK people, I used to get a fair few of my 'going out'* shirts from a guy who traded as Redneck Clothing in Leeds, but he's gone away.

I guess it was what you might call "deconstructed" in style, rougher textures and partially unfinished kind of looks, generally a bit more fitted than your standard straight up and down blokes dress shirt; here are a few examples I've managed to find on his Facebook page:

rrzphrtef17g.jpg
    gviafweaoc8v.jpg
    nmonc8d9cgf7.jpg

Anyone know where I might be able to find similar stuff?

*This was a thing people used to be able to do, I'll explain later.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    omg i love that tattered v hoodie

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If I wanted to purchase some more retro dress clothes, where might be a good place to do so online?

Looking for things like maroon, aquamarine, dark green dress pants.

Basically is there a place online that sells clothes for business men in a disco music video?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    If I wanted to purchase some more retro dress clothes, where might be a good place to do so online?

Looking for things like maroon, aquamarine, dark green dress pants.

Basically is there a place online that sells clothes for business men in a disco music video?

if there is i run it

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Unique Vintage has a mens' section, they tend to buy from a few vintage style places and also have their own lines; the one or two things I've gotten through them were decent:

https://www.unique-vintage.com/collections/mens

I see a lot of what they're selling is Collectif, which have their own site here

https://www.collectiflondon.com/menswear-c168

And now for a third option I found Googling and have zero experience with: apparently these guys have mod suits specifically and the prices aren't bad

https://www.atomretro.com/mens/suits

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    And now for a third option I found Googling and have zero experience with: apparently these guys have mod suits specifically and the prices aren't bad
    https://www.atomretro.com/mens/suits

Their shop is like 3 miles from me, will have to check it out.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    hm. I wonder how long it takes this guy to wash his fabulous hair

2f63adf039c8b336b9f9875ff07abf3f.png

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Surely there is a coterie of excited and delicate fingered people willing to do it for him.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I would like to know why my brain automatically interprets "a bunch of cord wrapped around your wrist" as A Cool Look. It gets me every time and I don't know why but it's so cool

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    OK. Got a new dress and I am in love with it!

ukyiqbdeni07.jpg

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Irregular Choice is having a huge sale and they have a lot of very cool shoes left in my size, argh! So tempting.

Janson on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    What finger do people typically wear non-engagement/wedding rings?

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I usually wear mine on my middle finger but that's more a situation of the ring not really fitting my actual ring finger.

The... left hand? Is the marriage hand, yeah? Whichever one is not the marriage hand I don't think it really matters.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I used to wear a ring on the right middle finger

But then my hands got too fat

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I've been getting tons ads on twitter from levis for their levi x pokemon collection, and when I went to go look at a pair of jeans on it I was surprised by two things:

1) They did not even make a size 28 waist version?!
    2) I had to choose a length for the legs!?

I don't think I've bought a pair of jeans with a listed length in... a decade.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever not bought jeans with a listed length

How else do you get them the right length?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Depends on the ring/whatever one it fits on

For me this is frequently left middle finger or right ring finger (which are essentially the same size for me)

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Good genes?

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I fold them in and roughly sew them up. Or, in the case of my motojeans, the cuffs are enough of a slim fit that they just stay folded in.

You mean it's possible to buy clothes that just fit?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Every pair of jeans I've ever purchased had a waist measurement and a leg measurement.

I mean, they were never the right measurement, but then the internet came along and provided a worldwide network of stores who would sell pants to people with gawky leg to hip ratios.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I can't even effectively buy pants in store buying them online fills me with a deep dread.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I really like 7 for all mankind, but this is just a random pair from their website.

https://www.7forallmankind.com/slimmy-in-hillside.html

I've started wearing some DL1961 stuff, but I don't think I've spent more than $50 on a pair. These prices are crazy, but again, only waist sizes listed

https://www.dl1961.com/collections/men-new-arrivals/products/cooper-tapered-slim-oxford-navy

I get most (all) of my jeans from gilt.com in their clearance/final sale section and sorting my cheapest first. Like so

The leg is tailored! To whom? I don't have any idea

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I would assume that tailored leg there means that you're getting a taper on the lower leg, as opposed to a straight leg

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Size 29 means nothing! That is a nonsense size for human dimensions!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Size 29 means nothing! That is a nonsense size for human dimensions!

They're slightly too big. Like I said, final clearance sale, so they don't always have my size (28)

Edit: 7 for all mankind size 28 fit check

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    In my experience actual jeans companies always have length as measurement while other fashion chains mostly don't or only have a 32 or 34 for every waist size they have, if the have those at all at not go with smlxl for everything

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

I have one on my left middle finger and one on my right ring finger. The left one used to live on my right middle finger, but then I got the ring I wear on my right hand and that ring finger is where it fits best. I moved the older ring to the left hand so they weren't beside each other and scratching each other up.

I think so long as it fits, is comfortable, and you avoid the left hand ring finger, you can do anything. You don't even have to avoid the left hand ring finger, it's just that usually means something that you may not want to be saying.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    In my experience actual jeans companies always have length as measurement while other fashion chains mostly don't or only have a 32 or 34 for every waist size they have, if the have those at all at not go with smlxl for everything

So called "premium denim" fashion brands don't list leg lengths, ever, as far as I know. You're just expected to get them hemmed or roll them, but mostly they just fit me

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I wear lots of rings, sometimes one at a time, some times in big flashy piles across my fingers. I also don't really care about avoiding my left hand ring finger unless I'm only wearing one ring that day. And even then I don't think anyone will mistake a ring carved from a conch shell or a giant glittery beetle ring as a wedding or engagement ring necessarily.

I guess I also feel like culturally an engagement ring/wedding ring is slightly less the absolute thing you 'have to do' these days? Some people wear them and some don't in my experience. So I don't really pay as much attention to it anymore generally. Maybe that's just having lived in Asia for a fair long chunk of time now, idk.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll often go for days/weeks without my wedding ring on, because it's a pain to wear while lifting, and nobody here really notices or cares.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Plait it into your beard.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Which hand the wedding ring is "supposed" to go on also varies by country/region/whatever.

In the end my wife and me just decided on left because it felt more comfortable. Traditionally the right hand is actually more common here, as far as I remember.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    In both Sweden and Brazil both partners wear engagement rings, but in Sweden you wear them on the left hand same as wedding rings and in Brazil you wear engagement rings on the right hand and move them to the left when you get married.

We decided to go with the Swedish way, so when we visited Brazil everyone thought we had gotten married. Which we actually had done, but didn't want to tell the extended family in Brazil since they would apparently be very upset they weren't invited to a 30-min ceremony in a courthouse in a small town in Sweden in the middle of winter. So we had to explain the whole ring thing a few times and pretend we weren't married yet.

It was a complicated time.