Options

[Movies] Thread: Chill & Likable

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    i have spent the last few minutes trying to come up with a thing maria hill has done in any marvel movie and i am coming up blank

i think she drove a jeep once?

It almost seemed like they were going to have her do a thing when they got rid of Nick Fury for like five minutes

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I can’t belive I used to be scared they’d kill Hawkeye in Age of Ultron. Now I’m totally fine with him dieing if they need him to.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I can’t belive I used to be scared they’d kill Hawkeye in Age of Ultron. Now I’m totally fine with him dieing if they need him to.

I mean, I'll feel a little bad for Linda Cardellini but let's all be honest here, she could do so much better.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    they shoulda offed hawkeye and kept quicksilver

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I’m still hanging onto the dream of an adaptation of the Matt Fraction run

I feel like that’s still a great 6 episode streaming miniseries

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think there's no real way Hawkeye doesn't just go live on a farm

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I don't know how this version of Clint gets there, though

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Whats got people mad at hawkeye

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

They've failed to really make him interesting at all and now he's got a shit new look and a real bad samurai tattoo

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    It's me, I'm the renner hawkeye liker

don't like this new direction though

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

I don't know how this version of Clint gets there, though

Give the arc to Kate instead

Make it the first season of her TV show

Then season 2 is Kate Bishop: West Coast Avenger

Joolander on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I think there's no real way Hawkeye doesn't just go live on a farm

Maybe he dies and that's what the movie tells us this is what happened to him.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    I like Renner generally! I think he's doing well with a role they haven't bothered to write to any particular standard

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hawkeye is real good in Age of Ultron

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I got a Hawkeye tattoo after reading Fraction's run
    I'm not exactly at @Blankzilla regretting his Iron Fist tattoo levels here but it is a disappointment to see how middling he's been in the films

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

he is the best through line in that movie, genuinely

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

It’s really weird hearing everybody diss Hawkeye in avengers one when right after it was released everybody was talking about how much he stole the show despite not having many lines and being mind controlled half of the time.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    oh i have no problem with renner hawkeye

i just wanted more hunky pietro

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

They've failed to really make him interesting at all and now he's got a shit new look and a real bad samurai tattoo

Oh okay, yeah the new design isn't amazing I guess? I thought Renner had said something or Hawkeye had done something in one of the trailers or something

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I also like Hawkeye in Civil War although he didn't have much there

I get why considering how overstuffed that movie is but I would have liked more about how he came out of retirement because he was bored and then ended up a felon. Also him and Scott bonding over dadhood.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

It’s really weird hearing everybody diss Hawkeye in avengers one when right after it was released everybody was talking about how much he stole the show despite not having many lines and being mind controlled half of the time.

Think that says more about avengers than Hawkeye

• Options
    I also like Hawkeye in Civil War although he didn't have much there

I get why considering how overstuffed that movie is but I would have liked more about how he came out of retirement because he was bored and then ended up a felon. Also him and Scott bonding over dadhood.

I think he just had to have something better to say when Tony comes to visit them. His entire purpose in that movie was to call Tony on his shit and then he kind of doesn’t.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »

Think that says more about avengers than Hawkeye

I mean I guess but people were also really positive of Avengers and it seems like most people still really like that movie? I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh, I really didn't like it. I dunno what people on here were saying.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I don't recall anyone talking positively about Hawkeye from the first Avengers. It was Hulk that I kept hearing people raving about.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My memory was that people were luke-warm on Hawkeye in the first Avengers film.

They liked what they saw but they also didn't enjoy that he was a villainous lieutenant for half of the film.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I just struggle to separate Jeremy Renner's performance from what a shitheel of a person he is.

• Options
    Oh right, I forgot about that shit.

Too many jackasses to keep track of.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I did not like what they did with Hawkeye in Civil War

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I didn't like what they did with a lot of people in Civil War

Which is weird because I think I liked Civil War!

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    I just struggle to separate Jeremy Renner's performance from what a shitheel of a person he is.

Well, I didn't know about this
    What's his deal

• Options
    edited April 2019

What's his deal

IIRC, he made some sexist comments about Black Widow and when he got called out on it went with the "she's a fictional character" defense.

EDIT: In contrast, Chris Evans participated in those comments, but when called out, immediately apologized for it, from what I remember. It made Renner's obstinance that much more pronounced.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

What's his deal

he's reeeeeeeealll sexist

• Options
    edited April 2019

What did you not like?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

What's his deal

IIRC, he made some sexist comments about Black Widow and when he got called out on it went with the "she's a fictional character" defense.

EDIT: In contrast, Chris Evans participated in those comments, but when called out, immediately apologized for it, from what I remember. It made Renner's obstinance that much more pronounced.

That was a pretty great teaching moment for "how to act and how not to act when you done fucked up."

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

What did you not like?

His mr futurist speech came out of nowhere, from what I remember

• Options

What did you not like?

His mr futurist speech came out of nowhere, from what I remember

Keep in mind Hawkeye signed up to go fight badguy super soldiers and Tony not only got in the way of that, but ended up causing a massive brawl that resulted in Hawkeye and and his friends being thrown in jail. All because (from Hawkeye's POV) Stark thought he knew better than everyone else.

I'd be pretty sick of Stark at that point too.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    MCU Hawkeye is boring

He's not Classic Marvel Comics Hot-Head Hawkeye who clashes with people because of an inferiority complex about being around super powered heroes
    He's not Modern schlubby Hawkguy

He's just kind of there

Maddoc on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    they should make a gwyneth paltrow-only Iron Man movie

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Gwyneth Paltrow kinda sucks though.

They should focus their energy on new blood if they really need to keep someone in the suit.

This discussion has been closed.