As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pyre is a good game [chat].

21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short![They/Them]Registered User regular
Hey everyone.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pyre is a good game with a good soundtrack.

what is your favorite Pyre track? Mine is Grand ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tJ06_qtmbc

Who is your favorite Nightwing?

Mine is Jodariel

300px-Nightwings_Jodariel.png?version=007d9351d06dfb5396a6c1f097718130

Also Pyre is cheap on Chrono.gg right now.

NOXALAS!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    (I need to get chats ready beforehand, i know...)

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    “What if we explored magic in America.”

“Neat!”

“And it’s the 20’s.”

“Also cool!”

“From the POV of a British man.”

“Well, sure. Probably easier for you to write and it’s fun to have an outsider’s perspective.”

“And then they go to Hogwarts!”

“That’s... that’s not in America.”

“And meet Dumbledore.”

“We’ve MET Dumbledore.”

“And stop the dastardly Grindlewald from preventing World War II!”

“WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!”

• Options
    Also team Hedwyn 4lyfe

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Also team Hedwyn 4lyfe

Hedwyn's story made me cry at least twice.

But Jodi big.

• Options
    Also team Hedwyn 4lyfe

But Jodi big.

I mean I'd let Jodi bang me don't get me wrong

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    My favorite nightwing is Ti'zo

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I bought the game when it came out. Haven't played it yet.

#JustSteamBacklogProblems

• Options
    Goddamn Pyre really is such a good game. It was a fantastic self-contained narrative and gameplay and aesthetic experience and I am glad to have played it and feel fondly about it.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Also team Hedwyn 4lyfe

But Jodi big.

To shreds, you say...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    My alternate idea for the chat was "if you were a pokemon, what would your type(s) be?"

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Is it me or have commercials for our breakfast foods contained more cannibalism than usual?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_PmrDXIT0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seUlN4jqBOU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O3f2o7SEGg

• Options
    Hedwyn is my second favorite because he's very kind to you and is the heart of the caravan

But he doesn't make dumb noises, kill fish, and hop around, so

ig3mapa0a0oi.jpg
    1yqg2xjkbb8s.png

look at his tiny mask!!

• Options
    I bought the game when it came out. Haven't played it yet.

#JustSteamBacklogProblems

I always make time for Supergiant Games games.... ALWAYS. (Not Hades, though, because i want to wait for it to be finished)

• Options
    Also team Hedwyn 4lyfe

But Jodi big.

To shreds, you say...

I understand the snu snu I'm signing up for.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    There are some hard story Vs gameplay decisions to be made in Pyre, because a lot of the goodest peoples also deserved n' wanted to be free, but I needed them sweet dunks. Maybe that's monstrous. But the points, tho

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Hedwyn is basically a thief mage revolutionist and while generally not gay I would throw my body at him

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hedwyn is my second favorite because he's very kind to you and is the heart of the caravan

But he doesn't make dumb noises, kill fish, and hop around, so

ig3mapa0a0oi.jpg
    1yqg2xjkbb8s.png

look at his tiny mask!!

Ti'zo was probably the least tragic figure, but without him,
    Oralech
    would've been a much flatter character, i think.

• Options
    Hedwyn is basically a thief mage revolutionist and while generally not gay I would throw my body at him

Yes Hedwyn is imo most desirable nightwing

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    sirens here usually means "it's the second wednesday in june or january" and nothing but

although there are the few places where the inhabitants are keenly aware that the siren can mean "get out or die"

I've posted this trailer a lot, but I just really really like the shot of the siren coming on and the lights going on and then all that (it's a real place, and the mountainside being monitored is real, and the 80 metre wave also. Just that - spoiler warning I guess - geologists say that they'll be able to predict it a bit more ahead of time in rl (which the movie does address, tho))

https://youtu.be/zUyFU7y7c-g

and it is a nice sounding siren

I like sirens

they chill to the bone by design, and the effect is awesome, in the biblical sense

post your favourite sirens itt

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    For some reason Richard Hammond talking about a Lamborghini Countach is like my favorite thing on TV.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    I also really liked
    Volfred Sandalwood

IDK if that was a subversion or not when
    it turns out he's a genuine good guy? I felt like they were hinting that he was just as corrupt but no, he's actually idealistic...

• Options
    I should really try the other Supergiant games, since Pyre made me trust their studio. Some day!

For now, it is time to go to get coffee.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    they chill to the bone by design, and the effect is awesome, in the biblical sense

It's always fun when we have new employees that just moved to Sweden.

*15.00, first Monday of the quarter*

*SIRENS*

"Oh, that's just the air raid sirens, nothing to worry about."

• Options
    I should really try the other Supergiant games, since Pyre made me trust their studio. Some day!

don't play Bastion last. Bastion is their first game and probably their least good game if you like pyre.

I'm not gonna claim it's a wrong opinion but some people felt Pyre was their worst game.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

It's always fun when we have new employees that just moved to Sweden.

*15.00, first Monday of the quarter*

*SIRENS*

"Oh, that's just the air raid sirens, nothing to worry about."

just the neighbour rattling his sabre, nbd

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    @credeiki @Powerpuppies @skippydumptruck @Feral

I just beat the Heart on Ascension 7 with a goddamn Shiv deck.
    O7TXDdt.png

I took the 100 gold from the Whale and then on floor 3 walked into a store and bought Apotheosis. From there I lucked into some really good Shiv relics and cards. 43 cards is too much; I should have been more selective. In Act 4 I lucked out by getting Pentagraph just before the Heart. I needed that extra 25 health because I only had 5 health left when I won. On the other hand, my Apotheosis was on the bottom of my deck against the Heart, so it wasn't ALL amazing luck.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Footwork and dodge and roll go nice together

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019

all their games are equally gorgeous and with equally fantastic soundtracks

Pyre is very odd, gameplay-wise, their other two are kind of similar to each other, but also very different

for Bastion, you should have a controller. It controls like a twin-stick shooter, and it does not work nearly as well on a keyboard. One of my absolute favourite games of all time though.

https://youtu.be/gQWAcgefsQQ

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    for some reason my search came up with this video

https://youtu.be/6kN5YTkWigo

it is a charming little video, also, to repeat one of the two comments (it has like a thousand views), 0:06 alarm rings 0:30 car rolls out, jesus

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    My ranking of Supergiant Games

1 - Transistor
    2 - Pyre
    3 - Bastion
    ? - Hades
    5 - Until Dawn

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

don't play Bastion last. Bastion is their first game and probably their least good game if you like pyre.

I'm not gonna claim it's a wrong opinion but some people felt Pyre was their worst game.

Hard disagree about Bastion. Game is a ton of fun to play. Has great music. And a good story.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Hard disagree about Bastion. Game is a ton of fun to play. Has great music. And a good story.

Maz, they made 3.8 games so far. Statistically, one of them has to be their least good game. It's Bastion for me. it's a great game, an absolutely fantastic game even.

But Transistor and Pyre were better.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Oh, did I mention that I had to go through Time Eater with a goddamn Shiv deck to get to Act 4?

'cuz I did

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Bastion's narration, and world, and everything

and super solid gameplay where I got into that flow where you see the inner workings of the universe and not even the buddha himself could match your skill, makes it easily number 1

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Oh, did I mention that I had to go through Time Eater with a goddamn Shiv deck to get to Act 4?

'cuz I did

Did you have kunai or shuriken

Cuz if so no sympathy

sig.gif
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Maybe we don’t have to rank them in a listicle and they are all good

• Options

Yep, they're all fantastic games that i love.

• Options

Sure, but there's then nothing wrong with saying "I wouldn't start with bastion, it's not as good as the one you already played"

sig.gif
  • Options
    I still haven't finished Pyre because I just could not get into fantasy basketball

but the rest of it is so excellent that I really want to

but for me the gameplay bit leaves me cold and stands in the way of the rest

utterly fascinating setting though, which they seem to be able to make like brushing lint off their sleeves

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Maz, they made 3.8 games so far. Statistically, one of them has to be their least good game. It's Bastion for me. it's a great game, an absolutely fantastic game even.

But Transistor and Pyre were better.

I wanted to like transistor but after the
    part where you find the dead terrorists in the apartment building
    i stopped because i was bored.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
This discussion has been closed.