As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Best of luck to those drawing. I've got some decisions to make.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I've only got a couple of dupes on fest banner 1, might as well give this a try.

1/11: Firion Glint (dupe)

....that is bullcrap. I refuse to leave it at that.

2/11: Shantotto Arcane, WoL USB2

Still missed any of the headliners but it's new so I'll count my blessings and leave it at that.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The chain banner now has 6 chains (I think that's two more), and Terra/Butz are after that, so I'm going to go hog on banner 3, then blow some on 4 or 5.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fest banner 1 100 gems: failure

Data for posterity:
    12 misses in a row

40/379 lifetime

2/29 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is -9 under EV, which is catastrophically bad, but it's just a game!)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!), Curilla USB (dupe).

• Options
    edited March 2019
    The only noticable change I glanced was that instead of Red XIII's earth chain and lmr, it's Rikku's water chain and lmr on Banner 3 now.

I'm pretty sure everything else was left unchanged, aside from the banner orders.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I'm actually not certain if or which of the festival bnaners I want to go for. There ain't no Holy Awakenings to be had, so I guess I'd be interested in Bartz and Terra for favoritism purposes.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Single 11 pull on banner 1 got me 2 discos

Which were both Zidane AASB

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    100-gem: Nada
    5/11! Two disco!: Firion LMR, Shantotto LMR, Firion Glint, Firion BUSB! Zidane AASB!

Well! An awakening and a build your own character in one goddamn pull!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Banner 1: 4 dupes
    Banner 2: 1 dupe
    Banner 3: 3 dupes
    Banner 4: 3 dupes
    Banner 5: 0 dupes

Banner 4.5, I'm not sure (anyone have it handy?)

I can budget 8. I'm thinking 2 on 3 (I still need lightning and water chains, there's both on there), 3 on 4 (grand prizes), 1 on 4.5 for the potential fun (seph comes back, right?), 2 on 5 for lack of dupes and syldra help.

Thoughts?

• Options
    I think I'll have 4 or 5 pulls. But the only overlapping chain element I have would be Edwards, so I'm just going free fire on 3 until I have two non-holy chains, or everything else on the banner.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    And here's me with 11 Mythril (though with like 20 or so tied up in stuff I haven't done).

That's no surprise, though; I have been consistently bad at stockpiling mythril.

But I like the stuff I have, so that's no big problem.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    After review, the banner reorder is annoying. Ice is the only chain I’m missing so I’m budgeting 2-3 pulls - having it late in the order means I can’t throw an extra pull at anything but banner 5 if I hit the chain early.

Key remaining question is whether the Core banner is worth it. With the freebie pull I expect so.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

I can budget 8. I'm thinking 2 on 3 (I still need lightning and water chains, there's both on there), 3 on 4 (grand prizes), 1 on 4.5 for the potential fun (seph comes back, right?), 2 on 5 for lack of dupes and syldra help.

Thoughts?

Irvine chain seems pretty good for Syldra if you have good Squall and Laguna stuff. If you get it and already have the other stuff, maybe you don't need banner 5.

IMO banners three and four are the best in a vacuum. I'm probably going to throw a pull at two for the wind chain (in addition to draws on four).

Seriously, banner 4 is real good, like dang

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish the cloud darkness tech was better.

it being so mediocre really makes that banner less impressive from where it could be.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    And here's me with 11 Mythril (though with like 20 or so tied up in stuff I haven't done).

That's no surprise, though; I have been consistently bad at stockpiling mythril.

But I like the stuff I have, so that's no big problem.

It helps that I quit playing a year or so ago, and so had all sorts of mythril to farm to catch back up.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I wish red numbers stayed on the chain banner. Rikku chain is pretty meh holding tidus chain. Tidus is just amazing at water.

Knight_ wrote: Β»

it being so mediocre really makes that banner less impressive from where it could be.

Heh so he does need to be the best at everything!

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    I wish red numbers stayed on the chain banner. Rikku chain is pretty meh holding tidus chain. Tidus is just amazing at water.

Heh so he does need to be the best at everything!

if you're gonna take up half the "best" banner with your shit it better be good!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

Thoughts?

Irvine chain seems pretty good for Syldra if you have good Squall and Laguna stuff. If you get it and already have the other stuff, maybe you don't need banner 5.

IMO banners three and four are the best in a vacuum. I'm probably going to throw a pull at two for the wind chain (in addition to draws on four).

Seriously, banner 4 is real good, like dang

Irvine? His is...oooh. Good call.

Yeah, my physical ice stuff hasn't improved much since I got Tiamat sub-30.

Ignoring SSB, people of note (noting I've got Rinoa Chain, at least, but she's magic):
    Xezat BSB (lol)
    Umaro BSB (lol)
    Laguna BSB (enIce), dived
    Snow BSB (enIce, last stand)
    Haurchefant BSB (lol)
    Ayame BSB (enIce), OSB
    Squall BSB (enIce), dived, enIce LMR, Glint
    Delita BSB
    Noel USB (which is pretty bad, unless Syldra has an A/M/R buff)
    And I guess Sora USB now

Like....just the chain is not my problem here.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm actually not certain if or which of the festival bnaners I want to go for. There ain't no Holy Awakenings to be had, so I guess I'd be interested in Bartz and Terra for favoritism purposes.

Banners start having awakenings on them now holy shouldn’t be too far out.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Rem should be late April, Orlandeau early May. Depends on if they move the banners around or not.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Banner analysis for me, based on dupe count and wanted/cool/meh.

1: 2 dupes. 2 wanted, 2 cool, 10 meh. Not worth pulling when the only things I want would be Zidane's AASB or Vaan's stuff (who would need multiple hits on this banner to earn a spot on the Cloud & Friends team).

2: 3 dupes. 3 wanted, 7 cool, 4 meh. OK stuff is nice, but he's my buffer 99% of the time so I'd never use his glint or LMR2. Kain stuff is nice but it'll come back eventually with his w-cast LMR. Raines USB/AOSB is good, but that LMR is somewhat wasted if he uses Wrath. Not worth pulling for me.

3: 5 dupes. 4 wanted, 4 cool, 6 meh. This one's risky - I've got chains in each element, but Vincent's is an upgrade over Krile's, Rikku can help speed up my water team, and Edward's is much better for mage teams than Ramza's. Thing is, I don't actually need any of those.

4. 3 dupes. 7 wanted, 4 cool, 3 meh. THIS is the banner to pull on. Even a dupe of Cloud USB3 wouldn't be bad for the 6* +dark armor, and all the LMRs are good (Terra's less so unless you also have her AASB).

5. 0 dupes (!). 7 wanted, 4 cool, 3 meh. Second banner I'm pulling on. Celes is waifu-tier - I'm actually hoping for her en-ice LMR more than her USB2 or CSB. I've already got Laguna's CSB (and he can imperil), and en-ice works better with her USB1's ability double. The USB2's front row quickcast is less useful when Elarra's the healer.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Just gonna play the waiting game till banner's 4 and 5. Those first 3 don't do it for me at all. I just hope there'll be mithril left for 5.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    While I don't have any of the chains at the top of banner 3. . . I was mostly looking for the earth/fire chains and they removed the earth chain. Feel like I should skip and focus on 4 then 5 then dissidia.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah... kinda sucks that I'm missing a Holy chain but there's too many dupes in the CSB Banner especially knowing it will return in a few months (Ramza's).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So couple of thoughts.

1.) Core banner tonight? Maybe? Possibly? Who knows. I've been waiting six months for it. Depending on how that goes...

2.) Fest banners! Sort of iffy on them. It's not that they're not good, but
    a.) I scraped by with a kill on Adamantoise, so I'm not as concerned with chasing Alphi chain on an otherwise not great banner. I'm at 3/4 copies of Adamantoise, but the 20 minute kill attempts are soul draining. Elarra USB would actually cut a lot of that time off, I'm pretty sure, which gets back to point 1.
    b.) I completely lucksacked into a Holy Chain (Oflight), but it might be a good idea to go after Edward's Chain regardless. The rest of the banner doesn't really excite me or serve me very well.
    c.) Bartz/Terra is great obviously, but with Sora/Axel Awakenings, and Zack Chain, I don't necessary have to go after them here. Maybe to shore up my physical dark, and if I get them as well/instead, that's nice. On the other hand, Sephiroth AASB is soon for physical dark, and magical dark for that matter. That Dissidia banner is actually bonkers overall.

3).) Dream Select banners! So if I don't get Elarra USB1 on the Core banner, 100% I'm getting it here. If I get it on the Core banner, I'd have to think about what to take, or possibly just skip it? I could also grab Godwall for future proofing purposes. I'm also strongly considering the AOSB select. BSB and OSB selects are right out, and Glint I don't think would help me much either. LMR select I'm iffy on, if only because rank 2 Anima Lens are great to spend on LMRs.

4.) We're about 2 months away from the Realm draws resetting. The pools for each realm will be updated with recent items, and the first pull will reset to 15 Mythril. So that's 255 Mythril that needs to be earmarked, though there's enough time to accumulate that much left, even if you're at zero today.
    4.5) We're also 3 months away from the $10 Full Throttle draw renewal. Select one set of protagonist AOSB + USB, and healer USB.

5.) Apropos of nothing, I went back into Famfrit after a long time of not farming it, and I can't kill it anymore. Going to have to do it over from scratch, which is annoying. Edgar USB, LMR and LD still feels feeble. I kind of want to do it with a straightforward healer strategy, rather than a razor's edge Edge USB0 strategy, especially since my one Hades ate my other one for my Madeen deck.

• Options
    I think the core banner is a pretty big trap.

Only tyro and elarra stuff is actually good, everything else is pretty mediocre.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

Only tyro and elarra stuff is actually good, everything else is pretty mediocre.

Dr Mog Ultra seems real nice. Hits 4 different elements, including Holy, and chases black magic or summons with more damage, or white magic (including Holy) with medica.

Wedge is a rare Wind Mage, for what that’s worth.

• Options

3 pulls for 100 myth is still pretty good value.

• Options
    4.) We're about 2 months away from the Realm draws resetting. The pools for each realm will be updated with recent items, and the first pull will reset to 15 Mythril. So that's 255 Mythril that needs to be earmarked, though there's enough time to accumulate that much left, even if you're at zero today.

There is also a draw for every element, so I think the total is 375 mythril or something? Its a lot. And then next fest is coming what a month after that with its own ROP now with awakenings for another 85.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

There is also a draw for every element, so I think the total is 375 mythril or something? Its a lot. And then next fest is coming what a month after that with its own ROP now with awakenings for another 85.

Oh wow, I legit did not know that. I'll amend my plans accordingly.

• Options
    The next Realm Reset after that hasn’t happened in Japan, right? So you have over half a year to earmark mythril for those banners.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    no, it's in like 2 months.

edit: oh after that, reading is hard. either way though you kinda gotta pull right away or not at all, since their pools don't get updated they just become worse over time.

honestly i'm going to try and skip most of these ones, since i got very little of value from my realm pulls the first time around. ysayle usb/lmr was about it.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Man I had a lot of trash. Already got my AF weapons on lvs 45, 33 and 33 (atk, mind and magic daggers). I'm...actually considering doing a Waifu pull for Squall or Cloud's Artifact just because. They look so shiny and I want a shiny Ultima Blade in my setup.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Question, when should we expect Anima Lenses? I'm trying hard to convince myself that maybe I should not spend 30$ on mUSB and pull for something else entirely.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Alphinaud wind chain is my hopeful get, so I'll be pulling on banner 2 a lot. But I'm hoping to get it fast so I can also pull on Celes' banner.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The next Realm Reset after that hasn’t happened in Japan, right? So you have over half a year to earmark mythril for those banners.

JP got a realm draw referesh as we got our first, so look for around mid-late May?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Realm draws reset in about 2 months, also eight elemental banners are added at that time. But we have seen no sign that those banners leave, so you have gobs of time to accumulate mythril for them.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Well, we can hope that they refresh all those banners every 6 months. That would be awesome.

Here's a handy list of AASBs coming in the next few months.
    Question, when should we expect Anima Lenses? I'm trying hard to convince myself that maybe I should not spend 30$ on mUSB and pull for something else entirely.

I think we have about 2 months? 3 months at the most.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Realm draws reset in about 2 months, also eight elemental banners are added at that time. But we have seen no sign that those banners leave, so you have gobs of time to accumulate mythril for them.

I think they come before anima lenses, so you can't hold them until after and get piles of lenses that way.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Ok looking at my current element/magicite needs. Yeah I'm definitely going all in for banner 4. I'm missing a Wind Chain and I could actually use Cloud's Dark Stuff for my Dark Team. I'm probably gonna save my Mythril for the Dissidia Event or try to pull on the Dark Banner for Seifer's Chain depending on my luck with banner 4.

edit: and as far as torments go, I'm only missing FF14 with a d280 clear. I'm gonna try it again later today after I mote up Yda but I should be set for my realistic FFRK goals. D??? seems a bit far off on a lot of realms.

lionheart_m on
This discussion has been closed.