As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I auto’d W11 for the first time today. Worked, but took like 3-5 minutes a run, so I just went back to manual since I was watching sports anyways. Once I can get Luluca up to 6* and some better equipment, should speed it up.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    my current auto run is very slow but it's a 3 man so i can level people. i basically don't break the shield and let tam/angelica heal it to death with ss bellona doing damage eventually.

i did manage to make enough dogs to 6* j. kise and then also got her to 60 though, so it has been worth it even if each run has been slow.

what is your w11 comp?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    I’ve cleared W9, but am run into a wall on wyvern 10. My team is Rose, Angelica, Karin, and Furious.

My problem is that the wyvern will randomly target Karin and 1 shot her. She is 5 star/5 awakened, so maybe I just need to get her up to 6 stars to do it?

• Options
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    I’ve cleared W9, but am run into a wall on wyvern 10. My team is Rose, Angelica, Karin, and Furious.

My problem is that the wyvern will randomly target Karin and 1 shot her. She is 5 star/5 awakened, so maybe I just need to get her up to 6 stars to do it?

my w10 strategy was rng through it once and then do w11 because it always hits your frontliner, w10 sucks because the rng is so brutal. not being able to take a single hit is rough though, thats a problem. do you have any character you could use to apply another debuff so wyvern doesn't double attack? as far as i can tell you only have defense down.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    my current auto run is very slow but it's a 3 man so i can level people. i basically don't break the shield and let tam/angelica heal it to death with ss bellona doing damage eventually.

i did manage to make enough dogs to 6* j. kise and then also got her to 60 though, so it has been worth it even if each run has been slow.

what is your w11 comp?

I'm using Angie as tank, Sez for DPS, Luluca for DPS/Breaker, and Dizzy for status ailments. Without Dizzy, Angie takes a bit too much damage for my liking (tried SS Bellona for extra DPS and more breaks). Maybe with a bit more health/def it would work. Also Luluca is only 50, has ok gear, and only minor Mola investment. Once I get her S1 mola'd higher and get her crit rate higher (60% right now) she should start pulling even more weight.

• Options
    My RNG has been shit for a month or so, in this game and others. With RL really sucking right now, I was half tempted to put these games on hold. But this morning's gold stones got me a ML pull, 5* Judge Kise! That's crazy, I've been foolishly refreshing the secret store to get mystics, and have used around 600 so far, without a single 4* or 5*. Then this morning, my first 5* ML is the gal I was shooting for.

It'll take me awhile to get her leveled, geared (perhaps this new PvP gear), and awakened/mola'd. But she'll be a great replacement for Sez in the arena so I can focus Sez on PvE. Curious that the wiki recommends speed on her, vs attack or crit with A. Lots.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I can auto 9, but not reliably. I assume I have to raise Rose or Angelica or both to 60. I did get Commander Lorina this morning, so now I need to read up about the runes and what not.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Grats on probably the easiest PVP cleaver there is!

I still dont have an ML 5 and a long ways to go with the pity one heh. Just fine a way for joy for you. For us here its finding alternative comps and using off meta heroes to kill meta comps. :)

That said if you guys ever get the heroes up make sure to try Rikoris, Dingo and Achates with your favorite fast cleaver. It is pretty broken.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    I can auto 9, but not reliably. I assume I have to raise Rose or Angelica or both to 60. I did get Commander Lorina this morning, so now I need to read up about the runes and what not.

You don't need 60s to even auto 11. It is all about gearing really. 50s with full awakens and good gear can do pretty much all the game. My only 60 on my PVP team is Dizzy and I reguarly beat full 60 teams with it.

• Options
    I do have Rikoris and Achates, neither has been used too much. Slowly working through and will have to increase my total gear inv# soon to accomodate all these heroes.

My mystic pull this morning netted me a damn 3* artifact, womp womp.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I still dont have an ML 5 and a long ways to go with the pity one heh. Just fine a way for joy for you. For us here its finding alternative comps and using off meta heroes to kill meta comps. :)

That said if you guys ever get the heroes up make sure to try Rikoris, Dingo and Achates with your favorite fast cleaver. It is pretty broken.

I’m guessing this is Cleave -> invincibility/skill cooldowns?

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »

I’m guessing this is Cleave -> invincibility/skill cooldowns?

It is PVE mainly. Ricks will cleanse buffs from other team, Dingo will cleanse your team, if you mola them you can get -2 cd every other turn or 3 because they -1 each other and themselves. If they have good gear Dingo does ok aoe dmg as well. So you can add achates for the targetable invincibility and -1 cd and super cleanse or like tams so she is ready to re change pretty much every time she pops out and you can bring a cleaver so they will have their S3 or combo up all the time really.

It is a speed super auto set really but it clears content. Ladyjubs uses her super enott so not even a cleaver but he is always self buffed and chonking out 30k dmg per hit. If she had Ludwig she would have stupid dmg because of the invincibility from himself and achates on Ludwig and him always throwing out his S3.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I wonder when the next free unequip is. Would cost like half a million to switch stuff to my a lots and j kise, which is fine but idk if the set I have planned for her is the right one so I might have to play with it a little which is just even more gold.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    We just had one so.. a couple weeks probably?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Well I bit the bullet. With 3756 atk and 277 cdmg she can blow up enemy teams pretty effectively. I need more speed on my a lots, “only” 214 so he’s outsped a decent amount which, if it’s a dizzy, means I lose. An immunity set for kise would also fix that, but no gear for that atm. I think once I get the support units 60ed and geared and I finish the skill enhance for kise I should be ok.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm ok with a couple weeks. That'll give more more Mola for J Kise as well as getting her to 60. She's only up to 40 after grinding yesterday.

• Options
    I'm whittling away at the Tam banner, I doubt I get to 122 at this pace, but I'm 65 or so pulls in while maintaining my 605 bookmark trove for the next one. Which will be Luna. Because I will it to be so.

Fortunately, I was able to grind out a bunch of runes before the event ended last night for Commander Lorina. That's gonna be a long road to maxing it out; it's a shame the event doesn't have a "buy 40 runes" for that flavour.

• Options
    Just ran into my first Maid Chloe, yikes lol. Revived the team and added revive to everyone else.

• Options
    The main question is should I buy another Tag Book? I have 89 powders right now and my Tag Book is at 2/5 with 17/20 souls to start. Right now it works since Bellona tends to go first for 2 and A. Lots gets 1 with his S2. However it seems at higher PvP level's, I need to get A. lot's as fast as possible and I may not be able to get Bellona to go first.

The other option is to burn one of my Noble Oath's or Dignus Orb's for 30 more (hope for 1 more drop in the hunts) and then get 2 Tag Books to get me up to 19 Souls to start, allowing A. Lots to finish it off with his S2.

• Options
    19 souls to start is what i'm using. it's pretty required for j. kise honestly. even with the alots attack buff she can't ohko everyone with just s2. s2+s3 is enough for all but the most tanky team members though, and they're usually not so scary (except ml kens oh god no my face).

the other option is to get that extra taghaels, put a 2nd mage in your team, and let it ride with the 17+10, since generally the fight is already over one way or the other once a.lots and kise have finished their job, heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    19 souls to start is what i'm using. it's pretty required for j. kise honestly. even with the alots attack buff she can't ohko everyone with just s2. s2+s3 is enough for all but the most tanky team members though, and they're usually not so scary (except ml kens oh god no my face).

the other option is to get that extra taghaels, put a 2nd mage in your team, and let it ride with the 17+10, since generally the fight is already over one way or the other once a.lots and kise have finished their job, heh.

Hmmm good point. Do you use a defense breaker for her? Or is she strong enough without one? I could swap in Vivian since she's got a pretty great base speed as well. Or I could swap in Champ Zerato.

Right now I use Bellona, A. Lots, Sez, and Dizzy. It's mostly Bellona first with breaks, then A. Lots boosting Sez for cleave. I don't want to remove Sira-ren from Dizzy, which has me pondering another mage.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Hmmm good point. Do you use a defense breaker for her? Or is she strong enough without one? I could swap in Vivian since she's got a pretty great base speed as well. Or I could swap in Champ Zerato.

Right now I use Bellona, A. Lots, Sez, and Dizzy. It's mostly Bellona first with breaks, then A. Lots boosting Sez for cleave. I don't want to remove Sira-ren from Dizzy, which has me pondering another mage.

At higher PvP you'll need a breaker or some way to focus down a target, but until you hit Challenger level, you'll be fine with one cleaver. In my experience, until Challenger, most defense teams are trying to cleave you, so as long as you can outspeed them, you're fine.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    i don't def break before her combo no, i don't have a way to get another unit that fast. right now i'm using a. lots @ 221 speed (+4 from a schuri imprint), who pulls up kise, and then the fight is generally over. the only dps i've seen survive through the burst regularly so far has been ml ken, but he's built very tanky generally anyway since he doesn't need crit or speed.

ml ken is very terrifying.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    i don't def break before her combo no, i don't have a way to get another unit that fast. right now i'm using a. lots @ 221 speed (+4 from a schuri imprint), who pulls up kise, and then the fight is generally over. the only dps i've seen survive through the burst regularly so far has been ml ken, but he's built very tanky generally anyway since he doesn't need crit or speed.

Right, but what you're going to start seeing eventually is instead of enemy DPS, you'll run into:

F. Cecilia
    Krau/C. Armin
    Ruelle/Destina
    Dizzy/ML Ravi/ML Ken/Violet/A. Cartuja

One shotting a comp like this without def break is super hard, since they're just really tanky, and after your burst, they just full heal and then just stall you till protector's punishment kills you.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Right, but what you're going to start seeing eventually is instead of enemy DPS, you'll run into:

F. Cecilia
    Krau/C. Armin
    Ruelle/Destina
    Dizzy/ML Ravi/ML Ken/Violet/A. Cartuja

One shotting a comp like this without def break is super hard, since they're just really tanky, and after your burst, they just full heal and then just stall you till protector's punishment kills you.

ya, i think you need a lot of gear to survive though. i've not had too much trouble with double/triple tank yet, the only one where the dps survived to attack was a f. ceci, c. armin, a. vildred, dizzy comp that i didn't pop vildred on the s2, but since the s3 pushed all their cds back ss bellona killed them all countering dizzy's s1 and i still got through. i assume once i get to challenger it'll be a lot worse when they have gear to survive but honestly whales always win pvp in a gacha game so i'd be plenty happy to camp out in challenger heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    How about healers? I could do j. kirse, a.lots, bellona, and vivian. Or if i push for 19/20 on tag book, i could use Roozid instead of Vivian for the team speed +8.

Edit: jecht has some speed as well if healing is needed. Or CR Armin for some defense.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    ML Kise and Aux lots will carry you for awhile. An ultra fast vivian will help with the dizzy counter and/or best speed imprint you have would help. Or like an otillie/armin/ss bell for that nice reduced dmg taken or auto attack back heh.

• Options
    1yofq4jpeas9.jpg

Next SC changed posted on FB this morning. Not a surprise for people who follow upcomming heroes/spoilers but still could be interesting.

Trying to think what they could add to make better.
    Carrot! Could make her shield much higher chance as well as a bit more chance on S1 like they typically do. Probably either add something or increase potency of shield. for the S3 could add something like a buff strip or the like and a dmg modifier increase or conditional CR debuff or the like. Could make her a real solid tanky mage as she does have ok base def.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I flat do not have a team that can do Abyss 80. So frustrating. Iseria Tamarinne is just not a good combo for that fight and my main DPS is usually Sez whose unhealable is... unhelpful... in phase one. I'm building up Challenger Dom but don't have enough crit damage gear. I was hoping getting her attack above 4k would result in her being decent but even when she has her buff and is critting 100% of the time she hits like a wet noodle with 200% total crit damage.

Also I've been playing for like 160 days now and I'd like to get an ML 5 star at some point :(. My friend that started playing like two months ago has gotten ML Ken, A Ravi, Judge Kise, Maid Chloe, and I think one or two others? In his first 10 ML pulls he had more 5 and 4 stars than 3 stars. It hurts my head. Oh I guess the Ravi he got from a mystic summon so that doesn't count.

By my estimation I need to get Angelic Montmorancy 6 starred, probably A Lots and BBK or Shooting Star Achates? Just another like 20 million gold and maybe 18 or so 5 star phantasmas...

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    I’ve been playing since early January and don’t have any natural ml 5s either. It’s really not a big deal.

Check the abyss rankings for 80 if you want team suggestions. I don’t remember which fight it is.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Ive been playing since right before Luna banner and I have yet to get a ML 5. Still missing some reg Nat5s as well. Just the way the game works heh.

For your challenger Doms problem you have other fast heroes with her critting right? Her whole thing is crit dmg yes but also her teammates critting a lot before she goes. Like a built in hellcutter of crit dmg.
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I’ve been playing since early January and don’t have any natural ml 5s either. It’s really not a big deal.

Check the abyss rankings for 80 if you want team suggestions. I don’t remember which fight it is.

Just find a comp that works for you I agree. People have beaten it with all 3*s.

Jhect, SC Kluri, Tiera, Hazel (not SC).

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Yeah I can put teams together just a grind to get there!

But it's nice to have something to work towards.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Good I suppose, because I am up to my eyeballs in Carrots.

Is there a rhyme or reason to when the guild xp buff thing is on/off?

• Options

It is purchased by guild officers. So usually they have to jump on when it is expiring and reup the buff.

I have to say on a personal account note. SC for Rikoris is by far the most brutal yet. 250 Arenas is taking For-Ev-Ur.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Just re-upped it sorry!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

It is purchased by guild officers. So usually they have to jump on when it is expiring and reup the buff.

I have to say on a personal account note. SC for Rikoris is by far the most brutal yet. 250 Arenas is taking For-Ev-Ur.

3 weeks eh?

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Just re-upped it sorry!

Ah, no worries, I was just curious if it was always applied by the same person who wakes up PST or something. Holy hell I have levelled so much fodder today.

• Options
    PvP at the top of master might as well just be whoever goes first wins, it’s so silly.

At least I can finish 10 flags in like 2 minutes.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Ah, whittled the Tamarinne banner down to 42 summons until guaranteed, but didn't want to go too hard into my stash. I did get a Dignus Orb artifact tonight tho, and completely upgraded the smith building.

• Options
    PvP at the top of master might as well just be whoever goes first wins, it’s so silly.

At least I can finish 10 flags in like 2 minutes.

Yea that sounds about right. It'll transition after Master into tank comps.