As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Just a reminder for everyone - the 5/day stage from the first act of the event is still available, and is a quick and easy 300 event currency each day.

I keep forgetting to do the dumb Arky hammer event, mostly because I got discouraged early from going 4 or 5 days in a row with no golden Arky's. I don't like that level of RNG involved in those reward events, I much prefer the ones like the last one, where you'll get everything eventually.

Also, thanks for all the suggestions yesterday. I added Lorina to my event farming team so I can get her prepped for her SC. Any thoughts on who'd be best to 6* next? I was thinking either Tam or SS Bellona, but I could pretty easily be convinced of another option.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    both excellent choices long term, but of those two i'd probably do ss bellona first only because dps gets more out of cap breaks because they use the attack and tama's 6* awakening is largely useless anyway (rip atk% spheres) so it's mostly for surviving raids and abyss more than hunts.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Who are you using to tank? Ken would be worthwhile to add to the list. Properly geared a Ken will open up a lot for you. There is a reason why many consider him the best overall unit in the game.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    My current wyvern team has Tam tanking with a Prophetic Candlestick, plus A. Montmo for extra survivability, and then SS Bell and Sez. I need to properly gear up my Ken, I stopped using him because he kept dying too easily, but that was also with most of his gear still in the 40's.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Crozet would be another option to get up to 5* and gear out. You can use him to soak dmg with Aurius on you W11 team or just gear him out to ridiculous defensive stats and throw a defensive arti on him like Noble Oath. The Noble Oath buff increased my % clear of W11 by a fair margin. Edit: I am not saying Tams tanking is not a valid choice it very much is it just increases the gear check for W11 because a fire unit.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    *kicks in the door*

Border Coin is on the dust shop!

https://youtu.be/-kcOpyM9cBg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Already used 120 powders on Tagehel’s Ancient Book since i've yet to see one and now I can soul burn Sez's cleave in the arena (not that it's helping much lol).

I have a maxed out Hell Cutter already since i've been lucky with it and it works great on Cermia. She usually gets 6-8 stacks before going, which while isn't as good as Border Coin, it's good enough (since I wouldn't have enough powders for 3 Coin's anyways).

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    so i finished abyss 78, 79, and 80 today. 21 golden transmit stones, plus the 4 i had sitting around, is a big number.
    MB0db4e.jpg

mostly looking for some cleave since mine is pretty rinky dink right now. got a flash on the first pull:
    mUv3f0o.png?3
    ok, that's pretty good, i can get bbk with my c.armin recall and that's a pretty strong cleave core. next two pulls were nothing. final pull, got another flash, started with nothing, then got the gold and thought that was it, still plenty of 4*s i would like so feeling pretty great. and then the 5* animation started and i jumped out of my chair
    OrBXVk3.png?1
    well that's an all in one cleave team sorted then. i think that's probably my 2nd most wanted ml 5 for favoritism (ml ken is really cool) and probably the actual best for what i needed, and to get a.lots with her, i'm amazed.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Well you are ready to run to highest PVP now then heh.

• Options
    Nice! I’m stuck on the no debuffs abyss. Need to get Lorina SC’d and geared.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Beat the Automation Tower! The bookmarks gave me my first Rikoris so that's one more for the class change later.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    What the. I was grinding through my fodder and raising up some units and needed 3 4* to raise Angelica. I got a Silver dog to 30 and then removed it from my team, so I could raise it to 4* and then feed it to her annnnnd now it's gone. There should be a max 3* dog but it's just....gone. Uh, what?

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    What the. I was grinding through my fodder and raising up some units and needed 3 4* to raise Angelica. I got a Silver dog to 30 and then removed it from my team, so I could raise it to 4* and then feed it to her annnnnd now it's gone. There should be a max 3* dog but it's just....gone. Uh, what?

did you feed it to something else by accident. i've done that since they sort to the top

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I didn't. Annoying, at least it's 50% extra XP right now.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I didn't. Annoying, at least it's 50% extra XP right now.

are you sure you didn't place it on another team, so it's just hiding in a different part of the menu?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Went through my teams just now, just a 21 on a team. Weird, no idea what the heck happened there. Oh well, popped some penguins into another 21 Silver and advanced it then fed it to her. Now I just have to level her up some.

On the upside, 11 missions, 800 monsters and the trial battle and Commander Lorina is mine.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Todays the day to try out Yuna's crazy S2 unique equipment. See if it is as OP as people thought it would be.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Man, I think I figured out how they get all their money. It's 190 pulls for the mystic summon guarantee vs 121, and each pull is 50 vs 5. Using the packs, that's over $500 easy just to get 1 unit.

I was thinking about this as I used 350 mystic markers on this banner since it has some good alt units and artifacts. Only got trash though.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Man, I think I figured out how they get all their money. It's 190 pulls for the mystic summon guarantee vs 121, and each pull is 50 vs 5. Using the packs, that's over $500 easy just to get 1 unit.

I was thinking about this as I used 350 mystic markers on this banner since it has some good alt units and artifacts. Only got trash though.

Mystics are for super whales mostly yea, so they can get the new meta ml heroes.

With the pity at least there is some light at the end of that tunnel, I get ~3-4 a week from guild war and hunts, plus maybe one or two from the shop so it’s not impossible to get to 200 eventually.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    They are talking about lowering that one to 121 too.

Yuna's S2 unique equipment is pretty cool. It does appear to roll for each hero rather than a flat pass fail for the whole group. So the chance at getting greater attack on at least one person is reasonably high.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Yuna's S2 unique equipment is pretty cool. It does appear to roll for each hero rather than a flat pass fail for the whole group. So the chance at getting greater attack on at least one person is reasonably high.

Still over $400 haha. Yeah I think I need to just ignore Mystics till I have thousands of them, since you need 6,000 of them even with 121 for a guaranteed pull.

It's telling me I need Yuna 5* awakened for her gear, does that mean the 5th orb or does she need to be 6*?

• Options

Still over $400 haha. Yeah I think I need to just ignore Mystics till I have thousands of them, since you need 6,000 of them even with 121 for a guaranteed pull.

It's telling me I need Yuna 5* awakened for her gear, does that mean the 5th orb or does she need to be 6*?

Awakenings are the stars you get for spending the runes. 5th awakening is the level 50 rune.

• Options
    Took my new Wyvern team of Rose/Angelica/SS Bellona and Karin out for a spin, they trashed 9 pretty good and Angie was only level 41 at the time. Not sure who to take to level 60, but getting Angie to 50 and then trying to decide this weekend.

• Options

The mystic pity does roll over until you eventually get a ml 5 from them unlike the standard one.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I had a couple mystic rolls today, got poop. Did a couple regular summons on the banner, got Aurius and Hilag Lance, so that's not as bad. Wife watched me play a little bit last night and asked, "I thought these japanese games had women with big boobs?" Then Rose popped he S3 and she went, "Oh, there we go."

edit: third mystic roll, poop 3* artifact, womp womp.

Nosf on
  • Options
    I had a couple mystic rolls today, got poop. Did a couple regular summons on the banner, got Aurius and Hilag Lance, so that's not as bad. Wife watched me play a little bit last night and asked, "I thought these japanese games had women with big boobs?" Then Rose popped he S3 and she went, "Oh, there we go."

edit: third mystic roll, poop 3* artifact, womp womp.

Excuuuuuuuuuuse me, but this game is korean.

• Options
    So Koreans like big hooters too huh? The first one she saw was poor Angelica then it was just a chesty parade of Vivian, Silk and Rose I think.

Silk's idle animation got a laugh.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So Koreans like big hooters too huh? The first one she saw was poor Angelica then it was just a chesty parade of Vivian, Silk and Rose I think.

Silk's idle animation got a laugh.

I showed this to my brother in law and he almost choked on his beer when I showed him ML Kise's S3.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I am surprised Kise doesn't just wollop them with her boobs. 100% crit rate for sure.

Hm, the new gear items - cooldown -1 on S2 or S3 for Rose? They're both 7 or 8 haste, so not a huge discrepancy there.

Nosf on
  • Options
    ml kise's s3 is... doa adjacent.

hopefully she eventually gets the beach karin treatment honestly. somehow the skin where she's wearing a bikini is the less ridiculous animation.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I am surprised Kise doesn't just wollop them with her boobs. 100% crit rate for sure.

Hm, the new gear items - cooldown -1 on S2 or S3 for Rose? They're both 7 or 8 haste, so not a huge discrepancy there.

Depends on where you're using her. If you use her for Wyvern S2 is good since it throws a barrier on her as well or S3 for more CR push and attack. For regular PvE, the S1 boost is probably best since it combines 2 boosts into 1.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Speaking of which, do we know if these will stick around or rotate? I don't have any of the characters but Rose, however I could always pull one down the road.

• Options
    They haven't said when but it was supposed to be for more heroes I'm pretty sure.

• Options
    i would hope they would just add to the list. the currency is rare enough that just grabbing every good one available just in case even with bad stats wouldn't really be possible.

a rotation would be ok as long as it was fairly short. the powder of knowledge shop has kinda been dunking on that though, as i missed buying one i wanted recently and it probably won't be back for 6+ mo.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Haha, another 50 mystic doodads in the shop netted me Krau. I thought for sure I was gonna get Judge Chesty McGee, but oh well.

edit: I've been reading the news and clicking auto on the tower of automation for the evening, i had been avoiding it because of the energy cost, but i find myself up 5 or 6 leifs so far. What's more, I'm on floor 70 now and only had to retry one floor once.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Am I missing something? A. Lots has 201 speed, Bellona has 205 speed. Yet every arena match this morning A. Lots was going first?

• Options
    Am I missing something? A. Lots has 201 speed, Bellona has 205 speed. Yet every arena match this morning A. Lots was going first?

at the start of combat turn order is initially randomized a bit based upon speed. Basically each unit can be + or - 5 speed, so A. Lots could have been getting +3 speed and Bellona -3 speed so he'd go first.

• Options
    Hmm ok. When will we start getting crests again? I could really use some of that arena equipment.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Whoa, quite a morning. Clicking through all the various event rewards, dispatch missions and such. Found myself 2 bookmark summons over what I need to to guarantee the next hero. Also wind up with enough for a mystic summons. Go and do that, womp womp - got poop. Take a stab at first bookmark summons; poop again. Maaaaaan. Hit it again....Furious! Woohaw! Dicking around, getting daily penguin, realize I have the free summons, go in and ... Vivian! Awwww yeah, now with the other spare I have and 3 5* pups I've got my third 60.

Wound up pushing all the way to automaton 79 last night before calling it, will have to look at why I was failing and take another stab at it.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Near 100% now on W11 and G11. Have to pop in manually to fire off a burn or arky from time to time bo no biggie.