As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MORTAL KOMBAT

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I think the thing that makes my hands feel the oldest in fighting games might be mortal kombat asking you to do special move cancels with back forward

I used to be able to do this thing! Now getting it just feels random.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    It’s taking me a while to get used to pressing right trigger to block on the Xbox. I play fighting games weird with the controller, I use a mix of the dpad and the joystick for movement and moves, I’ll need to break that habit if I’m ever going to reliably block

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Oof I have to go to bed. Plan to spend most of tomorrow with this. Like the good old days.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i have not, nor will i ever start blocking in a fighting game

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Holy shit noob saibots helmet variants are fucking awesome. Like Jesus Christ, you can basically turn him into a nazghul or Sauron

Also one of Cassie cages gun variants is called “this pistol grabs back”

Also there’s a “justice warrior” skin for Sonya

Looks like NetherRealm is poking fun at the grumblegaters who say they’ve sold out to the social justice warriors because their games no longer have giant boobs and thongs for the female characters. I approve of this

Prohass on
  • Options

I managed to beat the campaign on medium without blocking so there’s no stopping me now

• Options
    I named my burning spear oriented variant for scorpion the Arizona Handshake

I love his alt default costume with the white

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm at work and my copy is right behind me in my jacket pocket. Gonna be a long day. I wish there was a way to tell my ps4 I bought it to start downloading whatever the day one patch is.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was actually still awake last night when it unlocked on my PS4 but...i knew if I started I'd stay up way too late.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

There was a mission in Injustice 2 that was like "win a round without blocking" and I was like how the hell else do you win a round

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Tube wrote: »

There was a mission in Injustice 2 that was like "win a round without blocking" and I was like how the hell else do you win a round

I keep doing it on accident trying to activate special moves, because I'm bad at fighting games

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Accidentally blocking is the worst because it means the computer thinks you're a coward

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    DBF ruined me because I have always preferred NRS style games with the block button but I played a lot of it and spent most of last night angrily, repeatedly,
    realizing holding back was doing nothing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I tried Injustice some last night

Am I a big dumb baby coward if I just want to button mash my way through Batman doing cool things, and would it be worthwhile in any way for me to buy MK11 if that's all I'm going to do in that game

• Options

Am I a big dumb baby coward if I just want to button mash my way through Batman doing cool things, and would it be worthwhile in any way for me to buy MK11 if that's all I'm going to do in that game
    Yeah

MK is, IMO, the most accessible big fighting game for folks who just wanna fuck around and mash stuff out

It also has a ton of single player content between the story mode, arcade, challenge towers and also the Krypt which is like a weird psuedo adventure game?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    no, and yes

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Also the MK tutorial has something I don't think I've ever seen before that needs to be in every fighting game going forward

When doing kombos, it has an hourglass surrounding each button press in the kombo, which starts emptying when the window for that button press starts so you know exactly what the timing on that kombo has to be

It is INCREDIBLY USEFUL

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Yeah

MK is, IMO, the most accessible big fighting game for folks who just wanna fuck around and mash stuff out

It also has a ton of single player content between the story mode, arcade, challenge towers and also the Krypt which is like a weird psuedo adventure game?

Okay good! Because I absolutely need to get Injustice 2 at some point so that I can beat everyone up as Hellboy

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Yeah

Okay good! Because I absolutely need to get Injustice 2 at some point so that I can beat everyone up as Hellboy
    IJ2 is pretty dang good too

And the legendary edition or whatever that has all the DLC folks is routinely on sale for like 10-20 bucks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah IJ2 is great

And man oh man I am loving MK11’s story mode

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I started playing around with this last night, exploring the karacter kustomization as well as doing the tutorial & running around the krypt.

I did all of these because my roommate asked me to not start the story mode till tonight, as he was busy playing Modern Warfare with his gaming clan.

I started internally screaming and I'm sure, nearly 3000 miles away, @Chincymcchilla felt it.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Anyone get the Switch version?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I started playing around with this last night, exploring the karacter kustomization as well as doing the tutorial & running around the krypt.

I did all of these because my roommate asked me to not start the story mode till tonight, as he was busy playing Modern Warfare with his gaming clan.

I started internally screaming and I'm sure, nearly 3000 miles away, @Chincymcchilla felt it.

i am in Florida for work i think we are as far apart as we can be in the states

still got me in the gut

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    of course Kotal has the best voice in the game because it's Phil Fuckin' LaMarr

• Options

still got me in the gut

i am very sorry you have to be in florida

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

still got me in the gut

still got me in the gut

i am very sorry you have to be in florida

I dont like it

but i get per diem money that i cant spend on anything but food so i have license to over eat

that parts good

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    become unto sloth, zack

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Still annoyed by how weirdly strict block punishes are with their buffering. It's like you need frame-perfect timing for a basic jab punish, which is especially difficult with how varied block stun duration can be, and we all know how awful online play can be if you don't have your block punishes down. It's a weird difficulty hurdle in an otherwise easy to get into game.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Still annoyed by how weirdly strict block punishes are with their buffering. It's like you need frame-perfect timing for a basic jab punish, which is especially difficult with how varied block stun duration can be, and we all know how awful online play can be if you don't have your block punishes down. It's a weird difficulty hurdle in an otherwise easy to get into game.

Yes. Yes, we all know that. Of course.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I thought using block was punishing enough...at least psychologically

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    glad to see Erron Black continues his path of "character I think looks really cool and do not like playing at all"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I wish they’d given you random goons to fight in the krypt to spice things up, use some of the character models from the campaign

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Krypt spoilers for after getting the headband
    So I found Kenshi's corpse and got the item from him. The first time I activated it's ability I was instantly killed by something. It looked like maybe some spirit thing that grabbed me from behind. I have no idea if that's scripted or a random thing, but now I tense up a bit every time I go to activate that headband.

edit- not related to the above comment about fighting ppl in the krypt.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What's "block"?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    If you are on PC good god turn off TAA

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Hearing this might be shoddy on PC, anyone else having problems?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The unlocks are painfully slow. All I want is non weird undead looking Kitana.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there's already complaints that they're purposely making them hard to get to get folks to spend more on microtransactions.

I'm wondering how long before NR tweets out that it's a bug in the code and they're going to adjust it

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they actually said before launch that they're going to adjust things

which, i mean, good, but also, if it takes that little feedback...

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The unlocks are painfully slow. All I want is non weird undead looking Kitana.

i think you get her normal skin if you beat the campaign? I could be wrong though

And its likely going to be a balance between avoiding too much negativity with the unlocks and seeing what they can get away with to encourage purchasing currency. I think it would be helpful if you could get like modifiers that encourage unlocks for a certain character you like.

Prohass on