As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Meth: It's a hell of a drug.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Does the Goldfish mean actual goldfishes, or is it some kind of product brand?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    jzl0sf74xgp4.jpg

The Waukesha freemen is the only good thing from Waukesha, but what a gem it is.

There is a lot to unpack in that paragraph.

Like so much.

"Pulled out a Green Bay Packers lawn chair"

Pulled out from where? and did what with it? I'm picturing her, like, waving it over the opossum like a giant fan.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/waukesha/news/waukesha/2020/02/25/woman-performed-spiritual-ritual-dead-possum-waukesha-police/4870877002/
    From her car, apparently.

Read cat three times, didn't make it any weirder.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Does the Goldfish mean actual goldfishes, or is it some kind of product brand?

It's the snack that smiles back, until you bite its head off

Although they changed that slogan

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    banner-goldfish-chedder_v4.jpg

Little cheesy crackers in the shapes of fish, for those who are confused (I don't know where the brand is and isn't sold.)

At least, I hope she was using crackers and not throwing actual dying golden carp on the possum.

• Options
    Ok. So it's a cheesecracker in the shape of fish.
    Still Even as weird goes that's really weird.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Pope calls on people to give up trolling for Lent:
    The pope made his appeal to tone things down while speaking to tens of thousands of people in St. Peter's Square for his general audience on Ash Wednesday, the start of the 40-day season that leads up to Easter.

Lent, he said in partially improvised remarks, "is a time to give up useless words, gossip, rumours, tittle-tattle and speak to God on a first name basis," he said.

"We live in an atmosphere polluted by too much verbal violence, too many offensive and harmful words, which are amplified by the internet," he said. "Today, people insult each other as if they were saying 'Good Day.'"

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm sure they will =p

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The pope made his appeal to tone things down while speaking to tens of thousands of people in St. Peter's Square for his general audience on Ash Wednesday, the start of the 40-day season that leads up to Easter.

Lent, he said in partially improvised remarks, "is a time to give up useless words, gossip, rumours, tittle-tattle and speak to God on a first name basis," he said.

"We live in an atmosphere polluted by too much verbal violence, too many offensive and harmful words, which are amplified by the internet," he said. "Today, people insult each other as if they were saying 'Good Day.'"

Reading this, all I can think of is John Quincy Adding Machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBGtwV8_hsE

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular

"Listen, Jehovah... Can I call you Joe? How about Yah?"

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Even if you are Bruce Wayne, your car still has to be street legal:
    A car designed to strike fear into the hearts of criminals everywhere has been impounded by authorities in Russia.

The "Batmobile" - or more accurately a custom-made likeness of the superhero wagon seen in the film Batman V Superman - was spotted and seized by Moscow traffic police over concerns that it does not fit road safety regulations.

A statement from the city's branch of the Ministry of the Interior has said that the so-called "batmobile" was confiscated in central Moscow.

It was apparently "not manufactured within factory conditions" and was neither registered with authorities nor certified as roadworthy - the Russian equivalent of an MOT test. Upon closer inspection, police determined the car was also unlikely to be deemed safe for public roads.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    How big is 40oz? That sounds like a lot.

1.25 liters, very approximately

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Even if you are Bruce Wayne, your car still has to be street legal:
    A car designed to strike fear into the hearts of criminals everywhere has been impounded by authorities in Russia.

The "Batmobile" - or more accurately a custom-made likeness of the superhero wagon seen in the film Batman V Superman - was spotted and seized by Moscow traffic police over concerns that it does not fit road safety regulations.

A statement from the city's branch of the Ministry of the Interior has said that the so-called "batmobile" was confiscated in central Moscow.

It was apparently "not manufactured within factory conditions" and was neither registered with authorities nor certified as roadworthy - the Russian equivalent of an MOT test. Upon closer inspection, police determined the car was also unlikely to be deemed safe for public roads.
    Should have went with the Murciélago.

sig.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Has the batmobile ever been clamped? Like, in the comics?
    No registration, a number of illegal mods...
    I want a story where it gets towed and Bats has to provide two forms of ID to get it back.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    klemming wrote: »
    I want a story where it gets towed and Bats has to provide two forms of ID to get it back.

It has anti tamper countermeasures, so I pity the guy who tries. Batman probably keeps a large angle grinder in the trunk just in case.

Its kind of a dropped detail but historically Batman has also cultivated the perception that he has legitimate super powers and not just gadgets - it's easy to forget that common knowledge among readers might not be in-universe. The cops probably assumes he'd just rip it off and throw it into the ocean.

Hevach on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I've known traffic cops who honestly wouldn't let that stop them. One inch over the line, and your fate is sealed.
    Batman couldn't intimidate them, and he couldn't attack them due to them showing themselves to actually be honest law enforcement.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I've known traffic cops who honestly wouldn't let that stop them. One inch over the line, and your fate is sealed.
    Batman couldn't intimidate them, and he couldn't attack them due to them showing themselves to actually be honest law enforcement.

But Batman is a millionaire, those comic book honest cops would be fired in an instant, probably leading to them eventually becoming villains, according to Gotham natural law

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

it's had its wheels jacked

by a young Jason Todd =p

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Bad news: plagues of locusts

Gone right: Release the Quacken

tgbrsl5w6e0h.jpg

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    And when winter comes, all the gorillas will freeze to death!

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    they look all muddied, the Uruk-duck

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    And when winter comes, all the gorillas will freeze to death!

Ducks and duck eggs are good eatin' :biggrin:

• Options
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    they look all muddied, the Uruk-duck

Uruk ducks?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

by a young Jason Todd =p

Well, historically speaking, the batmobile has been prone to losing wheels at inconvenient times.
    At least once, that allowed the Joker to make good on his escape.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

by a young Jason Todd =p

Well, historically speaking, the batmobile has been prone to losing wheels at inconvenient times.

Just don't remind batman about his BO problem. He's very sensitive about it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

by a young Jason Todd =p

I mean, it's understandable. Dude is out every night jumping and running and beating up bad guys for hours on end, then sits in his suit in front of his super computer for another several hours.
    That's got to work up a sweat, and then just grind that bat funk into the kevlar threads or carbon nanotubes or whatever science material he's using.
    And it's pretty rare to see other bat suits in the cave aside from ultra specialized versions that aren't optimized for everyday wear.

Sure, Alfred can try to wash it out, but there are only so many non bat-hours in a day. The bat funk builds up over time.
    That does go some way to explaining why the suit is so often stored in a hermetically sealed glass case rather than on an easily accessible coat rack.

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Now I feel very sorry for Alfred!

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Was his military background a comic thing, or just in B:TAS?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

by a young Jason Todd =p

I mean, it's understandable. Dude is out every night jumping and running and beating up bad guys for hours on end, then sits in his suit in front of his super computer for another several hours.
    That's got to work up a sweat, and then just grind that bat funk into the kevlar threads or carbon nanotubes or whatever science material he's using.
    And it's pretty rare to see other bat suits in the cave aside from ultra specialized versions that aren't optimized for everyday wear.

Sure, Alfred can try to wash it out, but there are only so many non bat-hours in a day. The bat funk builds up over time.
    That does go some way to explaining why the suit is so often stored in a hermetically sealed glass case rather than on an easily accessible coat rack.

Maybe the glass case has like, a pressurized febreze atmosphere or something to try and deep clean it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    When he gets sweaty enough all the bad guys can hear him squeaking around in his suit and they pretend not to notice

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Was his military background a comic thing, or just in B:TAS?

I feel like I've seen him have some sort of military medic background in multiple things.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    When he gets sweaty enough all the bad guys can hear him squeaking around in his suit and they pretend not to notice

At least it's not this
    https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2014-06-26

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

This was actually talked about on the Good Morning From Hell podcast when they were interviewing the Joker. Was actually being voiced by Troy Baker - really well done.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

It has anti tamper countermeasures, so I pity the guy who tries. Batman probably keeps a large angle grinder in the trunk just in case.

Its kind of a dropped detail but historically Batman has also cultivated the perception that he has legitimate super powers and not just gadgets - it's easy to forget that common knowledge among readers might not be in-universe. The cops probably assumes he'd just rip it off and throw it into the ocean.

I do recall one of the lines the Joker could announce to his henchmen in the Arkham games being along the lines of "Don't be afraid! The rumors he drains the blood of criminals probably aren't true!"

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

Ah yes

Possession of a cured vehicle

The most heinous of crimes

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Ah yes

Possession of a cured vehicle

The most heinous of crimes

They were driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee Lardo.

• Options
    Lincoln Bacontinental

Jerkia

Pastramitsubishi

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

by a young Jason Todd =p

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.