As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Avengers] We’re in the Endgame (now with Open Spoilers)

OdinOdin Registered User regular
edited April 2019 in Social Entropy++
Todd Thanos stole the Infinty Brews and wiped out half the universe...

Find out what happens next in Avengers: The Legend of Bucky’s Gold

098zbcpppty0.jpeg

Use spoilers wisely or Todd will tie you to his truck and drive through a cactus patch

Odin on

• Options
    I loved this dumb movie a whole lot, guys

Also not really a spoiler but just in case:
    There’s no post credits scene

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I got my ticket for early Friday to a 4DX showing.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Odin wrote: »

Ok but...
    Is there a mid credit scene?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options

Ok but...
    Is there a mid credit scene?
    No, and I think it’s a good choice personally.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Work got us an early showing on Thursday so I'll let you know if you see Thanos' butt or not

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    The Mary Sue liked the movie and thats good enough for me.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

feeling oddly cocky that i correctly made this called shot earlier, especially since i know i'm absolutely the only one who bothered to remember that i did

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Gonna watch this in 30mins time, my guess on deaths before going in:
    No one dies, and Loki is still alive. Thanos destroyed.

• Options
    I wont be seeing this for about 24 hours but Ill throw my death predictions in here ao its on record and I dont forget
    cap and ironman dead. Thor appears dead. Nebula dead but Loki and Gamona alive.

Quire.jpg
  • Options

feeling oddly cocky that i correctly made this called shot earlier, especially since i know i'm absolutely the only one who bothered to remember that i did
    Were people saying that there would be? Was I? Jeeze I hope not. No credit scene for the end of the line is to perfect a move.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

No end credits scene works, but I could clearly hear everyone in the theater being a little disappointed.

I had said in advance that three hours might be too long, but they packed a lot of stuff in those three hours.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    It was alright

• Options
    Had some disappointing character directions, and a bit of a flubbed ending and i personally think that it didn't make infinity war worth it

But overall was mostly good and enjoyable

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I got my tickets ready for Thursday and the hot takes will be ready.

I mostly only thought IW was just okay(and didn't make sense in some parts) so it'll be interesting to see how I like this one.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Do the women in this get treated any less bad than they did in Infinity War?

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Movie was great!
    Amazing reactions from the crowd too
    Like a rollercoaster of emotions

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I have tickets for 8:30 tomorrow night, took Friday as a day off to sleep in and also to just sort of...process.

I am real excited

• Options
    WheatBun01 wrote: »

yeah mostly

doesn't get anywhere near as bad. Still don't think it did right by a bunch of characters, but it doesn't have that same awful streak as infinity war

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Does Thanos get his balls punched off or what

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    No no, Thanos will have his butt pull apart which will cause his balls to explode. Duh.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Final predictions before I abandon all things Avengers until I see my 8 AM Saturday showing:
    - Infinity War was the action movie, this one's going to focus more on the drama of fixing the problem, less fights
    - Thanos will be dead or dying when they go to confront him at the beginning of the movie, the gauntlet is useless, pulls the rug out from under their plans early on
    - Hulk and Banner will become separated (so Ruffalo can retire but Hulk will stick around)
    - The scene from the trailer wherein Cap and Tony reconcile was a misdirect. I think they CGed the modern Cap suit onto Avengers 1 Cap there.
    - Unexpected return cameos: Obadiah Stane, the Ancient One, Odin, Hera
    - Thor becomes new All-Father, creates a new Mjolnir for someone else to take up
    - Tony retires, gets married
    - Cap either dies or gets multiversed into another timeline where he gets to live out his life with Peggy

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Got out of this an hour ago and still pretty hyped.

Loved it.
    I now have serious questions about some announced projects, and also whether or not they'll address the fact that half of Peter's schoolmates who would have been going on this European trip with them have instead spent 5 years in what basically appeared to be a post-semi-apocalyptic wasteland, while the other half continue their education as normal.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    McFodder wrote: »
    Got out of this an hour ago and still pretty hyped.

Loved it.
    I now have serious questions about some announced projects, and also whether or not they'll address the fact that half of Peter's schoolmates who would have been going on this European trip with them have instead spent 5 years in what basically appeared to be a post-semi-apocalyptic wasteland, while the other half continue their education as normal.
    They could probably get away with not acknowledging Infinity War or Endgame in Far From Home. Maybe mention that someone isn't in their class because they didn't get dusted, so they're 5 years older.

I guess the Scarlet Witch/Vision TV show has to start with rebuilding Vision.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Muggins wrote: »
    Work got us an early showing on Thursday so I'll let you know if you see Thanos' butt or not

There's a quality bit of butt content in this movie.

Outside of that, kind of a mixed bag, but it does have some excellent highs, and the lows are rarely actively bad (they're mostly flaws that the MCU, as a 'genre', can't seem to shake). I liked it, but I don't think I'll need to watch it again.

EDIT: Went on IMDB to check a casting thing, and the featured quote on the movie's page is a real big spoiler.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    All I wanna know... does coulson appear in it?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The biggest question is if Goose survived The Snap.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Someone spoil me on who dies/comes back

• Options

Okay.
    double spoilering, just because.
    Everyone who was dusted comes back
    Nat dies
    Tony dies
    Gamora comes back
    Steve is old because of time travel

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »

yeah mostly

doesn't get anywhere near as bad. Still don't think it did right by a bunch of characters, but it doesn't have that same awful streak as infinity war

Actually, having thought about it there's still some pretty bad scenes with nebula, but it doesn't have the same awful gratuitous torture scenes etc

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Okay.
    Nat dies
    Tony dies
    Gamora comes back
    What about Loki

• Options

Okay.
    Nat dies
    Tony dies
    Gamora comes back
    What about Loki
    the loki that died in infinity war is still completely dead and not even mentioned

I guess there was some time travel fuckery but it's not definitive, or emphasised

• Options

Okay.
    Nat dies
    Tony dies
    Gamora comes back
    What about Loki
    Loki is in the movie because of time travel, but is not brought to the current time. As far as the movie shows, Loki and all other asgardians killed at the start of Infinity War are still dead.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I watched it!
    I guess Gamora is really dead, huh. Sorry, our new Gamora is different person, and I will be really pissed off if she will get paired with Peter again.

My favourite character survived - Thor - but Im not really happy that he got turned into a comic relief character for 90 % of the movie.

My low-key favourite secondary character is Nebula. You rock girl!

Also, this movie has the funniest joke / best reference to the comics / most clever line of dialogue in a whole MCU, which is
    Captain America saying "Hail Hydra"!

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Hit me with a yes or a no. Is Korg in it?

• Options
    Kanden wrote: »
    Hit me with a yes or a no. Is Korg in it?
    yeah

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Watching Civil War tonight and will probably watch Infinity War in the morning, before spending a day at a way crowded mall just to make sure I have a parking spot for the movie.

I just wanna see Tony and Steve have a good hug. That's my hope for End Game. Just a good hug.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed it quite a bit, though things do kind of flair around a bit in the middle, there's some great payoffs and a whole bunch of fanservicey cool bits.
    Steve with the hammer was brilliant, plus that whole elevator sequence, as was schlub Thor and Carol completely no-selling a headbutt. I really liked the whole Into the West sequence at the end, especially Old Man Steve handing over the shield

My only real hrrrrm moment was Nat being the one who got sacrificed to the Soul stone, as soon as they got there meta knowledge meant it was her and then it's like what does this rock only accept ladies as payment? Girl Gang sequence in the final throwdown helped but still...

Looking forward to Iron Lass in 10 years or so

The new status quo opens up a lot of fun story possibilities, the 2020 and beyond slate should be full of good, non X-Men stuff.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Phew, I am pretty emotionally drained!
    The whole Five. Years. Later. thing was really effective in helping cement consequences and make sure the impact of what's going on wasn't dulled for the rest of the movie. This was one of the ways I expected them to handle the snap/fix dillemma and I am very happy with it

The last half hour of the movie I was a faucet and otherwise frozen by excitement. Hoo boy that was exhausting in the best way

Stray thoughts/moments I enjoyed:
    - Carol no-selling Thanos' headbutt was the SHIT
    - Thor's beard getting braided when it's showtime
    - Scarlet Witch everything forever
    - Loved getting to see The Ancient One again
    - A lot of good was done with Nebula. She has climbed the favourite rankings for me quite a bit

Couple small negatives:
    It wasn't too bad for a first viewing, but the first half of the movie will feel pretty rough on a rewatch, I think. It's a weird act to knit together though and I'd prefer them erring on this side of pacing over the other

Thor as comedy relief was too much for me at times. I was on board for a lot of it but some things like Fortnite as a punchline just will never work for me

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    Watching Civil War tonight and will probably watch Infinity War in the morning, before spending a day at a way crowded mall just to make sure I have a parking spot for the movie.

I just wanna see Tony and Steve have a good hug. That's my hope for End Game. Just a good hug.
    Tony has a good hug?

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Just got back from Endgame, and all I have to say is
    ALL

THE

WARRIORS

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen