Options

You're The [chat]

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The Original. 80s Power Ballad all the way!
    Couscous wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man that is the most american and then rez/native conversation ever. The office assistants outside were talking about food. The youngest lady was talking to one of the older assistants and she is more my age. First they were talking about how this microwave food the youngest got was labeled medium but was too hot as it contained "some heat". To which my brain said "a medium amount of heat then?".

But then they progressed towards young love. The younger was talked about this guy who likes her so much that after their last date he came back last weekend with a deer heart for her to eat. To with both the younger and the older OA proceeded to "awwww" at and say "yeah he really likes you".

So are certain hearts more meaningful than others or would a deer heart and turkey heart be about the same?

well a deer heart is probably bigger

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I always thought lichs were cool.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    So are certain hearts more meaningful than others or would a deer heart and turkey heart be about the same?
    It's a more meat-eating version of the Victorian flower language.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Update: MrMrMister is safe, at least for now. By contrast, his work friend just got told she could either quit or keep working full time for half pay :?

what the fuck

so they won't fire her so she can collect unemployment

that's fucking crazy

like that seems like it should be illegal...?

that's the type of thing that you can collect unemployment on usually. I forget the exact terminology, but it's same as the situation where the person with a 40 hour a week job gets told, you get 5/hr a week or you can quit. It's constructive termination (I don't think that's the term of art though).

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Wow, just had an auto-playing video of people holding decapitated heads and shouting come across my Twitter feed

That feels very Old Internet

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    what people describe as food poisoning can different things

if its lasting a couple of days + fever its likely E-Coli poisoning.

Had that one it was not pleasant

was that the thing that still, 15 years later, gets referred to as "the Panera Incident"

YES

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Women for Climate Action! Save the World!
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Really, Days Gone does not have zombies. They are feral humans called Freakers.

Those are called zombies.

The Freakers don't decay and sleep.

How do they not decay

Are they eating burgers inbetween bouts of zombieing?
    I don't think any representation of zombies in any popular media even comes close to standing up under scrutiny. You can't have actual dead things move around because of changes that occur in dead muscle tissue just short hours after death. Parasites that goad the still-alive body to move around still need to somehow maintain metabolism and eat. And after two weeks... well, that means that MAGIC is involved, which also means MAGIC IS REAL (and not in a Chuck Tingle sort of way), which means you can start studying to become a necromancer (at the very least).

Imagine a zombie game set in a realistic world where the player character is trying to figure out how zombies can work in the hopes it will help in stopping them. Nobody can figure out how the zombies work as none of their ideas can explain all the major features of the zombies. The character gets to the source of the zombies and it turns out to be literally magic done by a necromancer.

What a twist!
    I would love to play a zombie adventure/puzzle game where they randomized the source of the zombies with some twists, and each playthrough of the game has a different story. Maybe in this one, the zombies are a virus? Maybe in the next playthrough, the zombies are magical? And in each iteration, they have different weaknesses depending on the source.

Maybe a game where multiple sources of zombies happen at once.

"Zombies are after us!"
    "Dead people brought to life by magic zombies, virus zombies, fungus zombies, or weird animal parasite zombies?"
    You find out it's two SEPARATE corporations that are trying to beat each other to the market and simultaneously released two separate zombie forms, and they are fighting each other. It's like Umbrella Corp versus Proctor&Gamble or something.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    The Panera incident was a high fever coupled with everything coming out of both ends for about 3 days

and out of about50 people at the event half of us got ill to some degree

• Options
    There was that movie that had a signal that made all the parents homicidal.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Why do we have so many zombie games but hardly any lich games??

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The Panera incident was a high fever coupled with everything coming out of both ends for about 3 days

Coming out at both ends reminds me of my roommate when he got salmonella.

Well that and Corey Chase at a family reunion.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    (I will cop to being very tetchy about "food poisoning" versus "you definitely have the flu or something else you can get help with, my dude" because I have. several friends with severe immune issues and our health system sucks and it's very exasperating so apologies if I was sounding v internet bossy, it's just v frustrating, especially because our system is built to be shitty and stay shitty)

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I had a moment where the best move was to just lean over to the bathtub while sitting on the bowl, feeling like I was so smart...

I fell off the bowl.

life is suffering

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

I had a moment where the best move was to just lean over to the bathtub while sitting on the bowl, feeling like I was so smart...

I fell off the bowl.

life is suffering

Yeah that was pretty much his play. Like it was gross either way, but I preferred the vomit in the shower versus the shit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

Power Rangers?
    Star Trek?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I fell off the bowl.

life is suffering

I once had to make a decision about throwing up or shitting in the toilet and it was 3:20 am and I was delirious because I had just been throwing up for like 15 minutes at that point.

And let me tell you the decision "throw up first then shit" was the wrong fucking choice

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

I fell off the bowl.

life is suffering

Very zen

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Women for Climate Action! Save the World!

"Mom and Dad"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mom_and_Dad_(2017_film)

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »

Power Rangers?
    Star Trek?

I think Nicholas Cage was in it.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    ok I called the advice nurse from kaiser and as expected she said

1. my description is consistent with food poisoning, maybe salmonella specifically
    2. it isn't necessary to go in to see someone unless it is like this for a whole week without any improvement
    3. stay hydrated eat easy foods etc

so in other words, a waste of time, I am correct, etc

but also actually not a waste of time because it's nice to have a compassionate person talk to you and be like o noooo your guts :(

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    i mean also to be clear I no longer have a fever and there hasn't been any vomiting (thank god), so, whatever

• Options
    How do you really know that numbers aren’t changing when you’re not looking at them?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

I fell off the bowl.

life is suffering

Yeah that was pretty much his play. Like it was gross either way, but I preferred the vomit in the shower versus the shit.

jfc

Use the trash can. Then you can just dump it in the toilet and don't have to clean a chunky shower drain.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm such a sad nerd that the inconsistencies of the zombies in Santa Clarita Diet kind of bothered me

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    yeah going to file under net win, pls continue to take care of you <3

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    How do you really know that numbers aren’t changing when you’re not looking at them?

i tape them down

• Options

because that's not how numbers work and there's no reason to believe they are changing when you're not looking at them

next question

• Options

ye sorry for being tetchy; I'm hangry

• Options
    it occurs to me i did not have an action plan for the possibility of having to evacuate both ends at once

trash can sounds like the most sensible. even has a bag in it

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

because that's not how numbers work and there's no reason to believe they are changing when you're not looking at them

next question

This doesn’t seem like empirical truth, also doesn’t follow from ground truths, as long as the numbers maintain their relationships

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    it occurs to me i did not have an action plan for the possibility of having to evacuate both ends at once

trash can sounds like the most sensible. even has a bag in it

yeah usually that'd be my go to but the trash can was like tucked under the sink and I couldn't get to it before the chocolate rain came

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Being able to call a nurse sounds like a great service except for it being managed by private insurance

Calling in with a gunshot wound like
    "Oh yeah, you should sleep it off. Definitely don't go to the hospital."

• Options
    They need an Undying sequel.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I fell off the bowl.

life is suffering

I once had to make a decision about throwing up or shitting in the toilet and it was 3:20 am and I was delirious because I had just been throwing up for like 15 minutes at that point.

And let me tell you the decision "throw up first then shit" was the wrong fucking choice

Look, just get into the bathtub. This makes things so much easier.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Cred I have homemade chicken soup in my freezer, not sure I could send it to you but I would if I could.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I am blessed to have an arrangement where I can spew into the tub while I shit into the toilet without much straining

it comes in handy whenever I decided to eat 6 day old take out leftovers

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Being able to call a nurse sounds like a great service except for it being managed by private insurance

Calling in with a gunshot wound like
    "Oh yeah, you should sleep it off. Definitely don't go to the hospital."

Well if you die how are they going to collect insurance from you?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

I fell off the bowl.

life is suffering

Look, just get into the bathtub. This makes things so much easier.

No do not recreate tubgirl.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »

ye sorry for being tetchy; I'm hangry

I did figure that out and again sorry, wasn't trying to net nag ;^.^ hence why I clarified for the broader context of "please be careful with that"

This discussion has been closed.