As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] Coronavirus can't kill HotS if it's already dead #rollsafe

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    i'm looking at talents and i think this will be my initial build to try:

1 - Finishing Touch [Passive] Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes below 50% Health deal an additional 20% damage and grant 35% Attack Speed for 2.5 seconds.

jimmy's level 20 at level 1? fuck yeah my dude. the bleed damage quest talent might be good too, but there's SO many AA synergy talents that i think Finishing Touch is hard to pass up.

4 - Your Pain, My Gain [Passive] Basic Attacking an enemy Hero grants Qhira 10 Armor for 3 seconds (stacking up to 3 times).

psuedo perma 30 armor just for smacking shit. this seems insane. and it's at level fucking four. easily the best option on this tier, hands down.

at 7 either The Thirst [Q] Anytime Carnage damages an enemy Hero, Qhira’s next Basic Attack within 4 seconds deals 12% additional damage and restores 50% of the total damage dealt as Health. Damage stacks up to 10 times.

OR

Healmonger [W] If Blood Rage damages an enemy Hero below 50% Health, it Heals for an additional 213 Health.

the first translates to more damage (AA crits/lifesteal) but the 2nd will provide more bursty healing. depends on what you need and what you're after. Siphoning Link seems too unreliable, esp considering you're tying your healing option to a 16 sec cd. Q is a 6 sec cd and W is an 8 sec cd, much more reliable.

10 - Final Strike [R2] After 1 second, strike your sword in a line to deal 432 damage to all enemies in its path. This damage is increased by 25% to any enemy below 50% Health.

it's hinterland blast! 40 sec cd is fuckin' snazzy. R1 seems unreliable til level 20, because it has a 2.5 sec windup and i think you can probably just, walk outta that.

at 13 it's looking like either Chainsaw [Q] Carnage’s cooldown regenerates 100% faster while an enemy Hero has maximum Blood Rage stacks.

OR

The Hunted [Passive] Basic Attacking an enemy Hero increases your Basic Attack damage against them by 25% for 4 seconds (stacking up to 4 times). This bonus is reset if a different Hero is attacked.

Chainsaw has ridiculously good synergy with The Thirst at 7 (twice as many AA crits/lifesteal), like i'm pretty sure you just always slam Chainsaw if you've taken The Thirst. on the flip side, The Hunted gives you up to fucking +100% AA damage. that's nuts, y'all. combine that with Finishing Touch and The Thirst, right.

at 16 it's kind of whatever you need i think. they all seem great. spell armor if you need the survivability, booming kick for better cc, lingering ailment for MOAR DAMAGE

they all seem great.

at 20 i'm not sure because, again, they all seem nutssss. Silent Killer is fucking BONKERS a goddamn fucking 2 second PBAoE Silence into a 0.75 sec stun with only a 0.5 sec window to avoid it. GET FUCKED. this is probably THE REASON to take R1. just like Entomb, even if you can't get Entomb value all game, you play for the 20 and fucking Silence them and win on the spot. Unleashed Potential seems fucking crazypants too. JUST FUCKING BECOME LI-MING, SURE. otherwise, No Sanctuary looks like a solid general value talent if you can't get value from the other two. 20% movespeed and 20% more damage on targets below 50% health. insane.

so basically seems like you can go all in with a pure AA focused build (taking Finishing Touch, The Hunted, No Sanctuary. or you can go pick up The Thirst and Chainsaw and have a bit more versatility? it'll be hard to say. definitely gonna be trying that pure AA build first.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I can kind of understand the argument that HotS is itself a Blizzard property so it gets a nod in the roster. I think that was Orphea though, and when you make another one, at this point you're just making LoL characters. (if they had added Mundo though that would be another story)

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I guess I would care more if I had any investment in any of Blizzard's other characters. To me as long as the hero is fun and not too game-breaking (jury's out on this one) I'm fine with whatever they want to do. Wish there were more tanks is all.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    i mean look

my thought process is this, right. at this point, they've given us, what, like 70+ fucking blizzard characters?

at this point who fucking cares if they wanna give us a 2nd nexus OC. not fuckin' me, i don't give a shit. it's not like we'll never get blizzard characters ever again.

and she's RAD AS HELL, like. i could understand being upset if she was dumb and just wholly uninteresting but she's fucking cool.

so yeah sorry like, i can't understand anyone getting upset about adding a 2nd nexus OC when we've already gotten 70+ blizzard characters, it's fine. keeps things feeling fresh, honestly, which is maybe what the game fucking needs right now

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    i mean look

my thought process is this, right. at this point, they've given us, what, like 70+ fucking blizzard characters?

at this point who fucking cares if they wanna give us a 2nd nexus OC. not fuckin' me, i don't give a shit. it's not like we'll never get blizzard characters ever again.

and she's RAD AS HELL, like. i could understand being upset if she was dumb and just wholly uninteresting but she's fucking cool.

so yeah sorry like, i can't understand anyone getting upset about adding a 2nd nexus OC when we've already gotten 70+ blizzard characters, it's fine. keeps things feeling fresh, honestly, which is maybe what the game fucking needs right now

I mean to be fair there is a very real possibility that we won't get many more characters. So far there's no proof that they're developing new things other than what they had already started before the announcement.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    You know those fan polls people make on Reddit and shit? Like, "Which characters are you most excited for?"

Was #1 on anyone's list, "Another character we've never heard of, but this time it's not even connected to the existing HotS realms? Like she's from that same techo-tribal city that Orisa and Doomfist are from, you know, fucking what's it called? Numbani? Yeah but, except it's like, an alternate dimension version of that place though, really."?

I'm guessing most people wanted like, I dunno, Deathwing and Bwonsamdi and shit.

I mean I'm just guessing.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    And who knows, maybe this was a setting that was going to get a new game but was cancelled. And maybe they’ll come back to.

I’m definitely curious about this world.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    You can really tell that they started with "Let's do a character with a cool whip or chain whip sort of thing" and they just went down, and down, and down the list and realized that absolutely no one in Blizzard games did that.

Don't that Indiana Jones and that other dude from WC both use whips?

Harrison Jones and Reno Jackson?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea but literally no one would be excited for Reno Jackson in hots

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited July 2019

1 - Finishing Touch [Passive] Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes below 50% Health deal an additional 20% damage and grant 35% Attack Speed for 2.5 seconds.

jimmy's level 20 at level 1? fuck yeah my dude. the bleed damage quest talent might be good too, but there's SO many AA synergy talents that i think Finishing Touch is hard to pass up.

4 - Your Pain, My Gain [Passive] Basic Attacking an enemy Hero grants Qhira 10 Armor for 3 seconds (stacking up to 3 times).

psuedo perma 30 armor just for smacking shit. this seems insane. and it's at level fucking four. easily the best option on this tier, hands down.

at 7 either The Thirst [Q] Anytime Carnage damages an enemy Hero, Qhira’s next Basic Attack within 4 seconds deals 12% additional damage and restores 50% of the total damage dealt as Health. Damage stacks up to 10 times.

OR

Healmonger [W] If Blood Rage damages an enemy Hero below 50% Health, it Heals for an additional 213 Health.

the first translates to more damage (AA crits/lifesteal) but the 2nd will provide more bursty healing. depends on what you need and what you're after. Siphoning Link seems too unreliable, esp considering you're tying your healing option to a 16 sec cd. Q is a 6 sec cd and W is an 8 sec cd, much more reliable.

10 - Final Strike [R2] After 1 second, strike your sword in a line to deal 432 damage to all enemies in its path. This damage is increased by 25% to any enemy below 50% Health.

it's hinterland blast! 40 sec cd is fuckin' snazzy. R1 seems unreliable til level 20, because it has a 2.5 sec windup and i think you can probably just, walk outta that.

at 13 it's looking like either Chainsaw [Q] Carnage’s cooldown regenerates 100% faster while an enemy Hero has maximum Blood Rage stacks.

OR

The Hunted [Passive] Basic Attacking an enemy Hero increases your Basic Attack damage against them by 25% for 4 seconds (stacking up to 4 times). This bonus is reset if a different Hero is attacked.

Chainsaw has ridiculously good synergy with The Thirst at 7 (twice as many AA crits/lifesteal), like i'm pretty sure you just always slam Chainsaw if you've taken The Thirst. on the flip side, The Hunted gives you up to fucking +100% AA damage. that's nuts, y'all. combine that with Finishing Touch and The Thirst, right.

at 16 it's kind of whatever you need i think. they all seem great. spell armor if you need the survivability, booming kick for better cc, lingering ailment for MOAR DAMAGE

they all seem great.

at 20 i'm not sure because, again, they all seem nutssss. Silent Killer is fucking BONKERS a goddamn fucking 2 second PBAoE Silence into a 0.75 sec stun with only a 0.5 sec window to avoid it. GET FUCKED. this is probably THE REASON to take R1. just like Entomb, even if you can't get Entomb value all game, you play for the 20 and fucking Silence them and win on the spot. Unleashed Potential seems fucking crazypants too. JUST FUCKING BECOME LI-MING, SURE. otherwise, No Sanctuary looks like a solid general value talent if you can't get value from the other two. 20% movespeed and 20% more damage on targets below 50% health. insane.

so basically seems like you can go all in with a pure AA focused build (taking Finishing Touch, The Hunted, No Sanctuary. or you can go pick up The Thirst and Chainsaw and have a bit more versatility? it'll be hard to say. definitely gonna be trying that pure AA build first.[/spoilers]

Yeah she's fucking OP. And they know she's OP, and they're hoping people will spend money to pick her up on release and play her while she's still OP. They'll pretend later on in a balance patch that she "came out a bit too strong", and that they're "planning on making several passes at her numbers" but that they're, "really happy about how well received she's been". It's all bullshit, they just want $$$.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Zek wrote: »
    i mean look

I mean to be fair there is a very real possibility that we won't get many more characters. So far there's no proof that they're developing new things other than what they had already started before the announcement.

there's no basis for this statement, we DO have proof they're still developing new things via blueposts on reddit from the devs themselves officially confirming that yes they are working on new things post-announcement including, yes, new heroes.

milk ducks wrote: »
    You know those fan polls people make on Reddit and shit? Like, "Which characters are you most excited for?"

Was #1 on anyone's list, "Another character we've never heard of, but this time it's not even connected to the existing HotS realms? Like she's from that same techo-tribal city that Orisa and Doomfist are from, you know, fucking what's it called? Numbani? Yeah but, except it's like, an alternate dimension version of that place though, really."?

I'm guessing most people wanted like, I dunno, Deathwing and Bwonsamdi and shit.

I mean I'm just guessing.

could've said the same for orphea and i think she got a fairly warm reception though

like, yeah, obviously no one "wanted" this, people would've just preferred them to keep doing the same old shit they been doing, but legit every single new hero that comes out, like not even nexus OCs, people get pissy on reddit regardless. "where's this, where's that, we deserve this in the game! why isn't x in the game!"

so i'll go back to my earlier point:
    People complain about every Hero that comes out at this point so I think SOMEONE's gonna be unhappy regardless. Legit, I look on reddit every time and it's always "WHY ISN'T X HERO IN THE GAME YET" "I DIDN'T WANT THIS HERO I WANT THIS HERO" etc etc etc.

it's more pronounced this time because i think people still aren't used to the new cadence, and the whole "game dead" thing still looms in the air. i dunno.

i'm honestly just reminded of when they made Mists of Pandaria and it was like completely brand new content and lore and story for WoW and i thought it was the RADDEST shit and the single biggest breath of fresh air into the same old story and same old shit they been pulling since time immemorial

but people fuckin' HATED IT people panned the shit out of it because a) they couldn't get past "nuhhh PANDAS EUGH" and b) they just wanted the same old stale shit they'd been getting time and time again

and it made me super fucking sad because it was some of the most intricately cool shit they ever made

so i guess my point is, when we've already had blizzard hero after blizzard hero and we know that they're going to keep making blizzard heroes, i honestly don't mind if they wanna try something new and kinda go off the rails a bit. to me, that's a breath of fresh air for this game.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I mean could you imagine being the 3 people working there and just releasing a hero after 6 months that's a weaker Sonya and no one playing her after 3 days.

Besides, everyone still playing has enough gold to buy her

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited July 2019

OR

OR

they all seem great.

so basically seems like you can go all in with a pure AA focused build (taking Finishing Touch, The Hunted, No Sanctuary. or you can go pick up The Thirst and Chainsaw and have a bit more versatility? it'll be hard to say. definitely gonna be trying that pure AA build first.[/spoilers]

Yeah she's fucking OP. And they know she's OP, and they're hoping people will spend money to pick her up on release and play her while she's still OP. They'll pretend later on in a balance patch that she "came out a bit too strong", and that they're "planning on making several passes at her numbers" but that they're, "really happy about how well received she's been". It's all bullshit, they just want $$$.

the game's fucking dead dude!! they don't have to GIVE A FUCK about making money anymore! they have literally been thrown to the fucking wolves.

bruh, if they REALLY wanted money then why the fuck did they remove the ability to purchase loot chests. they took that out, added the ability to just buy the shit you want directly because THEY CAN now. they don't have big daddy acti-blizz looming over their shoulder telling them they need to monetize the fuck out of the game because big daddy acti-blizz left for a pack of cigs 8-9 months ago and never came back

dude, like. this is really reading like some real tinfoil hat Official Forums shit, because we both know new heroes coming out OP isn't anything new and it's not any sort of underhanded tactic to make money.

they're just not fucking good at balancing this shit. these are the chucklefucks who put BattleMom Thrall and Ignite KT into the damn game.

they suck at this shit, ain't new.

edit: obviously though they still care about making money, they're a goddamn business after all, but. it's not nearly as sinister as you're making it out to be, i guarantee you.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    I'm not really against original characters -- I think Blizzard makes some pretty rad ones, this one included -- but it does seem a bit premature to start making them before all of the big names were in the game. Maybe they assumed they'd have plenty of time to get to those too, before they got their resources cut. But maybe they still will? I don't know.

Anyway, she's certainly a cool character, and I look forward to her addition. Even if her kit could've fit some existing character (and I can't think of anyone), I bet they wouldn't have been as cool as her design.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    and since we were just talking about it:

https://www.destructoid.com/heroes-of-the-storm-team-still-has-heavy-hitter-characters-in-the-pipeline-says-the-game-isn-t-winding-down--562233.phtml

Amazingly, the post-cataclysm Heroes team has been sticking to a three month hero release cadence, and although Dates notes that they aren't "locked into it," there are several heroes in the design pipeline, which will be released "when the team feels they are ready." What kind of heroes? Well Dates is giving us a tease: "Without giving away anything I can say we do have more heavy hitters in the pipeline and are extremely excited about what’s to come in the future!" For those of you who don't play the game, Grommash Hellscream is currently a huge favorite, as is Deathwing, so we'll see soon enough if those are heavy enough.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Coming up with OC characters for a game that's meant to be "Blizzard All Stars" is honestly just fucking stupid. It's like if they announced a new hero for Smash Brothers, and the announcement trailer's like, "Okay yeah, cool, so here's Jimmy Fuckface! Isn't he cool?" And it's like, yeah sure, Jimmy Fuckface has a cool kit. But what Nintendo game is he from? I mean I know you've expanded and started using characters from other consoles and shit, too, was he a Sega character? No? You just made Jimmy Fuckface up? Yeah right on, I mean sure, get hyped I guess. Sure am excited to see Jimmy Fuckface up against Mario and Fox and shit.

I'd play the fuck out of Master Hand in Smash.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Coming up with OC characters for a game that's meant to be "Blizzard All Stars" is honestly just fucking stupid. It's like if they announced a new hero for Smash Brothers, and the announcement trailer's like, "Okay yeah, cool, so here's Jimmy Fuckface! Isn't he cool?" And it's like, yeah sure, Jimmy Fuckface has a cool kit. But what Nintendo game is he from? I mean I know you've expanded and started using characters from other consoles and shit, too, was he a Sega character? No? You just made Jimmy Fuckface up? Yeah right on, I mean sure, get hyped I guess. Sure am excited to see Jimmy Fuckface up against Mario and Fox and shit.

I'd play the fuck out of Master Hand in Smash.

orphea = master hand, qhira = crazy hand

y'all know i'm fukken right

smash totally has OCs

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Orphea was the last hero released before the gutting of HotS. Oh god! What's going to happen after Qhira's release??

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Orphea was the last hero released before the gutting of HotS. Oh god! What's going to happen after Qhira's release??

3rd nexus OC followed by a 4th nexus OC

thus completing the four nexus OCs of the apocalypse

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    My sources say that HotS will die for good again for the umpteenth time.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I just noticed that the only letter that none of the HotS heroes' names start with is Q. Every other letter is represented. Also, 10 of the 86 total heroes start with the letter A. Blizzard really likes their A heroes.

Hey, they just fixed your alphabet issue! Guess HotS can finally end now.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    bruh, if they REALLY wanted money then why the fuck did they remove the ability to purchase loot chests. they took that out, added the ability to just buy the shit you want directly because THEY CAN now.
    This could also be because no one was buying loot chests in the first place. If they were effective monetization for HotS then it probably would have been more financially solvent.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I just noticed that the only letter that none of the HotS heroes' names start with is Q. Every other letter is represented. Also, 10 of the 86 total heroes start with the letter A. Blizzard really likes their A heroes.

Hey, they just fixed your alphabet issue! Guess HotS can finally end now.
    Jesus Christ I am a fucking prophet.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah honestly there exists no hero they could release from an existing IP that would "save" this game. Like, everyone that was going to try this game based on Blizzard Nostalgia or Lore has already done so.

Also, given how long it takes to actually develop and release a hero, acting like this is some kind of immediate decision they made after they got the rug pulled out from under them is unfair. It's almost guaranteed that this hero was in the pipeline for at least a year and was simply the one closest to being release-ready, so they released her.

I've never been shy about calling out Blizzard's prioritization or resource allocation strategy, but this case is one where you just kind of have to accept it for what it is. At this point the choice isn't between an OC hero and a Blizzard hero - it's between an OC hero and none at all.

• Options
    I get the sense that HotS has a small loyal dev team who really love the game and are doing their best. But everybody knows that the game's fate isn't up to them, and there doesn't appear to be any signs of upwards movement in the playerbase. If we're lucky they'll be allowed to just keep doing their thing uninterrupted for years. But really nobody knows, and that uncertainty and pessimism is really toxic to the community.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    bruh, if they REALLY wanted money then why the fuck did they remove the ability to purchase loot chests. they took that out, added the ability to just buy the shit you want directly because THEY CAN now.
    This could also be because no one was buying loot chests in the first place. If they were effective monetization for HotS then it probably would have been more financially solvent.

i would've thought that they would've doubled down even harder on the lootbox bullshit if that were the case, but. one might even argue that they didn't really think the whole lootbox thing through well enough, that they kinda just slapped em in there because "OW did it, lul!!" and you might be right. there was no real incentive to buy lootboxes. i know at least one of my friends would drop a bunch on lootboxes every time a new Event came out, because they lacked shards. and i kept telling them, look, buying lootboxes is not worth it, the chances of getting the Thing you want or ANY Event thing at all is astronomically low. but they kept telling me the same thing, they don't have shards, they can't buy the skins, and they wanted the skins.

shrug.

i dunno. i have no idea. there's a lot of weird strangeness that happened as a result of 2.0, like i'm actually not sure what it meant for their profits overall. i stopped paying for anything, mostly, because shards now existed and veterans got a fuckton of boxes. i STILL have a fuckton of shards.

sometimes i'd buy a new hero bundle if it had a cool skin or mount (orphea's!)

i think most people i talked to about it said the same thing, they stopped spending money after 2.0. as for me, i literally never need to spend money on this game ever again, because all skins are purchaseable/craftable now, and because i'm sitting on a mountain of 15k+ shards. any time new skins come out, i just get the tints that i want and otherwise i play the game and recoup my losses by the time the next skin drop happens.

hmmmm....

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    My interpretation of the loot box thing was that it wasn't making much money and didn't really matter, so they just switched it to something more player friendly. I'm imagining that after the incident they were given the direction that they can just do whatever they wanted with the game.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    My interpretation of the loot box thing was that it wasn't making much money and didn't really matter, so they just switched it to something more player friendly. I'm imagining that after the incident they were given the direction that they can just do whatever they wanted with the game.

if you think about the timing of it, and how this is something that literally could've happened at any point prior to the HotSpocalypse, and how it didn't happen until after it?

kiiiiinda puts some things in perspective

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Also, alphabetical representation is the only representation Blizzard really cares about in their games.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Also, alphabetical representation is the only representation Blizzard really cares about in their games.

I dunno, man. You ever see that Soldier 76 "Hero" trailer?

The one where even their fucking Mexican street gangs are multicultural?

u02jy6bikbxb.png

I feel you, though.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    This was probably supposed to have build-up, but they have fuck-all for resources so even her spotlight couldn’t afford voiceover. No comics or animated videos. Of course just throwing her out with no fanfare was going to get a poor response.

But Nexus OCs were doomed to fail because Blizzard tried to make Serious Lore, which they are bad at, instead of goofy bullshit which isn’t really that difficult to do so it’s an easy A for them. Just have the Raven Lord as the straight man increasingly pissed at the other dumbass lords. The lady of thorns keeps planting trees that eat my birds! The gravekeeper keeps dumping bodies in my lawn! The pirate keeps trying to recruit me on his ship because I always have a bird on my shoulder! More TF2, less Bad and Boring Blizzard.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Before 2.0, I wasn't spending anything on the game and was basically just subsisting off the free hero rotations, occasional/rare hero giveaways while I hoarded up gold, and just living with almost never getting anything cool in the game. Then 2.0 hit, gave me a bunch of heroes for free, I bought every hero I didn't own with my huge stockpile, and started regularly getting cool shit (skins, mounts, sprays, etc.) ever since, with me continuing to not spend anything.

HotS became very rewarding to play as an actual F2P game in 2.0, and I am guessing all the whales Blizzard hoped would beach themselves on its shores did not materialize in the numbers that they needed them to in order to make the game profitable.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I dunno, man. You ever see that Soldier 76 "Hero" trailer?

The one where even their fucking Mexican street gangs are multicultural?

u02jy6bikbxb.png

I feel you, though.

Overwatch has significantly better representation than the rest of Blizzard's games. Honestly above average for games in general on a lot of axes

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I miss uther saying don’t think about these things so much in the tutorial.

That was the hots lore speed I liked lol

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Sterica wrote: »
    This was probably supposed to have build-up, but they have fuck-all for resources so even her spotlight couldn’t afford voiceover. No comics or animated videos. Of course just throwing her out with no fanfare was going to get a poor response.

But Nexus OCs were doomed to fail because Blizzard tried to make Serious Lore, which they are bad at, instead of goofy bullshit which isn’t really that difficult to do so it’s an easy A for them. Just have the Raven Lord as the straight man increasingly pissed at the other dumbass lords. The lady of thorns keeps planting trees that eat my birds! The gravekeeper keeps dumping bodies in my lawn! The pirate keeps trying to recruit me on his ship because I always have a bird on my shoulder! More TF2, less Bad and Boring Blizzard.

this is why hearthstone's lore is fucking incredible because it's literally entirely JUST goofy fucking bullshit and they don't give a fuck and it's great and it works

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    +1 for new hero after a long while
    +1 for being a person of color and female
    +1 for neat mechanics
    -10 for doing a "we are slowly zooming out" teaser on a character nobody ever heard of or saw before. What is even the point?

You show some carapace, people speculate if it's from zerg or a diablo demon. You zoom out to show fire ooooooh it could still go either way. Zoom out more oh snap it's Rakinishu!

This one was like a gem. Some skulls of other blizzard properties. A character nobody has any clue who it is from the back (or the front door that matter!).

What. Is. The. Point?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    +1 for neat mechanics
    -10 for doing a "we are slowly zooming out" teaser on a character nobody ever heard of or saw before. What is even the point?

You show some carapace, people speculate if it's from zerg or a diablo demon. You zoom out to show fire ooooooh it could still go either way. Zoom out more oh snap it's Rakinishu!

This one was like a gem. Some skulls of other blizzard properties. A character nobody has any clue who it is from the back (or the front door that matter!).

What. Is. The. Point?

Fun? People guessed it was a Blizzard OC hero.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    +1 for neat mechanics

What. Is. The. Point?

doing teasers is a lot better than just doing a cold drop of the new video with nothing prior

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    One team drafts massive waveclear and can take camps. The other team does neither of those things.
    https://youtu.be/8dKr6pWPhf8

• Options
    DNiDlnb.png