As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] Coronavirus can't kill HotS if it's already dead #rollsafe

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Last night I was watching the wife play some Li Li in QM. Got on a team that was horrible, both in comp and players. Her Xul teammate stopped playing when the hit 10 and started typing this out:

Xul: "Took wrong ult. gg"
    Xul: "we lose 100%"
    Xul: "Not me. Li Li took Dragon"

Most everybody here knows my wife goes DPS with every character, regardless of classification. She tried to explain that she does well with Water Dragon ult, but he wasn't having any of it.

Xul: "You need to learn how to play."
    Xul: "You're a healer. You take healing ult"
    Xul: "We do the damage"
    Xul: "Nice throw. gg"

Of course they lost because Xul just stopped trying. He got really toxic in the end and she reported him. Even her teammates had enough of his shit.

Naturally in the next game, she got matched up against him. She took Water Dragon ult again and made it her mission to take him out. He went 1-7 while she went 8-2, killing him on 5 different occasions (once solo?!). I've never seen her relentlessly hunt someone down like she was playing Illidan. And I specifically told her to B-step on his corpse when she killed him and she actually did it.

It was glorious and definitely made our night.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I thought your wife had a pretty decent MMR? Weird that someone at that level hasn't seen Water Dragon used to great effect before. It's such a strange thing to get salty about.

The end of the story was super cathartic just to read about though :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    I thought your wife had a pretty decent MMR? Weird that someone at that level hasn't seen Water Dragon used to great effect before. It's such a strange thing to get salty about.

After the games, I had her look at his profile. Playing for 4 months and an overall level of 20 something and most games played in a Hero in the teens. Yeah, QM was just matching her to any port in a storm.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I love the image of quiet, reserved Kieri bstepping some clown for being a dick.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

After the games, I had her look at his profile. Playing for 4 months and an overall level of 20 something and most games played in a Hero in the teens. Yeah, QM was just matching her to any port in a storm.

This has been QM for a while now. The other game modes are even worse, because their populations are orders of magnitude smaller.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    look do you want a quick match or not

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

No :P

The best QM meta was when they actually took some time (often 5+ minutes) to make both teams balanced. That's my opinion at least, though.

Steam profile
  • Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I love the image of quiet, reserved Kieri bstepping some clown for being a dick.

She became a fountain of giggles when she bstepped on him. Im horrified to imagine how bad it would have been for Xul if she was playing pre-nerf damage Li Li.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

No :P

The best QM meta was when they actually took some time (often 5+ minutes) to make both teams balanced. That's my opinion at least, though.

I don't disagree. The problem was that master's-level players and above just couldn't get matches. Like I'd team up with Antaeus and Dibby and we'd literally send 30+ minutes in queue, only to end up eventually in a game where the matchmaker completely gave up. And in those cases, we'd either end up in matches where the rules weren't enforced, or we'd be up against teams full of players with legit 10-20 total matches played.

So it's like, would you rather have a matchmaker that doesn't give a shit, or a matchmaker where it takes 30 minutes to not give a shit?

Even having said that, I'd still prefer for the system to revert back to what it had been, even though it's basically impossible now given the reduced playerbase.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Like, top GMs will get more than half of their games with Diamond players. And even when they get an all-GM/Masters game, half of those players will very clearly not understand how the game fundamentally works. Case in point, the game I posted earlier was Fan with Diamonds against an all-GM/Masters team, the latter of which still drafted a composition that had both no wave clear and no way to easily get mercs.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    "soak top"

"..."

"can someone soak top?"

"..."

"can we please get someone top??"

"..."

mmmm.

i also scouted enemy rexxar taking giants early on, i pinged, i was there for like A GOOD 20 SECONDS and no one fucking came because *gasp* everyone's just bashin' heads mid wowwww

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    There probably should have been an all-mid game mode from the start. ARAM at least, but ideally a more fleshed out map. Something to filter out the people who dgaf about laning.

• Options
    EAwvXGZX4AE0lbc.png

it's one of those days, fam

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    top 10 worst pickup lines

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    anyway on the PLUS SIDE...............

EAwevHjX4AAGIDz.jpg

i had THIS fucking game which was a GODDAMN MIRACLE because we had a fucking Gazlowe Bot all goddamn game but we still won SOMEHOW???

i did a lot of damage i guess

hey D.Va rework when tho

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Dibby wrote: »
    EAwvXGZX4AE0lbc.png

it's one of those days, fam
    Great dialog and amazing cropping with DEFEAT looming over everything. The perfect HotS screenshot.

forty on
  • Options

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAwevHjX4AAGIDz.jpg

i had THIS fucking game which was a GODDAMN MIRACLE because we had a fucking Gazlowe Bot all goddamn game but we still won SOMEHOW???

hey D.Va rework when tho
    Maybe they had a Xul bot all game.

• Options
    forty wrote: »

hey D.Va rework when tho

nah, just a W build Xul who thought he'd be able to walk up to us and spam W-AAs and somehow not get instantly vaporized by three/four stuns

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Maybe they had an Illidan bot.

• Options
    forty wrote: »

hey D.Va rework when tho

Running in terror from a Li Li.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I felt last night in the brawl I had a bot D Va as they were as horrible as the AI playing her

• Options
    Arrogant Nephalem is playing another match today, casted here! Come watch us win!

Steam profile
  • Options
    i still can't get over "fuck me yourself you coward"

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    i still can't get over "fuck me yourself you coward"

it's a great line

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm fairly certain Lunara's speaking Portuguese. I took French in high school, so I can make sense of it a little, if you're interested. To the best of my ability, she seems to be saying

Go
    You crazy
    You can't stand I did the most damage
    Harassing Mongolian (probably means it like "Mongoloid")

milk ducks on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain Lunara's soaking Portuguese. I took French in high school, so I can make sense of it a little, if you're interested. To the best of my ability, she seems to be saying

Go
    You crazy
    You can't stand I did the most damage
    Harassing Mongolian (probably means it like "Mongoloid")

This is the most Freudian Slip this thread will ever see

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I fixed it but I'm glad it's immortalized forever in the quote XD

• Options
    Ducks cannot escape his destiny.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Game sounds even HotS-ier than when I left.

:P

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Hawkray is the best. I give that video 6.5/10.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Y'all ready for some BEAST COAST? That's another NGS team headed by your fellow PAers! Wooooo!

They have a match tonight, casted here! When? Good question!

Now!

Steam profile
  • Options
  • Options
    Damn, the clip cuts off right before we get to see if Gul'dan bombs Lili too.

• Options
    Oh man, the TLV chest farming is real. Getting a chest per game, at least until I hit the cap for the globe quest. I'm not sure what I should move on to after that.

• Options

Lol the chat is the best part of the clip

"Literal moths"

• Options
    edited August 2019
    the number of fucking times i have a bomb and i literally run away from EVERYONE ELSE ON MY TEAM to a COMPLETELY SAFE SPOT where NO ONE ELSE IS and some FUCKO with 5% health decides "hmm yes let me run in the exact same direction as them and hug them"

way

too

fucking

high

and people think adding a visual radius indicator is gonna stop people from doing that, lmao

edit: THE NUMBER OF FUCKING TIMES SOMEONE ON MY TEAM IS TARGETED BY TRIPLE TAP AND I MOVE TO INTERCEPT IT AND PARK MY BUTT STILL AND MY FUCKO TEAMMATE DECIDES "I'M GOING TO HAVE A FUCKING STROKE NOW LET ME JUST WIGGLE AROUND AND RUN IN SOME COMPLETELY OPPOSITE DIRECTION DESPITE THE SHOTS BEING BLOCKED BY MY TEAMMATE WITH FULL HEALTH" AND THEN I GET FUCKING YELLED AT AND RAGE PINGED

:rotate:

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    When I get marked for triple tap, I try to move consistently so that i cause each of the squishies to get hit.

It's called sharing, y'all

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    speaking of rage pings, the best one i ever had was like. i'm on illidan (god help me) and we have a thrall

thrall fuckin RUNS IN BY HIMSELF 1V3 AT >50% HEALTH SLAMS EARTHQUAKE eats shit and dies fucking vaporized immediately

and then rage pings me, the illidan at 15% health, as if i could've done fucking anything about that at all

stay bronze, ya dunning-kruger dipshit~

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    EA6aubxXkAAHr6r.jpg

sometimes i queue as yrel and the matchmaker decides to give me Team Never Die and we just fucking smoke the enemy team

i don't think the enemy varian was very prepared for our comp at all, hmmmm~

DNiDlnb.png