As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

wrestling thread: rollins 3:16 says i just licked your boot!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    That seems like a match that Kenny has to lose too?

That's fine

Jericho/Page for the vacant world title is later that night. The winner of Kenny/Moxley should be facing the winner of Jericho/Page for the world title when TNT starts up, and I definitely believe Moxley should be world champ sooner than later

Moxley's currently getting the most positive crowd reactions of anyone there, and he got it at his first AEW show and his first New Japan show. You take advantage of that while you can

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also Kenny on a downward streak is a real interesting angle to take with him going into AEW TV

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    is shane mcmahon champ yet

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    oh my god the whole point of this is to get shane a run with the belt like his daddy, isn’t it huh

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    oh my god the whole point of this is to get shane a run with the belt like his daddy, isn’t it huh

no question in my mind yeah that's the goal

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    NXT

ok now give them all the tag titles on all three shows

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    NXT
    I am here for Fandango's gritty reboot.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

I was momentarily confused as to whether this was the Wrestling thread or the Animal Crossing thread...

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019

He didn't lose his job.

There's no more resetting now. Every decision is permanent. No more takebacks, no more scumming.

Resetti only lost his job in kayfabe. He's the booker now. He's Mr. Resetti in title and position now.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    All Out sold out in 15 minutes

All In took 30

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Nobody has nailed down a primary source for this yet, but there is a LOT of chatter going around that Gedo stepped down as the booker the Sunday before Dominion

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

I saw that! I am still curious as to how it started in the first place, as it was reported on japanese blogs with insider sources

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    All Out sold out in 15 minutes

All In took 30

mathematically the next one will sell out before it goes on sale

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    The true test won't be these shows that don't occur often, but take place on holiday weekends. The real test is after the TV show gets going and if they try to imitate something week in / week out and start having to work safer as a result.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't think we'll know much as far as what kind of longevity they're gonna have til we're like 3-6months into the tv show.

for the time being I'm glad the excitement is still there and seems liek it might still be growing. I know I cared way more post moxley than before, and it's not even about him personally really (although maybe I like him more than I thought, WWE mutates things) but obviously you don't get a new ready made superstar every month let alone every week.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Chuck Taylor ✔@SexyChuckieT
    It’s pretty wild to think that I am personally responsible for AEW selling out #AllOut so fast. Just amazing how popular I’ve become
    it's true

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    The true test won't be these shows that don't occur often, but take place on holiday weekends. The real test is after the TV show gets going and if they try to imitate something week in / week out and start having to work safer as a result.

I feel like eventually AEW will have some of the same problems as the WWE. I hope they can avoid a lot of the problems but some are unavoidable. For example I know Moxley is all about no writers but eventually you are going to need someone keeping track of continuity and some wrestlers will need someone to punch up their material. Someone is going to have to give folks direction you cant have every wrestler with full creative control just winging it out there especially once you start dealing with advertisers and sponsors.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    They don't have full creative control, it's been said they get bullet points, theres an A to start at and a Z to get to, how they get there is up to them.

And AEW is already avoiding some of WWE's pitfalls because it's not built a house of cards on the shoulders of 2-3 people while destroying the credibility of everyone else, so if say Kenny Omega is out with injury, it doesn't matter because you've got Moxley, Jericho, Page, Cody, etc who can pull off a decent little program.

WWE is resorting to Baron fucking Corbin because who else is there for Seth to credibly feud with besides Brock and Roman?

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    you're right

baron corbin should be feuding with someone more high profile than seth rollins

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    jonny439 wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »

I feel like eventually AEW will have some of the same problems as the WWE. I hope they can avoid a lot of the problems but some are unavoidable. For example I know Moxley is all about no writers but eventually you are going to need someone keeping track of continuity and some wrestlers will need someone to punch up their material. Someone is going to have to give folks direction you cant have every wrestler with full creative control just winging it out there especially once you start dealing with advertisers and sponsors.

That 'no writers' thing is Jon saying a dumb thing that is dumb. Maybe he doesn't, but not everyone is a promo savant like he is.

Also "wins and losses matter" sounds great until you're trying to tell multiple continuous stories on a weekly TV show. So I'm wondering when the walkback happens with that.

Hopefully, with the influx of veteran backstage people AEW picked up like Malenko, they'll have people in charge aside from Cody who're familiar enough with the weekly grind to usher along the people for whom that will be a new thing. Because I'd like for AEW to succeed on the TV front.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I really hope they follow an NXT or 205 TV model and rotate dudes onto the shows every few weeks to build programs. Moxley talks about part of the issue being why does anyone care if he faces Drew McIntire at a PPV when they've fought 8 times in the past 2 months? Some feuds can work as a series like this, but not all of them should. Use proxies, promos and other shenanigans so not every TV show is the same guys doing the same shit.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

no question in my mind yeah that's the goal

I kind of thought that after he assisted turning the Miz into a good guy they saw him as a safe long term rival for Roman. Also maybe to make Drew the Diesel to his Shawn when The Scottish Psychopath finally gets sick of being the muscle. Not that either of those ideas wouldn't involve a run with the belt, just that I don't think a title run is necessarily the end goal.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Shane gets a belt, Corbin gets another belt, main event Mania unification match, Corbin goes down with the fingerpoke of doom, Shane is the first Undisputed Universal Champ.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    Shane gets a belt, Corbin gets another belt, main event Mania unification match, Corbin goes down with the fingerpoke of doom, Shane is the first Undisputed Universal Champ.

and then finally wwe is good again

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Shane gets the stock holders to send Vince home

• Options
    PWG Sixteen July 26

Flip Gordon vs Trey Miguel
    MJF debuts against Darby Allin
    Black Taurus debuts with Laredo Kid and Puma King against Bandido, Flamita and Rey Horus
    Jungle Boy vs Joey Janela
    Brody King vs David Starr
    LAX vs The Rascalz in a ladder match for the tag titles

Oh yeah, and the Dark Order return against Best Friends

@Nirya

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    PWG Sixteen July 26

Flip Gordon vs Trey Miguel
    MJF debuts against Darby Allin
    Black Taurus debuts with Laredo Kid and Puma King against Bandido, Flamita and Rey Horus
    Jungle Boy vs Joey Janela
    Brody King vs David Starr
    LAX vs The Rascalz in a ladder match for the tag titles

Oh yeah, and the Dark Order return against Best Friends

Nirya

Ugh they’re doing it while I’m off on vacation. Jerks.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Tidbits from the recent Voices of Wrestling Patreon audio that aren't Gedo-related: Davey Boy Smith Jr is no longer with New Japan. Conflicting info on whether that was him quitting or being fired, but he wasn't exactly silent on social media with his feelings about his misuse there, and Archer worked on his own most of the year

Also on the podcast, it appears Juice is done with ROH. He was unhappy working there, and he's not booked going forward. Lanza's unsure what this means for the future of Lifeblood or David Finlay when he comes back from injury

Lanza expanded to say Juice was just one of the many New Japan talent who generally no longer like working for ROH. They feel it hurts their appeal, and a lot of them don't want to do it anymore

• Options
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Tidbits from the recent Voices of Wrestling Patreon audio that aren't Gedo-related: Davey Boy Smith Jr is no longer with New Japan. Conflicting info on whether that was him quitting or being fired, but he wasn't exactly silent on social media with his feelings about his misuse there, and Archer worked on his own most of the year

Also on the podcast, it appears Juice is done with ROH. He was unhappy working there, and he's not booked going forward. Lanza's unsure what this means for the future of Lifeblood or David Finlay when he comes back from injury

Lanza expanded to say Juice was just one of the many New Japan talent who generally no longer like working for ROH. They feel it hurts their appeal, and a lot of them don't want to do it anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agELcTCN2Rw

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That kid sucks at coloring.

BLM - ACAB
This discussion has been closed.