As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Biggest Letdowns for 2019? [chat]

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Echo wrote: »
    Gawd I suck at SQL.

*quits job, becomes hermit living in cave*

Wow, you got cave money?
    Must be nice.

*returns to rented cardboard box in a damp alley*
    *hopes to move to a nicer alley one day*

see317 on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Gawd I suck at SQL.

just select *

ezpz

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Man $2800 for plane tickets is bananas.

For the lay-flat beds though? That's actually relatively cheap. Normally, they're in the $5-$6k range, and will often jump quickly to ~$10k for some routes.

I'm not even saying thats more than normal, I just wouldn't go at all.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

from where to where

and is that one way or a return ticket

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Drop Table *.*

• Options
    The turks music is p good though. Actually that game had real good music generally.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Oh no now I have to watch the Sonic trailer again

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Gawd I suck at SQL.

just select *

ezpz

Scan that whole table bowen. Scan it good.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Anthem
    I will say that it is the total post tax+fees price.

But yea, getting a full 180 degree leaning bed seat for a flight to Japan is a bit costly. Buuuuutttt I don't think I could ever convince myself to fly that long in regular seats again. I can barely handle a flight to Florida from NJ without feeling like I am going to die from discomfort.

six hours is about my limit where a regular coach seat is just starting to get unbearable

but dropping more than $2k on just the flight is something that makes my stomach hurt so i dunno maybe i can take a boat or something

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Anthem
    And yea I expected in the $5k range so just shy of $3k was amazing. And that's with the layflats on both the long part of the flight and the shorter 4 hour leg of the journey both ways. Definitely not complaining here.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    One winged angel dbz amv.avi

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

from where to where

I don't care. My entire trip for two to Belize was 3k. I'm not spending that on one fucking plane ticket.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Anthem

from where to where

From East Coast USA to Japan and that is round trip. Not bad at all honestly!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Anthem

from where to where

I don't care. My entire trip for two to Belize was 3k. I'm not spending that on one fucking plane ticket.

not exactly comparing apples to apples here

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

from where to where

I'm not trying to. I'm basically saying I wouldn't do that trip.

More power to Stacey for doing it, I'm not trying to be rude, but ... there's lots of other places I personally would go.

• Options
    Anthem
    and i mean, if that's not worth the money to you, that's okay!

people are willing to spend different amounts on different things

• Options

For the lay-flat beds though? That's actually relatively cheap. Normally, they're in the $5-$6k range, and will often jump quickly to ~$10k for some routes.

oh wait seriously?

yeah shit, that is cheap

economy class return ticket norway nz this month* easily hits that

*then again this pushes the price up a lot, but like, yeah lay flat beds? Daaang

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Gawd I suck at SQL.

just select *

ezpz

I mean

as long as you've got your indexes set up nicely that's about the extent of what you need to do unless you're trying to go SUPER optimization and are setting up buffers and all that

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

from where to where

you see your trip to belize is like this ambrosia apple. crisp. refreshing, delightful
    his trip to japan is like this red delicious apple. recognizable comforting..but inside is mealy and bland.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Game of Thrones S8
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    It's Elena though.

I need to see Reno, Rude, and Elena in the remake.

Are they not probably going to just look like they did in Advent Children

That's possibly what's most impressing me about the FF7 remake, actually; Advent Children was hyped up at the time as this huge demonstration of incredible graphics, and now it actually looks worse than standard gameplay

We've come a hell of a long way in just a few short years

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Gawd I suck at SQL.

just select *

ezpz

I mean

as long as you've got your indexes set up nicely that's about the extent of what you need to do unless you're trying to go SUPER optimization and are setting up buffers and all that

SELECT * usually denotes bad normalization tho brosef.

• Options
    Anthem
    apparently wowair folded, which significantly hampers my options traveling internationally again any time soon

• Options
    apparently wowair folded, which significantly hampers my options traveling internationally again any time soon

You have to take the boat to azeroth now?

• Options
    Anthem

You have to take the boat to azeroth now?

you're mixing metaphors here but yes

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Avengers Endgame
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    It's Elena though.

I need to see Reno, Rude, and Elena in the remake.

The Turks are great

"We're just going to forget you murdered an entire city neighborhood of innocent people because you are all pretty likable."

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Anthem
    Good morning people who don't like ⸢POPULAR THINGS⸥

I like far too many popular things

I've just never sat down to an R&M sesh and I have no reasonable explanation as to why

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Star Wars EP9
    I will say that it is the total post tax+fees price.

But yea, getting a full 180 degree leaning bed seat for a flight to Japan is a bit costly. Buuuuutttt I don't think I could ever convince myself to fly that long in regular seats again. I can barely handle a flight to Florida from NJ without feeling like I am going to die from discomfort.

six hours is about my limit where a regular coach seat is just starting to get unbearable

but dropping more than $2k on just the flight is something that makes my stomach hurt so i dunno maybe i can take a boat or something

I got a real cheap boat. I don't know if it will make it to Japan, but you are certainly welcome to try.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Anthem
    Kamiro wrote: »

southwest flies to the carribean

technically international

• Options

from where to where

From East Coast USA to Japan and that is round trip. Not bad at all honestly!

how far away in time is it

because yeah that's kind of like, poor timing for a regular ticket kind of price level, not you get a fucking bed kind of price

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I just laugh that the remake is taking this long to come out and now its going to be episodic? Like ha ha oh my god.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Anthem
    the tropics don't have much of an appeal for me, a pale-skinned fellow allergic to most things outdoors

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    FF7 is basically just The Thing anime fanfiction

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Anthem
    From Alaska to Japan it's about 12 hours just fyi hth

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just laugh that the remake is taking this long to come out and now its going to be episodic? Like ha ha oh my god.

They have to make that cash money tho.

• Options
    Anthem
    From Alaska to Japan it's about 12 hours just fyi hth

about 11 hours from LAX to Tokyo

stupid mercator projection!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You know you can just order pocky on Amazon right

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Star Wars EP9
    FF7 is basically just The Thing anime fanfiction

How have I not realized this before?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My normal fights to Japan from Colorado were usually 16 hours on a plane one way. But that usually included a 2 hour trip to another airport since at the time there were not direct flights to Tokyo.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    good god would it ever have been nice to have a bed going to and fro new zealand

my parents actually checked the price of that, just to check and I was like no no no, you're misinterpreting my complaining. I'm complaining just because I really need to, after 24 hours on planes and about two of them spent sleeping, not because I want you to do anything about it, jesus

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

It was announced as episodic when they originally announced it. This isn't new information.

This discussion has been closed.