Options

Biggest Letdowns for 2019? [chat]

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    stacy how much were the bed seats? currently looking at some long ass travel myself

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Anthem
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    well, was at least

i dunno if seaworld ohio is still extant

It closed so long ago that the next park that replaced it has also closed.

i think the last time i went was like 1988 so that makes sense

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Avengers Endgame
    Winky wrote: »
    Cloud is a boring void in the shape of a main character imo, as are almost all protagonists from that era of games

I don't actually think this is true at all. Replaying the game Cloud is actually pretty well-developed it's just that none of it is what the culture surrounding the game ever latched onto. Probably a big part of that issue is that Cloud is pretending to be someone he's not for the majority of the game.

The backstory and unreliable narration is interesting and engaging and plays with some fun concepts, sure

Cloud as a personality is boring, though. His dialogue and behaviour are just not very interesting. This is plausible given the layers of trauma/pretense/memory loss, but that doesn't make it less boring.

I attribute some of this to the fact that the localization, as with pretty much every Final Fantasy game, was pretty amateur.

This is why I'm sad that the remake really has all these opportunities to bring out what's good in the game and really expand on it.

But it almost certainly won't.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm an adult watching Detective Pikachu at 11am on a weekday

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    R&M was def a victim of its own success and the quality of episodes went waaaaaay down afterwards because of it

I'm still amused because pickle Rick was a deliberate insult to their fans in an episode that dared the viewer to take anything seriously instead of just latching onto cheap catchphrases and mindless violence.

and quoth the viewer: "I'm pickle Rick!"

szechuan sauce, innit

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Or for that matter, Dave Chappelle lamenting on stage when people wouldn't shut the fuck up about "I'm Rick James, bitch" - 'I told them that you were smarter than that. I was wrong'

• Options
    Avengers Endgame
    desc wrote: »
    Winky let’s cut to the chase

Which gal

An-Tifa

Obviously

Like there is no other choice

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Anthem
    talk to me about accurate analogies once rick and morty has killed a guy

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Anthem
    I've never seen an episode of R&M.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Good morning people who don't like ⸢POPULAR THINGS⸥

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Anthem
    stacy how much were the bed seats? currently looking at some long ass travel myself

Suprisingly reasonable if shopped around!

Ended up being $2800 vs the $1300 of coach seats for the same flight. There were a decent amount of options around the $3000 range. Some start drifting quickly up to $5000 and beyond though so you just gotta do some good searching.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Apparently there's also a Seaworld San Antonio, which is also nonsense, but at least ... less obviously insane.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Anthem
    Gawd I suck at SQL.

*quits job, becomes hermit living in cave*

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Which gal

An-Tifa

Obviously

My boi

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Birthday tomorrow, going to the aquarium with the boy, hopefully he doesn't give me a heart attack.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    exciting news

apparently i've hit my out of pocket maximum for out of network stuff

what kind of fun doctor things can i do now?????

poo
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Anthem
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also in Japan we're going to do the thing where you rent some of the iconic 90's Japanese sports cars and drive the mountain roads in them. My buddy is gonna grab the R34 and I have to take my teenage dream car of an RX-7.

Going to be super weird trying to shift with my left hand. Have no idea how that is going to go.

The shift isn't hard.

But as someone who lived and drove those mountain roads for a few years you are in for some surprises on the size of the roads. A lot of two-way rural roads in Japan would be one way roads in the states. They are very small, crowded and curvy. Plus the speed limits are super slow.

Yea they send a guide with you to lead you through and try to take you to the best places. Reports from others that have done it have said that the guides will find good spots to get on it and zoom around a bit so you can just follow their lead and have fun.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    exciting news

get a vasectomy!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Kingdom Hearts III
    I’d probably like R&M but I can’t stand it now and will never see it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Which gal

An-Tifa

Obviously

Okay but Yuffie though

• Options
    Avengers Endgame
    Tifa is low-key the real protagonist of the entire game, because she's really just following and watching Cloud who she knows is fucked up. She's the one who's actually passionate about saving the world from the beginning. She's the one who confronted Sephiroth first at the Nibelheim reactor. She's the one who puts Cloud together again. She honestly should've been the party leader for the rest of the game after Cloud's ordeal.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    but radiohead is also a band for only the smartest people just like rick and mor

But I only find one of these to be true.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    exciting news

get a vasectomy!

that is only useful if you are having sex

it's been a bit

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    exciting news

Replace some organs?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Game of Thrones S8
    Like, Cloud acting like a void in the shape of the main character for most the game is kind of the point. It's actually great the way it plays out because there's all these moments where the other characters are like "Cloud I don't really know who you are." The whole twist of the game is that Cloud never actually was the plucky RPG protagonist, he was a failure who deluded himself into believing that he was the protagonist chasing his arch-nemesis when really he was just delivering the black materia to Sephiroth. Aeris likes him because he's just mimicking all the qualities of her first boyfriend, and because it's all just a delusion on his part he repeatedly drives the party into worse situations and eventually gets Aeris killed.

Man, FF7's story is convoluted as fuck but I really hope they don't try to streamline it

I want to see the clusterfuck in full glorious high definition

• Options
    Cait Sith is the real hero

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    oh no

the legendary shipping wars of ff7 have started again

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Anthem
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Which gal

An-Tifa

Obviously

Okay but Yuffie though

Little Miss Steal Yo Shit?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Game of Thrones S8
    Echo wrote: »
    Gawd I suck at SQL.

*quits job, becomes hermit living in cave*

Where-in, we learn that it is easier to tear a thing down then it is to build it up.

• Options
    Man $2800 for plane tickets is bananas.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Heck yes I got the Snubbul card, the Pokemon That's Just A Dog

• Options
    1300 is also bananas, but not italic

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Toy Story 4
    Hrm, Sephiroth is in that trailer at the end and it seems like it's in Midgar. Does that happen in the original? I don't remember them meeting that early but I don't recall.

Could be a flashback? Or a hallucination?
    In the original game Sephiroth was in the crater the whole time until the reunion and Jenova was just making the party hallucinate that they were encountering him

Really? I don't remember that at all. Who busted Jenova out and put the big snake on the big stick

• Options
    It's pronounce skwul

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Like, Cloud acting like a void in the shape of the main character for most the game is kind of the point. It's actually great the way it plays out because there's all these moments where the other characters are like "Cloud I don't really know who you are." The whole twist of the game is that Cloud never actually was the plucky RPG protagonist, he was a failure who deluded himself into believing that he was the protagonist chasing his arch-nemesis when really he was just delivering the black materia to Sephiroth. Aeris likes him because he's just mimicking all the qualities of her first boyfriend, and because it's all just a delusion on his part he repeatedly drives the party into worse situations and eventually gets Aeris killed.
    So you’re saying that Cloud is as insubstantial as a

• Options
    Hrm, Sephiroth is in that trailer at the end and it seems like it's in Midgar. Does that happen in the original? I don't remember them meeting that early but I don't recall.

Could be a flashback? Or a hallucination?
    In the original game Sephiroth was in the crater the whole time until the reunion and Jenova was just making the party hallucinate that they were encountering him

Really? I don't remember that at all. Who busted Jenova out and put the big snake on the big stick

Jenova did. It's not a hallucination, Jenova in Shinra tower turns into sephiroth's form being controlled remotely by the real one and busts out themselves.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Game of Thrones S8
    VishNub wrote: »
    Man $2800 for plane tickets is bananas.

For the lay-flat beds though? That's actually relatively cheap. Normally, they're in the $5-$6k range, and will often jump quickly to ~$10k for some routes.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Anthem
    It's Elena though.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Anthem
    I will say that it is the total post tax+fees price.

But yea, getting a full 180 degree leaning bed seat for a flight to Japan is a bit costly. Buuuuutttt I don't think I could ever convince myself to fly that long in regular seats again. I can barely handle a flight to Florida from NJ without feeling like I am going to die from discomfort.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    It's Elena though.

I need to see Reno, Rude, and Elena in the remake.

This discussion has been closed.