As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

how does a tyrannosaurus decorate their office in the [job] thread

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    THE ACELA LOUNGE IN NYC HAS COMPLIMENTARY KING SIZE SNICKERS AND TWIX

Or used to have those options.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Think of the bright side! Quid can now name exactly how many king size snickers and twix it takes before he throws up!

Orca on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    This client will not stop trying to get me to install new thermostats for him. Regardless of it being illegal for us to do that in New Hampshire, doesn't matter how many times I tell him, he keeps calling asking to schedule me.

His number is gonna get blocked real soon here.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I only took one Snickers.

Next time I bring a bag.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Think of the bright side! Quid can now name exactly how many king size snickers and twix it takes before he throws up!
    I only took one Snickers.

Next time I bring a bag.

Lightweight!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    What’s illegal about installing new thermostats?

At a guess? Regulatory Capture.

The general contractor lobby probably convinced the State that doing that work should require a license or something. Never mind the fact that I've installed a Nest in the time it took to reheat a piece of pizza.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Were you then successful in dancing well enough to attract a mate?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I was dancing at work when i would get really bored but i don't anymore

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Dude, do you have an exit plan

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Dude, do you have an exit plan

And if not, may I offer one?
    9gnfwv1mx67g.jpg
    lk5m2wcumk4o.jpg

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Smoke a bridge and plant some salt?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Strip the flesh, salt the wounds

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    Basically it's just save money over the summer . i am going to burn a ton of bridges tomorrow or Monday though

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Basically it's just save money over the summer . i am going to burn a ton of bridges tomorrow or Monday though

Careful about how you go about it. You don't want something that'll get you written up. I'm assuming you're on a union contract so you have some protections. At this point you need to hide behind those protections and keep your head down until you're ready to quit because you've found a different job or whatever other circumstances you're waiting for have arrived.

I've seen this dance before with multiple people, and popping off is a great way to just hand them ammunition for writeups. The sooner they get those writeups on you, the sooner they have the paper trail to fire you. You don't want that!

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    What’s illegal about installing new thermostats?

At a guess? Regulatory Capture.

The general contractor lobby probably convinced the State that doing that work should require a license or something. Never mind the fact that I've installed a Nest in the time it took to reheat a piece of pizza.

This. We can install them in Vermont but not New Hampshire because of regulations. You have to be a plumber, electrician, or other HVAC pro to do it.

And yeah I've done them before, they're usually super easy. Sometimes you run into a system they won't work with but mostly there work fine.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Orca, if brainleech works where I think they do, they are not union and have no protections of any sort

• Options
    Orca, if brainleech works where I think they do, they are not union and have no protections of any sort

Jeesh, then it's doubly keep your head down and don't rock the boat because they could just decide to fire you right then and there.

• Options
    He works for Walmart in a right-to-work state, the bridges are already on fire.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I confess, I'm one of those saying/thinking "get out now", but I don't know the whole of your situation (other than what you've posted here, which is... bleak).

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Based only on what's been described recently I'd take any position Home Depot had open over what Brainleech has now

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Yo, @Quid when can I schedule to be a rowdy person as part of your tour up to NYC?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Woke up feeling achey and thought it was from gardening yesterday, but a couple of hours in I think I might be ill. Can't wait to finish work and go back to bed.

• Options
    What kind of ill are you? Funky fresh, sick nasty or straight up unwell?

• Options
    Woke up feeling achey and thought it was from gardening yesterday, but a couple of hours in I think I might be ill. Can't wait to finish work and go back to bed.

Pray it's not the flu that's been going around. I'm only just getting over it and it's been a week!

• Options
    I'm not sure what it is. Home now and going to nap, hopefully that will sort me out because I am crazy tired.

• Options
    I confess, I'm one of those saying/thinking "get out now", but I don't know the whole of your situation (other than what you've posted here, which is... bleak).

truthfully it's worse than you know.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    "what did you do today indie" oh the usual, appealed a million dollar rejection of a grant by invoking antiquated colonialist geographic coordinate system from the 1920s through corresponding in catty legalese with a state contracted law firm, nbd.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Anyone know anything about Asurion as an employer?

The job developer sent my resume into them and they are doing some kind of virtual job fair on Wednesday whatever that means.

What seems iffy about it to me is the whole, drive your own vehicle around to costumers thing to provide device setup and delivery, they say up to one hundred and twenty miles which is bananas to me.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Friday right before the last class of the day got out:
    Student: Hey Mr. C, you should come see me perform.
    Me: Oh yeah? What kind of music do you do?
    Student: Rap.
    Me: Nooooope.
    Student: Ahhh come on.
    Me: I'm sorry, but I don't know...
    Student: But it isn't just rap, it's hardcore rap with industrial screamo.
    Me: Jeeeez...
    Student: Ahhh man...
    Me: Wait, where would you be performing?
    Student: Luigi's.
    Me: The Pizza place? Alright, I might go.
    Student: Sweet *leaves*
    Other Student: *whispering* Mr. C, I've seen him perform. He isn't good at all.
    Me: *whispering* I'd just be going for the pizza.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Working the weekend on call and get an email about a piece of hardware with the request “Please attempt to get this out today but do not fly it out”.

Do they really want us to pay to have a courier drive the 12-13 hours from Austin, TX to Huntsville, AL? I’m so confused.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Working the weekend on call and get an email about a piece of hardware with the request “Please attempt to get this out today but do not fly it out”.

Do they really want us to pay to have a courier drive the 12-13 hours from Austin, TX to Huntsville, AL? I’m so confused.

My read would be they want you to ship it on a Sunday but not overnight it? Which is definitely a special customer thing. Totally have your on call staff go and put a shipment together on your dime but ship it cheaply since we'd pay that.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    "Hardcore rap with industrial screamo" performed by a teenager is something I'm not sure even pizza is worth.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    "Hardcore rap with industrial screamo" performed by a teenager is something I'm not sure even pizza is worth.

Yea it better be the best pizza in the world.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    On the one hand, teenagers are awful and that music sounds like it would put me to sleep in spite of the volume.

On the other hand children are the future and the last thing that kid needs is an adult rolling their eyes at his terribleness.

It’s... a conundrum.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

I mean I've gone to worse shows for worse reasons.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

Idk if anyone should have to be forced to drive through East Texas on their way to Alabama

Strictly volunteer, one-way ticket type of mission that is

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Asurion as an employer?

The job developer sent my resume into them and they are doing some kind of virtual job fair on Wednesday whatever that means.

What seems iffy about it to me is the whole, drive your own vehicle around to costumers thing to provide device setup and delivery, they say up to one hundred and twenty miles which is bananas to me.

Glassdoor reviews seem positive if you believe those. Sounds like the call center kinda sucks but the in home work might be ok? The drive distance is probably going to depend heavily on where you are and how many other reps work the area. I do a job that's sorta similar from the sounds of it but I drive a company vehicle. I love driving for work but also that's because I'm in Vermont and New Hampshire so the scenery is beautiful.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

My read would be they want you to ship it on a Sunday but not overnight it? Which is definitely a special customer thing. Totally have your on call staff go and put a shipment together on your dime but ship it cheaply since we'd pay that.

Well the email was actually sent yesterday but was after we had left for the day. Your post plus the caffeine finally helped it click. They wanted us to ship it regular UPS, not via courier service. Regular UPS is still going to put it on a plane so it’s really a poor choice of words.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    "Sorry, too late. Please find attached the invoice for blocker car, renegade trucker, and 23 state trooper repair bills."

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.