As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the thread where we post moods

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Current mood: just watched a 20 minute HD video on my phone before realising I had the wifi turned off

I FUCKIN DID IT AGAIN

You'd better hide before the club-wielding blokes from Vodaphone come looking for you to pay the bill!

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Current mood: just watched a 20 minute HD video on my phone before realising I had the wifi turned off

I FUCKIN DID IT AGAIN

You'd better hide before the club-wielding blokes from Vodaphone come looking for you to pay the bill!

If I managed to get away from the smart rider auto top-up gang, I should be okay.

E: there is a part of INE of our offices that has shit wifi, so I often turn it off so I can look stuff up easily. I then just forget I turned the fucking thing off once I get back home

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

Time to play that who's who guessing game, "Data or Michael Myers"

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    well that's a situation I would love to be in.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I smoked my last cigarette four years ago today.

Hopefully that won't turn out to have been a naively optimistic accomplishment.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Hell yeah my dude! 2months, 21 days for me!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Neat! I can say that at this point I sometimes get a craving that seems really powerful, but at the same time it's coming through such corroded circuits that it seems like a disgraced talk radio host yelling at me about buying gold. Like, I can feel the passion behind it but at the same time it's obviously ridiculous.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I don't know if this is a mood but I've thought about this quote every day for like a month now and it keeps me entertained.

ftgdd8c14v2v.jpg

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I smoked my last cigarette four years ago today.

Hopefully that won't turn out to have been a naively optimistic accomplishment.
    Hell yeah my dude! 2months, 21 days for me!

Heartfelt congratulations to the both of you!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a mood but I've thought about this quote every day for like a month now and it keeps me entertained.

ftgdd8c14v2v.jpg

Oh goddammit

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I'm going to be singing "paradox of meat" to the tune of "Policy of Truth" in my office for the rest of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIWT8enKI4I

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Y'all know I dig coffee but let me just say I loathe when people call espresso "spro"

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    tynic wrote: »
    they what now

Is a coffee hobbyist YouTube thing I think.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    they what now

Is a coffee hobbyist YouTube thing I think.

Burn youtube to the ground

• Options
    There is one guy who keeps popping up for me on recommended who's youtube handle is sprometheus and it is so irratating.

Another guy tests grinders and stuff on a series called "will it spro"

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    BRB, going to register Spro Bros youtube channel real quick

• Options
    zbx5k07m4t5q.png
    God dammit

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    if you told me you'd written that just now in an attempt at a cheeky parody i would have 100% believed you

the sweet bean

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm honored but I couldn't come up with something as brilliant as Ricky Analog and Reezy Resells

Chall on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    It's almost enough to make me give up making spros

I'm switching to strets

Prolegomena on
  • Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    It's a bit of extra work, but I prefer a fpres or a cbru.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Coffee beans seem notably bitter

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Coffee beans seem notably bitter

Are you questioning the Super Spro Bros? Be careful, I heard they will do anything and everything coffee related

• Options
    I mostly just want to do slam dunks.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    ed: i just listened to the song on spotify so i dont know what the video is like but the song is called FCK 2020 so /shrug
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu3k2PJumfI

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Y'all know I dig coffee but let me just say I loathe when people call espresso "spro"

Letting white people have coffee was a mistake, and, as with many, many other things, the Spaniards are to blame for it.

Edit: wow, I was absolutely convinced that coffee originated in South America, but after some cursory research, it appears to be African in origin! How did I not know this?

Edit Edit: Dammit, I had forgotten that coffee was originally an Arabian innovation, rereading the history of coffee I’m now remembering a lot of the stuff I already learned.

I’m still gonna blame the Spaniards though, seems like a safe bet.

I hope you have enjoyed this trip through senility with, me, your host, sarukun.

sarukun on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Gimme a big cup of expresspro

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Gimme a big cup of expresspro

i used to like expresspro, till they moved to a yearly subscription model

• Options
    edited October 2020
    sarukun wrote: »

Letting white people have coffee was a mistake, and, as with many, many other things, the Spaniards are to blame for it.

Edit: wow, I was absolutely convinced that coffee originated in South America, but after some cursory research, it appears to be African in origin! How did I not know this?

Edit Edit: Dammit, I had forgotten that coffee was originally an Arabian innovation, rereading the history of coffee I’m now remembering a lot of the stuff I already learned.

I hope you have enjoyed this trip through senility with, me, your host, sarukun.

I highly recommend Where the Wild Coffee Grows by Jeff Koehler! It's a real good book that's part natural history, part travelogue, and part just a good summing up of where coffee growers are at these days.

If you're in the mood for more coffee lit, The Monk Of Mokha by David Eggers is a narrower but really well-written saga about a Yemini-American trying to connect the Yemen coffee market to international buyers in the face of an actual war.

Also, while I'm always ready to blame the Spanish for everything, I'm terribly afraid that the Dutch are mostly to blame for white people getting their hands on coffee.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

I highly recommend Where the Wild Coffee Grows by Jeff Koehler! It's a real good book that's part natural history, part travelogue, and part just a good summing up of where coffee growers are at these days.

If you're in the mood for more coffee lit, The Monk Of Mokha by David Eggers is a narrower but really well-written saga about a Yemini-American trying to connect the Yemen coffee market to international buyers in the face of an actual war.

You are a treasure and this interaction leads me to believe that I need more friends who are librarians...

Or at least read more and make recommendations based on their reading.

• Options
    Good news, you're already friends with librarians. Our reach is worldwide, baby.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm da woof awwoooo all night long awwoooo

• Options
    I am the dolphin.

Koo koo ka kill me.

This discussion has been closed.