As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Or, if you already have it, you can get a second one since all rewards are reset.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I think I only have 1 new weapon for IW, so that should be a less frantic run this time around.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I have a few weapons that I could get better mods on, but nothing new.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Haha, I just realized I forgot to do the chamber of enlightenment for like 3 days.

Hah...

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Looking forward to running Astrea through IW.

I hope we know Rebertas rework before IW goes away. Need to see if running her spear through would be worth it.

And then Brontes for CG Lightning if I luck into a second

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    I already have Reberta's spear with the rare I believe. Don't remember if it's the regular or boosted rare, but it's in a good spot. Same with Lightning Sabre for her, assuming she still wants a Lightning weapon. Part of me hopes they get rid of her innate boosts based on having an elemental weapon equipped and make her different Breath moves into imbues. In that case she'll be rocking Ragnarock with her spear.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    So, I'm considering moogling Elephim's harp to run through IW. I know she should be getting her enhancments "soon" so I want to be ready with that when they do. But, I have 3 of her now and her STMR would be better for her than her own 2h harp. I could hold out and see if I get a 3rd, but IW will be over by then. Decisions...

edit: I have over 700% in trust moogles right now with nothing as a priority. I have 200% saved for Bartz in the future, but that's about it.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    If you have the moogles, go for it. It's not like TM moogles are going to stop coming as well. You may very well have 200% more by the time Bartz comes out.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Just heard that Star Ocean is shutting down. RIP.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Apparently you can get Shadow over 2100 atk

... with a lot of STMRs and CG Lightning and Malphasie’s TMRs

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Just heard that Star Ocean is shutting down. RIP.

That game was in rough shape to begin with. I'm not surprised.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Looks like JP is getting Seaside Nichol (Tropical Nichol) and Aloha Lasswell (Vacation Lasswell). Their version of Lasswell is a 100% dedicated tank.

• Options

Reminder about maintenance tonight!!
    1. Start 4 hours before server reset!
    2. Lots of banners (summon and raid coin) ending this week!

reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/cn77t6/earlier_gl_maintenance_whats_ending_and_when/

• Options
    yay I guess, 4* ticket turned into CG Lightning #2. I really wish GUMI would give one of these units AoE Bolting Strike so I could use them with Esther in the Arena or something.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    yay I guess, 4* ticket turned into CG Lightning #2. I really wish GUMI would give one of these units AoE Bolting Strike so I could use them with Esther in the Arena or something.

Reberta may get AoE BS frames. In a perfect world all of her Breath attacks would get relevant chain families (Lightning: BS, Fire: AMoE, Ice: AZ). Also, 80% imperils and self imbue for the respective element.

• Options
    I only have 1 Reberta... she could be an amazing chaining partner after this month's update. I'm assuming we won't get that until next week or there would have been a banner with all of the GLEX upgrade units on it.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I think we got surprised by the upgrades last month? Like, they weren't announced and then just happened? Or am I confusing that with the main-cast enhancements? Either way, there's precedent for gumi just kinda springing these things on us. Edit: Ok, we definitely got news about the upgrades ahead of time, I was mis-remembering.

But yeah, we'll likely be getting a 5k lapis bundle for the newly upgraded units like we did for the last batch. I'd be tempted to try my luck for a 4th A.Lasswell.

Cruor on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I will probably dump a pull or two into the Support type banner. Yuraisha, Sylvie, Fid would all work out well for me (have 1 each of the first two).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    If we ever get a tank banner without Gladio, I'd be tempted to pull on it.

• Options
    As much as I love Rena. Pulling for Aerith or Folka is tempting. But I wont because I dont need more Eikos.

That Tank banner coming back is cruel though.

• Options
    Rena is why Ayaka has been warming the bench for months. I see no reason to switch at this point.

• Options
    I'm still debating around healers. I have Folka who is still good, but lacks synergy with Sylvie. I could UoC a 2nd Myra, who is a swiss army healer or I could just wait another month for LW Lenna, though she's on a double banner with Bartz (might be a good thing). Or I could shoot for CG Charlotte and DW Galuf and use their general DM with Sylvie and Folka.

• Options
    I'll admit the Rena/Sylvie Mitigation Power Hour is a really nice wall of defenses. So much so that Rena has a lot of turns where she just does fuckall.

CG Fid would be a better get... But not one I want to pull for.

• Options
    So to confirm: No new units this Friday? Just the old banners?

• Options
    Yeah, this seems to be an off week. It would have been a great week to drop the August unit upgrades so we had something new to play around with. Ah well.

• Options
    So trying to down Alpherg for the Ragnarok before IW drops tomorrow. Let me know if this idea works because my previous strats have gone very poorly.

Wilhelm AoE Evade Cover
    Sylvie Manufactured Nethecite (or does this not counter the Water and Wijd Attacks like I hope?)
    Circe and TTerra CW Chain down the first 50%

Phase 2 my standard team of Provoke Wilhelm, Cover Charlotte, Rena Healing/Mitigation swapping with Sylvie when necessary Mal/Elena Hybrid Chain until dead

I cant even get him to 50% because either the AoE Physical attack murders my Casters or if I cover those with Wilhelm the Elemental attacks do them in. Even with resist buffs

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Reigner wrote: »
    So trying to down Alpherg for the Ragnarok before IW drops tomorrow. Let me know if this idea works because my previous strats have gone very poorly.

Wilhelm AoE Evade Cover
    Sylvie Manufactured Nethecite (or does this not counter the Water and Wijd Attacks like I hope?)
    Circe and TTerra CW Chain down the first 50%

Phase 2 my standard team of Provoke Wilhelm, Cover Charlotte, Rena Healing/Mitigation swapping with Sylvie when necessary Mal/Elena Hybrid Chain until dead

I cant even get him to 50% because either the AoE Physical attack murders my Casters or if I cover those with Wilhelm the Elemental attacks do them in. Even with resist buffs

Boss moves are almost always abilities and not magic, so Nethecite won't help. Here's my original run:
    Alpherg down. Switched Wilhelm to M. Ramza and loaded WKN with MAG gear. Though I didn't get the elemental mission for some reason. I was using Wind (Tornado and Aeroja), WKN countered with Ice; so it can't be those. I had Loren with Dark and Earth elements and broke a ton of times so I'd assume it wasn't that either unless when it's physical immune they don't count or when she was imbued with elements it counteracted it. That was probably my biggest issue with the fight, it would use it's Shell Retreat but instead of lasting 1 turn, it seemed to last 2 turns randomly. Not sure if it's a bug or not. Another possible bug was Zarg getting defense broken when he had Folka's protection on.

Team was:

M. Ramza - I was able to get high water and wind resist along with 1000 DEF/SPR. For Phase 1 he AoE physical covered and provoked. I threw on Mechanical Heart which helped a ton.
    Zarg - Doing Zarg things. Rejuvinate was the go to, but having a backup source of Stop resist for Phase 2 was nice. Also had Lakamishi for Dispeling Smile.
    Folka - Never left the team. Hit ailment resists, stop resist, 100% water buff, and healing/DM. Sadly it took me till the end of the fight to realize her water resist was dual cast-able lol.
    WKN - Decked out with Mag gear (HP: 10.9K, MAG: 1934, DEF: 545, SPR: 735)
    Barb - Also decked out with Mag gear. 11K HP and removed her TMR for 40% more DEF.

Rem - Backup healer and Phase 1 Esper filler.
    Ace - Backup DM and Phase 1 Esper filler.
    BS Sakura - About 1500 Mag (had to get her HP up higher, died on try 1).
    Loren - Breaker with Earth and Dark.
    2B - Backup breaker. Never used her.

Phase 1: Reminded me of the very first 10 man Sheratan. Was pretty easy compared to Phase 2 and used the time to get the missions done. Pretty simple, M. Ramza covered physical and provoked, Folka protected against breaks, water buff, and healed. Barb helped with wind buff, Loren broke Atk/Mag (Def/Spr later when attacking), and lots of subbing in Ace, Rem, and others to prep for Phase 2 and get the missions.

Phase 2: Kind of a crap shoot. My first couple tries I couldn't really control when I went into phase 2 which sucked. If you can time it, it'll help a ton. When transitioning, make sure you switch to a Magic AoE tank. It's Magic AoE hits harder than it's Physical. So M. Ramza just switched over. Also make sure to try and hit it on a odd turn. Even turns it hits with Bite Down, you'll want an extra turn before that massive ST attack. Part of the shit show is that M.Ramza's magic cover is a CD. So when he died and re-raised, it wasn't up yet. So I used provoke, had Folka heal everyone up, and had WKN do his Magic AoE cover. Worked out really well somehow. This allowed M.Ramza to guard the next turn for Bite Down, with Zarg's DM up, he was able to survive with a sliver of life.

After stabilizing, it wasn't too bad. I barely subbed anyone in or out, I mostly stuck with the first group I listed. Zarg was able to remove breaks, protect breaks, heal, throw up DM, etc to help Folka with the same things. WKN and Barb just kept hitting it with Tornado + Aeroja chains, and M. Ramza went back to provoking and guarding (WKN did the magic tanking). Subbed in Loren every 5 turns to throw down a break and Rem if more recovery was needed vs DPS. One lucky break was that I hit the 30% threshold but I missed the 20% one. It was at 21% and WKN's counters dropped it to 19%. I then got to go before it's threshold attack. Threw in BS Sakura for Zarg, and was able to Tornado + Aeroja and dual cast Quick Final Thunder (probably not max stacked) which killed it. In retrospect, I probably should have brought Rinoa instead for easier finishing.

Overall MVP was WKN. How in the world he was able to AoE tank while also decked out with Mag gear was crazy. Folka would be runner up, water resist plus break resist was key, though there are other units that could have subbed in like either 7* Nichols or Lilith.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Yeah, this seems to be an off week. It would have been a great week to drop the August unit upgrades so we had something new to play around with. Ah well.

Yeah, I'm itching to see the upgrades. I have Reberta, GLS and A.Lasswell all 7*.

• Options
    Oooor I walk in and one shot him on this attempt. Forgot to do any of the missions, but Ragnarok is mine.

TTerra is a BAD partner for Circe. Jesus

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

Yeah, I'm itching to see the upgrades. I have Reberta, GLS and A.Lasswell all 7*.

I have ALass but I'm really looking forward to Kryla and especially Reberta.

Would like to see Christine's upgrades as well after the love Circe got.

• Options
    I'm not sure what I want most out of Kryla. Her breaks are still meta, and her utility is still rather good, and she has some free turns in her rotation to apply imperils/whatever. Having some accessory chaining would be good, light/dark imperils on demand would also be nice. Maybe have her Witchcraft+ be a T or Q-cast? Up her imperils to 80+%?

• Options
    What I want most is a second one....

• Options
    Down to needing to clear the dagger, whip, Bell, and Greatsword for the 10man trials. You guys are right these things got powercrept hard

• Options
    I have Circe and Esther setup for the Scorn of the Ice Bird. Both have pretty high ice/wind/water resist and SPR/DEF stats. I think I can beef up Circe a bit more, but I haven't had time to really think about alternative gear.

• Options
    Down to needing to clear the dagger, whip, Bell, and Greatsword for the 10man trials. You guys are right these things got powercrept hard

Ironically I think that even before the power creep they were easier than the 6-man. The 6-man trials have 0 room for error. If you forget to dispel or something your entire 30+ turn run is over.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

Bell might be the easiest 10 man there is (not counting Olive shenanigans against Elnath). I think I Tornado chained them into oblivion.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Speaking of 10 mans I’ve been getting loading errors trying to even get in that area since the update, which is weeeird.

Also I have no Elena friends, and not even randos are running her in a favorite slot it is very strange. I take this as punishment for immediately STMR’ing my Elena.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I have Circe and Esther setup for the Scorn of the Ice Bird. Both have pretty high ice/wind/water resist and SPR/DEF stats. I think I can beef up Circe a bit more, but I haven't had time to really think about alternative gear.

Is a fire weapon or status resist needed?
    Speaking of 10 mans I’ve been getting loading errors trying to even get in that area since the update, which is weeeird.

Also I have no Elena friends, and not even randos are running her in a favorite slot it is very strange. I take this as punishment for immediately STMR’ing my Elena.

What do you need on her? I don’t have the best hybrid gear but I can put one up.

• Options

I have some spots open. Whats your code. Ill add you!

• Options
    Heads up, you want Lightning damage on the Icebird. You need to do lightning damage every round or it hits you with an ice/water/wind imbue, and it absorbs those elements. If you're doing magical damage you can skip lightning but it is innately weak to it.