As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Sure can, give me a sec.

• Options
    @Cruor she's up about 2500 more hp (8500). Hopefully that's all you need!

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Did my pull on the attack banner, which gave me two rainbows. I got the Mediena I was looking for and a bonus Nagi for her 7*. Really glad I finally have Quintessence.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    3 Esthers? Or 2 Esthers and an STMR?

Asking for a friend.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    maraji wrote: »
    3 Esthers? Or 2 Esthers and an STMR?

Asking for a friend.

Two and an STMR. I can't think of a single reason, outside of arena, to have three of any 7* unit.

So, Ice Bird is a giant jerk and I don't have the proper units to deal with it. I'm using CGFina and Zargabaath as healer/support and it ALMOST works, but the uptime on Zarg's good resists isn't long enough and the turn or so they're down there's too much margin for RNG error. I could potentially try to make Sylvie work in my set-up and use any free turn CGFina has to Entrust her to keep her good resists up like every other turn when she's not refreshing Stop resist. I think I'll give that a go before I do something silly like UoC a second MSNichol and full enhance/latent ability him.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Are we able to turn relics in for esper stuff yet?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I think it's a crafting recipe.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Man this ep thing is sooo dumb. Just give us EP as the reward. Having to use the keys to get ep was not fun this morning.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Yeah I have like 30 or so Rank EXP maps. I was going to use all of them until I realized that you have to go to the vortex, choose the maps, select the rank exp map, select a friend, confirm using a map, load, fight starts and bomb kills itself, load, tap through damage/exp/trust, load, select map... Etc.

Fuck all that busy work.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    I forgot how much of an total asspain Item World is

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Ice Bird down, OBAMA'd! Thanks @Trajan45 and @urahonky for your Sakuras!

Team and general breakdown:

Sieghard: Geared for resists and SPR, spent most of the time rotating his provoke and guarding. On turns when Sakura's Defensive Barrier dropped he would put up his LB mitigation.
    CGFina: Spent most of the time refreshing Manatopia/Shining Cheer, healed/reraised when necessary. Free turns to entrust to Sylvie.
    Sylvie: Barriers, magic mitigation, stop resist, LB. Rotate as needed. MVP.
    Basch: 100% evade, SPR breaks, emergency heals, Baraeroga, esper summons.
    BSSakura: General mitigation and killing shit.

So, I took out each of the Ice Statues separately because whittling each of them down at the same time (with them getting healed every so often) was a pain. Worked well enough, actually used Sieghard's LB to kill one of them. Doing them one at a time also has the added benefit of avoiding getting Diffusion Laser chained to death.

Edit: It felt nice having to figure out how to do the trial with the units I have, as opposed to following the strategies of other people who had the "proper" units like Folka and MSNichol. Most clears I've seen also used the likes of CG Charlotte or WKN as the magic provoker, and I'm glad I could make Sieg work in that role.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Just ran the Icebird gun through IW, got the first rare I've gotten in the past few IWs. Ended with 45% ATK, 5% HP. Good enough for me.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Looks like JP's next update is a triple-fest banner for FFX-2 featuring Yuna, Rikku and Payne, none of whom are CG units. The natives appear to be none too pleased about it but Alim looks like they're going to ride this fest thing with FFBE into the ground. At this point I just wonder how much time the JP version has left before even the few remaining whales there get tired of the fest system.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    Finally got a rare in item world, resulted in one of my best runs ever, got rare, atk 10, atk 12 on PG Lassworm's STMR. It looks good on my Zeno, 3034 atk now.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I got a rare on Elena's sword with decent secondary mods: rare lvl 4, ATK 10, HP 5. I'm working on CG Jake's STMR and Quicksilver next. I need to get Elephim's harp and run that too.

edit: We should be getting news of the upgraded GLEX units tomorrow. Kryla, GL Sakura, and Christine getting some more love! I'm looking forward to it! I might need to run Reaver through IW for better stats too.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Hey, don't forget about Reberta and Aloha Lasswell! They're the main reason I'm gonna grab those two CG Lightning TMR moogles from the MK shop. I'm sure one or both of them might want more TDW.

• Options
    I have 7* A. Lasswell now, but I'm not that excited for his update. I guess his kit is just not that exciting to me. That could change with his update this week. I only have 1 Reberta that I pulled with our very first G5 10+1 pull. I think that was 2+ years ago...

• Options
    Yeah, A.Lasswell was uninteresting even when he came out. He desperately needs better mods/frames/cohesion for his kit.

Reberta got a decent amount of use for me, especially with her timed jump. I'm very excited to see what each of them get.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Yeah, A.Lasswell was uninteresting even when he came out. He desperately needs better mods/frames/cohesion for his kit.

Reberta got a decent amount of use for me, especially with her timed jump. I'm very excited to see what each of them get.

A Lasswell looks kinda cool in JP as a tank. Give us that.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Kain fight was a little buggy for me. He'd jump and murder CG Fina even though she had reraise, and when I revived her she couldn't cast anything. I got him to 0% HP but the battle didn't end because she was stuck in the casting animation without actually casting anything.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    So in case you havent been checking. The follow-up ticket summons have a very very small summon limit of...

So for those of you, like me, waiting to do them all in one big swath, get ready to hate everything.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

A Lasswell looks kinda cool in JP as a tank. Give us that.

Eh, I'd be fine with him keeping some tank abilities like Esther, but I'd really enjoy him being a water/wind focused TDW kinda guy. It would take too much reworking to make him a dedicated tank. Also, if they made him a tank, he would overlap roles with my dream Lifeguard Wilhelm.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I haven't been keeping track of how many we've received up to this point. I was just waiting until we get a bunch to summon. Even then, I probably won't have time to summon them all for a while. At 50 a pop, that's going to take a LONG time. Gumi going to do Gumi things. "You want more tickets for rank/login days? Fine! But you will be punished with it taking forever to summon them all!!"

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    My brother still uses Aloha Laswell as one of his main physical attackers (together with Tifa), so he's hoping for some good upgrades there. He's not had great luck with physical attackers, although his magic attackers are great, so any improvements would be great.

I've randomly gotten 5 Rebertas over the years, so I'm excited to see what boosts she gets. I've already gotten her STMR, but that extra 5th one means that I could try to pick up another if she turns into a great chainer.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I decided to do a pull on the support banner. I need a debuffer something fierce. I had 1 of Summer Lid/Fina, Auron, and Beowulf which were all suppose to be good units, and hey the banner got me a second Auron, so thats pretty solid

• Options
    Auron is pretty cool and a very good debuffer/chainer pair with Randi, especially if you need fire elemental chaining.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well my team now is
    Elena
    Zeno
    Wilhelm
    Auron
    Ayaka

Pretty solid I think

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    I'm mainly running
    Esther
    Ellesperis
    Sylvie
    Myra
    Beatrix
    Sieghard
    Lilith
    I swap units around to make my team work, Lilith and Ellesperis usually sit out. I have my Zeno, but I hate his Sprite so I don't usually use him. I wish we could get a female physical tank that's worth a damn so I can complete waifu squad.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote: »
    So in case you havent been checking. The follow-up ticket summons have a very very small summon limit of...

So for those of you, like me, waiting to do them all in one big swath, get ready to hate everything.

That just sounds spiteful.

“Oh you want more tickets just for playing, huh? Fine. Enjoy. Jerks.”

• Options
    I'm looking forward to pulling about 2000 tickets 50 at a time. Sounds thrilling.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I think there must be some limit of 100 when doing summoning. Raids are basically batches of 100 too, right? 100 coins for a summon and you can do 10,000 at a time?
    The tickets are then limited to 50 because they each give something+1 coin, so totals out to 100 things.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »

Oh for fuck's sake.

• Options
    We have not gotten more than 100 followup tickets yet. The limit used to be 10 until we got to the 50 cap. I think it will bump up once we get the next set of tickets that pushes our totals above 100.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    With the amount of tickets some of us are getting, even 100 ticket multis are going to be a chore. With 50, I doubt there's any malice behind it, probably just an oversight.

I'm still planning on waiting so I can do a summon bonanza. Though it'll be tough when the first big batch is given to us.

Zomro on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    With the amount of tickets some of us are getting, even 100 ticket multis are going to be a chore. With 50, I doubt there's any malice behind it, probably just an oversight.

I'm still planning on waiting so I can do a summon bonanza. Though it'll be tough when the first big batch is given to us.

What, anniversary follow-up tickets? I have barely a handful and I don't think I've missed any logins.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    The big handouts of the F-up tickets (Rank x 5, total login days) haven't been done yet. We'll have all of the tickets pretty much at the end of the month.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So I forgot that Hasiko came out before the Sylvie + Esther combo. I was worried I'd have to actually setup a party for this one, but I think if you throw a light weapon and enough demon killer on Esther, she can one-shot it.
    Just bring Sylvie to restore 350 MP to both Esther's and have them chain Bolting Strike x2. Bring someone with enough MP/DEF/SPR to keep like 10 MP and cast Cure for the white magic.
    Should one-shot Hasiko and complete all the missions.

• Options
    We get the first batch of tickets on the 15th (1 for every login day). Then the rank level ones come at the end of the month or early Sept.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    So I forgot that Hasiko came out before the Sylvie + Esther combo. I was worried I'd have to actually setup a party for this one, but I think if you throw a light weapon and enough demon killer on Esther, she can one-shot it.
    Just bring Sylvie to restore 350 MP to both Esther's and have them chain Bolting Strike x2. Bring someone with enough MP/DEF/SPR to keep like 10 MP and cast Cure for the white magic.
    Should one-shot Hasiko and complete all the missions.

Sylvie is also great because she AoE auto-restores 50MP at the beginning of every round.

• Options
    There is also the tried and true Nyx sacrifice with Rem MP refresh CD. It looks like KO is ok for the Hasiko trial. No item, No limit, Evoke an esper. The no limit combo with the esper mission will be annoying. Can't use Eiko to limit fill the evoke gauge. Otherwise, it could be a turn 1 KO with all missions. Now it will be a personal challenge to make it happen. Nyx (kill), Rem (MP fill CD), Eiko (Passion performance), and MS Nichol (CD x2) could recover MP and maybe fill the evoke gauge turn 1. Then I would need to evoke esper with a dps and have the last unit that can KO Hasiko by themselves. Maybe...