As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Mmm yeah, Balmung and Mateus are flipping their shit right now for Wall Lean. #1 move for the cool guy who wants to hang around the busy RP hub areas, contributing to the overwhelming visual noise, but wants to do so silently and without actually talking to anyone, all the while desperately hoping someone will just walk up to them and ask about their tragic backstory.

And then there'll be me just doing it so I can have my character comically apologize for fucking up the wallpaper with my Dragoon AF armor spikes again.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Trailer stuff
    I swear, if I have to watch that poor boy turn into a sineater...

I'll laugh tho if it turns out Zenos decides to switch to DRK to match his bestie.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Trailer stuff

I'll laugh tho if it turns out Zenos decides to switch to DRK to match his bestie.
    i sort of saw it the opposite way. It looks to me like Halric’s condition is starting to reverse, to the point that he can actually talk.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Miqo'te
    actually what zone is that wall lean video in, I don't recognize it

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Then it’s probably Diadem.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    actually the pixie tribe quests are coming with a new, children's fantasy/playground area, and the lean was shown off there

note the giant candy in the background

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Roegadyn
    the ixal, moogle, and namazu quests all make changes to the overworld zones they're in as you level them up (which makes sense as they're all for crafters), but this is the first one that's getting its own separate area, though we don't know if it changes (plus I'm pretty sure pixies will be for combat jobs)

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    wait a minute did they whitewash 2P, didn't she have darker skin

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    All of the Yorha androids in Nier Automata are very pale

• Options
    Miqo'te
    and 2P had dark skin in Soul Calibur and her action figure, her design's not actually in Nier Automata.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Miqo'te
    I think that in-game shot just has some out of control bloom, the art splash looks pretty similar.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Miqo'te
    render from the patch preview site:

JuIefPViYbuKXoI5ke9kX2D83k.jpg

models in Soul Calibur:
    F249753726E31E154A0E2A3433742AFBC224823D

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lalafell
    How odd.

I would’ve thought maybe it was due to them explicitly making her the same character as in Nier (whereas a costume from SC may be seen as an alternate character), but then she has the same hair as the SC design.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Enlong wrote: »
    Trailer stuff

i sort of saw it the opposite way. It looks to me like Halric’s condition is starting to reverse, to the point that he can actually talk.

You're probably right, been a while since I was in that area.

This event is good.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    How do you get to the posing part?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    /gpose

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    Of the event I mean.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    It's in the mansion, after you clear the mini games I believe

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Antitower
    Ok, so Zodiark is the moon, that's rad. Minfilia is a god vessel, that's less rad.

And Hydaelyn was split into ten and three? Like... parallel dimensions? And the Calamities are the Ascians collapsing them back into each other so Zodiark can stop being the moon?

Also "For those we have lost, for those we may yet save" showed up, and I know I've seen that quote thrown around a lot regarding shadowbringers

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Yeah, that quote has become something of a theme. It's an important line remembered and recited by a number of the Scions, and our own character has a good number of opportunities to quote it as well.

• Options
    Lalafell
    So I was doing a random quest in Wolkedorf (Shadowbringers town), gathering a green glider tail for an Amaro to eat, and got a random bit of lore out of it.
    So, apparently, there was an outright war with the forces of the Shadowkeeper at some point, and the Shadowkeeper's army had people capable of morphing into wolves for combat. That is a scene I would very much like to see in greater detail

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Hyur
    Radius wrote: »
    Antitower
    Ok, so Zodiark is the moon, that's rad. Minfilia is a god vessel, that's less rad.

And Hydaelyn was split into ten and three? Like... parallel dimensions? And the Calamities are the Ascians collapsing them back into each other so Zodiark can stop being the moon?

Also "For those we have lost, for those we may yet save" showed up, and I know I've seen that quote thrown around a lot regarding shadowbringers

Yes. Antitower drops some major lore points.
    Hydaelyn split off ten and three reflections of the Source. Which yes, basically parallel dimensions. XIV itself takes place on the original world (the Source). And yup, the Ascians intend to revive Zodiark that way. There have been seven calamities, so... you do the math.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »
    Antitower

Yes. Antitower drops some major lore points.
    Hydaelyn split off ten and three reflections of the Source. Which yes, basically parallel dimensions. XIV itself takes place on the original world (the Source). And yup, the Ascians intend to revive Zodiark that way. There have been seven calamities, so... you do the math.
    If you want more details about what happened to one of the shards, you should do the Warring Triad boss trials. The unlock quest is called "Gods of Eld" and it's in Foundation somewhere.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I joke about removing Bio and Miasma from your bars, but honestly after the last change that got rid of the mini-fester effect on Ruin spells it's not that much of a joke.

With the DOT's lower potency and Ruin 3/4's buffed potency now a days, it maths out to hard casting them being a DPS loss vs. casting 2 Ruin 3s unless you have like, 20+ seconds left before Tri-disaster is available. Which almost never happens thanks to trances refreshing it.

They're really only for target switching at this point.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Getting down to the final stretch of moogle tomestones, is there anything in particular in here that I should pick up because it's too hard and/or impossible to get normally, or anything in particular that I shouldn't waste tomestones on because it's easy to get the manual way?

• Options
    Miqo'te
    I think the Answers orchestrion roll is pretty annoying to get the normal way, lots of getting bits randomly dropped from all over the coils of bahamut. Other than that I have no idea.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    If you don't have it already, the Falcon mount (the airship, not the actual bird mounts :P ) isn't available any other way.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Lalafell
    If you want something to just dump your tomestones on, the job mastery prism isn’t presently available any other way. It’s just a firework effect, but it is exclusive.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Au'Ra
    If you care about earrings, the Mameshiba earrings are exclusive to this event. Otherwise the Falcon was only available during a 2017 subscription promotion, and the 50-tome orchestrion rolls are all kind of obnoxious in some measure - Answers requires grinding several wings of Coil which at least one of which is definitely not soloable, and the others are from Aquapolis which has kind of been obsoleted with the new treasure dungeon - you may find groups still deliberately doing lower level treasure maps but you not only have to count on that happening but also them dropping and you winning.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I'm getting really excited for 5.1. I finally got back to doing some prog on savage Eden this weekend, and seeing little bits of the new stuff is getting me hyped. Can't imagine I'll ever touch the Ultimate fight, though.

Also should be getting both black mage and ninja to 80 this week. Dancer's my only 80 DPS right now (I usually heal), so I'm looking forward to potentially being able to fill any role. Black mage especially is something I could see me putting a lot of time into learning well, although we'll see how I feel about ninja after the big changes. That said, I still find dancer really fun, so maybe I'll be interested in keeping at it if their potency buffs are enough.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I should just be working on the msq but instead I’m gonna get a cool bird mount or something.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to skip the earring as they're hidden by bent Viera ears anyway. So far I've got Falcon, the other two 50-tomestone bird mounts, Answers, Bomb Palanquin Horn, and I think I already had all the Triple Triad cards. That leaves three other Orchestrion Rolls, all the Riding Maps, six 30-tomestone mounts, and some of the cheaper items. And some of those gear pieces I'm not too interested in.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    yswa9mh9lieb.png

Me when I tell a bad pun at a gathering.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Yeah I grinded out Frontlines to get the Falcon.

Still only have 5 wins across 52 Frontlines matches in the last 5 months. Sigh.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Bleh, I should start doing Frontlines if they're good exp

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Javen wrote: »
    Bleh, I should start doing Frontlines if they're good exp

I got my Dragoon like three levels during this batch.

Also hey, do people still play on Sarg in the PA FC? Does SE++ have their own separate or whatever? I'm tired of having no one to play with because my friends abandoned me and stopped playing

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I actually consider PVP to be pretty mediocre XP.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    PvP was VERY good xp for like a month at the start of Stormblood, but they severely nerfed the xp for a loss, and the xp for a win somewhat, because people were just AFKing in frontlines to level.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Hyur
    turtleant wrote: »
    PvP was VERY good xp for like a month at the start of Stormblood, but they severely nerfed the xp for a loss, and the xp for a win somewhat, because people were just AFKing in frontlines to level.

An absolute shame, because it was a fun way to get levels.

It's still pretty good for tomestones though.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »

And yet they kept Praetorium, am I right?

This discussion has been closed.